A wide open area of flat, grassy land and rocky trenches, supposedly a wide range of ancient civilizations once lived here. Species that like wide, open areas, such as Gyrophants, Serraptors, and Sahound, thrive here, though only the agile survive. (+3 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Vast Plains

Re: Vast means Empty {open}

Postby Freezair » 01/20/2009 12:01 AM

"My parents and I have some... disagreements," I admitted with a sigh.

"They sent us off to the war," Krii said brusquely. "Didn't want to go, but did they listen to us? Noooo."

Toelespi said something, seemingly afronted. Even if I couldn't understand him, I knew exactly what he was saying.

"Well, of course we're happy to have met you," Sky said. "We couldn't do without you, Toel. Wouldn't have it any other way. But we can dislike being involved in the war and still love you."

Toel purred contentedly.

Avani, bless her, didn't let herself be bothered. "And apparently, while she was away, her parents acquired a Dalma and some Lucain..."

"I hate dogs," I said, crossing my arms. I set my shoulders and peered angrily into the remnants of our fire. "Hate 'em. I thought my parents understood this, but they were apparently so wrapped up in their own little world that they--"

"JIMMY!" Sky, Krii, and Avani all shouted in concurrence.

"...Sorry," I said.

"That's why we're going to Basantha," Sky nodded. "To find out why this happened. The last time we were there, Jimmy started having some kind of vision, and she thinks it was some kind of dog..."

I shuddered. Memories of the war crept up the back of my cerebellum. "Did you see those Baskervilles? I've never seen anything more terrifying in all my life..."

[341, 56, 31]

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby Feint » 01/20/2009 9:01 PM

"Oh, I know all about disagreements with caretakers," Terran said, lip curling slightly. "I don't know how many times I've told her that I'm a mountain creature. Take a look around you. Do you see any mountains? Heck, do you see anything?" he shook his lowered head forcefully and sighed. "I'm sorry, it just. . . frustrates me."

"What's a Baskerville. . . ?" he asked slowly.
Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1254
Donate

Postby Freezair » 02/26/2009 8:18 PM

((This is just a note to say that I'm officially withdrawing.))

I shuddered, and couldn't answer.

Sky stepped in for me. "A big dog. Kind of looks like a giant bloodhound, muscular all over, with a flail for a tail. Big, tough, and creepy. The Imperials used 'em."

"It's getting dark..." Avani observed.

"...It is," I replied, somewhat emptily.

Krii looked up at me worriedly. "...Jimbo?"

I stood up in silence and went over to Toelespi. I took hold of his reigns. "Hey, Avani? You and Krii wanna help me pack up?" I looked at out companions. "It's been cool," I said, "but I gotta run. Things to do and all."

Avani and Sky gave me worried looks, but didn't reply.

[342, 57, 32]

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Re: Vast means Empty [closed]

Postby Feint » 03/19/2009 11:34 PM

Terran nodded. Outwardly, he didn't seem to care. "Take care, then," he replied, and averted his gaze. He sat up into a more hunched posture, as if leaving soon. The large radill kept his eyes averted until the last faint sounds of Jimmy's group had faded completely, then slowly turned back. He watched their silhouette disappear, and heaved his heavy body from the ground. The earth shook at this colossal shift of weight. He hovered over the campsite, feeling desolate and bored. The grass rustled in the light breeze, the only sound for miles. Terran slowly covered the fire with dirt with a forepaw. He switched his tail. It was uncomfortable to have all the time in the world and nothing to do with it. At long last the radill headed back to his tunnel and pulled himself inside it. He quickly traveled the length of it and paused at the end for a quick rest. The desolate emotion had crept up onto him and was filling his every pore. He had no idea seeing company would make him this lonely, especially since he'd been alone for years. The radill clawed at the dirt in front of him and slowly tunneled upwards. As he dug, he smiled, despite his loneliness. It was good to see people--even if not for very long. It made him realize how much he missed Master, even if he knew she was mad at him enough to abandon him in the plains for years. The surface broke and he thrust his head into the sunlight, feeling strange. He felt inspired, almost. The radill opened his maw and bellowed. To whom he was calling, he didn't know. The radill closed his maw and rested his chin on his foremost arm. Already he could see it, his plan, unfolding and unraveling itself into reality like a long ribbon. He would find her again. There were only a few different places she liked to hide, he'd get her eventually. And the vast plains of emptiness would be gone from him forever. The radill raised his head and pulled himself back into the earth.

My wraiths, though not wraiths then, wandered deep into the heart of the polar storm. They tried to fight sleep, naive to the inevitability of their fate. When they awoke, they saw before them my own self, so much a part of the ice and cold they almost fail to see me. I wear a crown of the coldest, sturdiest ice, and my claws and fur have coated themselves in it.
I stand aloof to the cold, for I have lived in it so long, been a part of it so long, it no longer concerns me.

My wraiths are cursed to wander the polar tundra, eternally freezing, following mortal explorers and trying to warn them with their presence that they should not travel onward, should not make the same mistake. But there will always be those who persist in pressing on, never knowing what they are doomed to face, or destined to suffer.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1254
Donate

Previous