Almost large enough to be considered a theme park while remaining free to the public, Terrace Park is rumored to have been the site of the Grand Hollowheart's defeat, leading to the Hollowhearts first accepting a pact with humans. (+2 Fame, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Terrace Park

A Day in the Park :: Private ::

Postby xLavenderKisses » 03/11/2010 1:21 PM

It was a bright sunny day, perfect for a stroll in the park. Meka was bored at home, and decided an adventure was necessary. Okay, that's a lie. She really only just wanted to go and collect some pretty plants and take pictures, but hey, that could turn into an adventure. "Such a nice day !!" Meka exclaimed with a grin, drawing curious stares from the few families having their picnic on the soft, green grass. Noticing the stares, she giggled then raised a tiny arm to wave. With strides of her strong legs, she was quickly under the shelter of a cluster of bushes and trees.

:: 1::
Zoo PenDragon CaveLaviee Art
Midnight StarWishlistTumblr Blog

Haaaaa. You got blinded. Durrrrrr.
xLavenderKisses
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 54
Donate

Re: A Day in the Park :: Private ::

Postby xLavenderKisses » 03/11/2010 1:28 PM

Meka looked around. There many, many different bushes around here, and they were all different colours and sizes. She saw dark green, light green, bright yellow, deep red, orange, and even curious shades of purple. "They're all so pretty ~ " she sighed to herself. She sat for a few moments under the shade, just enjoying this day's warm sunshine and the gentle breeze that was combing her feathers. She forgot about the annoying whining from Dark and the danger of misplaced paints from Prism at home and enjoyed this rare moment of serene silence in her life.

:: 2 ::

xLavenderKisses
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby xLavenderKisses » 03/11/2010 1:37 PM

Of course, nothing good could last, and this one good thing in Meka's life didn't last for all that long. Well, this surprise isn't necessarily a bad thing, but quite . . . unexpected.  A baby sparrow dropped from a branch above her and right into her lap. "Oh !!" she gasped, "What happened to you? Poor thing . . ." The Gyrraptor took the little creature into her stubbly arms awkwardly and looked up. There was a tangle of branched and clusters of leaves blocking the way, and she could see no nest in sight. "I can't see your nest . . . Why don't you stay and keep me company until your mama comes to find you? I'm taking pictures of animals and collecting samples of leaves, flowers and other plants for my plant book. You can help !!"

:: 3 ::

xLavenderKisses
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby xLavenderKisses » 03/11/2010 1:56 PM

The little bird was shivering and letting out scared noises. Meka frowned. Perhaps it was in shock? She remembered reading something about little chicks going into shock if they ever fall while on their first flight. The bird did look like it was only just newly fledged. "The book also said that warmth would help . . . I think . . . " Quickly, she grabbed her bag and dumbed out its contents next to her. Thankfully there was only her handy camera, a few pieces of crumpled paper, and her keystone bag. She looked into the bag, inspecting it. Satisfied, she took off her scarf and lined the bag with it. It was getting too warm anyway. Then the bird went in. It was still shivering, but less violently after snuggling into the warm scarf. Meka grinned happily and slung the bag over her shoulder. She hung the tiny pouch of keystones over her neck and took her camera in her little claws. She stood up, ready to begin her search of pretty plants when she looked back over her shoulder to see the crumpled pieces of paper, and quickly went back to pick them up. She'll have to find a trash can first, never leave garbage anywhere, especially a park !!

:: 4 ::

xLavenderKisses
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby xLavenderKisses » 03/11/2010 2:06 PM

Meka was humming with a huge grin on her face as she skipped around the park, looking for a trash can. The weather was beautiful; the sun was shinning, it was warm, she was at the park taking a stroll, there was no Dark or Prism to bother her, and she was helping a poor birdie, and helping people made her happy. Her quest for a trash can didn't take too long. It seemed that the people who maintain this park cared a lot for the ecosystem. She dropped the paper into the trash can and turned towards the centre of the park. She surveyed the many trees and bushes and clusters of flowers, debating where to go first. "How wonderful !! I'm going to explore the whole thing !!"

:: 5 ::

xLavenderKisses
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby xLavenderKisses » 11/06/2010 2:18 AM

At the middle of the park was a giant fountain of smooth, white marble brimming with crystal clear water. It seemed that the fountain was off though, since only a little bit of water was flowing from the grand statue in the middle. Meka climbed onto the side of the fountain's basin carefully, trying not to jostle her pouch too much. She lowered her face close to the water, looking at her reflection for a moment then trying to see past it, into the bottom of the fountain. "Look there, birdie," she said gleefully, "there are so many pretty, sparkley pebbles and coins down there!"

xLavenderKisses
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

A Day in the Park .: 7 :.

Postby xLavenderKisses » 11/06/2010 2:21 AM

Some chirps interrupted her fascination with the fountain's contents. Noticing the fledgling's struggles to get out of her pouch, Meka quickly nudged it open to let it out. "Oh! You seem much better now. That's wonderful," she sang happily. Then suddenly, the poor Gyrraptor was drenched in water. Fortunately, the chick was shielded from the water by Meka's flailing wings. The bird flapped its wings and managed to lift off, trilling its high voice in laughter at Meka's wet feathers. "Well that isn't very nice..." she sulked.

xLavenderKisses
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate