A wide open area of flat, grassy land and rocky trenches, supposedly a wide range of ancient civilizations once lived here. Species that like wide, open areas, such as Gyrophants, Serraptors, and Sahound, thrive here, though only the agile survive. (+3 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Vast Plains

A Journey of Friends [P // Rebel & Morya ]

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 04/23/2009 9:48 PM

Shinku Niiro

The Chaos Tali, black and red in color, stopped as he entered the edges of the Vast Plains. His eyes searched the area for potential threat, but did not find any. Tail swished as he scanned the area once more just to be sure. A smile curved on his lips as he was satisfied with his find and he looked back to see if his friends had followed.

Shinku was his name; protection his game. He had come from the Bridges of Lambastia, after meeting a couple new friends who seemed to share a lot with him. Shinku waited patiently, sitting himself down so that he wouldn't stand out so much in the tall grass.

(11)

Look into my eyes you'll see
A graveyard filled with dirt and defeat

The weight on my soul

Where the fallen angels sleep
The crooked hearts and the crossroads meet

Where the haters say my name
And carve it in stone

I'm gonna make a comeback
I'm gonna dig six feet up tonight

I'm gonna get it all back
I'm gonna make a comeback this time
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 796
Donate

Re: A Journey of Friends [P // Rebel & Morya ]

Postby Moyra » 04/29/2009 10:41 AM

Image ~ Image

Leisher stopped as Shinku did, looking out over the plains. It was a place he hadn't been before, which was strange as he always seemed to be travelling. Maybe because the place just always seemed so flat and boring. Whatever the matter, he was going to try and enjoy the place with his new friend. Taking a seat beside him, Meeks jumped down and stretched his legs in the grass. "So, where should we head to? Anything in particular you want to see in the plains?" Is there even anything to see here...?

[13] [13]

((Crappy post, I know. But my muse is still working on getting better xD))
Moyra
You ARE persistent, aren't you?
Pets | Items
Keystones: 7
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 04/29/2009 11:22 AM

OOC// It was a great post! xD But of course, I didn't give much to work off of with meh first post.  :P

The Tali smiled a bit at the words of Leisher. True this land was flat with nothing more than grass to offer, but to Shinku it was a beautiful place. The wide open plains seemed to hold a close place to his heart, but Shinku could not say why. He liked the feel of the grass against his belly and sides; the way the dirt shifted beneath his paws as he walked; the wind that carressed the land so lightly. After a moment of taking in the beauty brought to his eyes, he spoke.

"I can't say... Honestly, I was just compelled to come here and now that I'm here... I feel quite at peace. Hm... Perhaps we can do a bit of exploring. Who knows what this 'plain' land has to offer..."

(12)

The weight on my soul

And carve it in stone

Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moyra » 04/29/2009 11:55 AM

((Something's flowing today though, woo!))

Leisher smiled at his friend as Meeks curled up at his feet. "Maybe it's where you come from, or where you are destined to be. Do you know much of your past, your birth?" He ran the claws on one paw through the grass beside him, wondering what it would be like to live in such a place. Leisher wasn't sure he could stand it. Meeks, can you imagine living here? We'd be open prey, you and I. He sent the thought to his little friend and laughed internally. They have had many adventures and have travelled throughout Evelon, and it was hard to imagine staying in one place. Who knew, maybe the place held more excitement than it looked like, almost as if it were hiding somewhere. Looking in a wide circle about him, he murmured quietly, to himself, "What mysteries could this land hold...?". Surely something so wide open wouldn't hold much.

[14] [14]
Moyra
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 04/29/2009 8:03 PM

Shinku sat in thought for a moment or two at the words of the Fenling. His eyes scanned the land, trying to recall any childhood memories, but Shinku knew very little of his childhood, and couldn't even remember his parents. 'Hm... nothing...' Scratching his chin with his back paw, Shinku releived an itch, possibly from some pesky bug. Straightening himself up, he let out a disatisfied snort that he hadn't thought of any reason as to why he felt at peace here.

"To be quite honest, I know very little of my childhood. I don't know where I was born at, or who my parents are... Well, perhaps something will come to mind. Care to go for a stroll through the grass? Maybe your thoughts on this land will change."

Shinku could feel a bit of uncertainty about this land from Leisher, but perhaps not fear. No, most likely just the feel of the land. Still, Shinku felt right here, for whatever reason and he wanted to take a quick look around.

(13)

The weight on my soul

And carve it in stone

Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moyra » 04/30/2009 10:17 AM

Thinking for a moment, Leisher realized he knew very little of his past as well. He had never been sure how old he was, though by guessing he would figure around eighty by now. He'd always been alone, and had always been cursed as he was. He glanced down at Meeks and smiled, glad he had found him when young. Or was it the other way around? Sometimes he felt as if Meeks had almost searched him out. "Yes, let's start our exploration of this place. It's all new to me out here, so may as well gather some more knowledge of it."

Standing, he cracked his back slightly to rid it of the stiffness that had settled on him. Meeks, still keep an eye out behind us. Those blasted pygmy things were out for our heads. He looked about the lands as Meeks found his place on his back, wondering where to start first. Thinking of a better idea, he asked the tali, "Since you seem more comfortable here, where would you like to go first?"

[15] [15]
Moyra
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 05/01/2009 6:07 PM

At the question, the Tali stood up, eyes scanning the area for anything of interest to check out. The biggest thing that stuck out to him was a large rock formation a little to the left of them. Curiosity struck him as well as the sense of adventure.

"Let's try that rock formation over there. Maybe we could even climb higher to take a good look around and see what's out there."

Shinku took for the rocks at walk, watching it with keen eyes, as well as keeping his ears pricked for any unfamiliar sounds that could pose a threat. Just as a precaution, he alerted Leisher, a strange feeling rising up the back of his neck.

"Keep you eyes peeled... We are in new territory... who knows what could be out here..."

(14)

The weight on my soul

And carve it in stone

Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moyra » 05/04/2009 10:27 AM

Nodding his head in agreement of their next location, Leisher smiled as the Tali mentioned keeping their eyes open. He'd learnt that he always had to keep his vigilance when travelling. There'd been too many close calls, and too many injuries over the years. "Way ahead of you buddy," he laughed lightly. Keeping pace with Shinku, Leisher liked this slower walk much better after the hard run they'd had here. Maybe he was getting old as he couldn't remember a time when he'd felt out of breath or sore. He didn't like the idea of getting old and so thought ahead to that rock cluster in their path. "I wonder if we'll be able to see the bridges from up there," he commented lightly, almost to himself. At his back, he could feel Meeks tighten his grip. He'd never liked heights but had put up with them.
Moyra
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 05/04/2009 10:31 PM

ooc// Aw! You're baby Paragon in your signature is so cute! ^^

bic//

Shinku laughed as Leisher did, glad to hear the word 'buddy' in there. The Tali had defiantely earned a friendship between himself and the Fenling, not to mention Meeks, but Shinku couldn't yet tell if he had really been accepted by the little guy. Still, he would certainly act as friendly as he did with Leisher. At the comment of the Fenling, Shinku thought too of it, wondering how much they would be able to see.

"Hm.. I not sure, but we'll find out soon."

The Tali grinned as they neared the rock formation. It was quite large, but it looked like a set of stairs, smaller rocks spiraling up in height to the tallest rock. Shinku came to the base of it, looking up at the rock in awe. Preparing himself to jump on the shortest rock, the Tali crouched down and with a swish of his tail, leaped onto the first rock. Without stopping, he bounded up to the next one, and then the next one. Already he was starting to see more than he could have imagined. The sun glinted off of a large pool of water off in the distance and the backs of some grazing creatures dotted the plains. Shinku wanted to see more, so, he bounded up to another one, still a little ways from the top. Looking across the plains, the Tali was awestruck by the beauty.

"Come on, Leisher! Meeks! You gotta see this!"

(15)

The weight on my soul

And carve it in stone

Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moyra » 05/04/2009 10:50 PM

((Thanks! I already love the little chick and she hasn't even grown xD))

Watching as Tali with the boundless energy made his way up the rocks, Leisher couldn't help but smile wider. He really was getting old it seemed. He was tired. He sadly felt that he needed a rest. Perhaps a small rest at the top of the rocks could be had. Slowly he hoped up each rock, feeling a bit of heat under the pads of his feet. Baking in the sun all day had a nice effect on the temperature of the stone. Maybe he'd gotten a little accustomed to the heat the volcano had held.

Nearing the top, he slowed further, glancing around the wide openness spread before them. What a view the rocks held. He could indeed see the bridges, though they seemed a far off speck in the direction they had come from. He could see nothing else besides them. The vast plains were really...vast after all. "What a good place to start out Shinku." He nodded to his companion as Meeks got down and looked out for himself.
Moyra
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 05/05/2009 2:02 PM

ooc// ^^ She be a cutie! xD

bic//

The Tali took note that Leisher seemed to move at a slower pace than Shinku did. He logged this in his head to remember it when the Fenling made it to where the Tali sat. Waiting patiently for Leisher, Shinku looked out over the plains, taking in all that he saw, awed by the beauty it brought to him. He quite enjoyed it here, a nice breeze blowing to cool off the heat of the sun. At Leisher's words, Shinku grinned with a light laugh.

"I think so too. Why don't you rest up a bit here? I want to climb to the very top and see if I can't see anything further."

With a swish of his tail, the Tali was off again, jumping for the tallest rock. The front half of his body made it and he dug his claws into the rock as his back legs scrambled to push himself further, but suddenly, a strange creature lifted its head near Shinku and he realized he wasn't alone! The surprise made him yelp and he lost his grip, falling back to the rock he had just left, landing on his back. With a painful grunt, the Tali forced himself to his feet, a defensive posture taking on as he growled in his throat.

"Someone's up there..."

An Anala dropped her long-nosed head over the edge of the rock, 'looking' at the two below. Her large clawed 'hands' grasped the edges of the rock she stood on, her nostrils flaring to get the scents of whom had been there. The fae gripped her claws into the rock, scraping it some to send shards of it falling onto the trio below her.

"How dare you annoy me when I'm sleeping. Don't you know that is quite rude?"

A growl came her answer from the Tali, the Anala's tail swishing in annoyance.

(16,1)

The weight on my soul

And carve it in stone

Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moyra » 05/05/2009 2:40 PM

His tails swirling about him in slow movements, Leisher nodded toward Shinku as he continued to look out over the lands. With one of his ears turned toward him to listen, he couldn't take his eyes off the site before him. It had been a long time since he'd gone to a height such as this, since Meeks wasn't too fond of them. He often avoided them so as not to make his small companion uncomfortable. Also, Meeks had a habit of digging his tiny claws into him when they did, so it kept his skin intact.

As the Tali started up the rocks, Leisher's eyes were drawn to him, watching the movements of him. He was about to look back to the view laid out before him when Shinku slipped and fell backwards. Before he had a second to get to him, he was up and standing in an odd pose. The position struck something in Leisher which made him follow his gaze up the rocks. The words confirmed what had occurred to him.

His next thought of jumping up the rocks was halted as the creatures head appeared from behind the rock. It apparently wasn't pleased with them for the disturbance, and without much though Leisher launched right into an apology. "We're sorry, we didn't realize there was anyone up here. It wasn't our intention to annoy by any means."
Moyra
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 05/05/2009 7:52 PM

Shinku looked to Leisher in suprise that he had apologized for the both of them, but it seemed to work. The Anala sat down at the edge of the rock, her arms crossed over one another, still 'looking' at the three. She held her nose up in a 'snooty' way, sending her long tongue out to lick off a struggling ant on her pelt. Shinku found it quite grotesque and stuck his own tongue out in an 'eww' way, making a funny face.

"Well... I suppose you couldn't have known I was up here in the first place... All is forgiven."

Though her voice did not carry much 'friendship' at the tone, she did not seem to be angry or irritated at them, as the Fenling had explained themselves. Taking one of her sharp claws, she scratched the poll of her head, her tongue licking the edges of her lips at her previous little snack.

"So, what do you call yourselves?"

Still a bit suspicious, the Tali lowered his defensive behavior and sat down, looking up at the Anala with studying eyes, ready to leap into action if called for.

"I am Shinku Niira, and these are my friends, Leisher and Meeks."

Shinku left the opening for them to formally introduce themselves, if they wanted, as the Tali did not know if they had any more to say.

(17,2)

The weight on my soul

And carve it in stone

Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moyra » 05/12/2009 10:40 AM

((Sorry it's taken so long, muse has been hiding on me >.< ))

Leisher squinted slightly, looking up into the sky at the Anala, and listened carefully to her tone. The words were comforting, but the tone belied her indifference. He didn't want to be caught in some kind of struggle with this being, it was usually something he avoided altogether. He hadn't always made it out of previous scraps unscathed.

Nodding slightly as Shinku introduced them, Leisher smiled as best he could, not wanting to offend. He was very much against confrontation, so he would do his best to keep the peace despite this creature making him wary. "Now that you know who we are, might we have the pleasure of your name?" As he finished he could almost feel Meeks rolling his eyes behind him and peeking over his shoulder. What's with the polite Leisher today? Trying to play it nice? Meeks sent his thoughts to him in a laugh.

His eyes went to his companion, a smirk in them. Is that a problem dear friend?

Meeks merely sighed and went back to his normal position. Not at all.

[19] [19]
Moyra
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 05/24/2009 10:00 PM

"I am Shiroari. Nice to meet you all as well, but if you don't mind me saying, I have only heard two of you. I believe I heard three names spoken. Who is the third?"

Blind. Shiroari was blind. But her other senses were heightened to help her in her life.

Shinku cocked his head to the side a bit confused as to why she couldn't see Meeks. Meeks was the only one who hadn't spoken out, so that must have meant that he was the one she was talking about.

ooc// same here, Morya. x.x My muse has just simply died... sorry for the wait.

(18, 3)

The weight on my soul

And carve it in stone