Almost large enough to be considered a theme park while remaining free to the public, Terrace Park is rumored to have been the site of the Grand Hollowheart's defeat, leading to the Hollowhearts first accepting a pact with humans. (+2 Fame, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Terrace Park

listening to music, IN THE PARK!!!!( Open to all )

Postby Firetra » 12/29/2010 7:19 PM

Muse was haveing a lovely day strolling through the park, listening to his headset and the cool sounds of the world around him. He loved this place, loved it so much. He then found a nice spot under a tree and layed down to rest his legs, and to listen to more music. He turned up the volume and soon fell asleep. Now if things went on as it would, then he would probably not wake up for another, ohh about nine hours. But lets just leave it at that.

Because I could not stop for Death,
He kindly stopped for me;
The carriage held but ourselves
And Immortality

- Emily Dickinson

Firetra
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2631
Donate

Re: listening to music, IN THE PARK!!!!( Open to all )

Postby The_Swill » 12/31/2010 1:19 AM

It was a charmingly wonderful and incredibly delicious day in the park.

"Wow! What a charmingly wonderful and incredibly delicious day it is out here! I can hardly believe it!" Mr. Sludge wiggled his toes in the grass and sighed as though his heart were about to burst with the beauty and simple pleasure that filled the world. It probably wouldn't though, he decided. He'd already burst his heart twice last week on account of such sentiments and after the second patch-up was told that if he couldn't control himself and his heart bursting fits of love for the world then the hospital would have no choice but to close their doors to him forever.

He felt it more than a bit unfair really. He had health insurance after all. He couldn't possibly be that much trouble. Surely heart bursting was a common malady at hospitals anyway, those miserly tossers. They just couldn't appreciate the beauty of the world, being too focused on their stupid calculations and medicines. They were racist. Or beauty-ist. Or something.

Nevermind. With all the beauty of the park around him it was hardly worth the amount of effort it took to think about them anyway. Surely something much more interesting than doctors would hap...."My dear lord," Mr. Sludge said to no one in particular, exceedingly enraptured as he was by the dulcet tones, "what is that heavenly music? It speaks to me! It's a symphony to my very soul! As though I were laughing and crying and eating all at the same time. Oh sweet medley of aural sensation, come to me!"

And thus saying he went tripping gaily across the manicured lawn of the park. Then he went tripping in an entirely different fashion as he sprawled over something warm and soft and breathing.

The_Swill
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 12
Donate

Postby Firetra » 01/01/2011 1:13 AM

Muse immediately woke up and looked around sleepily. "Huh? Who's there?" He then took a huge yawn and looked around once more. Then he saw the little Blaze Fennling laying there, apparently he had tripped over him. "Uhhhh are you okay there little one?" He then got up and stood up and looked at the Fennling. " How you doing, Do you need any help?"
(2)

And Immortality

- Emily Dickinson

Firetra
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby The_Swill » 01/01/2011 5:38 AM

"Of course I'm okay. I'm better than okay. In fact, I am feeling absolutely stellar. Couldn't be better," he assured from his position on the ground. He'd landed with his nose pressed to the grass and one little paw thrown up and over his head in a bid for tactical balance that failed utterly to help him land anywhere other than where gravity chose to throw him. It was okay. It was all okay. In fact, he thought the posing sprawl looked rather suave and dignified.

"Do you think I look suave and dignified? I totally do, don't I? What's that you're listening to? It has to be the single most incredible thing I've let run through the space between my ears all day - and you wouldn't believe the sheer mediocrity of the amount of stuff that tries to get in there and bother me. I don't let it though. I fight it all off most valiantly; protecting my brain from all the evil outside forces that make it know things. I'm a true crusader like that."

He scrambled to his feet, eyes shining like limpid pools of disarming vacancy as he breathed in the scent of music and tried not to let his olfactory senses get too overcome - he'd need them for the bake-off later today. No way he was going to let that Morloth win again, just because she happened to have nostrils down to here...

The_Swill
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Firetra » 01/01/2011 2:46 PM

"Uhhhhh, What? Could you talk any more faster than that, your hurting my brain." He said with a paw on his head and rubbing his temples. " This is classical music, I don't know the exact name of it, It just sounds good to me." He then tookhis paws off of his head and set them back down. "So what is your name, and what are you doing on this fine day.

(3)

And Immortality

- Emily Dickinson

Firetra
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby The_Swill » 01/01/2011 6:10 PM

"Ah-HA! Your brain hurts too? I thought I was the only one. How phenomenally exciting! You know what this means? Clearly we are psychically linked - practically soulmates now. You'll know everything I'm thinking as I'm thinking it. Isn't that just the most sensational thing you've ever heard? Here, let me think something to you right now!" His face took on a look of concentration as he screwed his eyes up and attempted to beam a thought directly into the guy's brain. Silence reigned for an entire fraction of a second before he was barreling forward again, a verbal trainwreck that was sure to leave casualties and a possible explosion in the near future.

"Did you get what I was thinking? I was thinking about my name, which is Mr. Sludge, incidentally, and about how it's absolutely the best name to ever grace the planet with its presence. Don't you think so? Well, it's Sludge Swain, actually, but you know how things are these days. Got to have a fancy title before anyone will take any notice of you. I was toying with the idea of Gran Marquis Sludge Swain, but it didn't fit on the line of my hospital papers so they said I'd have to cut it down or get out. They're always telling me to get out, the vicious mongrels. You'd think they don't actually want to treat people the way they're always trying to get rid of me. It's awfu -"

Right in the middle of his verbal diarrhea he cocked one large ear and managed, of all things, to interrupt himself. "You know good sir, it's probably nothing terribly exciting, but I believe I just heard something explode over there." His grin was wide, his eyes were shining, and each one of his little teeth suddenly seemed a hair sharper than they had before.

"Fancy that!"

The_Swill
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Firetra » 01/01/2011 7:47 PM

"Wait, Hospital? And what explosion? I don't hear an explosion, Uhh Mr Sludge right. And I am not Telepathic, can you slow down your talking. Oh great now you've got me doing it. And you gave me another head ache. GAHHH!" He then put both paws over his head as he rested that on the ground. Trying to block out the talkig though was apparently no use. He then stood back up and said. "Okay I guess I'll go to your so called explosion."

(4)

And Immortality

- Emily Dickinson

Firetra
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby The_Swill » 01/01/2011 8:34 PM

"Oh my. You didn't hear that explosion?" Mr. Sludge treated the other to a comical look of horror. "Perhaps all that music has gone directly to your brain and taken over." He looked terrified at the thought. "Quick, tell me, when I said there was an explosion did you hear anything? Sort of like a deeply pitched percussion with a distinctly mournful undertone of sadness and destruction?"

The_Swill
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Firetra » 01/01/2011 10:09 PM

"Uhhhh.... No not really." He said truthfuly. Then suddently he thought that the creature would bug him alot if he didn't so he quickly said. "No wait. Acctually yes! I did hear a low rubbleing sound. I think It came from over there." He then nodded to a random place in the park. "I think you should go on ahead and check it out. I'll follow very soon."

And Immortality

- Emily Dickinson

Firetra
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate