Almost large enough to be considered a theme park while remaining free to the public, Terrace Park is rumored to have been the site of the Grand Hollowheart's defeat, leading to the Hollowhearts first accepting a pact with humans. (+2 Fame, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Terrace Park

"Hallo Neighbor! 8D!"

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/14/2009 11:34 PM

How so very long ago she meant to do this... Why, oh, why was the wait so very long? Well... As a matter-of-fact, she just so happened to be a tad bit busy... Suddenly being in charge of the Motley Palace, making sure everything ran smoothly...yanno, keeping the canniable garden gnomes in check, finding new critters, catching evil leprechauns, keeping all the teapot cats clean and well-fed, watering the gardern, soothing the moody door... There was quite a bit to do, every. single.day. Plus some! New adventures were always just around the corner!

But today...today was set aside for something special. By all means, Metha was no longer "the new one on the block," but... she still didn't really know any of her neighbors. Besides, that pesky little Meji was always bothering her about going and visiting the others nearest by. Really, the Meji wasn't always so bad. She was fun, but she always nagged about this in her subtle, little way.

With an odd, springy lurch in her step, Metha ventured down the pathway and up the stairs of the mansion owned by the one-and-only Xidel. She was decked out in some of her best brightly colored attire- the tank top, fingerless gloves, skirt, stockings and boots... all made her stand out like a multi-faceted neon light in utter darkness.
Within her gloved hands was a plate. A very large plate. A plate of black with neon green vines and purple and blue flowers. Upon this plate, was a jiggily mound of jello. Lime flavored, of course. And it was expertly carved in the shape of a castle. That's right, a castle. Why a castle? Cause she felt like it.

Coming to a stop at the door, the young Lucain-woman was marching in place. She shuffled the plate over in one hand, balancing it better than even a well weathered waitress. She knocked on the door, hard and loud. "Hello, hello!? Anyone hoooome!?"

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2824
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 08/15/2009 12:17 AM

Oh...? Another person was finally there to check out the latest addition to the home..? So far two visitors had stopped in about that Lucain. So bothersome that Lucain... It was rare that a pet came through that he actually wanted to get out of the house. There had once been a Corbine that liked to pick at him from time to time, but he hadn't wanted it out of the house as badly as this Lucain. It was one thing for him to be messed with, but the darn thing was picking on anything that came in the house. He couldn't be trusted around anything small, so until he was gone Xidel had to be careful about what he took in to the house.

Setting down the paper crane that he had been working on on to the table, the humanoid Murky Kuhna stood up, brushed himself off, and started heading toward the door. Maybe someone was just dropping in for a visit...? No, no. That thought only brought a frown to his face that he had to force himself to let go of. No one ever came for a visit. Nyt hadn't even dropped in for a visit and he honestly thought the two of them had bonded quite well... Oh well. No point in dwelling upon those thoughts. Reaching the door, he forced a smile and opened it up.

The sight right infront of him was quite... interesting. It was safe to say he had never met anyone at his Outpost that dressed quite like this woman. She stood out. Not like a sore thumb though. She stood out in a good way. Maybe she'd be a tad bit odd, but that was what was interesting. "Good afternoon. Have you come to see the Lucain we're housing right now?"

His blue eyes trailed down to the plate. It wasn't the jello that had caught his sight, but instead the vines and flowers. Quite the interesting design really. He wondered where she had gotten it.. Once his mind got past the plate, he spotted the wiggling dessert that it was housing. A castle. Vines, flowers, and now a castle. Had she carved the jello herself? That was quite some talent she had there.

"Oh. Please, do come in." Taking a few steps back, Xidel motioned his hand to offer her the floor. "Sorry it's so quiet right now. There aren't many people coming by to visit him."
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1590
Donate

Re: "Hallo Neighbor! 8D!"

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/15/2009 12:33 AM

Metha opened her mouth, to deter Xidel's idea as to why she came, but she noted that he seemed rather distracted by what she brought as her offering of good, neighborly friendship...stuff. She ended up glancing down at the plate herself, the thought suddenly hitting her that not everyone liked lime jello... Well, it was the thought that counted, right? Right! Making a firm nod to herself on this decision, she politely stepped inside with the Murky Kuhna's offer.

Soft, gray eyes danced around the entry way, taking in all she could in a matter of seconds, before she surrendered her attention back to her host. Her three tails wavered around behind her, a wide, cheshire-like smile lit up her face. Only, her smile was not quite so creepy as the Cheshire cat. She then corrected his assumption.

"A Lucain, say you? I'm afraid I'm a Lucain myself. So... I'm not much one to adopt my own kind... Pardon me!" She bowed, her free hand sweeping down while the other still balanced her offering plate. When she stood, she went on. "My name is Metha, thank you for inviting me in. We're neighbors. I thought I would visit." Her words, her sentences, sort of ran together, just because she seemed excited.

"Oh!~ I made this for you!" And she held up the plate of jello with both hands. "I do apologize, if you do not like lime jello...."

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 08/15/2009 4:36 PM

Xidel had turned away to walk forward a bit, leading her in to the house, when he heard that she was a Lucain, which caused him to pause for a moment. He had taken from the three tails, which had vivid Lucain like markings, that she was a Lucain. His thoughts were confirmed when she said she didn't adopt her own kind. So... she didn't adopt her own kind because.. she was scared of them? Or maybe she was willing to look past the fear and just thought it would be odd to try to find another Lucain a home. He hadn't really had any other Kuhnas come through here, so he couldn't really say how he'd feel about something like that. Probably would feel sort of odd now that he thought of it. Huh... Maybe he should try to find a Kuhna some time so he could see how it felt.

Snapping from his distracting thoughts, the Murky Kuhna turned back to her now, just in time to see her giving a bow. Metha... That name sounded familiar. Neighbors.. Right! There were others with Outposts, and she was one of the ones that lived closer to him. "It's lovely to meet you, miss Metha." He bowed his head slightly, not quite the elegant bow that she gave, but a bow none the less. "It's quite nice to get a visitor for once. Well.. A visitor that isn't here for a pet that is."

Oh...? She... made it for him? His eyes slid back down to the jello, and for a moment the expression on his face was hard to make out. He was smiling, but at the same time his eyes had a glistening look to them that almost seemed as if he were about to cry. He recovered from this quickly though, looking back at the female Lucain with a softer smile.

"Thank you.. very, very much. Lime is perfectly fine. I'm not picky at all." Even if he hadn't liked lime, which he did actually like, he would have taken it anyways and still would have eaten it. "You did such a wonderful job of crafting it. Such detail." Gently taking the plate from her, Xidel turned back around and started walking. "Just come with me. We'll go take this to the kitchen."
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/18/2009 2:53 PM

"Oh, yes, indeed. Not many seem to visit, unless they are looking to gain something from us." Such a shame that it was. Those that ran the Outposts were usually quite kind. They gave up their homes to strangers, giving them anything and all that they needed, and let people come and go from their homes without suspect of any ill will. Not too many were capable of anything such as that. They gave, and gave, and, in the end, all their happiness only came from the happiness of others. Special people, indeed, indeed. Perhaps...

Whoa, whoa... Wait. Was he... crying?
Metha wore her constant smile as the Kuhna bowed in return, and as he realized why a plate of sweet, jiggly and wiggly dessert tagged along with her. From her place, and trying to do so in an not-so-obvious way, she examined Xidel's face carefully. He was smiling, but his eyes were shining... moist. There were now falling tears, and it all cleared up very quickly, but she could have sworn and her drunken father's life that the man was about to cry. Holding it back maybe, but that didn't change anything.

Ah well, ah well~ It was cleared up now, and being rude was something the young woman tried to avoid.
"You're very, very welcome!" she chimed in, willingly surrendering the plate over to him. "I spend, erm, a lot of time doing... strange hobbies, I suppose." Jello carving wasn't something all that strange, to her, but she did a lot of things that were "strange" and just didn't see them as such. She was just a born weirdo.
"Ay, ay, captain!" She saluted Xidel, and began to follow him with her overly bouncy steps.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 08/20/2009 2:43 PM

Perhaps... they were too kind? Well, really each of them had their own reasons for running an Outpost. Some might even do it out of greed, as often amazing pets are given to the Outposts free of charge. They are told they can find them a home, or they can keep them and do as they will with them. Some people might advertise that they have an Outpost, but instead keep each rare pet for his or herself. Xidel's reason for running his Outpost was that he enjoyed the company of the pets that were looking for a home. Sometimes he got too attached to them, but seeing them leave with a smile was much better than keeping them around him. It might not have kept him too happy, but he was glad that he could bring joy to others.

Arriving in the kitchen, the Murky Kuhna slid the plate down on to the table, setting it next to the few paper cranes that he had made before she came in. The kitchen itself was a rather simple set-up; there was the usual oven, microwave, dish washer, a large fridge, and the sink was in an island in the middle, which also had a little over hanging bar with four stools pushed up under it. The walls were painted black and white detailed cranes. The only hints of other colors on the walls were the beaks of the cranes, which were an orangish yellow, and the red markings on the heads of the cranes. All of the appliances were black and white, while two of the stools were one color and the other were the other color - lined up so two stools of the same color weren't next to one another.

Pulling out one chair at the table, Xidel motioned for Metha to sit down in it. "Is there anything I can get you? Maybe something to drink, or a snack of some sort?" Xidel didn't exactly see the jello carving as a strange hobby either. Well, no more odd than how he'd sit around and make paper cranes all day long. Really, he'd love to find some other hobby to do. Lately all he seemed to do was take care of those that came through his house and work on his paper cranes. Today seemed to be a good start to something out of the ordinary.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/20/2009 4:48 PM

Oh, indeed, perhaps they were too kind. In Metha's case, she had yet to keep any of the critters sent her way. She preferred finding new homes for those that found their way to her doorstep, or even elsewhere, so long as they were stumbled upon. Her home was more dangerous than one would expect. But, back to the Lucain lady... True, she was insane. She fell off her rocker, or maybe even jumped off it, and rolled far, far away from it. Still, somehow, she retained her rarely-faltering kindness. She was one who would just about give anything to anyone, if she believed that they would need it. She wasn't even mean to the garden gnomes that often tried to eat the residents of her home! She'd protect the residents, but she never intended harming the gnomes either. In her case, she was always happy to see her residents become adopted. It was something she wouldn't throw away, not for anything in the entire world.

As was her polite will, the woman sat down in one of the white chairs when she was offered a seat. She smiled at Xidel, once more, before giving an answer, "If you'd happen to have any tea, that would be wonderful. If not, hurm..., toss anything at me?" She wasn't much of the picky sort either. Her hands folded neatly upon the countertop, and she made a quick examinination of her surroundings with constantly shifting eyes. It was fun to see how the others decorated their largely extravigant homes.
She snatched up one of the paper cranes, yet did so in a gentle manner, holding it carefully as she turned it about in her hand. "A hobby of yours?" He was into origami, was he? That seemed like a rather fun hobby. Maybe that was why he didn't see carving jello as odd, since he also created great things out of something usually obscure. He must have liked cranes a good bit, in general, too, what with how the kitchen were they sat was decorated so.

She then set the paper crane back in the place in which it was found, satisfied with her study of it.
"To speak of truth, I'm not a visiter in other's homes too often. If I do impose, please do tell me so, and I will go." She did not want to intrude. "It seems rather quiet here. Might I inquire as to why that is?"

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 08/20/2009 9:50 PM

Tea... Well, he didn't have any already brewed, but that wouldn't be too hard to fix. He tried to keep a wide variety of drinks and food in the house since he never knew what sort of things those coming through would have a liking to. Last time he had to keep going out to buy limes for the little Bleeder that was hanging around the Outpost. Popping open one of the cabinets, he shifted through a few containers and pulled out a packet of tea. The kettle was hanging over the oven, which he took down and filled up with water before setting it down on the heating up right coil. "Might take a while since I didn't have any already prepared."

With the tea brewing, Xidel sat down across from her at the table, picking up the paper crane she had just put down. "These are as close to a hobby as I have at least. I'm afraid I don't know how to do any other origami though. I might pick up a book on it some day to try... but I've grown rather fond of cranes. I've been told that they are a symbol of honor, loyalty, and peace. I hope to bring peace to those that come to me in need of help if nothing else. This is the only room painted with them though. The painter that did it for me has been rather busy these days with his shop in the marketplace.." He set the crane back down now, scooting it closer to the others that were on the table.

"You're not imposing in any sort of form, I assure you." He looks over at her with a soft smile, hoping that she would trust his words. He was quite enjoying this irregular visit. "Oh..." the frown almost faded, but it lingered on in just a smaller form. "Right now I only have one boarder. I'm afraid of bringing anyone else in to the house because he doesn't seem to do so well around others. I don't want to see anyone getting hurt, so I'd like to find him a home before I allow even a tough creature to come in." Honestly, he was quite surprised that the male Lucain hadn't caused them any sort of trouble yet. He must not have known there was company yet, or maybe he was plotting right now. Hopefully they wouldn't see any sort of trouble from him.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/20/2009 10:18 PM

Metha watched as Xidel moved about the kitchen, almost feeling guilty that he was going through all the trouble just to make her some tea. He may not have seen it as trouble, but she still felt guilty anyway, even if it was a little illogical. Next time she visited with anyone, she would just have to ask for something more simple and save her love for tea for only when she was home. At home, there was always tea. She didn't even have to make it herself anymore, as her assistant always made sure that she had a fresh supply. She did enjoy making her own tea, however, and would sometimes shoo him away from the kitchen when he insisted that he'd do it for her. Such a silly man.

He was across from her, at the table, before she could even finish thinking all the random things in her mind. Which was then quickly drawn back to him, and what all he was saying. She tilted her head, sort of in curiosity. "You really should learn how to do more origami. You're cranes are all very lovely, so I'm sure everything else you try will be as well. Perhaps I'll try my hand at it, sometime too.... Oh! I assume... you mean the young man from the toy shop?" Metha liked toys, so she had to at least have known about the shop. The owner there was the only one she could imagine being a painter... Well, that was a lie, she could imagine anything she wanted, but he was the only one that easily fit the lable.

A smile, soon covered by a frown... The Lucain wiggled in her place a little. She didn't like seeing others frown. She didn't ever want anyone to be sad. She'd just have to work on getting him to smile! "Well, have you... tried containing him in some manner? I had one rather violent boarder, a Hydrolisk, it was. They remained contained within a tank, until the day they were adopted." It could be difficult, and not everyone could be contained in the end, but maybe it was worth the shot. "I can't much stand being alone all the time. For that reason, I have an assistant that stays and... assists me." She laughed a little. "He's a Rabbot... AC1. He came to me in a trade, actually, and I intended to find him a new home. Until he asked to stay with me. I just couldn't say no. We also keep a Malphas and I have many cats." She decided to avoid mentioning that her cats started out as tea pots and that she often spoke with the walls of her home.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 08/20/2009 10:35 PM

It had been no trouble for Xidel at all. Since doing things for others was what made him happy, he was more than glad to make her tea instead of just get her a glass of water or milk. He'd also keep in mind that she liked tea for if she ever visited again, or if he happened to visit her some time. Actually, maybe he would go visit her some time. It was always nice to get out of the house some time, and maybe he would be able to return the favor of a guest that wasn't visiting just for the sake of possibly leaving with some rare beauty. He could bring her something too. Maybe not any sort of food since he wasn't good at making things out of meals, but maybe he could bring tea as well as maybe something else he had crafted. "I think I'll look for a book on origami next time I'm out."

Oh? She knew the painter as well? Well, that wasn't too uncommon really. He was one of the few shop owners in the marketplace, and Xidel couldn't exactly imagine Einsor coming to someone's house to paint a beautiful, non distorted image. There was the potion shop keeper, but he was rather elderly, and the seasonal shop keeper probably saw painting as too dirty. The toy shop keeper though even owned a Paint Drakel and his clothes seemed to almost always be covered in paint.

Giving a nod, Xidel spoke up, "Yeah. Canvas, the toy shop keeper. He's quite the painter. I'm surprised he's not selling paintings instead of toys."

His eyes moved to another door that was connected to the kitchen - not the one they had come in through. "Well, he know where I would prefer he stayed... But that doesn't seem to work out so well. I'm afraid that if I tried to force him to stay in any one area he might just cause a lot of damage to the area and tell me that I wasn't his boss..." His gaze came back to her now, smiling at the thought of having an assistant. He wished he could have kept Nyt as an assistant, but the boy really did deserve to go out in to the world and have more fun. It would have been a waste of his time to hang around here and help the Kuhna. "Either way... He should have decided on who he wants to go off to within the next few days. I hope that he doesn't give whoever he ends up with as much trouble as he has given me. Maybe they'll be able to handle him better."
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/04/2009 4:23 PM

"As am I. From word that crawls around between my home and the home of the lady that offered me the opportunity to be an outpost keeper, well, I've heard that Canvas has some connection to one of the families there. I guess I'm interested in everyone's stories so, if I have the chance of someone telling me a story, I'm all ears." She laughed a little, wiggling her ears at the same time as she spoke the last of her sentence. "I rarely leave home, but everyone that comes to visit always has a story of the outside world to tell. I think everyone likes being heard once in a while, too."

Metha's eyes followed Xidel's when he glanced to a doorway that lead away from the kitchen, but they soon returned to him. "It's truly a shame that one must be difficult when all we wish to do is help them." It was too bad that the Lucain was being so troublesome for the Kuhna, and the female began to wonder if maybe she could get across to him some, since they were both Lucain... Though she could easily bet that Xidel wouldn't want her close to him. He seemed like the kind of guy that might have been willing to let himself be hurt but he'd do whatever he could to assure the safety of others. He was a nice guy, seemingly protective, maybe to a fault... But she was trying to read him too early on, wasn't she? Maybe she was wrong, but those were the vibes she got from him anyway.

She nodded and added, "I hope he finds a good home," before changing the subject. "If you ever need any help or company, though, feel free to call. Or, heck, you could come visit me sometime~" She smiled, tails wavering quickly. "Yanno, when you're not busy dealing with boarders."

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 12/11/2009 8:35 AM

Oh..? She was linked(in a way) to someone related to the painter? That seemed pretty neat. Xidel didn't know anyone that was related to someone that was even some what famous. Then again, he didn't really know very many people anyways. It wasn't often that he left the house either. This seemed like even more of a reason to find time to get out of the house for a little while. He would have to wait until he managed to find that Lucain a home though. He didn't trust leaving him alone with the Paragon that was currently taking up residency here as well, or anyone else for that matter.

She was right in assuming that he wouldn't want her to visit with the Lucain. Then again, if she had insisted he probably would have let her anyways to make her happy. He'd probably just make sure that he was in there with her or something to make sure nothing happened. Xidel had already seen the male Lucain attack others after all, and he didn't want Metha to become another one of those victims.

"I wouldn't mind visiting some day. It sounds like it would be a lot of fun. It gets rather lonely around here when there are no boarders, so I'm sure having company would be nice." For the time being he seemed really happy. Like, actually happy and not just putting on the image of being happy for the sake of someone else. He had met many people and pets since they came through here either to find a new home or to adopt someone, but none had really become close to him other than Nyt, who didn't even have any contact with him once he left this house. Now though... it felt as though he had a true friend, even if he hadn't known her for very long.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/21/2009 12:42 PM

Metha nodded her head frantically, pleased that Xidel seemed to have accepted her offer in coming to visit her sometime. She adored guests, so long as they were proper. She could recall one creature that she had to chase off when she had taken in a firey-appearing Quiksylph, but that was only because of a threat it made toward that whom adopted it in the end. She had a love for children, too, though she was unable to have them because of her crazy family line. She recalled her memory of a young Kuhna child, named Benji, which had taken in the Quiksylph. Children had such open minds and imaginations that they could usually see everything she did without her assistance. Their innocence and creativity were wonderful!

In truth, the Lucain woman was getting a little antsy. She was a little afraid of scaring Xidel off, so she made her best effort to sit still and not to sound "crazy," like so many others said she was. By all means, she was insane, but it wasn't in any bad sense. She wasn't a psychotic killer or anything like that! That would be tragic. Yea, so she may not have had the most lovely of pasts, but...

With a wiggle of her Lucain ears, Metha opened her mouth to speak, "I'm afraid that I need to admit..." Her eyes moved to Xidel's face, to the smile that he wore. She was glad to see him smile, but she was also curious... "Er, weeeell. Do you happen to be friends with an unusual appearing Meji? She... She's a winged Meji, with unusual markings upon her face. She goes by the name of Clone, as far as I know..."

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 12/16/2010 11:59 PM

For a few moments everything seemed rather... quiet. Not just quiet, but more the awkward kind of silence that settles in when no one knows what to say. Xidel was starting to become slightly worried that he had upset her somehow. After all, he didn't really know many people and didn't know much in the way of conversation starters. He also didn't really know how to read people well. It was one of the things that always made it so hard to pick someone to send a pet home with.

His heart sank for a moment when Metha finally spoke again. Afraid to admit? Had he really done something wrong after all? The chaos of his mind was clearly written across his eyes, though it was soon relieved as the woman continued speaking. In fact, he seemed rather happy that she would bring up mention of the a peculiar Meji.

Smiling, Xidel gave a nod. "Yes, I do know her! Not all that well I suppose you could say, but I definitely know her. I believe she said she'd visit me again some time soon." Their few meetings in the past had been rather short, but within the amount of time he had known her he had grown rather fond of the Meji. He would... well, he easily considered his only friend really.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/17/2010 12:49 AM

For an instant, Metha had also been worried as she watched Xidel's expression change. While he had worried over himself doing something wrong, that very same worry came over her mind. Had she somehow offended him? She was trying so hard not to, she would feel terrible if she did! Yet, soon enough, his expression changed again and he answered her odd little question.

Ah ha! So she was correct! This pleased her, causing her three tails to wag back and forth excitedly. "Oh, I see. That might explain it then! I wasn't sure if you knew her personally or not. She doesn't exactly make all that much sense all the time." With Clone's talk of knowing people from some other dimension that they didn't even know about, but were somehow also in, it was anyone's guess if she had actually known this Xidel or not.

Here, Metha chuckled softly. "Ah, now, I said I was going to admit something, didn't I? Weeell, Clone began to encourage me to meet with my neighbors. It is, in part, of how I ended up here," she explained. "I love visitors and visiting, you see, but I am afraid that I am a little... strange... The only visitors I ever get is her or someone coming out to adopt one of my residents. Even then, when the door bites them, they often tend to run away." With the last of her words, Metha's expression grew a little glum. That door had chased off a good amount of people, she was sure.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate