Almost large enough to be considered a theme park while remaining free to the public, Terrace Park is rumored to have been the site of the Grand Hollowheart's defeat, leading to the Hollowhearts first accepting a pact with humans. (+2 Fame, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Terrace Park

Unable to Smile (P)

Postby Flowza » 06/12/2010 4:39 PM

(sorry it took so long  ::S:  and I know the title kind of sucks but I had trouble thinking of something else)

Myron glumly walked down the Terrace Park trail, his head bent down as he watched his paws slowly move their way.   Some would question whether he would walk into something but he had no concern of that.  He knew the park like the back of his hand, it was his favourite place to go.  Usually he would be walking at a faster pace, a pensive look on his face, unlike the depressed one he wore now.  Finally he reached his destination, a polished wood bench with the best view of the park.  He jumped up and slouched in the seat.  It was a beautiful day, the sun was shining and the grass was green.  He could see many creatures with smiles spread aross their faces.  Myron sighed and pouted even more.  Why was he so unhappy lately?  Why couldn't he smile like one of them?  Nothing bad had happened to him recently, he just woke up one morning a month ago and found no purpose in his life.  He had his hobbies, friends, and a healthy life but it wasn't the same as it was before.  There was something missing and yet, he could not figure it out.  It was like trying to piece together a puzzle but some parts were missing.
You always seemed so sure
That one day we'd be fighting a suburban war
your part of town against mine
I saw you standing on the opposite shore
But by the time the first bombs fell
We were already bored

We were already, already bored
Sometimes I can't believe it
I'm movin' past the feeling

ImageImage
Flowza
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 393
Donate
Location: In a Dream *correction* I'm not? Hehe well that changes alot

Re: Unable to Smile (P)

Postby ShadowStitches » 06/15/2010 7:21 AM

(eh, sorry that it took so long for me to respond...the last few days where...hard to say the least :P)

Amanda trailed through the park, her walk, as always, gracious and lady like, and her face in a neutral,
more or less friendly mask. She was a pretty good actor when she wanted to be. She just needed to get
a little bit of fresh air. The shop she was running seemed to burry her, and with the chaots living at her home
it all was a little stress full to her the last week. Well, nothing better then to take a little walk in the park.
She had to admit tho, that all the happy faces where another punch in the belly to her. She made her way to her favorite bench, just to see another Kuhna already sitting on it. She furrowed her brows slightly, shrugged it off and jumped boldly on the bench, of course with an polite distance, and curled her tails arround her.
She scanned him curiously from an corner of her eye. he was...uh...sticky. but he smellt good and she simply
was interested in him. But the poor dear looked so sad! She shifted her weight slightly. One half of her being curious and maybe even wanting to help, the other thinking that the guy maybe wouldnt even want to talk,
and anyway, she had her own sorrows.
A short time later, she turned  fully towars him, and asked softly "hello, uhm...I hope I dont come
over as curious but...are you okay?"
Cannot say, I'm breaking the rules
If I can glue em back together.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 672
Donate

Postby Flowza » 06/15/2010 8:39 PM

(no problem, understandable ^_^)

Myron had been busy sulking away when he heard a soft feminin voice that made him jump.  "hello, uhm...I hope I dont come over as curious but...are you okay?".  He studied the female kuhna who had decided to sit beside him, not that he cared of course.  Actually, it was quite bold to sit beside a complete stranger, you have to give someone credit for that.  Myron reconized her from the times he had been on his way to the bench but never had the chance to talk to her.  She had to be about the same age as himself, and had a neatly groomed brown and pink pelt, but it was her eyes that really caught his attention.  They were the color of pink fuchia that made all his senses brighten.  He felt a little more cheerful, which was a much better improvment from the last couple weeks.  Realizing that he hadn't answered the kuhna yet he quickly responded, "Oh, uh, yeah, I mean, no... well, I think so?" , he blushed slightly.  What could he tell her?  It's not like he could simply say Yeah well I've been feeling really depressed lately now could he?  That certainly wouldn't make a good impression.  Instead he changed the subject, "I'm Myron" he introduced himself, giving a friendly smile.  She had given a friendly impression so he continued,  "It seems that we like the same bench", he said, in a very non-territorial way.
We were already bored

ImageImage
Flowza
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 06/16/2010 6:01 PM

She smiled at his response, and cought herself thinking that he was quite cute, blushing and all that.
allthough he avoided to properly answer her question.  //well, if he does not want to, its his decision// She would not bore more into it. If he wanted to tell her later on, she would be happy to listen to him, if not, it was good also. She hated it if people where overly curious, and much rather kept a
polite distance untill the people came to her. "I'm Amanda" she said, tilting her head slightly.
"Yeah the bench.its a very nice place to...just relax and enjoy the sight. I really just come here to get my head free and..." She just then recognized that she was babbeling away, and now it was her turn to blush. // why the hell am i telling this a complete stranger?// her guess was that she just was happy to talk, and he seemed nice..."I'm sorry, just babbling away....uhm...so, do you come here often?" she asked. If she wouldnt have her head arround herself and her problems when taking a walk, she shurely would have recognized him. But, sadly, Amanda's vice was a slight arrogance...

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Flowza » 06/18/2010 5:28 PM

Myron smiled when she blushed, "No don't be sorry, I don't mind" , he said.  Myron really meant it, he liked the distraction from his own miserable life, plus, she was an interesting person to talk to.  When she asked if he came here often, he was surprised that Amanda hadn't seen him before considering the fact that he usually tried to come to the park at least every two days.  "Come here often? Thats an understatment, I come here alot" , he said, emphizing the word alot.    "I dont know how to explain it, but its like you said, its a great place to relax and enjoy the sights and get your head free" , he said, shrugging his shoulders.  He wanted to ask her something else but couldn't think of anymore small talk without getting too personal.  He turned at stared at the park spread before him.   "Who wouldn't love a place like this? The atmosphere is so positive with smiling people, laughing children, and happy families" , he confessed, forgetting he was talking to a person he had just met.  He shook his head, coming back to reality. Had he just said that to Amanda!?  You idiot!, Myron scolded himself.  Hopefully now she won't think I'm weird or something, he thought, totally embarassed.
We were already bored

ImageImage
Flowza
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 06/28/2010 4:01 AM

"oh, I'm sorry, I must have overseen you...always have my head in the clouds, silly me"she said with an
apologizing smile. She listened to what he said about the park, and nodded her head. She did not mind
that he was so open to her. In fact, she actually liked it."Jes its like...like there's at least a little bit of
carefree inocence left here...oh, I'm getting a little poetic here"
she giggeled embaressed.
she looked at him for a while, before blurting out "you know, its nice to talk to someone like you openly,
considering the people I'm arround usually are more then incaptable of listening"
She bit her lip,
now in the same inbarresment as Myron. He had something wierd arround him, wich made her just
babble away. This was very untypical for her...

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Flowza » 12/27/2010 6:16 PM

Myron felt more comfortable and less tense next to Amanda, she likes talking to me, he thought happily.  He knew how she felt in a way, Myron felt like no one wanted to listen to him anymore and Amanda was a breath of fresh air to say the least.  "I understand,but thanks. It's nice to know too that someones actually listening to me.  Where I come from its seems like my friends are always busy and have something else to do", he sighed.  Myron shook his head, realizing the negativity he was inputting into the conversation, something he wanted to avoid. He thought of a new topic to change the atmosphere."Anyways... where do you come from?", he asked curiously, hoping he wasn't being too nosy, he just wanted to display a less depressing impression.
We were already bored

ImageImage
Flowza
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 12/28/2010 10:18 AM

Amanda looked at him concerned, seeing that the topic upset him. Well, she could understand him in this...
She would feel bad if her friends had no time to listen...In her case, most of the people she lived with where simply...well...a little too exentric to her, to put it that way(and not say that they where either insane, silly or extremely shady...that would be rude). Actually, there where very few she really counted as her friends..
She wanted to somehow make him feel better, but he avoided the topic by changing it galantly. well, she
wouldnt poke around in an open wound...if he wanted to talk about it, he would...
She was a little surprised by his question, but had no problem to tell him...he seemed trustworthy and
charmant. "Well, I live at a Mansion near Medicai city...Its some sort of big...flat share thing you could say."
She looked a little...annoyed one could say. She had her free room, shure, but some times it all was just a little
too close to her. "and you? where do you live?" she asked softly.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Flowza » 12/28/2010 7:07 PM

Myron cocked his head at Amanda's response a flat share thing?, nothing he had ever heard of or could imagine. But of course, he had heard of homes that weren't easy to describe.  His own zoo pen was quite different, but then again, a lot of them were.  "Oh I live in an abandoned tea house," odd how he said it so causally as if it were an every day thing to live in, "its on the outskirts of the Roraldi Forests".  It was quite a beautiful location and lovely building too although lately it had been busier. "Its getting more residences lately, making my trips to the park more regular", he confessed.  "Don't get me wrong, I like newcomers its just that with more creatures, there's a  tense atmosphere sometimes," he said "thats when I like to write poems", he said smiling brightly.  It was one of his favorite things to do other than going to the park,"it helps clear my head, you know?". Wow, he rarely ever told people about his poetry writing.  Just something about Amanda made it so easy for him to chat...

{5}
We were already bored

ImageImage
Flowza