A wide open area of flat, grassy land and rocky trenches, supposedly a wide range of ancient civilizations once lived here. Species that like wide, open areas, such as Gyrophants, Serraptors, and Sahound, thrive here, though only the agile survive. (+3 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Vast Plains

A Family Gathering? [Private Wombear Hunt]

Postby Redd » 04/05/2009 6:16 PM

(OOC: Mind if her brother tags along?)

ImageImage
Arkarna and Raum

The Vast Plains... who ever had thought of calling that, either didn't have a too sharp imagination, or wanted to make a point on just how vast these plains were.
It stretched to the north and south, as far as the eye could see, and not much life was visible, save for a few  Gyrophant and Leebra, making their slow way across the plains.

Two Lucain weaved their way through the sparse shrub. One was a creamy orange, with silver bandings on his legs and blue hearts over his eye, the other one, a female was a dusky blue, with orange ancient patterns, silver hearts over her eye and black bandings on her legs. Despite the color differences, one could see the two were siblings.
"Arkarna, why are we out her ag'in?" Raum sighed. "You never told me anythin'."
"Because." Arkarna considered the question."I just felt like it. Plus, there is someone we are supposed to meet."
"Who? You never mentioned anyone!"
"Some... relative? Step relative? It doesn't matter really." Arkarna blew the question off carelessly.
Raum sighed. Really, how could you find someone out here?

[1,1]

Stare in the darkness
Are you scared? Are you free?
I can be fair or a monster
Tell me now, which one do you need?

I can feel teeth tear into me
Rip me to pieces, rock me to sleep
I can feel eyes staring at me
Getting uneasy, ready to feed
I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 892
Donate

Re: A Family Gathering? [Private Wombear Hunt]

Postby Juniperstar45 » 04/06/2009 11:29 AM

.:Jeu:.

The oddly colored lucain twirled around childishly. He danced ad squealed when he tripped over a large rock. "Ow, dumb rock!" He yelled angrily. Pausing to get up and brush off his pelt, he smiled mischievously, "Alright, dumb rock, you're forgiven!" Jeu glanced up at the sun, his pelt slightly glittering and he smiled wider. Waving chaotically at the ball of fire in the sky, he screamed, "Hi SUN!" and jumped on the rock to get closer. His eyebrow cocked, and a frown was beginning to spread on his face, "I said, HI SUN!" Jeu waited impatiently, his paw tapping on the hard rock. Leaping off the rock and doing a flip in the air he stamped off crossly. He heard some friends talking to each other, or maybe even family members by the sound of it, and padded slowly across the hard cracked ground. Poking his head out of a shrub he squealed again, "Hi guys! Who are you?"

.:1:.
I watch you...fast asleep,

~*~*~

~*~*~Image~*~*~
~*~*~

All I fear...means nothing...

Avi made by Krypto~Lyrics by Utada Hikaru
Juniperstar45
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 880
Donate

Postby Redd » 04/06/2009 8:54 PM

Raum flicked his ears as the not-so-distant calling of another Lucain could be heard.
"Could tha' be tha' relative you were talkin' about?" Raum asked his sister.
Ark merely shrugged. "Could be."

Raum peered down at the pink-and-green lucain curiously, wagging his tails. "Ma name is Raum Halvardson. What's yours little one?"
He could see, that the small-hyper-lucain could somehow be a distant-family-relative. They all shared steel-grey-wingblades and heart-pelt-marks.
Arkarna gazed down at the lucain. "Were we supposed to meet you out here? I believe that is the case, yes? Anyway, my name is Arkarna, but most people call me Ark."

[2.2] Woo~ Short post xD

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Juniperstar45 » 04/06/2009 10:30 PM

Jeu cocked his head to the side and smiled, dimples popping out of his butter colored cheeks. "Hi, hi, hi~" He sung. "Wait, Halvard-son? Are you Halvard's son?" He giggled, his teeth glittering with a semi-smirk. "My daddy told me old a Lucain named Halvard, he was my daddy's daddy." He thought for a moment, "My Grandpa!" Jeu exclaimed excitedly. Then he turned to the female, "Yes, I was told to go out a PLAY!" He sucked in a deep breath. "I have a little too much energy right now, by the by, my name's Jeu." Lifting up three of his paws he balanced precariously on his front left paw.

.:2:.

((That's okay, mines shorter xD))

~*~*~

~*~*~Image~*~*~
~*~*~

Juniperstar45
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 04/08/2009 5:57 AM

Raum briskly jerked his head in a nod. "A-yup. Halvard's my father. Makes me your step uncle or somat like that." He tilted his head to the side. "But that makes me sound old, doesn't it?"

Arkarna raised her eyebrows and smiled at the younger one. Well, he wasn't too young compared to her. She was only about four years younger than him. Raum was two and a bit years younger than her, so those two were good companions, age-wise. "No, no~ Lots of energy is good." She said. "I was thinking of taking you two out a-hunting. Teach you all about the way of a lucain. You'll need your energy."
Raum nodded in agreement. "We gotta run, and sniff and explore!" He wagged his tails in excitement. Facade aside, he was just as playful as Jeu. Raum suddenly fell back upon his hindquarters and looked at Arkarna, his bright pink tongue lolling out of his mouth. "So Ark... what are we doing?"
Ark considered the question thoughtfully. "Hmm~ The first thing about hunting, is not to be seen of course. You gotta get down real low, and crawl along the ground, then you leap! But we gotta find something to do that with. You don't hurt the creature of course." She added that for Raum's sake. He hated hurting other creatures.
[3,3]

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Juniperstar45 » 04/10/2009 2:30 PM

Jeu giggled, "No..." He paused to look thoughtful, "Dat jus makes me sownd wike a wittle baby!" His cheeks inflated with air. He held it there for a moment and let out an exasperated sigh. He suddenly looked serious, "Good, energy is...GOOD!" He fell on the ground laughing. "Tehehe~" He got up and shook off his pelt, "I fooled you!" His expression changed again to a solemn look, "Okie dokie, let's go a-hunting!" Crouching playfully he eyed a huge beetle on an arid shrub. "Come to daddy...come on...just a little closer." He stuck his tan tongue out of his mouth in concentration. "Gotcha!" Yelling, he leapt into the air and the bug fluttered away, completely unharmed. "Darn..."  He giggled nonchalantly. Turning back to his half-family, he stood, or rather bounced, next to Raum. "Why? Can we just go hunt wittle buggies?" Jeu asked in his baby voice again.

.:3:.

~*~*~

~*~*~Image~*~*~
~*~*~

Juniperstar45
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 04/11/2009 6:53 AM

Raum knelt down beside the little-one, but rather a tiny-gold-scale-black-skink had caught his eye. He gathered his muscles up into a pounce but indeed missed. He returned back to Arkarna, tails wiggling happily and his tongue lolling out. Then another idea sprung into his head. He crouched down and pounced at Jeu. "Cause were hunting little Jeu's now!" He said giggling like Jeu.
Arkarna sat down on her haunches and watched them. This was more interesting than staying at home... But these two need amusement... And I'll lead them on a goose chase to give it to them!
"You know you two~ There is a creature called a wombear on this plain. They are shy and easily scared. You wanna go look for it?"
(Not much to work on I know~ :) I'm actually going away for the week, so don't be expecting a reply soon? Sorry about that P:)
[4,4]

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Juniperstar45 » 04/11/2009 1:10 PM

Jeu's eyes narrowed with concentration. He saw Ruam leap in the air but he was way too slow. Or maybe he just wasn't skilled, he couldn't be sure. Jeu's golden tan eyes flickered over to Ark then back to Ruam. All of a sudden he was on the ground and squirming. He giggled when he saw Ruam's face, "Hey! Stop it, quiet it!" He squealed under his step uncle. Turning around onto his belly, he adjusted his paws to flip Ruam off his back, "Take this Ruam!" He tumbled out fro under him and sat back up on his hunches in the blink of an eye. "Wombear? Let's go find one! I vote for Ruam to dig in all the holes." He waved his tail in spite of his sarcasm.

.:4:.

((That's fine; I make people wait all the time! I feel horrible about it because I'm just too lazy to post DX But take your time~))

~*~*~

~*~*~Image~*~*~
~*~*~

Juniperstar45
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 04/26/2009 6:27 AM

Raum tumbled off Jeu and landed with a thud and a comical look on his face. He hadn't expected that. He grinned broadly as he sat up, flicking his head to one side; a habit he had gotten off a human friend of his.
"Dig holes?! No way! Do I look like a diggin' dog to you?" He exclaimed good-naturerdly, pawing Jeu. "He's gotta do it too, doesn't he?"

Ark considered Raum's request, furrowing in her brow in mock concentration. What a good game this all was. Two little lucian (barely younger than she) that she could march around the Plains looking for Wombear, how fun!
"I say... you both do it! And I point the way. I'll sniff 'em out too. You two can help of course." She declared to them both.

Raum tilted his head to the side, examining Ark quizzically, before pulling himself up off his haunches and wagging his tails excitedly. "Lets go then!"

(Sorry for the wait.. again :) )

[5,5]

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Juniperstar45 » 05/09/2009 12:31 PM

Jeu sniffed and held his head high in the air, "No, Lord Jeu does not dig these rutty holes." He giggled and fell back playfully in a crouch. "She's gonna make you do it, and you know it!" Jeu straightened up and sat next to Raum waiting eagerly for Ark's verdict. He bounced up and down and squealed, "Yay! Let's play, let's play!" Wiggling his tail he took off into the withered shrubs. Poking his head above the bus he yelled excitedly, "Are you coming?" Again he disappeared, only his cream colored tails drifting in the air to show them where he was. He sniffed along a trail of dust foot prints. Rocking back on his heels he sneezed loudly and a puff of dust engulfed him again. "Aww man! Lost the trail..." His paw batted at the sentiments in the air.

.:5:.

((No worries! Man my post is short...xD))

~*~*~

~*~*~Image~*~*~
~*~*~

Juniperstar45
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 05/30/2009 3:34 AM

Raum followed 'Lord Jeu' curiously, about three paw pads behind him, watching the other lucain in front. "Man, you lost the trail?" He replied, huffing a bit. "I... I think it went that way." He waved a paw east, towards a small herd of Gyrophant. "Wait... Whose trail were you following anyway?"

Ark trailed behind the two, in her own little way, an amused smile lingering on her face. What to do now...

(Ugh.. Tiny post, I'm sorry)

[6 | 6]

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Juniperstar45 » 06/07/2009 9:40 PM

Jeu cocked his head around his shoulder and growled, "Well yea...Help me find it!" He whined anxiously. Seeing Raum's paw point to a heard of Gyrohpant Jeu smiled a mischievous smile. "Umm, maybe that's why the paws were so big..." Leaping up into the air he pounced on a small scuffling creature behind a wilted shrub. Scuffling with the ground he wound himself inside the prickly thorns of the bush. A butterfly flapped away from the dust pile where Jeu had been 'battling'. He sniffed angrily and smiled again when he tried to get up but repeatedly failed. After a few more tries Jeu frowned a little, "I'm stuck." He said simply looking up at Raum and Ark. He squirmed again and tumbled to the ground with another puff of smoke. Shaking his pelt out Jeu stumbled back into a small pot hole and looked down. "Crud!"

.:6:.

((That's fine, my muse hasn't been to great lately either xD
P.s. Thank you again for the awesome pictures~ xD))

~*~*~

~*~*~Image~*~*~
~*~*~

Juniperstar45
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 06/28/2009 9:00 PM

Raum eagerly padded over to where Jeu was wrestling with who knew what. He stood there, watching and wanting to join in, but not knowing how.
He barked in amusement when Jeu got stuck, his mouth pulled back into a smile and his tongue lolling good naturedly out of his mouth.
"That can't be good." Raum said, looking down at him, slightly concerned. He moved forward to help, but Jeu had already got himself free... And into another hole.
He laughed good-naturedly, and said "Do you need help?"

Ark also found this amusing, a happy smile running along her mouth. "Once you get Jeu out of there Raum, I have an idea. But it involves more hunting." She stated.
Raum wagged his tails eagerly. "Okay. You gotta grab my tails an' I'll haul you outta there." He said, spinning around.

(Sorry. Muse died P: I assume that's what is happening? Its early morning and I have trouble thinking?)

[7 | 7 - Posts recorded up to here]

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Juniperstar45 » 06/28/2009 9:24 PM

Jeu flailed his paws in the air, tipping back and forth in the small hole. "Arrg! Me leg ish stuck!" He imitated a pirate. The way his leg was shoved in the ground was rather uncomfortable. It had caught on the ball of his ankle so he couldn't shift up or down. He grumbled angrily, trying to dig out his foot. Hushing up to hear Ark's plan, Jeu nodded, excitement lighting up his features. Hunting was one of his sisters favorite pass times but she had never let him help. She said that it was work for mature people. 'I'm mature! See?' He remembered saying to her. Dessie, his sister, had tickled him on the belly and he had cracked up laughing. 'Yes…now, run along and chew on the sofa or something.' He pouted a little at the memory. To people that didn't know him it might have looked like he was deep in thought. Jeu nodded to Raum, pulling himself out of his trance. Jeu tried to grab his orange sherbet colored tail with his paws but he kept wiggling his tail. With frustration, Jeu slammed down his tail to the ground, his eyes crossed as he gazed at his 'prey'. "Got'cha! Oh, whoops, sorry!" He pled, feeling terrible for crushing his half uncle’s tail.

.:7:.

((No problem x3 Yuppers, you've got it right~ It's late afternoon here...And I'm red as a lobster from sitting on a boat all day *sizzles*))

~*~*~

~*~*~Image~*~*~
~*~*~

Juniperstar45
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby .:Random Event 2:. » 07/08/2009 9:31 PM

It had gone unnoticed for quite some time, which made sense seeing as they were trying to get their relative unstuck. For hunters though, it was unforgivable to let this go unnoticed. What was "this"? Well "this" was a small scuttling scraping noise which was accompanied by a sag of dirt just south of Jeu's still stuck paw. The dirt there wiggled and shifted until...

"Need help?" Piped the little earth wombear. This one didn't seem entirely shy as he pulled himself out of his tunnel, dusting himself off.
"Please don't pounce on me, I'm quite fragile. I heard you talking," this one seemed quite competent when it came to speaking; better then Jeu, even.
"I heard you all talking, you're not very quiet," it laughed, licking it's paws, "But you seemed to have run into a problem of sorts and I thought maybe you'd like some help?"
Season in Effect: None
Activity: Active, awaiting hunts.
Most Recent Dossier: Lost Guardians
Discovered Pet Count: 40.9%

Please don't PM me without a good reason, otherwise I'll just ignore you!
.:Random Event 2:.
Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Keystones: 883
Donate

Next