A wide open area of flat, grassy land and rocky trenches, supposedly a wide range of ancient civilizations once lived here. Species that like wide, open areas, such as Gyrophants, Serraptors, and Sahound, thrive here, though only the agile survive. (+3 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Vast Plains

WHOA! That's a LOT of wombear!

Postby .:Random Event 2:. » 01/05/2009 2:46 AM

(( I know, I know: "RE2! You stink like my gym socks! Where'd you go!?" Actually I smell like strawberries I'll have you know but I know what you're getting at.  Where'd I go?  Heck if I know.  Anyway, to say I'm sorry I'm starting this thread and hope you buggers have fun. I'll try to be more active {Where have we heard this before?} blah blah.  I love you guys ... Someplace deep deep DEEP down... ))

The clouds above your head are bloated with rain that was begging to fall so you wondered what brought you too the vast plains, I mean, there's no trees to even take shelter under really.  Then you remember that sign you'd seen earlier.

Trainers Wanted! Searching for those searching for wombear!

Haha, wombear.  Funny gopher looking creatures that lived on the vast plain.  You'd followed sketchy (at best) instructions to this location.  Rain or snow, sleet or rabid mekka, you wanted a wombear.  So you'd come and met up... With a very fat and angry looking man.

He wore a green suit, like Yogi's forest ranger friend from that old cartoon involving pic-a-nick baskets.  Though this guy was far from willowy.  If it wasn't for the face contorted in anger he could have been Santa.  You had to restrain yourself from tugging his beard while he spoke.

"Wombear are part of a delicate eco system," or boring eco system, flat ground with grass.  Fun.
"But there's been a terrifying and aggravating rise in their numbers.  And, knowing you pet hungry trainers," he spat, obviously not a fan of "your kind", "I thought it best to give you an opportunity to take a few of these rodents away,"

(( Yah so the plot stinks.  It's late.  Anyway there's gonna' be an absolute TON of wombear running around here.  I'll close it when I start getting over whelmed.  I want only FIVE {Count it: 1 2 3 4 5} users in the thread actively searching.  I will kick you when I feel like it.  If you don't have a wombear or you leave with 100, I don't care.  When you've been here too long I will KICK you.  Fear my authority.  Then when a spot is freed up, a new person can come in and then so on and so forth. 8D How long will this go on for?  Dunno.  We'll see, okay?

Just like in a normal RE2 invaded thread I need to interact with you for you to obtain the wombear and all that good stuff.  No god moding my wombears or I'll kick yer butt! Follow Evelon rules, which means you automatically get five posts in here, I won't kick you before that.  There's no posting order but don't go nuts on me.  And if you defy the rules I've laid down I will involve some mod powers.  Now stop whining about my absence. ))

Slots
1 = CLOSED
2 = CLOSED
3 = CLOSED
4 = CLOSED
5 = CLOSED
Season in Effect: None
Activity: Active, awaiting hunts.
Most Recent Dossier: Lost Guardians
Discovered Pet Count: 40.9%

Please don't PM me without a good reason, otherwise I'll just ignore you!
.:Random Event 2:.
Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Keystones: 883
Donate

Re: WHOA! That's a LOT of wombear!

Postby MillietheWarrior » 01/05/2009 5:24 AM

Well, here was something new and interesting. That sign had certainly been...Inviting. He'd been intrigued by the proposition. 'Course, he'd never actually searched for a Wombear before, but seriously...He'd always wanted to. Those things were...Cute. Well, they were something all right. Perhaps 'furry' was more the right word than...Cute. And so, like a good little sign follower, he'd followed the sign and lo and behold, he'd ended up here. Now where here was, he wasn't sure, except that it was in a very empty, very unappealing part of the Vast Plains. Talk about needing a new decorator. Then Santa had showed up or...Well, okay, so it wasn't Santa. It was some guy who looked like Santa's long lost cousin 'Fred' or something. He craned his head around and listened. Delicate eco system? More like an empty one, right? What and who, besides those Wombears, even participated in the vast Plains 'eco system?' Probably nobody who wanted their names mentioned, he reflected.

'Fred' seemed angry or something like that, and so the Gallizar decided he should just 'move on along,' and see what there was to see. Who knows? Maybe he'd come away with a bazillion Wombears...Although that wasn't even a number. Perhaps he should set his sights on a more realistic number. Say, around one. Yes, getting even one sounded like a good day in his books. 'Course, eating breakfast sounded like a good day in his books. His standards weren't all that high. He lifted his long neck and scanned the area. Ah, the advantage of being like, a foot taller than most people. A blessing and a curse. A blessing in crowds, a curse in small buildings. And he had the bump to prove it. "Here wombears," he called. "I got a nice snack for you." And indeed, he did. He'd brought along fruit, vegetables and sweet smelling snacks of all kinds. Hey, he might be lazy, but he was never unprepared. Okay, there was that one time...But that was it. "Come and get some nice food," he called, careful not to walk too loudly and speak in a soft voice. He so wanted a Wombear.

[1]

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby Sixpence » 01/05/2009 6:36 AM

Geraldinia "Gigi" Worthington-Higgens III bounced.

There was simply no other word for it. She bounded, she capered, god forbid it, she even pranced on occasion, but today, well today she -bounced- into line. Like she owned the place too, which was actually quite a feat since wide open expanses generally don't lend themselves to a feeling of ownership so much as a feeling of humble insignificance.

Bubbly, exuberant, and empty-headed she flolloped out onto the open grasses of the prairie, completely impervious to the threatening rainclouds above, which were attempting to make it incredibly clear that they were not in a good mood and felt rather like having a good sulk in a corner of the sky than doing something useful like letting the sun through. As though on an invisible cue, Gigi sat down hard on an ant lump and wagged her stumpy tail in such a viciously happy manner that her teeth chattered.

The air around her practically recoiled in disgust.

Patting her paws on the ground simply to watch the the puffs of dust that rose up, she wondered if she did it enough, if the dust would turn purple. There was only one way to find out so she began to smack her paws enthusiastically against the dirt, putting more and more effort into getting the dirt to go -purple- until she was standing up on her full height (which wasn't very high in the least) and thudding her fat little body down with relish.

The air around her tried to shout that she was colorblind and couldn't possibly know what purple was.

Gigi would have happily continued pounding at the earth (coincidentally, somewhere on the other side of the planet, a Hadron Collider had mysteriously stopped working) had she not caught something moving out of the corner of her eye.

Wombear?!

Her reaction was instantaneous. Purple already forgotten, Gigi charged her small little body heedlessly into the grasses which were taller than she was, tongue lolling out of her mouth vapidly as she abandoned herself to the chase of a dandelion thistle blowing on the wind, which she had mistakenly dubbed 'wombear.' So intent was she on snatching up the 'wombear' she forgot she could use more than one of her senses at a time and ran smack into something. Dazed and grinning stupidly, Gigi looked up at the green blooooobish looking man dizzily, wondering if his face always swirled like that, or if it was just because of the weather.

The wind, faced with such singular stupidity, gave up in the face of idiocy and decided to go home and have tea.
Sixpence
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby Essence » 01/05/2009 3:19 PM

Kanji sniffed at the ground, wrinkling her nose a bit, and continued onward, flicking the tips of her tails. She had been here searching for various types of plants - if there was anything other then grass here, but instead ended up getting caught up in what looked like a large hunt because of a sign she read. The rain clouds swirled above her head, and to her, approaching rain wasn't always a good thing. But after learning she had the opportunity to find a Wombear, a nice little companion for her, she figured, why not stay and look for one?

Her blue gaze scanned around the clearing, a cold breeze ruffled her fur, and she sat on her haunches. The excited feeling welled up in her chest, and Kanji, who very much so loved the thought of having a Wombear, maybe two, laid down on her stomach to think. Wombears were incredibly cute, helpful maybe, mostly cute. And how much they'd be able to help her! The thought rested gleefully in her mind, such a wondrous thought. She would no longer have to do everything by herself. Not to mention they are cute - very cute, and she was quite determined to get at least one furry Wombear friend to join her in her travels.

"I wonder how many pets are goin' to be here." Kanji murmured to herself, whom was up on her paws walking once more. "How many Wombear?" ... "Do Wombears even like traveling?" Her murmurs only aroused more questions in her mind, and the raced as she paced around in a circle. Still, her optimism shined through once more, and figured it'd be best to find out from experience.

Soon enough, the Lucain craned her neck, watching the plains wistfully for any sign of movement, aside from the other pets she might see, of course. Wombear were nice creatures, she thought so at least, so hopefully she would stumble upon one. But those dark rainclouds didn't seem to inviting...

{1}
On a sort of hiatus, tentatively back.
Essence
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 178
Donate

Postby Carlie » 01/05/2009 3:31 PM

A female lucain was walking around, humming as she did. Her name was Jade and she was here for a wombear. She had heard that there were some here and was eager to see for herself. She also loved coming to new places and had never seen the Vast Plains before. She seemed quite cheerful as she looked around her, trying to find a wombear. She bent down to sniff the ground. She wasn't even sure quite what a wombear looked like, although her trainer had described them before she left. I bet they're real cute. She thought, smiling to herself, getting even more excited than she already was.

When the lit match hit accelerant, we were just two kids back then. Words were few, we let our bodies do the talking for us both. Those days I felt less counterfeit, trouble hadn’t found me yet. Big city love, never sleeps until the skyline sun turns red.
It was always only you, I’m sorry there’s no proof of that, I’ll try to get back to the days you knew, I always told the truth.
It was always only you...

-TRUST FOR LIARS

zoo pen//wishlist//trades
Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 309
Donate

Postby Maelstrom » 01/05/2009 5:20 PM

The Hollow Aries wasn't quite sure where he was, but since the sniffling bandersnatches had given him many signs, he was absolutely sure that he was supposed to be here. Because here was much better than there - the windy warblers had told him so. It was rather nice wherever here was - lots of grass, pleasant company (though that serraptor had told him that he would taste good with mustard. Whatever that was..). The aries, who called himself Pictor, attracted attention without even opening his mouth; every time he moved he clattered, rang and rustled, his coat draped from horns to tail in strings of old flowers, vegetables, beads, tiny bells, talismens and other odd ornaments.

Aha! Pictor had found his sign - literally. A lumpy-bellied snodgrass, disguised as a human! And it was giving him a carefully coded message! Poor thing, its territory was crawling with spirit-gophers! Everyone knew that lumpy-bellied snodgrasses had very sensitive hearing and couldn't stand having a choir of spirit-gophers sing at night. Fired with the rightousness of his new mission, he patted Mr. Snodgrass with his muzzle, assuring him that he would do his best to convince the spirit-gophers to sing more quietly at night, then set off while the snodgrass was still shocked by his selflessness.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

Maelstrom
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 602
Donate
Location: The Ladies' Anarchist Sewing Circle and Terrorist Association

Postby .:Random Event 2:. » 01/05/2009 7:14 PM

If the fat, unhappy man had looked bad before he looked even worse when the small idiotic bear-thing hit him.  He wasn't familliar with the other species and actually hated animals as a general rule.  He only had this job because of his father. Ugh, but he wasn't going to let his mind wander, he had other things to do, like get out of here.  He'd backed away from the cub... thing and made to leave down the path the trainers had used to get here.  Before the rolly-polly man could even attempt it a more equine (that was the word, right? Oh well who cared. Just another dumb animal. Why couldn't the trainers come?) like creature nudged him.  Ugh what had it been doing?  Looked as if it had taken a tumble into a garbage dump.

NOW he'd have to take a shower, rotten animals...

And so the five pets were left to try and find wombears.  The wind whistled through the grass, moving the long pale green and yellow grass back and forth.  The wind couldn't make up it's mind on which way to go, just like one small wombear couldn't make up it's mind where to pop up.  It was right around Gigi.  It first revealed itself just in front of Gigi, under a wombear hole that had been hidden by the fat mans foot.

Bright cunning eyes stared into Gigi's, then dissapeared under the ground before returning, his head appearing above ground in another hole not to far away.

Another curious wombear climbed slowly out of another hole to see what was going on.  It looked fat and lathargic and rather slow.  Somebody might even beable to just... catch him (or her).

(( Wombear are making themselves known.  One by Gigi another... Well whoever posts first to interact with it I guess? And try to make sense around your fellow members?  It's more fun for me to read. ))

Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 01/05/2009 7:24 PM

Jade grinned as she saw a few wombear. They were even cuter than she thought! She decided to try to win one's trust. The darker one is pretty. She thought as she walked over towards the hole she saw it in. "Hey there, little guy..." She said, unable to stop smiling. She wasn't sure quite what to do or say, but she prayed that she wouldn't accidentally scare him away.

When the lit match hit accelerant, we were just two kids back then. Words were few, we let our bodies do the talking for us both. Those days I felt less counterfeit, trouble hadn’t found me yet. Big city love, never sleeps until the skyline sun turns red.
It was always only you, I’m sorry there’s no proof of that, I’ll try to get back to the days you knew, I always told the truth.

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby .:Random Event 2:. » 01/05/2009 7:48 PM

The wombear turned towards the new character, tipped it's head to one side, then the other.  It was looking her over, yes?  Did it like her?  It poked it's head out of the ground a little further, sniffing thoughtfully at the new character then sort of.... Hissed?  Something like that.  The wombear bared wickedly sharp teeth and was away in a moment, popping back up in front of Gigi.  This particular wombear didn't seem entirely friendly.  So then, why the attention to Gigi?  Maybe it was impressed with the creatures sheer stupidity.  I mean, could anything really be that stupid?

(( ... If anybody actually gets offended by the lack of respect for the stupid pet I'll cut it out. *giggle giggle* ))

Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 01/05/2009 8:15 PM

Jade took a few small, slow steps toward the wombear, determined to convince him to like her. "Hey, um...I'm not gonna hurt you or anything..." She said, unsure what else to say. She gave it a friendly smile, attempting to calm it down. She took another step, trying to get close to it without making it move farther back. She was careful to not make any sudden movements and generally seem as nonthreatening as she possibly could. Even though he didn't seem very friendly, she still didn't plan to give up. It was so adorable...

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Maelstrom » 01/05/2009 9:32 PM

Pictor wandered around with a slight bounce in his step from the excitement of his mission, no real destination in mind. The wind combined with the aries' bouncing to produce a truely impressive amount of noise from the different strings; any animal in the area would have been frightened out of hiding by the cacophony. The rather eccentric aries began to speak to himself absentmindedly, "Spirit-gophers, spirit-gophers...how do you attract them? They like holes, it makes their concerts echo and keeps the nigglers from being off-key. Off-key makes them angry. Invisible post-it note to self: Jawan is lovely this time of year."

So the Aries trundled off to look for holes, nosing through its collection of strings for the correct one. With an exclamation of triumph he located a string with a silver whistle at the end and began to play it. The tinny sound carried by the winds should keep the nose-eaters away he thought with relief. Nasty things always came out when it was windy - he had a terrible encounter with one as a child. Scarred him for life, you might say.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

Maelstrom
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 602
Donate
Location: The Ladies' Anarchist Sewing Circle and Terrorist Association

Postby Essence » 01/05/2009 10:01 PM

Kanji must of dozed off. She jolted quickly upright and scanned the area. She could see one other Lucain, what was it talking to? A brown lump? Kanji, tilted her head, puzzled, until the thought came to hear - Wombear! She concluded it would feel wrong to take the others opportunity away, I mean, it looked like it was going pretty well over there. Well, maybe, the Wombear seemed to be energetic.  After glancing around a bit more, the Lucain rose to her paws, trying to seek out another Wombear, preferably one who wasn't already occupied with another pet, and let out a large stretch.

After letting out a rather large yawn, Kanji questioned herself. Where would I look?. But then it hit her, somewhere, she saw one. Astonished at first, she tip-toed across the grass, obvious that she would probably be seen anyway. Black and gold doesn't exactly mix with the light colors of the plains, not that it mattered to much, right? Right? But determined, she edged closer to the Wombear.

I hope it doesn't run away. This particular Wombear looked rather lazy, but she flicked her tails excitedly, before forcing herself to not get jumpy. "Hey, there... Little Wombear." Kanji let out a silent giggle as she spoke the small rhyme. Her ears flicked, there was another noise, a whistling? It was soothing, but distracting. She sat on her haunches, quite unsure of whether the Wombear had seen her or not, but also couldn't exactly pinpoint where the sound was coming from, so Kanji did her best to just shrug off the sound, and focus on the Wombear. "You are a cute little Wombear..." The Lucain spoke softly, in a cool, calm voice. Kanji inched a little closer, blinking happily at the Wombear. So many feelings welled up in her body at once, the excited Lucain just sat wiggling in place for awhile, watching.
{2}
On a sort of hiatus, tentatively back.
Essence
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 178
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 01/05/2009 10:16 PM

Pshaw. The Gallizar, who called himself 'Steeler' watched as most of the other adventurers descended on the poor defenseless little Wombear. There as only two. All that attention was bound to scare 'em off. He sighed. People never learned. Good thing he wasn't a 'people.' He glance dup as the Aries passed him by, whistling on a...Whistle. Well, you didn't see that everyday. or...At all. But who was he to judge? He had his little bag of goodies and whatnot, and carefully laid a few apples and pears and...sweets, and veggies and stuff on the ground. He glanced over his handiwork, and nodded to himself. he'd catch a different Wombear.

Hopefully the other pets would just preoccupy themselves with those two.  "I wonder if Wombears come in any different colors?" he muttered aloud. 'Course, that'd be silly. It wasn't as though you saw a purple Wombear pass by everyday now right but red would be cool. "Like me," he said happily. But that was impossible. Wombears had to be brown because of their environment. The eco-whatever. He shrugged. “Come on out Mr. Wombears...or Miss Wombears...”

[2]

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby Sixpence » 01/05/2009 11:53 PM

Gigi wriggled in sheer ecstasy as something popped out of the grasses near her bandy-legged little paws. Instantaneously, it was gone again, and just as instantaneously, she abandoned all thought -which certainly couldn't have been difficult the wind, which had returned for a second round, thought to itself- to drop heavily in the grass like a stone. Dead-still she wiggled her furry little tail as high in the air as it could go before she surged upwards in a flood of giddiness, popping up out of the grass for a single instant before its long stems mercifully hid her from view again, clearly embarrassed for her.

She landed on the ground with a clumsy, graceless 'thud,' and immediately looked about with a wide grin for her audience. The shining triumph plastered all over her simple, ursine face began to show its first signs of wavering when she realized that no one had paid any attention whatsoever her -incredible- feat. She remained miffed for all of two seconds before the thought occurred to her that the reason no one had noticed was because she hadn't made the -popping- noise that the weird, furry thing had made when it appeared. That, she decided, would make all the difference.

Collecting herself, determination plastered all over her face, she crouched once more, wriggled shamelessly and leaped majestically through the sky with what she imagined was a tour-de-force of power. In reality, she made it exactly four and ten sixteenths of an inch off the ground.

At this point, the wind laughed so hard it choked and was in such danger of expiring from sheer hilarity, that it had to blow away again to calm itself down.

As Gigi landed, she realized that if she hadn't -popped- the first time she made her glorious flight she probably wouldn't this time either, so she made the noise herself, yelling out a satisfyingly loud "POP" into the prairie. The sound was oddly muffled because the prairie kept trying to reject it and act as though it didn't know her, for fear it would never live it down if the wind saw. While the prairie was studiously pretending to ignore the furry little simpleton, however, another creature (perhaps the same one from the previous quick encounter, even) had reappeared on the scene, looking like a mixed ball of delicately warring emotions. It looked both interested yet disgusted, curious yet hostile, and the subtlety of its face belied the true subtlety of its mind.

Gigi ignored all of this so completely that, had her ignorance been cleverly feigned to lull her quarry into a false sense of security, she would have been seriously considered for a top job in any secret service agency. Sadly, however, it wasn't cleverness that prompted her to barrel over to the furry little creature; tongue flopping every which way in her excitement, as she sat down hard before it and regarded it with vivaciously vacuous eyes.

"Did you see that, did you see? I -flew-! I flew like the wombear!"

This word triggered something in her mind, and the little wombear before her could practically see the slow, furry little clogs of her poor head laboring furiously to work out why that word suddenly seemed so important. Eventually, after a good hard thinking session, she remembered the little piece of dandelion fluff floating in the wind, and she was up on her stubby paws in a trice.

"Wombear," she declared, so savagely happy that she had finally remembered that her moronically blue eyes bored piercingly into the little creature before her. It was a look that was disconcerting, at best.

The wind had returned by this time, fully composed, and decided it was time to attempt a game. It felt as though it was beginning to get the hang of this confused little joke of a creature. It -imagined- that, had she the full capacities, she would have said to the creature before her, "A-HA! I finally remember that I'm out here in search of wombears, that I indeed saw a wombear not too long ago, and that you should help me go search for it so that I can bring it back and make everyone ridiculously happy."

Instead, she said "wombear," and eyed the wombear before her with such intensity, it looked as though she wanted to eat it.

((EditEdit: Bash her as much as you like. -She- certianly can't tell the difference :P))
Sixpence
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby .:Random Event 2:. » 01/06/2009 12:14 AM

Our fat and lazy (and slightly ignored) wombear blinked sleepily at the lucain, before yawning and cleaning it's face with it's small paws.  It's attention returned to the lucain who's attention never left her.  She watched a moment longer before falling down to her four paws and started off through the grass near the lucain in search of something to eat.  She knew well enough that lucain were tame animals and that if this one were trained to catch wombears the lucain would have been barking and making a racket.  Her colours may have been bland in comparison to other wombear but atleast she was nice, unlike the mud wombear...

The darker wombear hissed at Jade and dissapeared into the tunnel.  It wasn't below long, popping out of the ground in a puff of dirt.  It was holding something in it's claws.  A small... pebble. The pebble was then tossed at Jade rather hard.  Whether it hit her or not the wombear didn't stick around to find out.  Down in the tunnels he returned and didn't look as if he planned to come up any time soon.

Just next to the gallizar another wombear popped up, dashing hard towards the food that had been laid out.  It stopped infront of the food, stuffing it's cheeks with whatever it could grab.  It's paws were a blur of motion as it worked.

So far the whistle noisy tactic wasn't working.  Or, maybe it was?  Was that the sound of scurrying paws someplace under his hooves? So far though, there was nothing...

The mud wombear (that's the dark one) again popped up near the stupid thing.  The wombear had seen creatures that were a few cards short of a deck, but this one seemed to only have a hand full of jokers and maybe a card from the game of Sorry.  Really the thing was pathetically stupid and the wombear couldn't help but be fascinated.  How much inbreeding had to occur for this little mess up to happen?
It seemed to be trying to communicate an idea.
"Yes, I'm a wombear," he growled out, his speech rough and unpracticed, "What's it to you?"

((It speaks!))

Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Donate

Next