Almost large enough to be considered a theme park while remaining free to the public, Terrace Park is rumored to have been the site of the Grand Hollowheart's defeat, leading to the Hollowhearts first accepting a pact with humans. (+2 Fame, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Terrace Park

Re: Out here on my...lonesome? [P, Snowy and Freeze]

Postby GrayGriffin » 08/17/2009 10:04 PM

Evangeline snarled inside. Kids those days! They had been taught too well, hadn't they? She tapped her chin for a moment, as if thinking. She had already drawn some of them to her-she could probably drag them into another pocket dimension. But that would be...so messy. It would be easier to have someone who really was on her side.

Ah well.

"Very well then," she said. "I'm going to show you something...something that proves I am no villain." She began to wave her arms, the park dissolving around them. If she was lucky, while they were in transit, she would be able to take something from the two she had "gifted."

"NO!" screamed Nikey, who had been unsure whether to trust her. He lunged forwards, but the park was already dissolving even faster. Too fast.

[16, 16]

[Sorry if that's a bit too godmoddy, if you want I can change it.]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
You're my crystal and clover
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot
What would you do if I stole you tonight? (Ahh ahh)
Why waste time? (Ahh ahh)

'Cause the world goes on without us
It doesn't matter what we do
All silhouettes with no regrets
When I'm melting into you
'Cause I belong in your arms
I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2597
Donate

Postby Freezair » 08/17/2009 10:55 PM

"Ahhh!"

Pomona reacted quickly to the strange, dissolving park. She chucked her onion bomb directly at Evangeline. If it hit, it would explode into a wide, nearly inivisible cloud of caustic gas. Breathing the gas stung the nose and made it nearly impossible to see--it made the eyes water painfully--but it wasn't damaging in the long-term. "Close your eyes!" she shouted at everyone. She reached into her bag to grab her own pair of safety goggles and a medical mask--someone needed to be able to see still--and squirted the bluish contents of a tiny water bottle into her mouth.

Minty was quick, ducking into her arm. "Run, everyone!" Without asking for permission, she jerked at Longshot's shirt with one of her hands. Jumping on top of a psy-cloud of her own, she tried to pull him on with her and get them away.

"Stop that! It's scary!" Jeremiah wailed. He ducked down against the ground protectively. With his strength "enhanced," the air around him hardened--a wall of thick, nearly impenetrable air surrounded him.

Best Friend, entire body becoming crystal once more, pugilistically rushed Evangeline. No one was going to pull these kinds of stunts on her turf!

[126, 76, 16]

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 08/18/2009 9:36 AM

Longshot's eyes widened as the park fell away under his feet. He tried to cry out, but was unable to. He felt something tug against his back- looking back, Minty's fingers were firmly latched onto his shirt, and he was pulled onto the familiar pink cloud of energy. As he fell onto it, he turned and hugged close to Minty, shaking. "Get me out, get me out, get me out!" he shouted, shutting his eyes tight.

Woody also chucked her bomb, but a little farther away- getting as much time to get away from her as possible would mean expanding their smoke screen. She grabbed Reverb's hand and searched for Pamona's, her eyes screwed up for defense against the onion bomb. "Get us outta here, 'Mona!"

Reverb shut her eyes, but before she did she saw Jeremiah go down under his compressed air bubble. And there was a small, plastic crack. "No!" she shouted, but Woody grabbed her before she could go to her computer.
About you and me: it's plain to see,
We only ever want to stay inside and watch TV,
Because that's just as good a memory,
You're just good company,
And I am finally accepting that.

Remember the time when we stole the whole day?
And nobody knows it, we took it away,
And it will be forever mine,
And it will be forever yours
Now we own the night, and it can't be undone,
We'll never forget how it feels to be young,
Cos it will be forever mine,
And it will be forever yours.

I did not make my avatar.
Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby GrayGriffin » 08/19/2009 9:33 PM

"What!" screamed Evangeline, as the onion bomb flew at her. She closed her eyes and managed to hold it in place, but couldn't hold it completely. They weren't on her turf...but they were no longer in the park either. They were somewhere...between. Outside of the strange fog, they could see vague shapes moving around, shapes of the park, and...others.

"She's a demon! Look at her eyes!" screamed Nikey.

"I guess I have no choice then..." the girl whispered, as her form seemed to fall away from her, revealing first her adult form and then falling away further to reveal a large, hissing Carpetfang.

[17, 17]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 08/20/2009 2:33 AM

Minty sprinted for the safety of the grown-ups' area, but there was no grown-ups' area. There was no park. There was no anywhere. Shivering, the little girl trundled to a stop, helping Longshot stand. She'd already had her eyes partially closed--she recognized the stench of the Onion Bomb from one of Pomona's demo sessions, but when Nikey shouted out, she clamped her eyes shut. She hunkered down behind one of the remaining trees, pulling Longshot in. She didn't speak, but her expression said one obvious thing: "I'm scared..."

"A demon?" Pomona said. But she obediently closed her eyes all the same. Jeremiah was turned away from her, so it didn't seem to matter for him. He sniffled, head deep in his arms.

Out directly in front of the demon, Best Friend held her ground.

"I knew there was something off about you!" the Wilson spat. She hovered above the Carpetfang's immense head, flittering dangerously within striking range. Considering the speed of Carpetfangs, it could quickly become striking range. "Now you leave us alone and send us home right this second, or I shall be forced to take action! When you make the boy who gave me glow-in-the-dark star stickers cry, I am forced to take offense!"

[127, 77, 17]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 08/21/2009 10:48 PM

"My computer..." Reverb whimpered quietly, trying to get towards Jeremiah to see what had become of her beloved piece of homemade equipment. Woody tugged harder against her. "Let's go, 'Verb!" she shouted, tugging and pulling and still searching for Pamona. Opening her eyes a crack, she spotted the red sweatshirt and made her way towards her, Reverb in tow.

Longshot clung to his best friend, but when he felt her shiver, a very bad thought passed through his head. I am a wimp. His grip loosened immediately, and he opened his eyes to take in his new predicament: where the powerful girl once stood was now a spitting Carpetfang. "Best Friend, be careful!" he shouted as a warning, peaking around the tree trunk. He wanted to help the Ms. Wilson, but was not sure how to handle it or how he could even do anything without powers of his own.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby GrayGriffin » 08/23/2009 2:51 AM

Evangeline grinned, opening her jaws and lunging upwards. Her concentration, however, was fully scattered, and the onion bomb hit the ground and exploded. The Carpetfang demon felt her eyes beginning to water, but closed them and ignored it.

Nikey gasped, clapping his hands over his eyes. However, tears and snot still began to stream from them.

"Don't hurt her!" he hissed, rushing forwards in fury. How dare this demon mess with his new friends? He didn't notice it, but his horns grew, tearing through the hat he wore.

[18, 18]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 08/24/2009 2:11 AM

Best Friend saw that the demon was disoriented, and saw her chance to strike. Pulling in her wings, she plumetted to the ground, aiming for somewhere in the vincinity of the Carpetfang's head.

"Be careful!" Pomona shouted. She pressed her medical mask into her face. Quietly, she added, "...But go! Go! I know you can do it!"

Minty hit up against the edge of the world. She set Longshot down gently and stood. "Jeremiah! Lightning her or something!" She shouted towards the big dome. "Come on! Best Friend's got the right idea for once! We've gotta be heroic! This is a real bad guy! Come on! Come on..."

The stormcaller simply quailed, quite safe and secure in his dome and unwilling to leave it.

"Come on," she nudged Longshot. "Do your big talky stuff about bein' a superhero an' all that! You're the cool one! You got... what's Mama call it? Thusiasm! It's hard to be brave without you..."

[128, 78, 18]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 08/29/2009 8:32 PM

"But- but Minty!" Longshot stammered, "I don't have any powers. I... I can't! I just can't! Not here, not at the park... I just can't do it!" he cried, rubbing an arm across his eyes to make the tears go away. "I don't even have what Evangeline gave me... wait! Did Jerry give back his?" he asked Minty, suddenly alert. "She said something about it tiring her... if we can get her worn out enough, we may be able to take her down! That's it!" he shouted, jumping up. If he had the Split marking, he'd be a true double personality. What a flip.

Reverb watched as Jeremiah crouched unmoving, and she really just wanted to run over and kick him. "JEREMIAH PETERS!" she shouted, waving her hands in front of her to try to clear some of Pamona's smog to see the boy clearer. "GET YOUR BUTT IN GEAR!" She didn't like being mean to Jerry, as she knew that he was somewhat nervous about his powers. But now wasn't the time- they were in trouble, big trouble! First the stranger, and now they were being kidnapped into this weird place... it was too much and she was tired of it. Running forward (somewhat blindly), she made her way over to the storm-caller and beat her fists into the heavy air, trying to rouse Jerry. "LETS GO, JERRY! WE NEED YOU!"

Woody just watched in horror as Nikey ran forward. "Nikey, no!" As the horns protruded from his head, she paled. What is he? The thought raced through her head rapidly multiple times, and she found herself running after him, determined to help too. Unhooking her lasso, she threw it up into the air and twirled it, running as fast as she could to keep up with the kid. Whatever he was, he was pretty fast.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby GrayGriffin » 08/30/2009 6:01 AM

The Carpetfang turned her attention to Nikey, and was thus completely unprepared for Best Friend's strike to the head. "Ugh!" she moaned, curling back. She turned her head to those attacking her, and spat. A stream of black liquid hissed through the air, striking Nikey's feet. He danced back as if on hot coals, but the liquid seemed to do nothing...until his clothes seemed to fall away, revealing himself in his full Kirund form.

"What did you do???" he demanded, looking down at himself. Somewhat comically, his hat remained perched on his head, held there by his now-full-length horns.

[19, 19]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 08/30/2009 3:43 PM

"You do have powers, Longshot!" Minty rallied. "You're a super-brave super-cool super- leader! And 'sides--lotsa powers don't fully come out 'til you're grown up."

Jeremiah suddenly pulled himself bolt upright. All he could make out was a girl's voice, getting his butt in gear, and his full name. Reflexes came first. He practically jumped out of his shield. "Yes, Mom!" he snapped. Looking angrily at Evangeline, he flung his hand toward her. A bladed, thick swathe of wind rushed toward her. Best Friend hooted angrily and swerved.

"Thank goodness that's over. It's quite distressing when you get upset, you know."

"Thanks!" He smiled with a fire in his eyes.

Pomona marveled at Nikey. Evangeline had... changed him. He was a... what was it again? She knew it was Mad Science, whatever it was! Perfect! Now they really had something good on their hands.

She threw him a potion. "Drink this!" she called to him. "Your natural strength gets super! You can lift like cars and stuff! Trust me, I practiced on Mom's!--Um, don't tell her, though!"

[129, 79, 19]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 08/30/2009 7:53 PM

Reverb moved out of the way as Jerry's air bubble dispelled and he shot a hard wind at the Carpetfang. "Whoa!" she dove behind him, grabbing her computer. Her fingers caught on a crack in the screen, and it didn't function correctly, but once they were out of this mess, it could be salvaged. Hugging it to her chest, she heaved a happy sigh. Something bounced against her chest, and she looked down- the two little plastic doohickeys that made the lighted goal were still there. Brainstorming, her hand fell into her pocket and searched for the right part... there! Plucking a piece of silver wire tangled with some copper wire around it, she used the two pieces to connect the plastic parts and create one full piece. After hitting her computer a few times (and shouting many a "Sorry!" at it), it came to life, and she tapped in a quick code. She had created the program earlier, but hadn't found the right way to go through with it. But now, her laser was ready...

Woody ducked as the sharp wind pushed her pigtail braids up into the air. Her lasso tugged forward, and she had to hold on with all her might so it did not fly out of her grasp. She watched as Nikey became a Kirund. And she screamed.

Longshot smiled at Minty, sniffling. His nose always got runny when he was upset. "Weally?"

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby GrayGriffin » 09/01/2009 1:54 AM

Nikey looked down at himself in horror. Woody was obviously frightened of him, but the others seemed not to have notice. Evangeline was rearing back, preparing to spit again. From what he had seen, it could probably change a creature in human form back into pet form. He concentrated and tried to change back, but realized he couldn't.

"Don't you dare!" he growled, lunging forward and fastening his jaws around Evangeline's, holding them in place. She whipped her head back and forth, trying to shake him off, but he dug his back claws into her side.

"Heet hur naow!" he snarled, his voice muffled.

[20, 20]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 09/01/2009 3:47 AM

Minty nodded. "Yeah! I never woulda thought about bein' a superhero an' how much I could help people if you hadn'ta showed me how could it was, an' all the good stuff I could do for people! Now, c'mon! Let's get 'er!"

Minty pumped the air with both her real fist and a psychic glowing one. Patting Longshot on the back, she turned toward Evangeline. ...Who was that? Some green kid was holding her! And he was wearing Nikey's hat! For a moment, she worried about Nikey--did he get eated?--but Evangeline was the real problem, right here and now. Suddenly she thought--maybe that was Nikey, and Evangeline used her magic on him to turn him into a monster! But hopefully a good one.

Pomona slurped up one of her own strength potions. She was going to try going on the defensive. Jeremiah pushed at the air beside her, sending an airy whip over to Evangeline's back. He tried not to hit Nikey, or what he was assuming was Nikey.

As always, Best Friend refused to hold back. Especially not when she could get in a free hit! She dive-bombed toward the serpent demon, calling out, "GERONIMOOOOO!"

[130, 80, 20]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 09/02/2009 8:56 PM

Woody hadn't meant to scream, but for the first time of seeing a real Kirund, she was frightened. Her mother had shown her pictures in a local Evelon newspaper showing Dr. Einsor's new creation. "That man will be the death of us; don't you ever go near him, Woodsy." she remarked to her one day, opening the paper and exposing the picture to Woody. She shivered, but it was a pretty tame picture- the Kirund pictured there had only just began to rot, and there wasn't that much flesh coming away.

She could tell now that Nikey was older than that Kirund, but she knew that he was one. She also knew that she had to help out. "Hold on, Nikey!" she shouted, and with the biggest leap she could muster, she fell onto Evangeline's back. She clung to the fur lining the female's back; it was the only hold available and it was coarse enough to get a good grip. Pulling herself up, she hung on for dear life as she attempted to get up to Evangeline's head and use her rope to do what Nikey was doing. She was having trouble though- Evangeline was moving around so much that she couldn't get a good enough grip to tie her up.

Reverb prodded Jeremiah's back. "Hey, Jerry? Could you give this the tiniest spark?" she asked, holding out her computer. "And then I want you to hold this." she held up the newly assembled laser pointer. "The static coming off your body will keep it charged and give the beam a bit more strength." she rambled, her eyes flicking between the boy and Evangeline.

Longshot smiled meekly. "B'okay." he sniffed, and then with a loud sniff, he got up and stood next to Minty, ready to help.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items