A wide open area of flat, grassy land and rocky trenches, supposedly a wide range of ancient civilizations once lived here. Species that like wide, open areas, such as Gyrophants, Serraptors, and Sahound, thrive here, though only the agile survive. (+3 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Vast Plains

Re: WHOA! That's a LOT of wombear!

Postby Cookie » 01/10/2009 8:58 AM

Esdras walked through the Vast Plains, it seemed something was going on that looked like the pets might be playing whack-a-mole. How fun. He needed something to make him feel better, someone had spilled orange juice on his favorite shirt! He had to wash it and it still didn't come out. So he used one of Amadour's shirts for now.. or was it Cordial's? He had no clue. He just found a clean shirt in the laundry room. So he walked towards one of these holes and looked at the strange man that looked a bit.. off... to say the least. "So um.. do I hit one of those things when it pops up?" he asked, dumbfounded and quite amused by this 'game' that he thought was going on. But a mole creature didn't pop out of the hole he had, so he stuck his paw in the hole, feeling around for one of those plump little creatures that people had seemed so interested in.. how dumb of him. Most of the time he wasn't this... utterly retarded.. but he must have watched too much cartoons today with the little kids and fried his brain temporarily. "Are you sure there are some moles in here?" Esdras said. Oh no. He had just called them moles.. who would he make mad today?

{Bad post but its morning.. XD}
Cookie
Pets | Items

Postby Lunasa » 01/10/2009 11:14 AM

A little white head popped up over the grass. It looked around, seeing what was happening. Then it saw the little group of pets. What were they doing? She launched off, powerful hind legs pushing her into the air. The flaps of skin on her side caught the air, hanging her in place. She caught a warm updraft and went speeding towards the group. She glided down, landing by a rather small, brightly colored creature. She shrugged, her creamy white tail flicking behind her. So they were hunting wombear? Well, she would join in then. She had a little dark satchel hooked over the bony spikes protruding from her shoulders. Ah, how convinient that little adaptation was. From it she pulled a small nut, then retreated a little. She find one. She slitted her ruby eyes when the sun moved from behind a cloud. It was too bright. She slipped further into the grass, where her eyes were shielded. Besides, there might be some wombear further from the group. She kept them in sight, waiting for something to happen.

C:1
Me ne freggo - The Blackshirts

Home Sweet Home
Avatars by hyuroi, lachrimaavon, tablo, volkner, and mizzsheldon
Lunasa
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 56
Donate
Location: That place between light and dark where madness grows

Postby Celtic » 01/10/2009 11:21 AM

Didi heard teh poor creature's nervous and scared voice, and backed away from it. Oh dear. I do believe I have frightened you! Don't worry though, I'm not here to eat you or anyone for that matter. The quiksylph sounded as comforting and as calm as she could, Didi really didn't want this poor thing to think of her as scary.

Sympathetic, and desperate to at leaste see the creature before it ran away, Didi pulled off her backpack, unzipped it, and pulled out a half of a piece of bread with peanut butter. Now you sweet what-ever-you-are, if you would please come out, I would greatly enjoy a picnic with you. No, that doesn't mean I'm going to eat you. I brought sandwiches instead. Didi's voice rang affectionately at the unseen creature, doing her best not to frighten it, but still she couldn't help thinking it wrong that anything was afraid of her, a small little Quiksylph, and  festive one at that!

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's
in love and flowers pick themselves

- e. e. cummings

[ Z o o P e n ][ W i s h l i s t ]
Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 199
Donate

Postby Maelstrom » 01/10/2009 4:12 PM

(Had a great time, RE2. Kudos on being able to think up all those unique wombear, and thanks for the spirit-gophers, er wombear. I really don't think I'll be able to convince Pictor that they are wombear.)

If Pictor had eyebrows, they would have risen to his hairline. The spirit-gophers were greatly enthused by his playing! Now he knew what they wanted; they wanted to share their music genius with the unenlightened world, and they wanted him to help! He would lead them out of the plains, and introduce their talent to civilization.

The three made a very odd picture as they paraded out of the plains: the tall Aries with his fluttering trinket-strings followed by a pair of short, squat, rather adorable wombear. Pictor still played a little tune on the spirit-gopher beloved whistle, and the spirit-gophers chattered and whistled counter-harmony, while the trinkets that jangled with the Aries' steps kept the beat. Anyone in the area who came to investigate the noise could only watch in bemused admiration as the little parade faded into the distance.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

Maelstrom
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 602
Donate
Location: The Ladies' Anarchist Sewing Circle and Terrorist Association

Postby AmberGlaze » 01/10/2009 4:16 PM

Rayne’s heart did a silent flip as the WomBear responded to her. Although it was only a short sentence, if you could even call it that, it was still a response. Rayne knew that the WomBear didn’t exactly love her right now, but was determined to change that. Let’s see, now that the WomBear had given her a response, it was time to bring it up a notch. An introduction might be useful here. Taking a breath, she continued a smile and extended a wing slowly.

“My name is Rayne. I’m not from around here, I live in a Pen not too far away from here. What’s your name?” She asked, waiting for the WomBear to shake her wing. (Sorry, that’s an awkward sentence.) This whole time, Rayne hadn’t noticed the WomBear’s constant gaze, but her mother had always taught her it was polite to maintain eye contact. So her beady eyes remained on the seemingly grumpy WomBear.
ImageImageImageImage
With us, there is no such thing as individulaity...

ImageImage
AmberGlaze
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items

Postby MillietheWarrior » 01/10/2009 5:27 PM

"Yes, my little friend," the Gallizar said heroically. "A search and adventure for chocolate awaits us." He scooped the little bear creature up onto his back, making sure it was settled. "Well head off to Jawan, and we'll find that chocolate. And probably some fruit too." He seemed excited at the prospect. He glanced about and noticed others bumbling off with success and some without. Seems he was one of the lucky ones. "Now, onto the chocolate!" he said, pointing ahead and marching off. My, what an exciting day.

[6]

((Thanks a bunch, RE2. This is the first wild animal I've ever gotten! Really appreciate it. Adios everyone!))

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby .:Random Event 2:. » 01/11/2009 1:52 AM

The wombear ran off and all was silent for a time, or almost silent.  The wind rolled above, shaping the ever darkening clouds that looked ready to spill all the water they held at any moment. Then it was back will an arm load of small pebbles that it tossed at the slaughter dalma, one by one as it laughed.

---

Sharp little needles bit into his skin, over and over with fierce intensity.  Whatever was down there wasn't to keen on having a hand in it's home.  It stopped, it's angry squeaks muffled because the opening to it's home was blocked by large hand.  Why?  Why did things feel they could just stick their body parts into other peoples homes?  It was just rude.  Very, very rude.

---

(( It's not sunny ))
So far the wombears were keeping low.  The air was heavy with an oncoming storm and the wombear probably weren't too keen on getting soaked.  They probably were getting ready for a lot of rain.

---

The scared little creature kept to it's hole, nervous to retreat outside of it.
"Why... Why would you arrange a picnic on such an awful day?  it's so cloudy and stormy.  Can't you feel it?  aren't you scared?" it asked, poking it's head out.

It's face was almost as dark as it's home.  Nervously it glanced around.  When it felt safe that it was just itself and the quicksylph it relaxed... a little, anyway.

---

The suspicious eyes darted to the extended wing, then straight back to the matches face.  She didn't take the wing, frowning.
"Timber,"
Again the answer was short, curt.  It'd be tough to start a conversation with this stubborn wombear.

(( Sorry the posts are short, and lame...  And if I'm not consistent with gender, that means I have no clue what gender you wombear could be.  Erm... yah. ))
Season in Effect: None
Activity: Active, awaiting hunts.
Most Recent Dossier: Lost Guardians
Discovered Pet Count: 40.9%

Please don't PM me without a good reason, otherwise I'll just ignore you!
.:Random Event 2:.
Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Keystones: 883
Donate

Postby Dragon4Life » 01/11/2009 4:47 AM

Slaughter yelped in pain as the pebbles hit him. He backed away slightly. All his mind was screamed bite it bite bite bite bite! But he knew if he did, it would run away and he would never catch one. Sighing, he did the only thing he could. Throw the pebbles back.
~Era'Za and Lia~
Image Image
Sanctus Espiritus, redeem us from our solemn hour.
Sanctus Espiritus, insanity is all around us.
Sanctus Espiritus...

~ Image ~ Image ~ Image ~ Image ~
Lyrics from Our Solem Hour by Within Temptation
Dragon4Life
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1121
Donate

Postby Cookie » 01/11/2009 9:52 AM

Esdras yelped, he kept it low as he bit his lip. He pulled his paw out quickly, trying to look in the hole but making sure to keep his face a good distance away. He could hear someone say that it was a wombear thing or something like that. And they didn't seem to be whacking them.. they were.. taking them home. How odd. Esdras's paw was still a bright red but he ignored it "Anyone down there?" he asked quietly now a rumbling sound from above striking back his attention. Maybe he could take one home. He didn't have much friends or anything and it would be nice to have someone to talk to wether they listened to him or not. He looked back down to the hole. "What's you name little wombear?" he asked, knowing that it was probably a wombear that had stuck him with the sharp needles and something had made a sound. "Sorry I put my hand in your home.. I just wanted to see you. I- uh.. have food if you want some.. Fruit bars.. maybe some soda too if you like that.." he mentioned now putting his book bag down beside him and rummaging through it. "See!?" He pulled out a fruit bar, taking the wrapper off and pulling a small chunk of it off and set it down by the opening. "My name is Esdras..." he mentioned now looking around, watching to see if and when it was going to rain and then back down to the hole. "I'm not sure if you like soda.. I have water too, but it seems like there is about to be plenty of that around.." Esdras looked over to some pet that was leaving with a wombear on its back, he wondered if his owner would mind if he took one home. "Hey. If you want to.. I have this pen far away from here. Its pretty big and you could have your own room.. heck.. we have a small enough family you could probably have your own hall." Esdras laughed a little at this but calmed down as he looked around, this was the wombears home were it could dig, would it want to leave? "If you like, we have plenty of room were you can dig holes.. and we have cartoons." Esdras said cartoons like a child who had never watched cartoons but knew the wonders.
Cookie
Pets | Items

Postby Celtic » 01/11/2009 12:00 PM

Well, right now I'm hungry, so thats one reason for a picnic, and I really had no way of knowing that it is going to rain! Well, I am a bit scared of thunderstorms, cause their so loud. But you, you're lucky little guy to have a nice and safe hole to hide in when it rains. Didi explained happily. This particular wombear was just adorable! Its round little face, and no wonder she couldn't see the little thing, it was really the same color as that dark hole.

Pulling out a sandwich for herself, peanut butter and jelly, Didi finally introduced herself to the seemingly shy wombear. Oh! I forgot to introduce myself, I'm Didi, at leaste thats my nickname! She giggled at her nickname, it did sound funny afterall. Didi then, trying not to spoil the sandwich with her drips she pushed a half of a sandwhich towards the wombear.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's
in love and flowers pick themselves

- e. e. cummings

[ Z o o P e n ][ W i s h l i s t ]
Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 199
Donate

Postby Lunasa » 01/11/2009 4:19 PM

Chikai sighed, moving back towards the clearing. This tactic wasn't working, Stashing her food back in the satchel, she looked up at the sky. It was filled with ominous clouds, it looked like a storm was coming. She fluffed her fur out slightly, grumbling to herself. I hate getting wet. She had said this a little louder than she had wished. She flicked her tail in irritation. So far, this wasn't looking like a good day.

The little Drakel glanced about and sighed. She hoped to get a wombear. She shook her head. There was still time! It wasn't as if there were no more of them running about. Just then, her stomach rumbled quietly. She rummaged through the dark satchel, funally pulling out a piece of bread. Perfect! Chikai looked around. Where was someplace she could sit and eat? She spotted a rock and smiled. That was just what she needed! She padded over and scrabbled up the rock. Ah, now she could see everything. With a final flick of her tail, she sat down and started to eat.

C:2
Me ne freggo - The Blackshirts

Home Sweet Home
Avatars by hyuroi, lachrimaavon, tablo, volkner, and mizzsheldon
Lunasa
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 56
Donate
Location: That place between light and dark where madness grows

Postby AmberGlaze » 01/11/2009 4:26 PM

Rayne continued to let her wing extend into mid-air, before retreating it back ackwardly. Goodness, this seemed hopeless. Patience Rayne. She thought. I wouldn't be to trusting to a stranger either. Wow, what a lie. Rayne was way too trusting. In fact, she could spill out her whole life story to someone while waiting in line at the market. Rayne took a talon and scratched her beak, stalling for some time for the Wombear to say more. But all it did say was that it's name was Timber. Timber. That was a beautiful name, and if it helped she'd tell the WomBear so.

"I love that name, Timber. May I call you Timber?"

Rayne didn't wait for the WomBear to respond before she rambled on.

"Well, Timber, you can call me Ray or Rayne, because others call me both."

My my, what to say next? Introductions were already covered, but Rayne felt her stomach rumble. Ah yes, there was a good question.

"Timber, would you like something to eat?" She asked, eyeing the sweet berries she had gotten earlier.
ImageImageImageImage

ImageImage
AmberGlaze
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items

Postby .:Random Event 2:. » 01/17/2009 5:48 AM

(( Sorry this is being posted so many days after the last post.  RE2 is probably the user furthest from being perfect.  But I'm posting now because I'm amazing like that. {And I've dedicated myself to this thread, however long it may last} ))

The wombear danced around the pebbles that were thrown at it, very much enjoying this game.  One grey pebble caught the wombear right to it's stomach and it fell over, looking dazed.  It gasped, the pebble doing more damage to it then it could to the larger dalma.  Starring up into the continually darker sky the wombear seemed to relax a little.  Enough to think past the usual instinctual stuff, to just... absorb.  To others though it would look as if the little creature was dead.  Even it's breathing had gone from the quick hyperdrive of an over excited rodent to something slower; calmer.

---

The creature in the hole remained silent.  Whether it was listening or had just left all together was not made clear until the fruit bar offering had been made.  One moment there was a chunk of fruit bar, the next moment there wasn't.  Pretty easy to figure out, with twitchy creatures such as the wombear.

Obviously it had remained near the opening of the hole, but had it listened to what he'd said?  Hard to say, whatever was down there made no sound, did not answer any of the questions.

Not to far off an inquisitive wombear face popped up, looking at the man from his right side.  It twitched it's head side to side, trying to get the best view he could of the man.  The wombear looked young and not as rough as many of the other inhabitants who had lived longer, had suffered more.

From the hole that had stolen the fruit bar popped up a quick flash of wombear that growled and made generally angry noises at the other wombear who quickly disappeared, looking scared.  The older wombear glarred at the man and it then seemed suddenly very clear that this was a mother wombear and the other, younger wombear was her child.

---

"Well," it started, shaking nervously, " I hope it's not to rude of me to say, but don't you all have ways to predict weather?  And and, usually... Usually somebody here can feel when it's going to rain.  And many of the other creatures who pass through the vast plains will also know with your modern technologies,"
The creature continued to speak, faster and faster until it became almost pure gibberish unless you really strained to hear.  It stopped then, shaking and looking around.
"It's not all that safe, really.  When it rains a very large ammount some of the tunnels flood.  That hasn't happened for awhile though," the wombear glanced up quickly, covering it's neck defensively with it's paws before looking back at the sylph, "it seems to me we're due for another and and... Well the clouds are rather... full, looking... anyway,"

---

"What kind of storm is always in a rush?" asked a voice, sounding curious and a little excited at the same time.  The voice came from a rather slim looking wombear, maybe one that didn't eat much.  He (or She) had an odd, maybe not entirely sane look about them.

---

Timber wondered if she could rein Rayne in.  The play on words (or whatever you would call it) forced a smile to the wombears lips, which forced her to bare her fangs.  The smile wasn't looking pleasant, though the intent was never meant to be exactly pleasant anyway.
"And what, exactly does a bird like you eat?  Did you pack bird seed or something?"
The tone was rude, sharp, meant to inflict pain.  Yah, great wombear to make friends with.
Season in Effect: None
Activity: Active, awaiting hunts.
Most Recent Dossier: Lost Guardians
Discovered Pet Count: 40.9%

Please don't PM me without a good reason, otherwise I'll just ignore you!
.:Random Event 2:.
Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Keystones: 883
Donate

Postby Dragon4Life » 01/17/2009 9:54 AM

Slaughter bit his lip as the pebble hit the Wombear in the bellt. He walked over to it slowly and loudly, so that it could hear him. "Are you ok?" he barked, scared he had hurt it. He tilted his head and sat down in front of him.
~Era'Za and Lia~
Image Image
Sanctus Espiritus, redeem us from our solemn hour.
Sanctus Espiritus, insanity is all around us.
Sanctus Espiritus...

~ Image ~ Image ~ Image ~ Image ~
Lyrics from Our Solem Hour by Within Temptation
Dragon4Life
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1121
Donate

Postby AmberGlaze » 01/17/2009 2:20 PM

Rayne shivered slightly as the WomBear bared its teeth, and for a moment she was frightened by the WomBear. Would this WomBear hurt me? She asked herself, half of her wanting to run away. But no, she wouldn't give up this easily. Rayne wasn't one to run away from problems, she was the type to solve them head on. And this WomBear wasn't gonna give in so easily. That's good. She thought, trying to believe it. I always like a good challenge. And boy is this WomBear a challenge. As the WomBear asked her about bird seed, she grimaced.

"Bird seed? Yuck, I hate that! I don't understand why humans designate food for Wild Creatures when they have no idea what we truly like!" She spat, anger causing her to shiver.

Thankfully, Petal, master of the Earth always knew what she wanted.

"However Timber, if you are hungry, I would be happy to fetch you a tasty berry? Or, actually, what do you prefer? I do love many fruits, and sweets, but please let me here what satifies your tastebuds."

Couldn't Timber see she was trying. But hey, nothing it life comes so easily anway.
ImageImageImageImage

ImageImage
AmberGlaze
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items

PreviousNext