A wide open area of flat, grassy land and rocky trenches, supposedly a wide range of ancient civilizations once lived here. Species that like wide, open areas, such as Gyrophants, Serraptors, and Sahound, thrive here, though only the agile survive. (+3 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Vast Plains

Learning to Trust {P-Celtic}

Postby Lunasa » 12/28/2008 9:57 PM

Arye crested one of the gentle, sloping hills that dotted the landscape, the slightly-browned grass waving slightly in the wind. This is where she belonged, out in the sun and wind. There, she paused, sniffing and looking about. Her wild training was kicking in. The plains around her offered little protection, but also offered few places for an assailant to hide. She sat, her three tails wagging happily. Finally, she was out of that oppressive pen, where the walls bore down on her. That scared her, more than if a large Taosig came charging straight at her. Being trapped, without anyone familiar to help her. The pack probaly had noticed her abcense. They had probaly tracked her to the village. What if they were hurt? She wouldn't, couldn't, forgive herself if that happened. Arye shook her head. Best not to dwell on that. Tilting her head back, she let out a high, sweet howl sliding down the scale until it ended in a low, friendly rumble. Then she bounced up, and bounded down the hill. Tall grasses tickled her chin and belly. She smiled, her tongue lolling out. But, she didn't relax completely. If you looked carefully, you could see her muscles were tensed, ready to spring away if something changed.

A:1
Me ne freggo - The Blackshirts

Home Sweet Home
Avatars by hyuroi, lachrimaavon, tablo, volkner, and mizzsheldon
Lunasa
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 56
Donate
Location: That place between light and dark where madness grows

Re: Learning to Trust {P-Celtic}

Postby Celtic » 12/28/2008 10:07 PM

Ah. It haad been so long since he was out. That trip with I'lanae seemed so long ago, and he was beginning to bore of the pen. The brightly colored lucain walked slowly over the plains entering from the forests of where they began. His head was in the clouds at the moment, so he was just moving cause he hadn't remembered to stop.

Oh wake up! Ai muttered to himself, mentally shaking himself awake. Then he saw her. She was a gradient, and her pelt was the beautifulest he had ever seen. Smiling as charmingly as he could, Ai walked over to the lady and bowed. Hello, my dear lady. I just happened to be passing by, and I coudn't help but come over to compliment those lovely colors of your pelt.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's
in love and flowers pick themselves

- e. e. cummings

[ Z o o P e n ][ W i s h l i s t ]
Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 199
Donate

Postby Lunasa » 12/28/2008 10:28 PM

Arye had been sitting peacefully when the male appeared. She leapt away, snarl marring her face. Why was he here? Who was here? The fur raised between her shoulder blades. She started growling as well. The male looked kind enough, but so had the child she had met and that had led her into the village. His smile was nice though. And he had bowed, which meant he was polite. Slowly, her hackles lowered ever so slightly. She glanced around. Arye could probaly out run the male. But she didn't run. Hello. She said this through clenched teeth. Then she heard his comment on her pelt. Her ears pricked as she looked down at herself. Noone had ever really told she was pretty. That was nice of him. Blinking quickly, she drove that thought away. Nice people weren't always good people. She shifted uncomfortabley. What was he getting at?

A:2

Home Sweet Home
Lunasa
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 12/28/2008 10:49 PM

Ai leapt back from her snarl, acting like he didn't see it. He bowed again, just to show he meant no harm. So sorry if I frightened you lady. Oh! And I am forgetting myself, I am called Aitaitaru Suran, a Knight raised around the time of teh nobel Sir Arthur, always referred to as Ai. It is so nice to meet you. He said gently, trying to calm her. He did not want a fight now. Ai relaxed his muscles again, tryign to seem as unharmful as possible, also he was aiming for innocent.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Lunasa » 12/28/2008 11:02 PM

Arye watched him bow again, ears pricked forward. That was a good sign, she was relaxing. The male's gesture was meant to help her relax, to help her trust him. She also watched him relax. That was foolish, out here where vigilance is everything. But he also didn't seem that attuned to the this side of the world, so she let it slide. When she spoke, it was alittle grudgingly. She wasn't ready to trust him quite yet, but she was starting. She dipped her head in acknowledgment of his name. She also chuckled at his comment on fear. I am Arye, Ai. And I was not scared. Growing up in the wild, one learns such reflexes. Arye hadn't said so much at once since she lost her pack.

A:3

Home Sweet Home
Lunasa
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 12/29/2008 12:38 PM

So she was a native around here. That was interesting, thought Ai. So sorry Ms. Ayre, and you live...d, here? How interesting. Ai wasn't sure if she still lived here or was taken or wandered off from the native pack. He knew that some villages were not 'Cain friendly.

While we converse, shall we sit? Ai asked Ayre, sitting down, settling himself comfortably. His tails positioned themselves so they were just moving slightly wavering back and forth relaxedly.

(9Sorry No muse))

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Lunasa » 12/29/2008 12:55 PM

Arye nodded curtly. I lived here, that is true. She sighed as she said this, remembering her life out here. Her eyes lost their focus, as she remember her life out here. It had been beautiful. Blinking quickly, Arye watched him sit. She followed suit, her tails twitching. This male reminded her of a male in her pack. Arye tilted her head to one side. So why are you out here, Ai? It puzzled her that a male such as Ai was out here.

A little butterfly of bright blue floated past her. Arye tracked the little butterfly with her eyes. She missed little moments like this. A tiny, tender smile touched her lips. But, Arye quickly hid this. She didn't want the male to see her in such a vunerable position.

A:4

Home Sweet Home
Lunasa
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 12/29/2008 1:03 PM

Ai had dropped his smile as he thought, indeed why was he here? And she did have a nice genlte side, she was just as rough as Quail. Acting tough in these situations, but always tender hearted. A good gal to have around. But, like Quail, she never allowed that side of her to show unless you were close, it was frustrating at times, but generally an entertaining play.

I am here to sort throuh life. My sister, Quail, has just recently gone to the roos, and eing her come back was a shock. So here I am sorting through life's greatest mytsteries. He muttered softly, still thinking, but remembering to alight a smile to his face.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Lunasa » 12/29/2008 1:14 PM

Arye watched his smile disappear. Why did he stop smiling? Wait, was she starting to trust, or even like him? She shook her head sharply, like when she tried to get rid of a fly buzzing around her ears. Not yet, she couldn't trust anyone yet.

Then he smiled again. Twitching her ears, she caught what he said. He had a sister? You have a sister? What's she like? Breeding rooms? She shuddered slightly. She could figure out what that meant. Life's greastest mysteries? What would those be?

A:5

Home Sweet Home
Lunasa
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 12/29/2008 1:28 PM

Ai sighed when she asked about his sister. Quail had actually said that she would join him, but he was afraid of that because she had been mourning the loss of her daughter. But how to explain that to this girl. There are many ways to describe Quail. But she isn't actually my sister, she is like my sister we share a pen and all. If you asked me how she is like, she is actually alot like you, always hiding her tender side, but she is more upbeat then you are. If you asked Owain, her recent mate, he would probebly say that she is shy adn jittery, but he has only seen that side. well, you get it. You might see her soon to, she said that she was coming to join me sometime, and she also said that she might bring her son. There. It was said, now lets see if Ayre got that all. It was kinda jumbled after all.

Ai just smiled a little embarresedly now. Got that all Ms. Ayre?

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Lunasa » 12/29/2008 1:39 PM

Arye looked at him. Why had he sighed? Maybe he would explain. She blinked at his slightly confusing explaination. After a few minutes of thought, Arye thought she understood. I think so, Ai. So Quail was like her, but more upbeat. But she was also a bit shy and jittery? And Arye, like Quail, hid her tender side? She might be coming, with her son. She blinked, this made her head hurt, but she understood. This Quail seems very confusing, from what I heard. She stretched her front legs out and laid down. Arye put her head on her paws and closed her eyes.

A:6

Home Sweet Home
Lunasa
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 12/29/2008 1:46 PM

Ai chuckled. Yes, Quail was definately confusing if you didn't know her face to face, but ah well, hopefully she'll understand soon. Yes, it can all be very confusing, since Quail is one of those people that you just have to meet in order to actually nderstand. But she may not be herself, you see she had three children, two beautiful girls and her boy. But you see one of the girls has gone missing, and she isn't over it yet. So yes, she may seem a bit odd today. There, now she knew. Wow. This is getting to be more of a conversation then he thought. Ai hadn't been kicked out yet, and he hadn't moved on, maybe this would go on for a bit. Maybe.

Ai found himself looking back t the forests, anticipating when she would arrive. If she arrived at all. Ai truely was worried about her.

((I'll bring Quail in my next post))

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Lunasa » 12/29/2008 1:59 PM

Arye lifted her head. She twitched her ears. Quail was missing a daughter? That was sad, to lose a child. That's sad. It must've been hard to lose a daughter. I hope Quail finds her. This was her longest conversation in... well she couldn't remember. Then, she saw a little flower in the grass. It was bright yellow with a darker, orange throat. It petals were long and velvety. With a great deal of grace, she picked it. Luckily, the flower's stem was long enough to fit in her jaws with out Arye crushing the flower's petals. Do you think Quail will like it?

A:7 (Ok)

Home Sweet Home
Lunasa
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 12/29/2008 2:40 PM

Ai smiled, and nodded at Ayre. Then, he just glanced over his shoulder to see Quail emerge from the woods, looking disgusted. Oh no. Something prolly went wrong...

Ugh! Why in the world did she have to go out today! Adiel had gone off with Cassie to meet some girl, and Quail had been left to grieve alone. Doe she not care that his sister is missing! She thought, almost muttering angrily aloud. No, this is prolly just his way of dealing with it. Calming herself, Quail finally looked up. Oh... So Ai had found a nice girl to hang out with. And my, she lookes like... No, no I can't think that! Quail thought, realizing that the girl looked just like her lost little daughter.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Lunasa » 12/29/2008 3:00 PM

Arye watched Ai. He looked disturbed. Then, Arye looked at Quail. She blinked quickly, watching the other female Lucain walk over. That Lucain... she looked familiar, but where had Arye seen the other? Arye stood up slowly and walked over to the new female. The flower had been dropped at Ai's feet, forgotten. Soon, Arye was nose to nose with Quail. Arye inhaled deeply, checking out the other female's scent. It was familiar, a scent of before her eyes were ever open. She looked over Quail. Then, Arye looked at herself. They looked alike. Quail? After looking over the other Lucain a bit longer, Arye said something else. Mom? She held one white paw out towards Quail's tan one. Tears were forming at the corners of her eyes. Then a little voice sounded in the back of her head. What if it isn't your mother? Arye shook her head, then she would deal with it.

A:8

Home Sweet Home
Lunasa
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next