Almost large enough to be considered a theme park while remaining free to the public, Terrace Park is rumored to have been the site of the Grand Hollowheart's defeat, leading to the Hollowhearts first accepting a pact with humans. (+2 Fame, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Terrace Park

Oh Hey, You're a Reaper Too! (Private)

Postby Thunder » 12/11/2010 5:01 PM

(Human Form)

It's relaxing to take a break from one's duties for a while. That was what Azrael was doing just now, wandering around the park, enjoying the fresh air, and checking out some of the girls he passed. He was decked out in all black- hoodie, baggy pants, gloves, and platform boots- and looked much like a regular old teenage boy walking through the park. But he wasn't just any old teenager, he was the leader of the Reapers back in his home world.

He had come to Evelon with a rather strange group that consisted of a girl whose life he took, a half-fallen angel, and a lazy demon lord. Usually they traveled together, but at the holiday season approached, they decided to part ways for a bit and enjoy whatever they wished to do. Such holidays didn't exist back in the Parallel World, after all, and it would be nice to have something different happen for once.

Currently Azrael was hanging out near a fountain in the center of the park, leaning against a tree and examining his surroundings.

"If everyone is one, none will be afraid."

Pen~Breeders~Trades~Wishes~Rentals
Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 877
Donate

Re: Oh Hey, You're a Reaper Too! (Private)

Postby SpringsSong » 12/11/2010 5:32 PM

Ariel sighed as she walked through the park, sighing as she sat underneath a tree, her scythe sitting a couple inches from her foot.  She didn't have to worry about children trying to take it or people taking it from her in fear, however; to them, it was nothing more than a root sticking out of the ground.

She was relieved to get a little break from her duties.  It seemed that whenever she was called to take a soul, it was from someone that she was close to.  She was glad to have a break from it.  Her father had told her that a Reaper was not supposed to have an emotional attachment to any of the souls that they were to take.

And why did I have to be the one child that inherited the Reaper title? she asked herself, sighing.

[1.2]
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Postby Thunder » 12/11/2010 6:03 PM

As he looked around, much to his surprise, Azrael spotted a girl heading under another tree...a girl with a scythe in her hands. She did not look familiar and he assumed that she was not from his world, but her presence intrigued him anyways. And hey, she wasn't bad looking too. She'd probably look even better if she didn't have a tired expression on her face. Azrael decided to approach her and see what was up.

I probably seem like some sort of creeper, he laughed to himself in his mind, as he walked over to the girl. The Reaper stopped a few feet away so the girl would have enough space for comfort. "Hey," he greeted. "I don't mean to sound intrusive...but I couldn't help noticing that scythe of yours." He pointed to the object next to her. "It's a very nice blade, indeed." He smiled warmly as he said this.

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 12/11/2010 6:25 PM

Ariel's head shot up as soon as she heard this, almost automatically on her guard.  Someone had obviously seen her scythe, which meant that there was another Reaper around, because her scythe was meant to only be visible to others of their kind.  However, she tucked a piece of her silver-and-blue hair behind her ear as she offered a tiny smile.

"I suppose it is," she said, placing her hand on it.  "I had to make it myself when I came of age.  Something my father told me about being one of our kind and being able to come into our own.  So, I suppose that you're one of us, then?" she asked, assuming he would catch onto what she meant.

She smiled after a few moments, though the tired look in her eyes was still evident.  "Name's Ariel.  Ariel Angelus," she said.

[1.4]

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thunder » 12/11/2010 7:04 PM

It seemed that Azrael had surprised the girl, but she relaxed soon afterward. He bowed to Ariel, still smiling. "Ariel, I am Azrael," he responded. "And yes, I'm also a Reaper, but not one from this world. Where I come from, I'm in charge of all the other Reapers. It's a bit of a tedious job, but I'm fine with it. My scythe, too, is my own creation."

At this, he extended his right arm and mentally willed his weapon to come forth. A faint purple mist started to seep from his fingers, billowing outwards and elongating before blowing away and revealing Azrael's scythe. It was made of a sturdy kind of wood, painted black, with a slender, crescent shaped, silver blade. Some bandages were wrapped around the handle, and at the top, near the blade, was a shiny red gemstone. Azrael grinned and held the scythe out to Ariel. "Pretty neat, huh?"

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 12/11/2010 7:32 PM

"It is certainly interesting," she replied, looking at hers again.  The wood was a black wood, decorated with a silver filigree.  The blade itself was a paler silver material--maybe mythril?  It certainly was not diamond--and set at the top were two very particular gemstones--a garnet and an aquamarine.

"It took me a while to find the right materials for this scythe," she said, nodding patiently.  "My father, Malum Angelus, stressed the importance of how much our scythes are a part of us, and that is why he said that you have to search out the materials and design it in a way that is very particular to you."

Here, she paused.  "A different world, eh?  That must make things interesting," she said.  "I know some people that are from other worlds, but I myself am from Evelon."

[1.6]

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thunder » 12/11/2010 8:14 PM

"How interesting," Azrael mused. "It seems that the reasons for creating our scythes on our own are very similar. In my world, the Parallel World, Reapers must make their own scythes because they must bind their souls to their scythes. This stone..." He pointed to the red gemstone on his own scythe. "This is what binds us. And other Reapers aren't allowed to touch another Reaper's scythe." He stroked the flat of the blade lightly with his fingers, enjoying the familiar texture of his weapon.

"I came here with a few others to look for a demon prince," Azrael said. "But we're taking a break to enjoy the holidays. We don't get these back in the Parallel World. And you?"

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 12/11/2010 8:23 PM

"Interesting," she said, nodding slowly.  She had a feeling that her soul was also bound to her scythe, but she also understood the importance of not touching another's scythe.

"Mine was also designed to take on the appearance of whatever flora happens to be the least inconspicuous for the area I'm in if I have it on my person.  Otherwise, I can just make it appear and disappear at my will," she said, offering a small smile."

She listened to his story with interest, and she tilted her head in curiosity.  "A demon prince, hm?  Unfortunately, I've not seen or heard of any lately.  As for the holidays... I made an arrangement with the young Reaper that I've been training for her to take on my duties so that I can take a break myself.  She's eager to learn the ropes of being a Reaper, so I figured that this would be as good a gift to her as any."

[1.8]

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thunder » 12/17/2010 8:57 PM

Azrael chuckled at his own memories of training young Reapers. The ones in his world were all people who used to be alive. He too, had been a regular old teenage boy once, and never had Azrael thought he'd become the leader of all the Reapers. He had been rather surprised when he was selected to take on such a duty, and his students had all been surprised as well. Some were even frightened at the thought of being a Reaper.

"So how did you get to be a Reaper?" he asked Ariel, after reminiscing a bit on his own origins. "Me? I perished in a fire that burned down my high school. Not a very pleasant feeling at all. The High Reaper at that time came to me when I died and selected me to be one of his apprentices. I never imagined I would someday take his position."

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 12/28/2010 1:44 AM

"How did I get to be a Reaper..."

Ariel echoed his inquiry as she thought back to that fateful day all those years ago; how her life had been prolonged since then, and how she had virtually stopped aging since the day that she was chosen as a Reaper.  As she listened to Azrael's story, she frowned.

"My father and I are merely normal Reapers," she said quietly.  "I'm not sure where he is now, for I have not seen him since I took my first soul, but I'm sure he's still a Reaper.  I have not experienced my own death, nor will I ever experience such a thing, either; as a child, I could see spirits from time to time, but only for a few moments.  Once I hit the age of sixteen... well, one of my closest friends fell ill.  I stayed by her bedside until, finally, I heard the voice of our own leader say that it was her time.  That was the first time I'd been told to take someone's soul, and my friend... she was so passive about it.  'Always knew you'd end up a Reaper,' she said to me; 'You were always your father's girl.'  I'd be lying if I said I wanted the fate of my brothers and sisters; to not be a Reaper," she said, glaring at her scythe.  "However, the chosen cannot be released."

[2.0]

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thunder » 12/30/2010 12:17 PM

Azrael listened to her story with a sympathetic ear, frowning at the unfortunate fact at Ariel had to take her friend's life. "That is a pity," he sighed. The Reaper sat down beside her in the grass, leaning his back against the tree. "I can't say I know how that feels. I have yet to take the life of someone I know. But perhaps your friend is in a better place?" He looked up into the sky. Some of the souls he saw arriving in the Parallel World were extremely relieved that there was an afterlife. Others found the place too bizarre and were screaming to get back down to Earth, a reaction that amused Azrael whenever he saw it.

"So is being a Reaper genetic for you?" he asked Ariel, deciding to redirect the conversation. "That's certainly not how it works where I come from."

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate