Almost large enough to be considered a theme park while remaining free to the public, Terrace Park is rumored to have been the site of the Grand Hollowheart's defeat, leading to the Hollowhearts first accepting a pact with humans. (+2 Fame, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Terrace Park

Re: Woof. Bark. And All That Good Stuff [P-M.WilsonHunt]

Postby Atoli01 » 12/23/2010 4:32 PM

I sat back watching each of her attempts, stifling a laugh each time. She must not have been lying, then. I thought she was kidding just a lil' when she said she had never chased birds before, but she was obviously telling the truth. True, it wasn't easy in the beginning, but once you found the technique that worked best for you, it was a cinch.

I walked over to where Sye was and tried showing her again. "Well, ya really hafta crouch down behind the bird. Think about it - it won't work from the front." After that, I did exactly as I had said, I circled behind the bird and crouched down in the grass.

"Oh, and you hafta try not to make too much noise," I whispered to her. Then, I waited for her to try doing the same. Hopefully, she would get it this time.

{{Mocha: 8}}

A beautiful moon shines above again tonight,
And it sheds light happily over the world.
As for me, I'm just worthless, good for nothing,
Dreaming at daybreak, creeping at dawn.

Still I'll scream into the sky, hoping that somebody will find me.
I want to run, but there's no way out--
No bright future in sight.
But I still fly up like a butterfly, hoping that you'll find me.
A crescent moon, ugly children of the stars, flying with broken wings...!

Home | Imp. Docs. | Sales | Listing
Journal | Wishes | Roleplays
Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1035
Donate

Postby Celtic » 12/24/2010 5:51 PM

Sye narrowed her eyes, but thankfully Mocha had finally came over to help the poor thing. She was trying to get behind the bird, really! She was trying incredibly hard, but they liked to turn around on her! Dx Sye truely was helpless when it came to normal activities. Though, the bit about sound, Sye hadn't even known birds could hear that well. They didn't even have ears! That she could see anyways, just something more she needed to read about.

"So, like this?" Sye spotted another bird, not to far away and instead of running towards it, she trotted until getting closer when she slowed to a stop. She circled it a little, till she was certain it couldn't see her and then she crouched and moved closer...

Crack

...And stepped on a stick, causing the poor bird to swing around and take off. Sye stood back up. This whole bird chasing thing required a lot more than she had expected. :/

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's
in love and flowers pick themselves

- e. e. cummings

[ Z o o P e n ][ W i s h l i s t ]
Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 199
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 12/24/2010 6:03 PM

I sighed; was she ever going to get it? It was sad, but kind of funny. Just her luck to step on the stick, wasn't it? By this time, all of the birds had flown clear to the other end of the park. Oh well, seemed like we were going to hafta take a bit of a walk before I could try to teach her again. I walked over to Sye and sat down.

"If ya wanna keep trying, we could take a walk to get over there," I gestured towards the other side of the park where the birds were now gathered. "Or, y'know, we could always play tag or somethin'... It would 'prolly be a lot easier than chasing birds, anyways."

Hopefully she wouldn't end up taking any offence to the last part, but... For some reason, I just got the hunch that chasing birds wasn't quite her thing. Maybe it was because of the fact that she always scared all of them away, but still... Plus, did she really even wanna be chasing the birds? I was kinda pushy then and practically forced her into trying it, after all.

{{Mocha: 9}}

A beautiful moon shines above again tonight,
And it sheds light happily over the world.
As for me, I'm just worthless, good for nothing,
Dreaming at daybreak, creeping at dawn.

Still I'll scream into the sky, hoping that somebody will find me.
I want to run, but there's no way out--
No bright future in sight.
But I still fly up like a butterfly, hoping that you'll find me.
A crescent moon, ugly children of the stars, flying with broken wings...!

Home | Imp. Docs. | Sales | Listing
Journal | Wishes | Roleplays
Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1035
Donate

Previous