Almost large enough to be considered a theme park while remaining free to the public, Terrace Park is rumored to have been the site of the Grand Hollowheart's defeat, leading to the Hollowhearts first accepting a pact with humans. (+2 Fame, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Terrace Park

Woof. Bark. And All That Good Stuff [P-M.WilsonHunt]

Postby Celtic » 12/06/2010 7:05 PM

((Yay for superduper long title! 8D! -shot-))

Explosion might be her name, but it was definitely not her game. It didn't even suit her! In fact if you saw her right now, you would think she was the most boring person in the world. The little dalma was sitting under a tree, reading a book that should be too advanced for her. But the truth is... Is that you wouldn't be far off. Not if you didn't know her for a long-ish period of time. Sye didn't really come out of her shell or joke like at all with people unless she was incredibly comfortable with it and it's not because she's shy either. It's just because she likes to know what offends people and what the boundaries are.

It was only mid-afternoon, and like any puppy her age, Sye didn't exactly want to be reading her book. In fact she really wanted to be out playing and chasing birds around the park, except being who she was, Sye didn't exactly make friends easily so she didn't have anyone to play with. But every once in a while the poor dalma would look up from her book and sigh a little before returning to her reading.

[1]

((Okay. So she's a little more depressing that I thought she would be, but she should get better soon XD))

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's
in love and flowers pick themselves

- e. e. cummings

[ Z o o P e n ][ W i s h l i s t ]
Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 199
Donate

Re: Woof. Bark. And All That Good Stuff [P-M.WilsonHunt]

Postby Atoli01 » 12/11/2010 3:05 PM

It was a really nice day out. Like, really nice - sun shining, birds chirping, the flowers around the park in full bloom. I always loved days like this, since they were great for playing! Even though no one came with me, I would still have fun; who needed friends to have fun on such a beautiful day? I slowly walked along the cobblestone bricks that marked the paths around the perimeter of the park.

A smile spread across my lips as I spotted a light brown bird and chased after it, hopping off the sidewalk and into the green grass. Sure, I had no intention of actually capturing it - I hated hurting others - but, it was still fun. I mean, they thought I was trying to attack them, so of course they would fly away. I continued to chase the birds, all of them hurrying away at my approach.

I had a lot of energy, but I was getting tired. I walked over to the nearest tree and climed up the trunk of it.I found a sturdy branch once I had gotten up and carefully walked over to it, the other branches and leaves softly grazing my skin. Once I was sure I had enough balance, I laid down on top of the branch, looking around. I spotted a Dalma below me, reading a book. I sighed. Such a waste of a wonderful day like this.

"Hey, Dalma! Wanna play?" I looked down and smiled, my tail waving back and forth.

{{Mocha: 1}}

((Ugh, sorry I took so long to post. Real life caught up with me this week. Namely, the drama. >.>))

A beautiful moon shines above again tonight,
And it sheds light happily over the world.
As for me, I'm just worthless, good for nothing,
Dreaming at daybreak, creeping at dawn.

Still I'll scream into the sky, hoping that somebody will find me.
I want to run, but there's no way out--
No bright future in sight.
But I still fly up like a butterfly, hoping that you'll find me.
A crescent moon, ugly children of the stars, flying with broken wings...!

Home | Imp. Docs. | Sales | Listing
Journal | Wishes | Roleplays
Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1035
Donate

Postby Celtic » 12/12/2010 2:50 PM

Said dalma was confused. Very, very confused. There was a voice coming from nowhere it seemed! Absolutely nowhere! She had just been reading her book, enjoying the day (kinda) and then a bit of wind (it seemed) started talking. Sye whipped her head around, looking every which way before scrambling to her feet. Either she was going crazy or this was someone's idea of a joke.

Deciding that the unknown thing could be in one of two places, Sye circled the tree, ending up in front of her book looking extremely confused. She didn't have a clue anymore if she had actually heard someone say something or if she had simply imagined it.

"Uhm... Hello?" Sye finally called, resorting to looking like a crazy or actually finding out who was there.

[2]

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 12/12/2010 3:37 PM

Even though it might have seemed a little cruel, I laughed a bit as the confused Dalma was looking around. It wasn't often you got good entertainment like this. So I decided to sit back for a few minutes, watching it. I didn't mean for it to be this way - the Dalma being confused and all - but I was too lazy to jump down from the branch.

She had looked everywhere except above her. I thought I had stuck out, really. I mean, I was pink and in a green tree. You'd think I'd stand out, y'know? Even if the Dalma hadn't looked up, you would figure - I would at least - that a big pink blob perched atop a branch in a green tree would at least be spotted out the corner of they're eye.

"I'm up here, in the branches, silly!" I shifted my position a bit so that my paws were hanging off either side of the branch, along with my tail.

{{Mocha: 2}}

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 12/12/2010 4:31 PM

...Sye sighed. She really was daft sometimes. See, that's what happened when you were simply book smart, you lose any sort of common sense! The dalma raised her head to see a a bunch of pinky/purple leaves. After studying it for a few more seconds, it finally hit her, she was looking at a learf. Wow. She was stupid.

"Oh! Uh.. Sorry, I've never had to look in a tree for someone, I guess I just didn't think it logical." Wow, really? Could she not be anymore adult-ish?! Sye was about ready to bang her head on the tree. Socializing really was not something she was good at. In fact, it was probably the one thing she completely sucked at. And now she was going to scare off someone who actually wanted to play. She just couldn't do anything right it seemed.

[3]

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 12/12/2010 4:55 PM

I smiled again when the Dalma's eyes finally drifted towards me. I flicked my tail happily. Judging from the Dalma's voice, it was definitely a she. It wasn't that hard to confuse other's voices; well, most of the time, that is. But she was a girl... a lot of girl's weren't as hyper and playful as the boys were. Then again, you never know! I'm a girl and I'm more active and hyper than a lot of boys!

I laughed just a little at her comment, replying, "Don't worry about it! I suppose not everyone climbs in trees, after all..."

I jumped down from my branch, landing perfectly on all fours. I shook my head softly, sending the couple of leaves that were atop my head flying off. I curiously looked at the Dalma from a distance first, before coming closer and circling around her a few times. I nudged the bow around her neck softly with my nose.

"I really like the bow! I wish I had something pretty like that to wear all the time." I sighed at the end and backed away from her, smiling.

{{Mocha: 3}}

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 12/12/2010 7:29 PM

Sye stood very, very still when the learf came close to her. She was a firm believer in personal space, that and she was incredibly protective of her bow. It was the only thing from her past not in ashes, and it was going to stay as pristinely clean as possible. But, the learf wasn't all that dirty, so she couldn't do too much damage and even though it seemed to physically pain her, Sye didn't snap or growl.

"Uh, yes, I guess so. Though wearing it can be quite, ah, tedious. Having to keep it clean and from ripping so I'm not generally able to go adventure most of the time." Not that she really liked to adventure, but it still hindered her from that, considering she never took it off except to sleep. Never. It was always around her neck like a lucky necklace.

[4]

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 12/12/2010 8:29 PM

A breeze came by, sending my ears flopping into my face. I sighed as a frown came across my face. I absolutely hated having things in my face, even if it was me. The tip of my ear quickly brushed across my nose, causing me to sneeze. My eyes followed a black bird that flew almost right in front of our faces, my tail twitching again.

"Why don't ya take the bow off, then? I mean, you're sure missing a lot by going out on adventures!" I stared down at my feet for a second before continuing, "Although, the only adventure I've been on is going to the park here, haha. Everyone back home thinks that I'm still too young to be going out adventuring."

I sat down, softly touching a daisy that was growing out of the ground. After a few seconds, I decided to lay down on my stomach and sniff it. I couldn't smell anything, though... I quickly looked back up at the Dalma, sitting back up.

"Oh, by the way, my name is Mocha."

{{Mocha: 4}}

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 12/12/2010 9:31 PM

She truely was odd, but then again Sye knew that kids her age were spacey and well, exciteable. But to Sye, it was a nice change of pace. She'd been simply meandering until now, tending to avoid people who weren't bookworms and quiet. Although the dalma was feeling overwhelmed, it twas indeed a nice thing.

"Uh... It's just something I've always had with me since I can remember. I don't like not having it on." Sye looked to her paws, wiggling them uncomfortably, "I'm Explosion," Sye grinned, her real name always gave people a laugh, "Though most just call me Sye. Explosion's just a mouthful and not exactly what people would call a name." In fact, the last person to really call her that had looked so uncomfortable that Sye had to laugh just at remembering it, "Nice to meet cha Mocha."

[5]

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 12/21/2010 2:28 AM

I smiled and started flicking the random blades of grass around with my paw. "I like the name Explosion~ Although, ya dun seem very hyper."

But really, she didn't seem hyper. I honestly doubted that a hyper person would be wasting a day as wonderful as this reading a book. Well, at least I wouldn't But then again, I was the very definition of hyper, basically as hyper as anyone could get. I continued flicking the grass back and forth as I waited for her response. Ugh, the grass just wouldn't stay how you bent it... it annoyed the heck outta me.

After a few more seconds I looked up at her again and nodded, "It's really nice to meet you, too!"

{{Mocha: 5}}

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 12/21/2010 4:51 PM

That was true enough, Sye wasn't hyper. She just wasn't made as most other children, she liked her books and her alone time. Which led to these awkward conversations. Sye sighed, "I think I was named for my spots," Sye turned a little so Mocha could see the splattering of dots that went up her side. She adored her pattern in the same way she adored her bow. It was her testimate to being unique, something she took great pride in. But even pride wore off after a few moments and she was back to feeling awkward.

"Uhm... So, er, what do ya wanna do?" Sye didn't have a clue what kids her age did. As far as she knew they could have laboratories and performed experiments, she was that disconnected to society.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 12/21/2010 10:36 PM

Once Sye had turned around, I took time to look at her spots. And she was right, in that matter; it did look like there was an explosion of spots on her. I smiled and laughed a little. Explosion certainly was an odd name, but I liked it none the less. I mean, I wasn't normal in the least. I was way too hyper to be considered normal.

I looked towards the birds that were flying around, replying, "Well, we could chase birds~ It's tons of fun, y'know? Or~ We could always play tag!"

{{Gah, sorry for the short post... DX}}

{{Mocha: 6}}

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 12/22/2010 8:27 PM

Chase..... Birds? Is that seriously what kids her age did? Really? Sye tried not to think negatively on this, but honestly. Were children that simple? The dalma whined in her mind. She couldn't imagine something so.... Simple, so trivial to be even the slightest bit entertaining. But, she was trying to make friends, right? She was trying to connect to society, trying to not be so alone all the time. But.... This? Sye wasn't sure she could stoop so low. But she would.

"Um.... Okay. I've never tried it before..." Sye gulped. No one said it was physically painful to make friends. Oh my Xu'hai. She would just have to cross her fingers and hope for the best.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 12/22/2010 8:57 PM

I couldn't help to laugh a little - but just a little. "You've never chased birds before? Well, 'cmon! You're a Dalma! You've gotta get in touch with you inner Dalma!"

Even I wasn't a Dalma, I always chased birds. And plus, I think some humans referred to Dalmas as dogs, or canines. Maybe there were creatures like Dalmas where they came from. But either way, my owner told me that she used to have a dog that always used to chase birds. She had also told me that somehow, I reminded her just a little bit of a dog, so it must not be that strange that I chased birds, right?

"Well, y'see, ya dun really hafta capture the little birds or nothin'. Just come close to em' and bam! They'll go and fly away!" I smiled and laughed just a little.

After that, I went and ran into the grass in the middle of the park - there were tons of birds there! In my opinion, there was no other place to chase birds in this park - no, in all of Evelon! It seemed like they swarmed here or something. Maybe 'cuz of all the humans givin' em' food.

I turned around to face her, saying, "Like so!" I spotted a bird trying to hide in the grass and crouched down a lil'. Once I was sure it didn't see me, I went and pounced towards it, causing it to quickly fly away. I laughed and turned to face Sye again, waiting for her to try.

{{Mocha: 7}}

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 12/23/2010 3:50 PM

Sye gulped. She wasn't so sure about this idea, not to mention she nearly died hearing that it was a stereotype for her species. Oh no, what was she and why was she so unfortunate enough to be reduced to such a mindless activity as bird chasing. Yet, she had already told herself time and time again she was going to try it and if it didn't work out, no one had to know. Yeah. No one at all.

Sye kept her eyes carefully trained on Mocha, taking in every step and every decision. It seemed that there was more to it than she thought, making sure the bird didn't take off before you lept. The dalma's face showed every unsure thought she had, but when it was her turn, Sye puffed out her chest, scanned for a bird and ran after it.

...Yeah. No. Point blank running? Didn't really work out. The bird flew long before Sye was there, it had seen her and took straight off. Leaving Sye staring at the sky, before leveling her gaze. This was something she would get right, even if it was the last thing she did today. D8<

And so Sye went after more birds, each time trying a different technique, but never quite getting it. The bird always saw her. Someone had better help her out.

[8]

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items