A wide open area of flat, grassy land and rocky trenches, supposedly a wide range of ancient civilizations once lived here. Species that like wide, open areas, such as Gyrophants, Serraptors, and Sahound, thrive here, though only the agile survive. (+3 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Vast Plains

Postby Freezair » 12/12/2008 3:09 PM

((Hmmm. INteresting question. Well, I would say--depends on where you want to go with Sai and Fyte's relationship after this. If you want them to reconcile more and/or want Fyte's feelings to show through in a subtle way, rescuing him from BlackMere--whose name is subject to change, I should note :P--might be a good way to achieve that. And it would be pretty fun, I think. XD But if you're up to it, I'm up to it too.))

Locke snarled. Even though the net was tight around him, the Albie continued to struggle. He felt the paws beating against him. He hoped the others got here soon.

He got the net outside the door, and sat with the net clenched in his teeth. He held his tails up; a bright LED light flashed in each one, added more recently to his body. Even in the daytime, it signaled brightly. From the distance, several tiny blue pinpricks answered. "Soon..." he said around the net.

Inside, Marisol knew she was falling apart. Her head turned out the window for a second, and saw the answering dots of light. Pulling her wings close, she lurched toward the door, cawing cruelly. "Goodbye, luv!" she cackled, and she hopped away. She joined Locke by his side, and shrieked at the Albie in the sack for good measure.

[10, 22]

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby Redd » 12/12/2008 7:59 PM

( :3 I do want to accomplish that, in a way... But yeah, I am up to it, and I think it would be interesting.)

In struggling, it achieved nothing. The rope was tightly ensnared around his paws now, twisting them in an odd and uncomfortable angle. Sai's breathing was also labored and came out in ragged gasps. Resistance was futile, or so someone had said once.
In the distance, he could see blue stars of light. His imagination, or were those Locke's friends?

Fyte staggered away and fell to the floor, breathing heavily, in no good shape, but in better shape than Marisol. Avir screeched and lept down beside her, his wings flared up protectively.
At the moment, their survival instincts had kicked in; Self-preservation and protection of those who were closest to you. Neither of them took notice of the tangled 'sack' of ropes and it's cargo. Together, they were only concerned with getting out.
Avir carefully seized Fyte in his talons and powerfully dived out the window. Together, they hid around the side of the house, catching their breath.

Stare in the darkness
Are you scared? Are you free?
I can be fair or a monster
Tell me now, which one do you need?

I can feel teeth tear into me
Rip me to pieces, rock me to sleep
I can feel eyes staring at me
Getting uneasy, ready to feed
I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 892
Donate

Postby Freezair » 12/12/2008 8:23 PM

From the surrounding hills, they descended.

Locke panted victoriously as he watched them come--chimeras of a more traditional sense, and Khimeras like him, either old model or enriched with Subtle Code, streaming like a mighty army. Perhaps, in some sense, they were. They had feet and claws and wings, and they came into the old village, flashing their lights.

They stopped before Locke, and nodded their heads somewhat respectfully. One Khimera stepped forward and greeted him directly.

"You called, Mr. Masters?" she said.

He passed the parcel to her. "Take him back to the lab," he said. "You know the place."

"The new one?"

"Of course the new one," he said. "None other. And, please..."

He looked to Marisol.

"Take my dear pet back with you. She's practically falling apart!"

"Aye, ye en't luukin' well yurself, m'dear," she said. "A 'elicopper fer us both, then, if 't pleases ye."

"That will do, then," Locke said. "And a phone for me." His back arched in a way that suggested he was trying to resume human form, but his injured leg and shoulder would not let him hold it. "I need to place a call. Tell them I got half of what he wanted."

He raised his head and looked back toward the house.

"...And I suspect the other half isn't far behind."

((OOC: Ooooh, seems like a good stopping point here. Want to do your own cap post and/or iron out details?))

[11, 23]

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby Redd » 12/13/2008 1:13 AM

Sai winced as the bag was tossed to the other Khimera.
Well lookie here. You got this, you know.
Still, in times like this, that little voice popped up. He flicked his ears back, submissively.
Lab? What was this?

Fyte and Avir watched from their 'safe' hiding spot, unable to hear anything, but able to see.
"And there he goes again. Thank gods I won't have to put up with that any more." Fyte muttered.
Avir turned around and fixed her with an offended glare.
"What?" Fyte hissed in retaliation. Then it dawned upon her. "Oh no... you don't expect me to... fine. I'll do it."
Avir clicked his beak, reassuringly watching the direction of which the Albie was taken off to.

(Yeah, I just had to~ It's done, I think :3)

Stare in the darkness
Are you scared? Are you free?
I can be fair or a monster
Tell me now, which one do you need?

I can feel teeth tear into me
Rip me to pieces, rock me to sleep
I can feel eyes staring at me
Getting uneasy, ready to feed
I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff