A wide open area of flat, grassy land and rocky trenches, supposedly a wide range of ancient civilizations once lived here. Species that like wide, open areas, such as Gyrophants, Serraptors, and Sahound, thrive here, though only the agile survive. (+3 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Vast Plains

Flying High (Open at any time to anyone)

Postby LionKit » 12/20/2008 2:46 AM

Image<center>

"This. Place. Is. BORING!!!" Flowing Light howled to a golden kitten.

The kitten just ignored her and leaped over to a rock.

Flowing Light tore the ground up with her claws. She was in a trech and her human was on a rock. Boy-did she feel comfortable! With another growl she laid down, her head resting on her paws. "I can't belive I let you drag me into another one of your dumb little 'family outings'-they're more like a charaed! I mean really-this broing old plains-the only thing worth seeing that's not flat is a bunch of dirty old trenches andboring old rocks. This is going to be the first and last 'outing' you give me!"

"Hey! I'm doing this for your own good-you little ungrateful little jerk!"

Flowing Light glared up at the kitten-who was now a golden haired girl. "I wouldn't be complaining if you pick some excititing spots!" She growled back before kicking a pebble.

Lionkit rolled her eyes as she got up on her two feet to get a lay-out of the land.

Flowing Light: (1/5)

Lionkit: (1/10)
LionKit
You ARE persistent, aren't you?
Pets | Items
Keystones: 366
Donate

Re: Flying High (Open at any time to anyone)

Postby Maelstrom » 12/20/2008 6:50 PM

From behind the rock, an irritable voice says,"Do you mind! I am trying to sleep. Youngsters these days, disrespectful the lot of them."

A chaos Draculi jumped clumsily onto the rock that the human had just vacated. The Draculi's little wings flutter as it turned around on the rock a few times before sitting down.

"In my day, we were spanked if we weren't quiet. No one these days believes in corporeal punishment. Humph! A good spanking never did any harm...Now, who are you and why have you interrupted my nap? And where did that brat go?"

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

Maelstrom
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 602
Donate
Location: The Ladies' Anarchist Sewing Circle and Terrorist Association

Postby LionKit » 12/24/2008 5:33 PM

Flowing Light leaped to her feet as the Draculii got on the rock.

Lionkit luaghed-she knew who the "brat" was. "My name is Lionkit, and the brat is Flowing Light-the Sky Slynx? Sorry about your nap, Mr..." Lionkit said-leaving the name to the Chaos Draculii.

Flowing Light growled-she also knew who this Draculii was talking about too-but that didn't mean that Lionkit had rub it in! Idiots-the lot of them! She thought. She thought about the way the Draculii talked. "His name is Mr. Grampa!"

(ooc: I'm not being mean-my pet is just being mean-so please don't be hurt!)

Lionkit: (2/10)

Flowing Light: (2/5)
LionKit
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Maelstrom » 12/24/2008 10:16 PM

(Oh no, I'm far from hurt. I love to rp him with the bratty ones - he gets all riled up and I have a great time trying to come up with inventive insults. It's especially fun to see how long you can go without repeating yourself.)

The draculi sniffed. "Lionkit? Flowing Light? What kind of a names are those that? Your parents weren't those hippie people, were they? Awful brats, those. If their parents had just punished them properly as children.."

"Oh yes, my nap. Noise all day long back home. Can't get a moment's rest, so I had to come all the way out here, and still no peace!"

After Flowing Light's 'Mr. Grampa' comment, the Draculi's indignation choked him for about half a minute. Then he exploded spectacularly.
"Grandfather? Just wait till you're my age, missy! Then we'll see how you like impudent youngsters poking fun at you in your well earned retirement. We showed the proper respect when I was a child!"

Then he rounded on Lionkit, "And you! Why must everyone assume that I am a 'he'! Do I look like a man to you? No, I am not a woman either, before you ask! I am an 'it'! Why does English lack decent gender neutral pronouns? It's stolen everything else from other languages! Perhaps I should go learn Chinese or something!"

Finally winding down, the Draculi remembered the initial question. "Oh. Sorry, my memory isn't what it used to be. My name is Uluru Kata-Tjuta."

For an old 'it' Uluru had very impressive lungs...

Maelstrom
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby LionKit » 12/31/2008 6:33 AM

"Oh-er-you're an 'it'? Well-that's extrodinary! No-our parents weren't hippies-well mine weren't not sure about hers-it's more like a nick-name actually-and for a good reason." She turned herself into the kitten/lioness cub again before turning into her human form. "Looks like a kitten-doesn't it? But I think that form is a lioness cub-but I'm not sure."

"My parents weren't hippies either-I was born in a cave with a hole in the roof-and my parents said my pelt looked like pure platinum when I was born-so they named me Flowing Light-because they flowing moon light hit my fur." She looked proud for a moment-but then it dropped to a mournful look and she bowed her head.

Lionkit sighed. "Poor girl...well-it's nice to meet you Uluru."

Flowing Light: (3/5)

Lionkit: (3/10)

(ooc: Okay-just making sure! ^.^ )
LionKit
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Maelstrom » 01/01/2009 4:19 PM

Uluru eyed the transforming girl skeptically before remarking, "You seem a bit small to be a lion. And for goodness' sake girl, take a breath! I shan't be able to move you if you pass out from lack of oxygen!"

He brought up a paw and began to wash his fur, seemingly ignoring Flowing Light as she explained her name. Finally deigning to look up he commented, "At least that explains your poor manners. Today's youth are terribly arrogant, not like when I was growing up."

The Draculi sniffed again when Lionkit called him 'Uluru'. "We are not yet on such familiar terms, Miss Lionkit, and I haven't given you permission to use my Christian name."

Maelstrom
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby LionKit » 01/06/2009 9:04 PM

"Oh? Uh-okay." She puased to take a breath-doing exactly what Uluru told her. "So...may I have permission?"

"Hey! My parents did not spoil me! I just don't like being nice with people SO-GET-OFF-MY-CASE!!!" She made the "get off my case" bit louder than usual.

Lionkit covered her ears. "For petes sakes! Flowing Light tune your yell volume down some okay!? I know you're going into distress mode but can you do it quietly?"

"I AM NOT GOING INTO DISTRESS MODE!!!!!!!!!" She screamed.

"Ow..." Lionkit said quietly.

Flowing Light: (4/5)

Lionkit: (4/10)

(ooc: Why am I making a post count for myself...?)
LionKit
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Maelstrom » 01/07/2009 1:11 PM

"See? That's much better. Breathing is good Miss Lionkit. And no, you may not call me by my first name - we've barely met one another. First name basis is a privelage reserved for close friends. Since this language lacks gender-neutral honorifics, you may address me as Kata-Tjuta. Clear?"

The Draculi watched the slynx's explosion with barely concealed amusement and glee. It winced slightly and wrapped its tail around its legs when her volume level skyrocketed - its ears were quite sensitive.

"Well than that is much worse - if you had been spoiled perhaps part of the blame could be put on your parents. This way all the fault for your delplorable behavior lies with you.  And yes, you are having a breakdown," he finished with a satisfied cat-got-the-cream expression.

Maelstrom
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby LionKit » 01/08/2009 11:33 PM

'And how do you know I be mean to people not for a reason!? I would be smiling and having a nice conversation like you and Lionkit are having-but no! I DON'T want to! And I don't care if the blame goes all to me! People deserves to have their feathers ruffeled up alot!"

"Oh-my bad Kata-Tjuta-can I just call you Kata?" Lionkit glanced at Flowing Light. "Not all people are like the ones that did that to you Flowing Light..."

Flowing Light: (5/5) level up
LionKit
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Maelstrom » 01/09/2009 2:22 AM

The Draculi seemed distinctly unimpressed by the Slynx's tantrum. She really needed to take some classes on proper argumentation; it might polish her technique a little. Her structure was non-existant and her supporting evidence was weak, Kata-Tjuta critiqued unconsciously.

"I don't think that we are on quite the same page, child. Being mean to people simply because you want to is called bullying. It is unattractive and speaks lowly of your character. And how do you know what people deserve? What gives you the right to decide that, hmm?"

Uluru found his conversation with Flowing Light a little disturbing, and took refuge in scolding LionKit.

"No, you most definitely cannot call me 'Kata'! That is not my name - my name is 'Kata-Tjuta' to you." And it seemed that there was some kind of story behind Flowing Light's ugly behavior...

Maelstrom
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby LionKit » 01/12/2009 8:17 PM

"Oh-I'm sorry Mi-" Oh man! I nearly said "Mister"!! "Kata-Tjuta."

"Well-bullying is much better than murdering!" She growled. She knew she was off-but if you have a sad story to burden you, you usually aren't the best at rebutling. (sp?)
LionKit
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Maelstrom » 01/13/2009 6:17 PM

The Draculi nodded at Lionkit, pleased that she had finally gotten its name right.

"The two things are hardly comparable, silly child. And from a certain point of view, it could be argued that bullying is worse than murder. With murder, you kill someone and they're dead; you can't do anything more to them. Bullying, on the other hand, can leave scars that lasts the victim's entire life.
Your arguement lacks any sort of cohesion - I'd give it poor marks if I was the one grading your work."

Maelstrom
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby LionKit » 01/21/2009 11:01 PM

"And what about the survivors, of a murder? I'm sure most of us lock ourselves in a closet for three days straight if we were too sensitive." Flowing Light muttered.

Lionkit rocked back on her heels-obviously not enjoying the conversation between Kata-Tjuta and Flowing Light. "Um...so...Kata Tjuta, what kind of food do you like?"

Flowing Light: (2/5)
LionKit
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Maelstrom » 01/21/2009 11:09 PM

The Draculi blinked, very slowly, before talking as if her was explaining a difficult concept to a small child. "There are no survivors of murder. By definition, the victim is dead. Are you speaking of witnesses?"

Lionkit's attempt to change the subject was painfully obvious, and the cantankerous old Draculi was hardly fooled, but decided to indulge her and played along. "I like whatever is soft enough not to give me a jaw ache. My teeth are old and worn out, just like the rest of me, but my mind's as sharp as ever!"

Maelstrom
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby LionKit » 01/21/2009 11:58 PM

"What do you think I'm talking about? A survivor of a murder is a witness." Flowing Light said.

"Oh, I see, hm...I like cookies." She smiled widely. "They make my tummy warm and lips smile." She said before tapping on her chin. "What's it like to be an 'it'?" She asked. "Just curious-and do you have any siblings?" She breathed in between the questions.

Flowing Light: (3/5)
LionKit
Pets | Items
Donate

Next