A wide open area of flat, grassy land and rocky trenches, supposedly a wide range of ancient civilizations once lived here. Species that like wide, open areas, such as Gyrophants, Serraptors, and Sahound, thrive here, though only the agile survive. (+3 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Vast Plains

Target Practice [P]

Postby MillietheWarrior » 12/19/2008 9:44 PM

Image Image
(Both in Human form. Seema)

"Your aim is off."

Seema grumbled under her breath, her line of sight going straight down the shaft of the arrow. She gave one sideways glance at the woman perched atop the rock before letting it fly. The arrow whizzed straight towards the target and...Missed the bull's-eye by four inches.

"Curses," Seema mumbled, tromping back to the rock where her companion sat. Etain waggled a finger at her.

"I told you your aim was off," she sing-songed with a smile. Seema hauled herself up on the rock, placing her quiver in her lap and holding out her bow.

"You try it then, if your such an expert," she demanded, her eyes darkening.

Etain shook her head. "You and I both know I'm not as good as you. Besides," she fingered a small silver weapon at her hip. "I only battle with this. I don't need anything else." She leaned back on her arms, a small smile on her face.

"Yeah," Seema said off-handedly. "So I suppose Darman doesn't count either..." Etain socked her in the arm.

"Shut it," she growled as Seema started laughing.

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Re: Target Practice [P]

Postby MillietheWarrior » 12/19/2008 9:55 PM

"So," Seema began once her laughter had ceased. "What's with you and Darman anyways? I mean, you two haven't seen each other in ages, right?" She leaned on her knees, arms splayed out in front of her. Her goggles were perched precariously on top of her head, and she seemed every inch the 'cool biker chick,' she seemed to portray. Etain sighed, leaning back on her arms and staring at the sky. It was true.

She and Darman hadn't seen each other in a while. He was called away on a mission, and she was left alone. The wind ruffled her short red hair, and she frowned. “Nothing’s up with us. We’re just...Friends. Close friends.” Seema raised a brow skeptically, but said nothing more. If Etain wanted to keep deluding herself about her relationship with the man, then that was fine with her. She shrugged, and leaned forward, smothering her face in her arms and curling her legs tighter to her buxom chest.

[2, 2/7]

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 12/19/2008 9:56 PM

“And what about you and that dashing Lucain? What was his name...Haseo?”

Seema’s head shot up, and she blushed furiously, her eyebrows drawing down over her eyes. “Er, nothing. We’re just...Friends. You know, like you and Darman. In fact, we’re not even that close. We’re just...Acquaintances.” She nodded emphatically to try and prove her point, but Etain only smirked, offering her a knowing glance.

“Oh, come now. I know you better than that, little one.” Seema grumbled at the name. “You are fond of him. There’s no shame in that. Emotions are what make you strong and keep you going. Don’t run from them, embrace them.”

Seema rolled her eyes. “Don’t start with me with all that Jedi mumbo-jumbo. ‘Sides, I thought you Jedi were supposed to ignore your emotions, not embrace them.”

Etain Frowned, her eyes clouded and thoughtful as she looked out on the horizon. “In a way, we are supposed to ignore our feelings. Emotions can lead to dangerous situations, situations one would not wish to be in. Many Jedi are taught from a young age to control their emotions. I was no exception. I’m just...Different than most. Besides, you know I left the Order a long time ago, Seema. Don’t bring that up now.”

[3, 3/8]

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 12/20/2008 5:48 PM

Seema frowned, and leaned back. "I know that. It's not as though I brought it up to...You know, remind you of it. Your about as mysterious as they come, Etain. I don't know anything about you. You just kind of...Appeared one day and never said a word about your past." She shrugged. "I'm curious, you know?"

Etain glanced at her out of the corner of her eyes. It was only natural for Seema to want to know more about her. Etain was older than almost any of the other pets at her new home. She'd been around a lot longer than they had, and seen more things than they could ever dream of. With a sigh, she nudged Seema. "I know. But my past isn't something I like...To dredge up. It's pretty...Well, it's just not something I like to talk about."

[4, 4/9]

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 12/20/2008 5:49 PM

Seema could understand. Although, it wasn't as though she had some deep dark secret that bothered her. Etain was just shrouded in mystery and intrigue. Seema had been drawn to her form the start. She loved to hear stories from the old days, though Etain never said who they were about. She kept quiet about that, but she did delight in telling stories about fantastic heroes. "No worries, Etain," Seema said helpfully. "You can tell me when you decide to...If you ever decide to."

She scooted off the rock and bounced to her feet. "Now, I'm going to get in some practice. I hear my aim is off..." She grabbed her quiver and bow and flounced over to the archery range. Lining up her arrow, she knocked it and let it fly. Etain watched her silently. Seema was a strange one. She had a ferocious temper, and a nasty mean streak. But she was nice to Etain, if not a bit pushy. The red haired female smiled, her green eyes lighting up as she watched her friend. Today would be an interesting day.

[5, 5/10]

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AmberGlaze » 12/20/2008 8:33 PM

ImageImage

(Haseo and Ashley are both in human form.)

The plains? BORING. All it was was grass and dirt, and there weren't even any cool herbs to find and bring back home. But Ashley's father, Haseo, had insisted that he take her here. Ashley cast a glance with her deep purple eyes towards her father, and scrunched up her eyebrows.She knew there was something her father wasn't telling her, but was tired of all the secrets. Papa, tell me something. Why are we here? She asked, stopping suddenly.

Haseo had been thinking of Seema when his daughter's question interrupted him. Haseo had planned to keep Seema's existence a secret until when Ashley could finally meet her. Sure, she was a little rough around the edges, but Seema was beautiful inside and outside. Ashley, I told you. We're looking for some herbs Cressida recommended. Why must you always ask questions?
Ashley glared at her father, annoyed that he would still not tell her the truth. Because I'm Ashley, that's why. She replied, marching ahead of her father. Sometimes he could act like such a child, keeping things from her constantly. Ashley loved Haseo dearly, but sometimes...Ashley tossed her neck length black hair, admiring how her dark green highlights shook in the sunlight.

Haseo watched his daughter march along, and scratched his head, filled with long, dirty blonde hair. Gosh, Ashley was a pain sometimes. But still, Seema would be able to straighten her out. Suddenly a flurry of arrows caught his attention. Seema! Grabbing Ashley's tan arm, he pulled her over to the two girls. Seema! He said once again, his knees shaking in his dark skinny jeans.

Ashley stared at her father then to the woman he called Seema, eyes wide. Who are you?! She demanded. And how do you know my father?
ImageImageImageImage
With us, there is no such thing as individulaity...

ImageImage
AmberGlaze
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items

Postby MillietheWarrior » 12/20/2008 9:32 PM

Seema blinked in surprise and nearly dropped her bow and arrows. Etain looked up from where she sat, her eyes confused and curious. Who was that? And how on earth did he know Seema? A knowing smile spread across her wise, yet young features, and she chuckled while Seema, flustered, tried to gather herself together. "Haseo!" she called, a small smile on her face. Etain was surprised to see that smile, but at the name Seema shouted, Etain's green eyes began to sparkle. So this was the Haseo who Seema never quite stopped talking about, yet denied she liked. Seema put down her weapons and tried to smooth out her jacket when she was suddenly, and very surprisingly screamed at from the mind of a young woman. She placed a fingertip to her temple.

"Ouch," she muttered, and then her eyes narrowed. "You really shouldn't scream at people, kid. I wasn't expecting that." She honestly didn't feel like being rude; after all, this girl had come with Haseo, and...They did look a little like. Maybe they were related? "My name is Seema Iona," she said, as if it was obvious. "And your father and I met before, at a park." She then looked over the girl's head, a small smile on her lips. "Hey, Haseo. How've you been?" she asked kindly, her eyes sparkling the way they did for no one else. "And...Who have you brought with you?" she asked, offering a slightly sour glance to the girl.

Etain jumped off the rock, and headed over. Leave it to Seema to forget she was here. Sometimes Seema got too caught up in the moment. Ah well. She'd need to introduce herself then. She cleared her throat behind her friend, stepping up beside Seema with a calm and graceful air of one who seems to know more than they say. "Ahem. And I am Commander Etain Tur-Mukan. Just 'Etain' though, please. A pleasure to meet you, Haseo. Although I am certain we will all be properly introduced in a few moments." She turned her wise eyes onto the young woman, a half smile adorning her features. "Nice to meet you too, little one."

[6, 6/11]

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AmberGlaze » 12/20/2008 10:01 PM

Ashley glared at Seema, and tapped her foot, fully annoyed. I'll yet at whoever I want to! She telepathized, yelling louder than the last time. Ashley crossed her tan arms and leaned all of her weight on her left foot. Staring down at her short, cuffed jean shorts, and flicked her gaze back at Seema. The park?! Ha, my dad hates the park! He's afraid of the animals there.

Haseo cast a weary glance back at Ashley, willing her to be quiet. Ashley, hush. Your embarassing me. He telepathized so only his daughter could hear. He was trying hard to make a good impression for Seema, and Ashley wasn't helping one bit. Hey Seema. This is my beautiful daughter, Ashley. He said, pulling her close and hugging her tightly. She's a little snarky, as you might see. But she's lovely.

Ashley just stared back at Seema, and then averted her attention to Seema's friend. She seemed nicer, but Ashley still wasn't quite so sure. I'm not little! She telepathized. Haseo just smiled.
ImageImageImageImage

ImageImage
AmberGlaze
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items

Postby MillietheWarrior » 12/21/2008 5:45 AM

Seema winced slightly, and gritted her teeth. This brat was a royal pain, at least, she seemed to be. Her gaze smoldered as she half-glared, half stare down at Ashley with an annoyed look. “It’s rude, though, kotyaer (hostile one). And you shouldn't do that,” she lectured, trying to be as kind as possible. Though the girl irked her, any friend of Haseo would be a friend of Seema’s. She frowned when Haseo pulled her close, and announced that she was his daughter. “Mani? (What?)” she exclaimed in surprise.

“Truly? Well, that’s a surprise. I can honestly say I didn’t expect that, but...It’s nice to meet you, Ashley.” She seemed genuinely surprised but also genuinely happy to meet her, despite their rude introduction. She was still a little peeved at the snarkiness, but she’d let it slide. She wanted to ask Haseo questions about Ashley; who was her mother, when did he have her, why did he bring her along? But she kept them bottled up inside. She couldn't deny the hint of jealousy she felt at knowing Haseo had a daughter with another Lucain. But she kept it to herself.“Er, Haseo, if I may ask...Mankoi naa lle sinome? (Why are you here?) Why did you come here, of all places? Did we arrange a meeting? Oh no, I bet I forgot!” she slapped her forehead and looked up at the sky. “Did I forget?”

Etain held her laughter in behind her hand, her green eyes twinkling with mirth. She let her gaze flicker to Ashley. “Oh, I know you aren’t, Ashley, dear. But compared to me, you are still a child, as is Seema. Don’t take offense, dear one. I call her that too and she doens't mind...much,” she said, patting Seema on the shoulder. “And don’t mind her weird language. She slips into it now and again. So,” she tilted her head. “Now that we all know one another, what say you share the food that Seema and I brought? It’s over there, in the picnic basket.”

They wouldn’t come all the way out to the archery range and not bring food. It was a long walk. The basket sat atop a small table near the large rock they’d occupied only a while ago. The archery rage was equipped with small patio areas where the archers could rest and relax and eat if they needed to. It’s what made the place so quaint.

[7, 7/12]

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AmberGlaze » 12/21/2008 11:14 AM

Ashley smoothed her black, tight fitting T-Shirt as Seema replied. Not understanding her weird language, she sniffed. Sorry, I only speak English. She said, not liking Seema one bit. At once she averted her attention back to the woman as she acted suprise with her. Yes, I'm his daughter. Don't act so suprised, my dad's a stud. She said, chuckling.

Haseo smiled at his daughter and squeezed her shoulder. Always the kidder, Ashley. Sighing at Seema, he rubbed the back of his neck. He could tell this reunion wouldn't be so happy. Well, yes. She is my daughter. Her mother is a beautiful woman named Namid, and Ashley was born two months ago. I thought you'd want to meet her. And I came because I...wanted to see you again. He telepathized.

Ashley widened her eyes in shock, turned around to her father and stamped her foot. What do mean wanted to see her again? What, are you two in love or something?! Haseo grasped for an explanation.
ImageImageImageImage

ImageImage
AmberGlaze
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items

Postby MillietheWarrior » 12/29/2008 9:25 PM

Seema blinked slowly. Ashley was a little spitfire. Seema, however, was determined not to get on her bad side, if she hadn't already. She'd even hold her own temper in check to make sure this little girl actually...Liked her? Well, like might be too strong a word. it might take heaven and high water to get Ashley to change her mind about anyone, especially Seema. The dark haired woman just shook her head, adjusting her jacket half-heartedly. She wasn't going to get anywhere with Ashley, and besides, Etain had better luck with kids anyway. Seema's cheeks reddened when Haseo said he'd wanted to see her again, and then Ashley confronted him about being in love. She stuttered for a moment, trying to find the right words, when Etain came to her rescue.

The red-haired woman placed her hand gently on Ashley's shoulder. "Does it matter, little one? It isn't our affair to trifle in. They are adults, and as such, they can make their own choices. We don't have a say as to what they do with their own time." She shrugged. "It's a fact of life you must get used to. Trust me," she said with a conspiratorial wink. Seema sighed, and then motioned towards the food. "Shall we?" she asked, sounding exasperated. She smiled fondly at Haseo, one brow raised in askance.

[8, 8/13]

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AmberGlaze » 01/02/2009 11:56 PM

Ashly violently ripped her shoulder from the woman's grasp. Oh please! I don't know who you are, but I don't like any one of you one bit! She said, stamping her foot. After thinking for a while, a devilish smile crossed her lips. Creating some fake tears, she turned to her dad and pressed her face into his chest. Daddy...I'm scared. I wanna go home!

Haseo gasped and rushed to comfort his daughter, being afraid of what might happen. Pushing her away gently, he lifted her chin with his finger. It's okay, princess. Just wait a little, okay? He telepathized. Turning to Seema, he blushed and passed her, secretly letting his fingers brush by hers. Sitting down, he patted a seat next to him for Seema.

Ashley wiped away her tears, angry her ploy hadn't worked. As her father patted the seat next to him, Ashley slid in in front of Seema, then turned to glare at her father's love.
ImageImageImageImage

ImageImage
AmberGlaze
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items

Postby MillietheWarrior » 02/09/2009 9:06 PM

Etain only smiled benevolently; she was used to dealing with children like this. Darman was a part of a Mandalorian Clan, which meant there were always lots of children running about and being cared for, whether they belonged to you or not. So Etain had plenty of practice. Etain was not fooled by Ashley's fake tears, and gave her a hard, penetrating stare. Her green eyes seemed to pierce through her for a moment, before they softened and she turned in a sweep of red hair and green clothing. She seemed to glide serenely towards the table; seemingly a picture perfect Clan mother. She was the only female in the Clan, at the moment, but she had a feeling there would be others soon. She laid out four plates on the table, and then filled them with potato salad, chicken and baked beans. She sat down quietly at her plate, her eyes focused calmly on Ashley, as though willing her to sit down and behave.

Seema sighed in the back of her mind. How Etain could contain her annoyance with the girl and remain as cool and collected as she'd been a moment before they arrived, Seema might never know. She supposed being a mother to everyone in the Clan mellowed and changed the once young and unsure woman. Seema wasn't privy to those experiences, nor was she apart of the Clan, though Etain assured her that, if she wanted to be, she could. But Seema had enough on her plate with her brother Scorch being a bit too enthusiastic about exploding things, and keeping him in line. Etain seemed to have mastered even that; Scorch was apart of the Skirata Clan as well, though he had joined for other reasons, mostly because his training sergeant, Walon Vau, had become an unofficial member too. Seema sat down at her plate, not the one Haseo had wanted her to sit at, but the one across from him. Her frustration was turning into anger, which it often did. She didn't like Ashley, or her dirty little looks, but she would tolerate them.

Seema would never go behind Haseo's back and try to make Ashley's life miserable; far from it. She'd simply sit back and let the little girl take it out on her. But Seema would eventually have enough, and she knew when that happened, she'd explode and  tell Ashley what she really thought. She hoped that day wasn't too soon. She gritted her teeth, ignoring Ashley's glare, and turned to stare quietly, but affectionately at Haseo. She smiled, and tried to strike up some kind of conversation. "It seems like it's been ages since we met at the park. That was an...Interesting day, to say the least." She thought of all the others who were there, and how very annoying they were. "So, Haseo. We didn't get to talk much. Why don't you tell me more about your family," she chimed, ignoring Ashley's stare, which she knew would be directed right at her.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AmberGlaze » 02/10/2009 4:33 PM

Ashley noticed Seema was soon at her breaking point, and was trying to break her. That would show Haseo how wrong she was for him, then they'd skip off happily. Okay, maybe there would be some tears and heartbreak, but whatever. Haseo would fall back in love with her mother and things would go back to normal. At least, that's what she hoped would happen.

Haseo also noticed Seema's frustration, and gave her a sympathetic smile.

She's just upset. I wasn't exactly honest with her about...us. But she'll get over it. He telepathized to her.

At her attempt to strike up conversation, he readied himself, only telepathizing so Ashley couldn't hear. That way, there would be no rude interruptions, and Ashley could stop making everyone so miserable. Including herself.

Yes, it seems like a long time. It felt weird not seeing you. Although our confrontation was brief, it was...powerful.

He blushed at the last few words, and Ashley stuck her tongue out at him. She knew they were having secret conversations, and didn't like the fact that she was being excluded from it all.

My family? Well, you met Ashley. Hehe, quite the girl, eh? She's not usually like this, actually. She's actually quite calm and sweet. It's just...she loves her mother and siblings dearly, and feels any other woman is tearing the family apart. But she doesn't realize that although I do love her mother dearly, I doubt there would actually be any commitment between the two of us. It's quite complicated, really. But a pain as she is sometimes...she's all I really have back home. Well, I have Shay as well but Ashley is my only really close family. I never got along well with my parents, and haven't heard from my siblings in ages. What about your's?
ImageImageImageImage

ImageImage
AmberGlaze
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items

Postby MillietheWarrior » 02/15/2009 9:10 PM

Seema nodded slowly at Haseo, keeping her mouth shut tight. Her bright red eyes seemed fixed on his, as though if she dared to let them stray, she'd just snap.  At his next words, Seema smiled affectionately, leaning lightly across the table and placing her hand on his. "Yes, quite," she said, not taking her eyes off him, but it was very apparent what she was talking about. "I know what you mean. My mother and father have similar predicaments. Set up with other Lucain, but in love with each other. They've always said they'll never stray, and they're right. They're true to one another but that doesn't mean they don't care for each mate to some degree or level. They just love each other more." She shrugged. "It's complicated. Etain has a similar problem, but she'll face it when the time comes." Etain frowned, aware of what her friend was talking about, and looked away.  "Well, my brother, Scorch, lives with us. And so does my mother. I haven't seen Erebos or Marahute since were pups and they're my brother and sister. But I have my grandparents at home, and a bunch of aunts and uncles. I have a really, really big family. I can't even name most of them. Some live in other places, but a lot live with me at the menagerie. We all share my grandfather's last name, even if we don't really use it, per say;. 'Meshkenet.'" She smiled lightly.

Etain leaned back, blocking out the conversation with practiced ease as she withdrew her mind into itself and concentrated on Darman. She could feel him, out there, somewhere, close by, but untouchable. His presence, and the knowledge that he was there, within reach, yet not by her side, was comforting. She loved him, with all her heart. He was her world, her everything. She did have that same dilemma that Seema was speaking about. She was scheduled to one day meet someone named Kane Peppermint in the breeding rooms. She didn't want to, but she was assured by Millie, who had been making fewer and fewer appearances at the pen, that it was all right. She wasn't betraying Darman at all. She sighed softly, and pictured his face; exactly the same as his brothers due to their clone heritage. But she could always tell him apart. He was hers.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Next