Almost large enough to be considered a theme park while remaining free to the public, Terrace Park is rumored to have been the site of the Grand Hollowheart's defeat, leading to the Hollowhearts first accepting a pact with humans. (+2 Fame, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Terrace Park

The Ten of Swords. [Self]

Postby Mousen » 11/06/2010 1:27 PM

They hadn't spoken in a while. Astolat was beginning to worry about her, it wasn't as if he'd said anything to offend her... Right? He glanced at his reflection in a puddle, he and Elsinore had gone back a long time, they'd been friends since they'd been kits. Best friends. Nothing had ever come between them, Astolat Aramanthus was still under the impression that nothing ever would, he was completely convinced that even matters of the heart would not spoil a friendship so dear.

Still, for some reason he felt the urge to make sure his appearance was atleast half decent, he pushed his uncut pale hair out of his eyes, it didn't help much, whatever he did his hair would always fall back in his eyes. Which inturn made his already iffy vision even worse, Astolat wasn't going to drop himself to the level of wearing glasses. Astolat hated glasses. He almost cursed his stupidity at the fact he'd managed to lose his contacts, they were actually coloured contacts too, they hid his light, almost eerie eye colour. He'd only begun to wear them a few months ago, before that he'd made do with his overly large, bug-eye glasses that made his eyes look twice the size they were. Not a good thing when you had really creepy eyes to begin with. Astolat's eyes were very pale and very penetrating, unnerving.

It had been a good few months since he'd last saw Elsinore and he couldn't work out why he was so nervous. It was because of her he'd started wearing his contacts in the first place, last time they'd hinted at her dislike for his unnerving, pale eyes. Still, it wasn't as if he hadn't made an effort, he wore a very simple pale coloured shirt and blue demin jeans. He had a nervous smile on his face as he waited for her to show up.

(Click Pet image for human form)

We’re all hysterical & going nowhere together.

C’mon rapture. Let’s go bedazzling.

Nothing gets futured without its own spitshine
& I’m already not not not not not not miraculous.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 160
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Re: The Ten of Swords. [Self]

Postby Mousen » 11/06/2010 1:53 PM

She was surprised at how grown up he looked. Elsinore almost smiled, he didn't look any different from when they'd last seen each other, yet everything was different. It was undeniably clear it was Astolat, but he looked so much older, she could barely get over it. He hadn't noticed her yet, she was the one who had changed most out of the two, while Astolat had stayed the very optimistic and kind soul he had always been, it was Elsinore who had grown up a little more. She stepped slightly to the side, hoping that Astolat would recognise her.  

"Elle?" He asked tentatively, making sure it was her. He was amazed at how different she looked, so much older, and... Well how beautiful she was. Little did he know how long she'd spent doing her hair in front of the mirror this morning,
"Astolat?" She asked back, even though she was certain it was him.

Astolat got up off the bench he was sat on and he stood a little way from her, slightly awkwardly infact. "Hi..." he said lamely, cursing himself for it.
"It's been a while." she said simply. After a moment she looked back at him. "Didn't you used to wear glasses?" she asked.

(Click pet for human form)

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Re: The Ten of Swords. [Self]

Postby Mousen » 11/12/2010 9:26 AM

"Yes it has." he agreed quietly. As she mentioned his glasses he couldn't help but laugh. "Yes, I did. I swapped over to contacts, but I... erm lost them." he laughed.

"Trust you." she replied, her voice, too quiet. "If there's something important that needs loosing, you'd manage to lose it." Elsinore gave another, self concious half laugh. There was definitely an amount of awkwardness between them, something that both of them were aware of, but neither of them were mentioning.

"You've barely changed." she said. "I mean you look so different, but still the same as before. If you know what I mean."

"You've changed alot too," There was a decent amount of humour in his eyes, despite the awkwardness. "I remember when you swore you were never going to wear anything but cargo pants and rugby shirts."
That caused the two of them to laugh again. "What happened to never ever wearing contacts?" she countered.

"[b]Very good." [/b]

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate