A wide open area of flat, grassy land and rocky trenches, supposedly a wide range of ancient civilizations once lived here. Species that like wide, open areas, such as Gyrophants, Serraptors, and Sahound, thrive here, though only the agile survive. (+3 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Vast Plains

~The Lost World~(Self Rp)

Postby Juniperstar45 » 11/12/2008 12:31 AM

Dreamsong

He lay there, motionless, and frozen in time. His mind racing, he blinked his puffy silk eyes. Squinting from the bright sun, Dreamsong slowly pulled himself up from the ground. Brushing off his long, paper thin wings, he tried to locate where he was. Fingering through the supple grass with his small hand, he thought, This can't be any where I know! A tall tree swayed in the breeze. He looked up and saw puffy white clouds dotting the sapphire sky. Dreamsong held his sea green star securely with his tail. Where am I? the question repeatedly ran through his head. He stood up and flapped his wings a few times, stretching them far and wide. Dreamsong got a running start and leapt over a small shrub. His wings took him to 5 mph... He sighed and tried to fly faster. Straining every muscle in his body he took it up to 10, then 15! He was soaring above the trees now. Swooping in a circular motion, he saw several pets climbing over rocks, perhaps trying to get to the forest? He thought.

Feeling a slight numbness, Dreamsong swayed in the gust coming from the West. He got to the forest at sundown, the perfect place to watch an explosion of vibrant scarlet and ginger. He feasted on ripe berries and leaves before making a warm place to sleep. He fashioned a small den made of bulky leaves and crisp grass. Curling up for the night he yawned and thought, I could live here forever...
I watch you...fast asleep,

~*~*~

~*~*~Image~*~*~
~*~*~

All I fear...means nothing...

Avi made by Krypto~Lyrics by Utada Hikaru
Juniperstar45
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 880
Donate

Postby Juniperstar45 » 11/27/2008 4:03 PM

A rustling from a bush woke Dreamsong from his slumber. He cocked his head drosily to the side and asked, "Who's there?"The rustling immeditaly stopped. His eyes blinking away the sleep, and soon clambered into the clearing. He shook a leaf off his shoulder and fluffed out his wings. He again called, "Who's there?" No one anwsered. Eyes shifting from side to side her heard a twig snap. Jerking his head he saw bright blue eyes staring out at him from the safty of a bush. They sparkled slightly and Dreamsong shuddered. "Please come out, I mean no harm," He stepped forward and a deep growling came from the bush. The crystal blue eyes narrowed. Dreamsong quickly returned to the center of the clearing. The blue eyes blinked. He saw a small tail tip twitching out-side of the bush. His eyes darted once more and then he gathered himself. He felt like he was being watched, not just by the mystrious blue eyes...He felt somthing pund him hard on the back. He fought to breathe, and he squirmed voilently, clutching his star firmly in his tail. His soft, silk ears twitched as he lay on the ground. He heard the murrmuring of the preditors, "Now what do we do?" The first voice said it was soft and delicate. "Mom said we have to knock-out our prey then take what's rightfully ours!" The second said. Dreamsong's eyes flashed with fear, he knew exactly who they where!

~*~*~

~*~*~Image~*~*~
~*~*~

Juniperstar45
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Juniperstar45 » 11/27/2008 4:23 PM

Dreamsong thought quickly, "Do I have a say in this?" The two preditors hissed and scratched at his long tail. He quivered in pain. "Quiet you! We know what were going to do with you..." A fatal thump slammed Dreamsong's head to the ground. He felt his body go limp and his eyes shut...

"I still don't understand why we didn't just eat 'em..." He heard. His head pounded and he felt like he was dead. "Patience Silenece, you must trust me and my plan to work." The bulky voice spoke. The smaller voice grunted in reply. Dreamsong felt his tail come to life, he twitched it but it felt much lighter then normal. "Hey Explosive, I think it's awake!" The small voice growled. His stomach lurched, God, I'm so stupid! He thought. He felt his body being turned over like a hamburger on a grill. A jab in his side made him flinch, "You awake?" Dreamsong opened his eyes slightly, but it was really dark. His eyes flew open. Although he could see a faint light, he couldn't see anything. He shook his head from side to side, using his nose to smell. He heard a giggling and the small voice spoke, "You are experiancing our trademark move. It's called instant blindness." It chuckled and the bulky voice spoke, "Yup, your sight will return in a few minuets..." Dreamsong gasped, "Who are you?" He said, rubbing his eyes with every word.

~*~*~

~*~*~Image~*~*~
~*~*~

Juniperstar45
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Juniperstar45 » 11/28/2008 1:47 PM

The bulky voice spoke, "You'll find out soon enough!" He felt a pound on his head again. He groaned feeling his body for the second time go limp and his shadowy eyes shut...

Shivering, Dreamsong awoke in a fantasy world. His sight had returned and a small figure walked slowly down the snowy path of trees. He glanced around noticing the flakes of off-white drifting from the pale blue sky. Dreamsong streached his wings and stood up. The small figure, all though walking at a steady pace, was still in the exact same spot. He norrowed his eyes so that he could get a better glimpse of the creature. Musicwave? What was she doing here? Suddenly the creature fell to the ground. Dreamsong panicked, and ran at full speed towards her. He kept running, faster and faster, but she still lay, many miles away. He spred his wings and soared towards her. He stopped and huffed and puffed. Looking at the ground he saw a small shadow begin to spread over him. He gasped and looked up, only to be crushed by a falling rock.

He jolted awake, looking around for the two predidtors. The sun was shinning out and he began to relax. To make him feel more comfertable, he pulled his tail out from under him. Dreamsong cluched the base and began to pull, only to fall back. He stared disbaliveingly at his tail, his bloody, masacured tail. What happend? Where was the rest of his tail? WHERE WAS HIS STAR? He began to go in a fetal possition. "Hello?" He called, rocking back and forth.

~*~*~

~*~*~Image~*~*~
~*~*~

Juniperstar45
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Juniperstar45 » 11/28/2008 2:15 PM

"Yup, he's awake," Hollered the bulky voice, the bushes bagan to rustle furiously. Dreamsong stopped whimpering and stood up, he was furious. The small voice hissed, "Can we eat him yet?" It said semi-quietly. Dreamsong growled angrily, "Show yourselves!" Two small kits stepped out of the bush.

ImageImage

"Greetings, I'm Silence and this is Explosive." The darker kit murrmured. Dreamsong's mind boggled, "So wait, you two are just kits?" He almost burst out laughing but they'd probably kill him if he did. Explosive nodded and said, "Ya, where pretty tough for our size...aren't we?" He boasted. Meanwhile Dreamsong was staring into the blank eyes of Silence. "Your probably wondering what's wrong with my eyes," He began, "Well, they got infected, and I've never seen clearly again." Dreamsong's mouth was hanging open, "And your ok with this?" Silence shrugged, "Ya, why?" Dreamsong shook his head, but thought quickly and said, "Nothing..."

~*~*~

~*~*~Image~*~*~
~*~*~

Juniperstar45
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Juniperstar45 » 11/29/2008 1:37 AM

Silence shook his short fur, "So what do we do with him now?" He asked Explosive. "We take him to camp, show him the stuff, if he passes...he lives." "And if he dosn't?" Explosive smirked and Silence knew exactly what he was doing. "Ohh, gotcha!" Dreamsong focused in on his antenna, twitching slightly. He honed in on the nearest animal, sending a silent signal,"Please, please help me! I am trapped in the Vast Plains way over in te forest, please help me! My life depends on you!" Explosive swipped his paw over Dreamsong's face. "What are you doing pip sqeak?" Silence stood tall over him, casting a deadly shadow. Dreamsong gulped and said, "Nothing!" Silence turned and started padding over to another clearing, "C'mon, home awaits!" Explosive nugged Dreamsong to his feet, "You too," then started shoving him further. He ran forward and caught up behind Silence. His eyes flashed, Oh duh! My wings! He steadied himself, getting a firm footing and waiting for Explosive to crash into him. Staring off into space Explosive ran into him. "Watch it!" and pushed him farther. Dreamsong waited not a moment longer and took off, flapping his wings violently. He felt the wind whistle past his ears, soaring way above the two kits. He felt a tug, a jerking, gut renching tug. His wings tore in halves and he began to plumet to the ground. Dreamsong flapped feverishly, knowing his atempt would be fruitless. He hit the ground hard and tumbled down the rock slope of a hill. Feeling his head burn, he yelled in pain. He bumped down the hill, hitting sharp rocks and brusing his feeble body. Dreamsong thought this terror would never end. Finally he came to a thump on the ground, his entire body bloody and bruised. Whimpering he struggled to push himself up. Falling falt on his back he cried silently.

~*~*~

~*~*~Image~*~*~
~*~*~

Juniperstar45
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate