Almost large enough to be considered a theme park while remaining free to the public, Terrace Park is rumored to have been the site of the Grand Hollowheart's defeat, leading to the Hollowhearts first accepting a pact with humans. (+2 Fame, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Terrace Park

New to the world (Millie, potterchic, and I)

Postby HunnyBun » 09/12/2010 12:58 AM

The white Fenref carried the little Kuhna Kit tenderly in his mouth as he walked towards the playground. He was sent out by their owner to let the little one stretch her legs out for the first time. The little kit blinked constantly, looking around at the new scenery. Her mouth hung open as she looked, amazed. She had never been out of the pen, or at least not since since she had been brought there. It was always cause she was still to small to leave. But now that Butch was there to take care of her, she was allowed to visit the park. She squirmed, impatient to take her first stroll outside of the pen.
"Calm down.." Butch said from the sides of his mouth.
"But, but, but..." The little kit whined.
She squirmed again, she was so excited!

We're waiting every night
To finally roam and invite
Newcomers to play with us
For many years we've been all alone

.: ~Pen~ :.
.: ~Sales~ :.
.: ~Breeder~ :.
.: ~Imp. Doc~ :.
HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 263
Donate

Re: New to the world (Millie, potterchic, and I)

Postby MillietheWarrior » 09/12/2010 1:57 AM

(Human Form)

The little girl was playing alone on the playground, bouncing a ball up and down with a blank expression on her face. Her bright shock of turquoise hair stood out among the other inhabitants of the jungle gym. Perhaps this was why the other children steered clear of her. Or maybe it was her empty, expressionless eyes that had them giving the little girl a wide berth. Either way, it was hard to tell. She didn’t seem to mind though, as she idly bounced the ball up and down, her fathomless, empty eyes focused on the sidewalk in front of her. Two little ears twitched out of the mop of curly hair on top of her head, and if it hadn’t been for the adorable bow perched precariously above one of them, she might have, for all intents and purposes, looked much like a little boy.

With her baggy overalls and her unbalanced, unlaced shoes, she seemed a messy little hazard waiting to happen. But she instead focused on her ball and watched it bounce up and down, as though the sphere held some kind of magical secret she was bent on deciphering. Maybe, for her, it really did, but like all children, her attention span could only focus on one thing for so long. The sound of footsteps crunching in the bark carefully laid out to keep the older kids from getting anything more than a splinter caught her attention. The little girl preferred the sandy area, but that thought was only one of many that whizzed through her head as she stared at the Fenref and the kit. Her eyes watched, gaze lifting slowly, emptily, towards them, before she tilted her head. She could feel the excitement rolling off the kit.

Much like her twin, she was endowed with a strange power inherited from her mother, and from her grandparents. In the little girls’ case, it was the ability ton read and absorb thoughts and emotions. The excitement spilled off the kit like water, and greedily, the girl drank it up, the ball falling forgotten to the sidewalk as she strolled towards them. “You're new,” she said blatantly, pointing at the kit and the Fenref with one imperious finger. She didn’t seem concerned with manners. “I’ve never seen you before. What’s your name?” Seems like she got right to the point. “How come you're so excited? It’s not like the playground is really fun. My papa says it’s like 'a death trap for children.' But I think that’s just ‘cuz he can’t play in the ball pen.”

[1]

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate