A wide open area of flat, grassy land and rocky trenches, supposedly a wide range of ancient civilizations once lived here. Species that like wide, open areas, such as Gyrophants, Serraptors, and Sahound, thrive here, though only the agile survive. (+3 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Vast Plains

Re: WHOA! That's a LOT of wombear!

Postby .:Random Event 2:. » 01/22/2009 1:36 AM

There was a bit more scuffling, a few snapped "phrases" and then a silence.  The wind whistled over the grasses of the vast plain, dancing round and round, twirling.  The wind danced to a tune with no sound.
Then the younger wombear popped up, emerging completely from it's home.  It took a few nervous twitches of it's nose before it came forward and took the food, staring up at the stranger.
What was this, then?

---

The wombear shook it's head sharply back and forth to the point it looked like he might really hurt himself.
"No, no, home isn't safe.  It's the safest thing I know, safer then out here,"
He looked around nervously, searching the skies for predators.
"Is your home much safer then out here?"

---

Too late, the wombear was running again, but it soon turned around.  It bared it's fangs but it seemed entertained, excited even.  He'd never taken on something as big as a dalma.
This would be fun.

---

Timber was surprised, but she wasn't about to show it.  She stood there quietly, looking at the matches, still glaring.
"So are you just here to catch a wombear, or what?"
Huh?  Well it sounded kind of angry... and curious and maybe, no, couldn't be.  Well, the wombear seemed interested.  Interested in the matches or the prospect of leaving?  Hard to say but it seemed... promising?

---

(( Storm air isn't "Smooth", really.  It's crackling with electricity and stuff is fluctuating.  Pretty sure, anyway. ))
The wombear fiddled with it's hands a moment longer.  Then a sudden interrest in it's own paws against the darkening sky.
"Hands are curious.  They are tools we rarely appreciate, yes?" That same grin.
"Ah, your home.  Hmm, while the offer is rather tempting I think that I should not.  I assume that this would be a sort of... contract?  I'd go with you and be a sort of..." the wombear again pursed his dark lips, "pet?"

(( Sorry the replies are so short. ))
Season in Effect: None
Activity: Active, awaiting hunts.
Most Recent Dossier: Lost Guardians
Discovered Pet Count: 40.9%

Please don't PM me without a good reason, otherwise I'll just ignore you!
.:Random Event 2:.
Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Keystones: 883
Donate

Postby Cookie » 01/22/2009 9:42 AM

Esdras smiled, he carefully took his hand away, pulling off another piece of the fruit bar. Just as carefully as before he sat it down beside the young wombear, then sat another piece on the ground for the mother. "You still hungry young one?" he asked, half not expecting an answer back, but his voice was low and calm. "What's going to happen to your home when it rains?" he asked, still not really expecting any kind of answer back. He said there and stared at the little wombear now, keeping one of the fruit bars in his hand for when they finished the pieces that he had given them. "Do you have a name?"
Cookie
Pets | Items

Postby Dragon4Life » 01/22/2009 11:51 AM

Slaughter stopped himself from smiling as the Wombear beared its teeth at him. He chased it, realising that this Wombear liked to fight for fun. Well, even if it wasn't for fun, he would still fight.
~Era'Za and Lia~
Image Image
Sanctus Espiritus, redeem us from our solemn hour.
Sanctus Espiritus, insanity is all around us.
Sanctus Espiritus...

~ Image ~ Image ~ Image ~ Image ~
Lyrics from Our Solem Hour by Within Temptation
Dragon4Life
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1121
Donate

Postby Celtic » 01/22/2009 2:45 PM

Home. Was it safer? Of course! Didi thought happily. She had a firm new roof that had a 20 year warranty, her cabin was freshly built on stable land in the forest. Also, Didi knew how to take care of the predators that came near, when there were any.

"Much safer then here, I'd say. Generally no predators come around and if they do I know how to get rid of them, I just got a new roof, and had the stability checked last week! All is safe and sound." The joyous quiksylph exclaimed, a new hope glimmering in her. Besides, she finally figured out that the wombear was a guy indeed, it was odd thinking of him only as an 'it.'

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's
in love and flowers pick themselves

- e. e. cummings

[ Z o o P e n ][ W i s h l i s t ]
Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 199
Donate

Postby AmberGlaze » 01/22/2009 4:31 PM

Rayne couldn't tell if the WomBear was truly interested or not. She had just poured her heart out to Timber...but she didn't know of the animal's capability to actually care. However, she felt better, but not as better as she could. At Timber's question, Rayne blushed. She hadn't hoped the critter would be able to catch on (Then again, Timber was no ordinary WomBear.)

"Well, okay ready for me to pour some more out? My best friend, Clip, left me. I mean, he had some family business to do and insisted in would be too dangerous for me even though he knows I love a good adventure. So right now I'm just in need of a friend. I'm not doing this because my owner's want one so badly or some other reason like that...but because I'm quite lonely without my only true friend. I was hoping you'd come with me...but I can see you don't quite trust me."

At the very thought of having to leave here with no one to go on adventures with, a tiny tear came to Rayne's beady little eye, but she blinked it away quickly. Goodness, why had Clip left?
ImageImageImageImage
With us, there is no such thing as individulaity...

ImageImage
AmberGlaze
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items

Postby .:Random Event 2:. » 01/22/2009 8:51 PM

The little wombears cheeks were full to bursting.  Beady little eyes starring up into the mans face before it shrugged it's tiny shoulders, tiny paws facing palm up. It didn't know what the rain might do and the name question remained unanswered.  It was, after all, rude to speak with your mouth full.

The mother popped up once again to grab the food left on the ground and was gone again (but not before giving her child a quick, angry, glare).  Seemed the kid was willing to give the man a chance with his fate.  The mother, on the other hand, planned to stay out and weather the storm.
(( Yay! Man we've been RPing eons, seems you tamed one of them, though. I'll give you one post to leave.  I'll PM you ASAP. ^___^ ))

---

Feeling that the two were well into this game of chase the wombear spun around and lept at the dalma, hoping to take the dog-like creature by surprise.  How proud his family would be when he told them the creature he'd taken on.  There was excitement in it's small eyes, the thrill of the fight.

---

Ah, the roof was stable?  He thought of his own home and how weak it was when it rained hard.  His attention returned to the sky, a drop of rain hitting him squarely on the nose.
"Oh it sounds... nice, very nice... Safe, safe is good..."  He paused, thinking (and fidgetting) before suddenly asking.
"Could I try your home?  Maybe?" it shivered, "I mean, I'd hate to impose," another quick scan of the sky and ground, almost twisting his head right around to check behind him.
"If you'd rather not I understand," the voice wavered, faltered.

---

Timber glared, seemingly not moved in anyway by this display of emotion.
"Well atleast he had a valid reason," the wombear looked away a moment.  She didn't seem keen on delving further into what she'd meant.  Had she lost a friend, too?
"Well.... " she looked up at the air, "I suppose knowing more on... birds," the word said with obvious distaste, "wouldn't be a bad thing..."
She sounded rather undecided though.  A quick glance at the opening to her home seemed to confirm her unease.

(( As a note I am NOT opening the slot that just opened. So it is NOT open.  It might open randomly or it might remain closed. Who knows? ))

Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Dragon4Life » 01/23/2009 3:50 AM

Slaughter this time, was caught by surprise. He thrashed his head back and forth and smacked the Wombear with his paws. He was no longer thinking about taming this one right now, right now he would just fight.
~Era'Za and Lia~
Image Image
Sanctus Espiritus...

Dragon4Life
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Cookie » 01/23/2009 8:18 AM

( XD Yeah, Eons to get a little wombear to trust you. Thanks so much. I really had fun.)

Esdras picked the little Wombear up "Well, we have to find you a name little one." he said, now letting the little wombear have a fruit bar. The whole one, and let it hold the bar itself. "Hmm.. so about that name.. you seem like a Adiva, do you like that name?" he asked, now laying a fruit bar down by the hole for the mother and picking his bookbag up to leave. "Where do you want to go first? Maybe we can just go home first, get you some food and let you get some rest and then we will set out somewhere." he said, stroking the little wombear's head.

(Good luck everyone else)
Cookie
Pets | Items

Postby Celtic » 01/23/2009 2:48 PM

Didi giggled, "Oh, its not a problem! Besides it gets quite lonely when its just me and myself. The festive quiksylph was nearly bursting with joy, it was looking like she would be taking home a wombear! Oh! THis was just so exciting! But, Didi would have to ease the information in before she started introducing the shy little thing, it didn't seem very socially stable so it was just best to keep it with her untill he got used to his new surroundings.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AmberGlaze » 01/23/2009 6:58 PM

Rayne gulped. She was so close, but yet so far! How could she convince the WomBear to come home with her if it longed for it's home? Time to take evasive action.

"Well, at my Pen you'd love it there! There are...four, five six other bears there too! You'd make lots of friends, because there are plenty of pets there just like you! And I'd take you all over, I mean, don't you get a little tired of the Plains sometimes? Wouldn't you like to come with me to Jawan and Lambastia? And Petal could recreate your burrow home just for you with her magic. You'd love it! And of course, I would take you back here to come visit your family..." She said, bombarding Timber with all of her offers.

What now? She had done all she could...right? Oh, wait...there was something else.

"And we would never feed you that Human Pet Food like they try to pass off to us. I know I'm kind of an airhead, but we'd be great friends! Please..."
ImageImageImageImage
With us, there is no such thing as individulaity...

ImageImage
AmberGlaze
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items

Postby Lunasa » 01/23/2009 9:40 PM

Chikai smiled slightly. That was not quite what she meant. I wouldn't use the word pet. Companion would be a better word. Words, specifically, word meanings were important to her. Change one word and the entire sentence meaning changes. Of course, some would call that quibbling. She smiled again. This was most certainly going to be an interesting... partnership. Maybe friendship. They would see.
Me ne freggo - The Blackshirts

Home Sweet Home
Avatars by hyuroi, lachrimaavon, tablo, volkner, and mizzsheldon
Lunasa
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 56
Donate
Location: That place between light and dark where madness grows

Postby .:Random Event 2:. » 01/28/2009 3:21 PM

The wombear was smacked around a few times before being able to roll with one hit and escape the dalma.  It stood up angrily, breathing hard.  The fur all of it's body stood on end and the rumble of the clouds over head made the image pretty ominous in itself.  It's back was hunched forward, claws ready to rip and tear.  It looked like a very very tiny bear.
Then it fell over on it's side.
Still breathing hard, still angry as ever but unable to fight (The wombear is unable to battle! Ash wins!) but still wanting to.  It had been defeated, yes.  How could he get better? Learn from the best.  Comparative to other fighters the dalma wasn't "the best", but to the wombear he was.  It was then decided, by the small fighter, that he would go with this Dalma.

((I'll send the wombear over in a PM in a moment. X3;; Or two moments. XD;;; ))

---

The wombear looked hopeful and happy.  Seems that he'd get a nice, safe home.  The sky growled at him and he cowered a little. Perfect timing.
"Alright, I'll go with you. The sky is angry and I don't want to be here when it decides the fight against the ground,"
What a strange thing to say.

(( I'll send this wombear along as well~))

---

"Just because I'm a womBEAR," the creature snapped suddenly, "Doesn't mean I'd fit in with other BEARS!" her fur stood on end angrily.  This bird knew nothing about her and already she was lumping her in with other pets at her home.  Of course the vast plains were boring, but they were safe.  Of course she wanted to travel but she wouldn't tell this... this bird that.
"And I'm perfectly capable at making my own home, thank you VERY much!"

Okay so maybe that hadn't gone quite as planned.

---

The lips remained pursed as the wombear thought.
"Companion... So not friends... I would have no loyalty to you then, is that right?  I suppose I could always leave home on my own, but this may be more productive to my studies,"
Whatever he studied he didn't mention.  Maybe he didn't study anything.  Maybe he just made up what he said as he went along?  It seemed possible.
That unsettling grin again, "Shall we go then?"

(( Whee another wombear to send out. Because I'm sending out three wombear it may take some time to send them out.  Patience is a virtue. All the slots are closed and you guys have one post to clear out. AmberGlaze is still here. ))

Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Lunasa » 01/28/2009 3:39 PM

We'll see, won't we. With that, Chikai caught a breeze, and started the glide home. The wombear followed her, making its way between the grasses. Soon, they both disappeared from sight, going who knows where.
Me ne freggo - The Blackshirts

Home Sweet Home
Avatars by hyuroi, lachrimaavon, tablo, volkner, and mizzsheldon
Lunasa
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 56
Donate
Location: That place between light and dark where madness grows

Postby Dragon4Life » 01/28/2009 4:09 PM

((Yay! I've had such a great time, and this will be a great wombear! Good luck to you all~))
Slaughter smiled at the Wombear. "Come, I will teach you. You are a good fighter. I shall name you Extraho Trucido," Slaughter stated. Ex nodded, and pulled himself up, and shook himself down. Slaughter begain to walk out of where all the wombear where, Ex following.
~Era'Za and Lia~
Image Image
Sanctus Espiritus...

Dragon4Life
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 01/28/2009 4:23 PM

Didi looked at the wombear dumbfounded. Y-you'll really come with me? She uttered, ignoring its previous odd statement. The wombear just nodded shakily in response, still a bit unsure about leaving his much loved home. Didi just looked shocked when she picked up the tiny thing, and fluttered on home, daydreaming.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate