A wide open area of flat, grassy land and rocky trenches, supposedly a wide range of ancient civilizations once lived here. Species that like wide, open areas, such as Gyrophants, Serraptors, and Sahound, thrive here, though only the agile survive. (+3 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Vast Plains

Postby Redd » 11/09/2008 2:10 AM

"So many would die, just so we could live?" Fyte asked, unable to bite back the rising anger in her voice.

Although it was only the dead Fyte had the ability to sense (an ability gained from death itself she found), she could feel something was wrong. Could it be Sai? Could he possibly had wanted to kill her when they were only fifteen?

The answer was no. Sai did not want to harm her. All that time ago, he would have never known it, but he was mentally bent to do it; he had no choice. Now, he only wanted them to see truth.
[i]Such a bizarre and unbelievable truth. No one would forgive you, even if they did believe you,[i] the little voice in Sai's head cackled.

"Twas Xai'rea's fault." Dobarchu whispered.
Avir cocked his avian head. "Who?"
Sai cleared his throat. "Xai'rae, Duchess of the Undead. Goes about destroying villages. Normally small ones, once every 5000 years."
"She normally picks a young'un to 'elp 'er so she doesn't 'ave much trouble inful'tratin' the village." Dobarchu said.
"And then, she raids the village, destroying and recruiting those who want to... 'live'."
"Which was jus' moar loik an eternal death, if ya catch on to what I'm sayin'."
"Then renders the rest of it uninhabitable."

Fyte looked at Sai incredulously. "Right? You expect me to believe that?"

Stare in the darkness
Are you scared? Are you free?
I can be fair or a monster
Tell me now, which one do you need?

I can feel teeth tear into me
Rip me to pieces, rock me to sleep
I can feel eyes staring at me
Getting uneasy, ready to feed
I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 892
Donate

Postby Freezair » 11/09/2008 2:30 AM

"How very appropriate, that you should talk of infiltrating villages," Locke said to himself. He rose to his feet. In front of him, fluttering out the window, Marisol swooped in close.

Now, he sent.

She nodded in kind.

Glass shattered dramatically as the Marrow Corbine swooped into the window, both her beak and her metal wings wailing and squalling. She swung low over the heads of Fyte and Sai, cawing at them. In her talons, she drug a long net, its fibers coated with sticky goo.

Locke pounced in front of them, ready to tackle them if they fought--or if they even tried to escape. He hissed, and his long, scythed tail lashed. His networked body pulsed, and toxin dripped from the end of his blades. His eyes darted between the two targets, their allies, and Marisol.

Now. Now, we can do this...

[3, 15]

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby Redd » 11/09/2008 2:39 AM

War had taught them much. Not enough to be ready for the surprise attack though. Last time, they confronted the Khimera, they had not witnessed an ambush.

Sai, completely surprised, baffled and confused by the sudden noise, movement, just stood there dazed as the net fell about him. Fyte more alert, dropped to the floor, using Sai as a prop to hold up the net as it encased both of them. "Stand still." She hissed through her teeth, unsure if the Biolune was even listening.

Avir screeched, a ear shattering noise. He snapped his beak and tossed his head, similar to a horse and working himself up into a frenzy.
Fyte pressed her body flat to the floor, trying to not let the sticky net touch her.

And amidst all the action, Dobarchu slipped out the shattered window to make his escape.

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 11/09/2008 4:19 AM

Marisol shrieked and dove at the dazed Sai, trying to drag the net over him. If she aimed well, she could tangle his feet, and the sticky substance on the threads would make it difficult to extract from his fur. She saw that she had the two nearly captured, but she wanted to be especially sure of this.  

Locke dove at the Garudor, knowing his main threat. His tails whipped around his sides, aiming to cut at the Garudor. He put up his claws and scratched in front of him. He dove with his jaws for the avian's legs, hopping to sink in his teeth.

[4, 16]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 11/19/2008 7:27 AM

The net fell neatly over Sai, just as he snapped back to action. This was an ambush. He was sent here, to be killed by Yorutanekke, or that vile nagi he kept with him.
Great observation, idiot. What are you going to do now? The sneering voice asked.
Sai did what a dog would normally do, gnaw at the bonds of the net.
Fyte groaned softly. What a moron. She instead darted off the ground, headfirst at the net, aiming to break the bonds with her curling rams horns. War had taught her not to be stupid. That soft Biolune would just hinder her, she needed to find a way to dump the pitiful excuse for an Albie.

Avir screamed as Locke's tails slashed him. In retaliation, he reared up high, spreading his large wings and hissing loudly. He lept into the air, flapping his great wings wildly, knocking an assortment of things onto the ground. His eyes were no longer the passive eyes of a bird. They were filled with a violent bloodlust and rage, which even Fyte was scared of.
He lept at Locke, his beak stretched wide, ready to snap, and hopefully knock the Khimera with enough force.

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 11/19/2008 4:07 PM

The heavy, muscular wings of the Gaurdor beat at Locke, forcing the Khimera to fall toward the ground. He snarled in fury, trying to rise against the gust.

"LOOK OUT!" Marisol cawed in warning.

Locke lifted his head to see Avir rushing at him.

He grunted and rolled to the side, but his body clanked. He caught halfway, lying exposed and on his side. Marisol shrieked and dove for him aiming at Avir. Her body was much smaller than the massive Gaurdor's, but she was light and evasive, and she was aiming her finely honed, thick beak at the Garudor's neck.

[5, 17]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 11/21/2008 6:26 PM

Avir, had eyes only for his quarry, the Khimera. The Khimera was down, and even though there was an annoying Corbine swooping around, like an irritated magpie; his rage allowed him to only see his target.
He dove at Locke, sweeping his wings up furiously and lashing out at Locke with sharp talons. He had suffered injuries, although he did not know where, only it hurt to move, yet his rage clouded majority of the pain.

Fyte grimaced when her horns made contact with the sticky substance on the ropes. The parted slightly. Again Fyte ran the length of her horns along the rope, as it passed over it each time, it split a little, and the rope was thick. Stuff this. She thought to herself.
"Sai, get down. NOW." Fyte bellowed at the Biolune. Startled, he did what he was told.
Quickly, Fyte pressed a paw against the rope, hoping that even after months of neglect her Freezing Touch would still work. Sure enough, the bonds began to coat over with ice.
If she had a few more moments, a whole section of rope would be frozen, then she would be able to smash through.

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 11/22/2008 10:13 PM

Locke was aging, and he felt his muscles go thick. The pulse of the Garudor's wings and the sluggishness curdling up in his blood was slowing him down. As Avir dove, he clawed at the air in front of him, standing up as best he could and attempting to sink his claws into the Gaurdor's breast.

Marisol noticed in her bionic ears the sound of clicking ice. She fluttered up from her attempts to spear Avir to see Fyte chilling the ropes. Shrieking, she dove for them instead, throwing her beak forward and churning her wings. Hopefully, she could at least frighten the Albie into stopping.

[6, 18]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 11/28/2008 6:52 PM

And Fyte sure was startled. She instinctively dropped the rope and cringed back. The rope dropped to the floor harmlessly, the ice quickly dripping off it, thawing it back to it's normal state.
Fyte cursed.
"Sai. Get out of the way." She growled at the Biolune, who wasn't helping at all.
Sai bit his lip nervously. Conflict wasn't his thing. Funny that.
"What do you want me to do?"
"Get out of my darn way!"
Fyte crouched down low, analytical eyes assessing the situation. They (being the Khimera and the Corbine) weren't too interested in attacking them at the moment, only keeping them out of the way, possibly so they weren't outnumbered.
Outnumbered, yeah right. It is only really me and Avir fighting. Sai would probably only take it as an opportunity to end his sad life. Fyte thought maliciously.
She kept down low, away from the rope. Sai had some purpose, it seemed. The idiot hadn't got down low, so as he stood, it kept the rope and it's stickiness away from her.

Avir struck out, keening in pain as the Khimera's claws made contact with his breast. He lashed out viciously with sharp talons, hoping to make contact with the biotic feline.
He then backwinged away sharply so he did not come into any more harm.
Avir did not like the room. It was far too small and cramped, hardly enough space for large creatures such as himself.
He glanced around the room, looking for an advantage.
The shattered window caught his attention, but how would he be able to take the fight outside?

Avir powerfully lept towards the window, landing in front of it and turning to face his foes.
He screeched once, daring the Khimera and Corbine to make their moves.

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 11/28/2008 8:56 PM

Locke roared. The talons of the Garudor scraped over his shoulder and pulled at the metal plating. He felt the shield be wrenched away from his flesh. He screamed and recoiled, and he shifted his weight off that foot.

The prisoners! Marisol sent him.

"NO!"

Injury or none, Locke lunged at Sai. Fyte seemed to be one of the only two--well, fighting. He would be the easiest to take down. He lunged at him, attempting to pin the Albie down. Marisol flew in for Avir, where he stood in front of the window. The tinier bird flapped her wings strongly, and jabbed her beak at the sensitive, exposed bits of his body, aiming for his neck and heart.

[7, 19]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 12/02/2008 4:54 AM

Fyte saw Locke coming, but did nothing to stop it. She was only here to save Avir and her own hide.
She pressed her body to the floor, reaching out one paw again to touch the rope.

Sai struggled, the ropes' sticky embrace pulling, weighing him down. His head snapped around as he heard Locke cry, then fell as the Khimera fell on top of him. Sai growled weakly, trying to get the Khimera away, but it seemed everything was against him. Fyte would probably leave him for dead. He would have done the same in her situation.
And he was thoroughly bound. The ropes clung to him and with Locke's weight, they were starting to cut into him.

Avir screamed as the beak of the smaller one repeatedly jabbed into his flesh. In retaliation, he lunged his beak and neck forward, hoping his hard helmet would keep him safe from the annoying pecking. Opened his maw and lunged, hoping to make contact with the Corbine.

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 12/02/2008 5:55 PM

The Corbine shrieked as Avir's beak came down around her wing. She tried to pull herself away, but the creature's heavy beak dragged at her, shredding away at some of her delicate metal parts. Her wing was incapacitated; she listed sideways, and spiraled down to the ground. "Locke, luv..." she panted.

"Just a minute, pet," Locke panted. Heaving his weight, he pulled the remains of the net around Sai, trying to entrap the Albie. Was it working? Locke thought so, but he couldn't be sure. The Albie did look very weak, certainly. I'm worried we may have to cut our losses, he sent to Marisol. We should probably leave...

No, the injured Marisol said. We can't... I won't... Lurching along the ground, she tried to jab at Fyte.

[8, 20]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 12/05/2008 4:01 AM

As Marisol lurched away, a single thought flashed through Avir's mind. The Bleeder.
He had fled. Did he have any part of this. One way to find out.
He powerfully lept out of the window, shattering what was left of it.
Dobarchu wasn't that far away, in fact he has sitting on the roof of the house, counting down the minutes in his mind, for the exact moment Sai would pass on, leaving himself to fade back into a quiet peace. He touched the crack in his forehead, then spat in distaste.
His peace was disrupted when the big Chaos Garudor burst through the window, screeching loudly.

The Chaos Garudor circled once, before noticing Dobarchu. He powerfully flew through the air, before landing on the roof, not really taking notice of his landing.

Fyte somehow pulled herself free of the net, and found herself facing the Corbine. She wavered, uncertain of what to do.
As Marisol jabbed at her, she lept away, furiously thinking. It was herself and some inadequate idiot, facing two seeming well trained assassins or something similar.
And she wasn't in too fine shape as well.
She growled, uncertain, waiting for her foes to make their move.

Sai couldn't move. Rope was ensnared around him tightly, the Khimera was on top of him and he was just too weak and tired.
Why bother? What is the point. I live, I feel guilt, I get awkward questions... on the other hand. I die... I get peace.
"What do you plan to do Khimera?" Sai asked quietly. "Do you kill me?"

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 12/05/2008 4:52 PM

"No," Locke said. "As a matter of fact, I don't. Although I'm sure that was the intention of the one who hired me, I have different plans. If you hope to die, I'm afraid that you will be sorely mistaken."

He clamped his jaws around part of the net, and wrenched himself to his feet. He began to drag the impromptu sack along the ground, struggling toward the exit of the house. He send out the message to his cronies--more than just Marisol, his associates from BlackMere--to come for what was, at least, half the prize.

Marisol cawed at Fyte, and with tired jabs, she threw herself at the Albie. No inhibition, no resistance--full-scale, full-throttle melee. In her weekened state, she decided, it was the best way for her to injure the other.

Locke stumbled, but pulled himself up. Almost there... are you coming, all?

[9, 21]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 12/12/2008 3:19 AM

Dread gripped Sai. Something other than death... it filled him with terror.
He couldn't do much, except hinder the Khimera's progress, mainly by struggling. And he did just that. Weakly, he beat at the net with his paws and horns. Whether it worked, or just got him more caught up, he wasn't sure.

Fyte cried out and dived forward, head down, rams horns bared. They met, Fyte was certain she hit Marisol, but she could feel the Corbine's frenzied attempts and felt a jabbing pain explode in several spots on her legs, chest and once, her ear.
She growled and darted forward again, her horns cutting upwards in a sort of uppercut.
Fyte knew the Corbine was weakening. It was only up to her endurance, to survive until the Corbine decided to join the Khimera.

Dobarchu raised his claws in the air, a small show of submission.
"I ain't touched a hair on nobodies head. And no, I dun know anythin' bout those robotic beings. I jus' savin me own hide, see?"
Avir snorted, he didn't believe him, but nevertheless, he flew down to perch on the windowsill. Quickly assessing the situation.

(OOC: Hey Freezie, I be just asking this, before either of us posts our next move, and what I ask is this. There is initiative here for another roleplay at a later date, depending on Locke's plans for Sai back at BlackMere. Because, if you want to, and only if you want to... we could rp at a later date... perhaps a rescue for Sai? I don't know... I can rp it either way, so Sai is taken away, or he gets free or something? It's up to you. Also, I promise I'll reply a lot faster. Schools over for me, and that means holidays :3 )

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff