A wide open area of flat, grassy land and rocky trenches, supposedly a wide range of ancient civilizations once lived here. Species that like wide, open areas, such as Gyrophants, Serraptors, and Sahound, thrive here, though only the agile survive. (+3 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Vast Plains

Re: WHOA! That's a LOT of wombear!

Postby Celtic » 01/17/2009 3:20 PM

If the quicksylph was made of more solid material, she would've bit her lip. It seems that I've managed to frighten the poor thing... She thought, and desperately fought in her head for calming words. Ah ha! I know just the thing! Didi smiled to herself, as seh then spoke, Shh.. Calm down! It doesn't look like it'll rain for at leaste a half hour, dear. Didi started, attempting to calm the wombear before she proposed her idea.

Now, those flood threats don't sound very comforting to live in these parts with that constant danger whenever it rains. So, what do you say about coming to live with me in my home? It was a bit of a stretch, and Didi didn't really think she worded it right. I mean that you could come live in my house because it's above ground and it has never flooded before in the rain, and it would be nice to have a companion with me. It gets awfully lonely in there without someone. Didi's words were rushed as well, and she paused. Oh wonderful! Now it'll never want to come with me!

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's
in love and flowers pick themselves

- e. e. cummings

[ Z o o P e n ][ W i s h l i s t ]
Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 199
Donate

Postby Lunasa » 01/17/2009 3:31 PM

"What kind of storm is always in a rush?" a voice asked, curiosity and excitement tinging it. Chikai turned, who had asked that? A wombear, apparently. She pondered the question. The pale Drakel set her food down, thinking of the answer to the riddle. Well, let's see. She sat there a minute or two, pondering the question. She had always liked riddles. She guessed it came from being part dragon. Then it clicked. Or at least she thought it did. Couldn't hurt to guess, could it? A hurry-cane? A fun play on words, in her opinion.

She eyed the wombear. Are you hungry? Cause I have some extra food. She rummaged around in her bag, pulling out a piece of fruit. Chikai held it out the creature, hoping she didn't scare it away. Well, only time would tell. By the way, I'm Chikai.

C:3
Me ne freggo - The Blackshirts

Home Sweet Home
Avatars by hyuroi, lachrimaavon, tablo, volkner, and mizzsheldon
Lunasa
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 56
Donate
Location: That place between light and dark where madness grows

Postby .:Random Event 2:. » 01/17/2009 7:44 PM

The wombear, still earily calm, stared up at the dalma.  He liked this creature thing, it wasn't scared to fight back.  Lots of trainers came here looking for wombear.  Whenever he popped up he abused them, stole their food and they LET him!  They let him thinking he might like them.  HA!  That is no kind of challenge.  But of course, thinking over these things that didn't mean the wombear wanted a trainer.  No, he really liked the wild and it'd take more then a toss of a pebble to convince him other wise.

---

Well well well, seemed the little Matches had a bit of fire inside aswell as outside (referring to those flaming wings, of course).  Well then, perhaps there was more to avians then meets the eyes, though Timber was still not to inclined to trust it.  Besides being a bird it was also trying to take her away from her home, that she knew.  Trainers sent pets here to catch wombears all the time.  She wouldn't be one of them, she was sure.
"I have no reason to trust any food you might offer me, so I think I'm going to say no."

---

The wombear twitched and flinched while the quicksylph spoke.  He was overly nervous but the prospect of leaving these dangerous tunnels seemed to catch the wombears attention.
"I've never liked the tunnels you know.  T-too dangerous if you ask me, I've n-n-never been a fan of them.  Are you sure I could?"
He looked back up at the clouds, still covering his neck.
"They're ready to burst at any moment,"

---

The wombear grinned, showing off it's needle sharp teeth.  It was rather creepy, to be honest.
"Why yes, you are correct.  You're rather clever My Dear, what brings you to the Vast Plains?" it didn't seem to keen on blinking it's eyes either, still smiling as it spoke. When offered food though it pursed it's dark lips.
"No thank you, My Dear, I'm full; stuffed even,"
Season in Effect: None
Activity: Active, awaiting hunts.
Most Recent Dossier: Lost Guardians
Discovered Pet Count: 40.9%

Please don't PM me without a good reason, otherwise I'll just ignore you!
.:Random Event 2:.
Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Keystones: 883
Donate

Postby Cookie » 01/17/2009 8:59 PM

Esdras blinked "I wasn't going to hurt your child.." he said, pulling anouther peice of the fruit bar off "It looked hungry... I have more food in my bag if you need it." he mentioned now settling down anouther peice of the bar down by the hole, careful too keep his hands away from the wombear itself. "You look a little hungry too.. I have enough food for the two of you. That is.. if you want it." his voice was low, trying not to scare off the wombears. He had noticed how small the young wombear had been, how it looked like it was less plump then the others. "I don't mean you any harm.."

(Sorry I was so late)
Cookie
Pets | Items

Postby .:Random Event 2:. » 01/17/2009 10:35 PM

The food disappeared just as fast as before.  When it was all gone the mother popped her back up, her child trying to wiggle and worm it's way up enough just to see.  She had other plans though, scolding her child and trying to push it back into the safety of their home.  Obviously she didn't have much faith in those above ground to not hurt her baby.  The distrust was definitely something that needed to be overcome.

Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Cookie » 01/18/2009 12:59 AM

Esdras smiled as the Wombear took the food. He pulled off another piece, but this time he layed it in his hand, his hand laying on the ground by the opening. "I'm not going to hurt you or your youngster." he cooed. "I simply want to help, if that's all you will let me do." he mentioned. He knew that trust took time, but by the look of the rolling clouds, time wasn't on his side. "There is plenty more of this food at my home, in my pen. No one there would hurt you or your child.. I wouldn't let them even if they tried." he said, his voice low. "I'm willing to help you if you need it.. if you will let me."
Cookie
Pets | Items

Postby Dragon4Life » 01/18/2009 4:52 AM

Slaughter smiled at the Wombear, he could see by the look he was giving him he wasn't hurt, just..calm. Odd, but he thought about himself. He was like that. He could get really worked up, and when he got hurt or whatever, he became calm. Maybe this Wombear was the same.
~Era'Za and Lia~
Image Image
Sanctus Espiritus, redeem us from our solemn hour.
Sanctus Espiritus, insanity is all around us.
Sanctus Espiritus...

~ Image ~ Image ~ Image ~ Image ~
Lyrics from Our Solem Hour by Within Temptation
Dragon4Life
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1121
Donate

Postby AmberGlaze » 01/18/2009 10:45 AM

Rayne's wings drooped, and she thought for a moment. There seemed to be a solution for this all.

"Okay, well if your hungry how about I bring you two berries. You pick the one to want, and I'll eat the other, so you know I'm not going to poison you." She said, smiling.

Before Timber could protest, Rayne hopped over to a tree, flew up slowly, grabbed two berries and fluttered back to the WomBear. She placed the two berries in front of Timber and then waited for the WomBear to make it's selection. She, of course, had no intention of poisoning the WomBear, but she was happy to do whatever possible to make it trust her. It was not too long, however, before the Matches had to ask a question.

"WomBear's are great at digging, correct? Well how long does it take you to make a burrow?" She asked, tilting her head in wonder.

Oh my, Classic Rayne.
ImageImageImageImage
With us, there is no such thing as individulaity...

ImageImage
AmberGlaze
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items

Postby Lunasa » 01/18/2009 4:35 PM

Chikai smiled back, this one was a good one. She rather liked this wombear. The smile didn't affect her, she imagined that there were greater things out there to creep her out. Ah, thank you. I am here, well to explore. I needed to get away from my home, for awhile. She shrugged at this. It didn't matter why she was out here, she was here now and that was what mattered.

The fruit remained untouched in her hand. It seemed that her new acquaintance did not want to eat. Well, no matter. She tucked the fruit back into her satchel. It might be needed later. She looked back at the wombear. He seemed quite... interesting. She couldn't wait to find out more about him. Her eyes flicked up to the sky quickly. Hm, she was always bad at reading the weather. Chikai quirked a smile at that, it didn't matter right now.

C:4

Home Sweet Home
Lunasa
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby .:Random Event 2:. » 01/19/2009 1:32 PM

The mother and child did not reappear for the food in the mans hand.  There was, however, much noise underground as the younger wombar tried to get out and get the food while the older tried to keep the younger safe from the dangers of those who lived above ground.  It might take some time and patience if he wanted them "eating out of his hand".

---

After another moment or two of quiet contemplation (something much deeper then most would expect from a violent little wombear) he jumped up, slashing at the dalma with his wicked sharp claws (something very much expected of a violent wombear).  He wasn't going down without a fight, though really the wombear had no idea what the dalma wanted from him.  This was a show of strengths, so far as the wombear was concerned.

---

Timber sat grumpily (and a little threateningly) as the matches arranged a safe way for the wombear to eat the food it was offering.  Timber knew enough about the local vegetation to know that these berries were, in fact, not poisonous.  But Timber was taking no chances with this, and doubted she'd even eat the berry offered to her.  She was about to pick the bigger berry for the matches to eat (maybe she'll choke on it) when the question was asked of her.
"..." She stared up at the avian, the wings and it didn't look like she'd reply for a very long time.
"A home burrow? Depends on the size of the family and what the earth is like.  We also use the old burrows dead or trained wombears had," she said, rolling the larger berry towards the matches.
"Why?"

---

"Ah, home.  Not to fond of home," he looked at the hole he'd popped up from, pursing his lips in distaste before looking back at the other and smiling.
"I'm rather tired of 'home'.  Home is safe and boring, but safe... But very very dull."
He smiled, "Strange that you would come to explore at my home.  I find it home and you find exploration.  Odd to think of, isn't?"
The smile turned into a grin and he was fiddling with his hands.  Almost ringing them in that classic bad-guy motion.  He could be a James Bond villian if he was bigger, anyway.

Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Cookie » 01/19/2009 3:57 PM

Esdras sat the food down on the ground, laying his hand down beside it so they got used to him. He looked away and waited for them to take the food. "Its okay little guys." he cooed, looking back down at the hole and then back away again. The storm was still treating to dump the water it held in the clouds, he felt sorry for the wombear who's home might be destroyed in the process.
Cookie
Pets | Items

Postby Celtic » 01/19/2009 7:27 PM

Didi sighed, but she wasn't going to give up quite yet. Ah; I can understand, you probebly feel safest in the tunnels, don't you? The quiksylph smiled at the wombear warmly.

Alrightie then, I guess a direct approach at this may not be the best... Hmph. Didi thought to herself as she awaited the wombear's reply to her question. So now, should I just converse, and get teh wombear to feel safe around her, and then just choose to come? Man! Was Didi getting confused as to how to go about this.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's
in love and flowers pick themselves

- e. e. cummings

[ Z o o P e n ][ W i s h l i s t ]
Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 199
Donate

Postby Dragon4Life » 01/20/2009 12:01 PM

Slaughter really wasn't expecting that. He lept back before howling angrly and leaping at the wombear. He really didnt want to do this, but if that was the Wombears game, then so be it.
~Era'Za and Lia~
Image Image
Sanctus Espiritus, redeem us from our solemn hour.
Sanctus Espiritus, insanity is all around us.
Sanctus Espiritus...

~ Image ~ Image ~ Image ~ Image ~
Lyrics from Our Solem Hour by Within Temptation
Dragon4Life
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1121
Donate

Postby AmberGlaze » 01/21/2009 6:48 PM

Rayne accepted the berry and hastily chewed and swallowed. Wow, this berry is actually quite good. I must fetch some for Petal to grow in her fruit garden. Rayne thought, her mind distracted momentarily. At the WomBear's reply, however, she attention immediatley snapped right back. Rayne caught her breath for a moment, wondering if the WomBear was being sarcastic or really into her answer. Deciding whether Timber cared or not she responded, her eyes on her talons.

"Well, I mean...okay here it is. Everyone always looks at a bird, or a Matches like me, and thinks, 'Wow, I'd love to be able to fly. They're so lucky.' And don't get me wrong, flying is quite fun, but being friends with a goddess of land, you start to wonder what it's like to just put away the wings and get down and dirty. I love playing in mud and stuff with my friends, but when I see people being able to dig and actually make small civilizations under there...it makes me kind of...kind of...jealous." She said, muttering the last part.

Strangely enough, Rayne meant every word. Her adventurous nature did make her want to be able to be both master of the sky and earth. But was it good of her to admit all of this to the grumpy WomBear?
ImageImageImageImage
With us, there is no such thing as individulaity...

ImageImage
AmberGlaze
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items

Postby Lunasa » 01/21/2009 7:45 PM

Chikai quirked a wry smile at that. Her home wasn't her favorite place, either. I can say the same for my home, sometimes. She looked in the general direction of home. Hm, how long had she been here? She shrugged slightly. She'd get back when she wanted to. She looked back at the wombear. A sly look entered her eyes, rather strange considering their ruby color. You should stop by my home sometime

She pulled out a small piece of fruit and bit into it, juice filling her mother. After chewing thoughtfully for a few moments, she looked at the wombear, swallowed, then smiled again. Well, my home is not your home and vice versa. It seems natural that we should go places we've never been. The fur of her tail was ruffled by the wind. The very air smelled of electricity and ozone. This was some of her favorite weather, just before a storm. Just after it as well. The air is so clean and smooth. She was tempted to take off now, but she didn't. This new "friend" of hers was too interesting.

C:5

Home Sweet Home
Lunasa
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext