Almost large enough to be considered a theme park while remaining free to the public, Terrace Park is rumored to have been the site of the Grand Hollowheart's defeat, leading to the Hollowhearts first accepting a pact with humans. (+2 Fame, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Terrace Park

Whispers in my Ear [P] Millie and I

Postby Jessari » 01/15/2011 10:44 PM

Tick-tock, boy. Time is running short. Although the weather was warm, the voice that slithered through his mind made chill-bumps rise on Kale's arm. "I know," he whispered beneath his breath. "How well I know."

It was early afternoon on a weekday, leaving the park empty of children. Kale had banked on that. The Barghest who clung to him favored the young ones, and it was nearly impossible to dissuade him from harming them. No, if he was forced to obey the curse set upon him, he would do it under his own terms, out here where he couldn't harm his family or any innocents.

A few middle-aged men dominated the tennis courts, and in the distance, Kale could see a young mother pushing a stroller. He turned away from them, choosing instead a path that led along the edges of the park. Perhaps he would engage in a bit of vandalism, or maybe he'd tag a few benches with the can of spray paint hidden in the inner pocket of his light jacket. He'd done worse, after all.

Yet still he felt a twinge of guilt. He hated living this life, compelled to do things that went against his morals. With a stormy look on his face, he shoved his hands deep into his pockets and hunched his shoulders. His fingers folded around a piece of paper, a gas station receipt, and he crumpled it up and threw it onto the neatly-mown grass beside the path. Littering? The voice sounded amused now. How juvenile. You can't possibly think that would count against your quota.

Kale didn't even bother to respond. He'd had to try. A few benches sat alongside the path, sheltered from the sun by a tree whose branches stretched out over the walking trail. The futility of his situation rose within him, sparking anger that fueled the destructive acts the Barghest so craved. With a growl, he kicked the bench over, stomping on the boards that ran parallel across the back so hard that they splintered. Better.

With a defeated sigh, he slumped to the ground beneath the tree, tucking his knees up to his chest and dangling his arms across them. His dark eyes stared gloomily into the distance as a light wind ruffled his hair. Life, he thought, truly was pointless.
Feed me chicky nuggies and chokky milk.

This is the way...

Jessari
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 673
Donate

Re: Whispers in my Ear [P] Millie and I

Postby MillietheWarrior » 01/15/2011 11:02 PM

(Human Form)

From high within the tree, a pair of eyes watched the man curiously. The owner of said eyes didn’t seem bothered by the fact that he’d committed an act of vandalism. In fact, they crinkled with amusement, almost glowing with mirth. The branches above rustled as the figure moved almost gracefully through them, body sliding over and around branches with practiced ease. A long mane of red braids hung behind her, dancing in the air with each soft leap and jump. She was slowly making her way to the grass below, but she seemed instead to rethink her course of actions. A sudden thought sprung upon her, as they were often wont to do, and without impulse or hesitation, she followed through with it.

Swinging her body backwards, she hooked her legs over the lowest of the branches. She let gravity pull her backwards until she was vertical to the ground, swinging back and forth idly, hair hanging behind her head. Her move brought her face directly in front of the man below her. Two sets of horns sat on her head, marking her strangeness and making her seem even more odd than she was. She didn’t seem concerned by his obviously gloomy state, or the dark look on his face. Instead, she let her arms dangle down, and grabbed his hands, swinging them along with her body like a child might do with their parents. “Hello there!” she giggled, her nose only inches from his with each swing.

“My, but you look unhappy. Come on, don’t be such a gloomy Gus. There’s plenty of things to smile about. Take me for instance.” She lowered her voice, whispering conspiratorially. “Did you know bats hang upside down when they sleep? I’m seeing what it’s like to be a bat. Although I’m obviously not asleep. As far as I can tell, this is going to give me a huge headache. But it’s all in the name of science!” she concluded dramatically, dropping one of his hands to pump her fist into the air, although it was done upside down, so the effect was kind of…lost. “I’m Pitat. What’s your name Mr. Gloom and Doom?”

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby Jessari » 01/16/2011 12:47 AM

Kale was startled, to say the least, when his vision was suddenly filled with cheerful blue eyes that stared into his, so startled that he offered no resistance as she grabbed his hands in hers. When rational thought started again, his mind immediately sought for the Barghest. Worry passed across his face as he imagined the kind of things the spirit might command him to do to this girl, but she was safe for the moment. His destruction of the park bench had caused the Barghest to retreat, until only a shadow of his presence remained. It probably wasn't even aware of what was going on outside his head.

Then came the second thought, bringing with it a touch of color to his cheeks. She'd seen what he'd done. Ashamed, he pulled his hands from hers, pressing his back more firmly against the tree trunk to try to regain some of his personal space. It wasn't very effective. The strange woman had him trapped. Her scent, a warm cinnamon, brushed his nose anew at each twist of her body, and her long, red hair trailed across his knees. It was altogether a pleasant sensation, if completely awkward.

A smile nearly broke through his solemn expression at her words, but he managed to quell it in time. This girl reminded him of his brother Cassidy, who was always playing the clown, and he wasn't sure if it was wise to encourage her. Heaven knows it only made his brother act even sillier. "Have you tried eating like a bat?" he asked in a serious tone. "Maybe a few bugs will cure your headache." He twisted his head, trying to see her face right-side-up. "My name is Kale. It's nice to meet you, Ms. Pitat."

This is the way...

Jessari
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 01/16/2011 1:28 AM

The woman blinked, her eyes going wide for a few startled moments, before she twisted her head so she was staring at him upside down again. “You’re funny. But I don’t think science would appreciate it if I ate some bugs. I don’t want to be a bat that bad.” She giggled, still swinging lightly in the tree, before she bunched her abdominal muscles and hauled herself upwards, using an amazing amount of strength for someone so small. With a perfectly executed move, she twirled backwards off the branch to land a few inches away from him, feet planted firmly on the ground. Before he could even blink, she’d plopped down right beside him, invading his personal space, of which she didn’t seem to think existed. She nudged him with her shoulder, then let her gaze rove up to the sky.

“So, Mr. Kale….Mind explaining what you had against that park bench? Not that I mind, ‘cuz I wasn’t using it or anything but it seemed like a very mean thing to do to an inanimate object that couldn’t defend itself.” She brushed her braids over her shoulder, then raised up on her knees and stared him in the face, only inches away from his nose, eyes boring into his own. “Did the park bench steal something from you? I’ve heard they’re terribly horrible when it comes to thievery. Perhaps it stole your wallet? Did it give it back when you broke it? Oh hey, you have nice hair.” She seemed completely spaced out, if not completely weird, and lightly tugged at a short strand of his hair.

“Anyways, you don’t have to call me ‘Ms. Pitat.’ Just Pitat is fine. I’m not anyone special, and we’re not anywhere fancy, so informal works for me!” She was still staring at him, only a few inches from his face. “Sooo…Come here often? I’ve never seen you before, so I assume that’s a no. I come here a lot. This place has some really great trees to climb. And you wouldn’t believe the squirrels!” She smiled brightly, as if prompting him to add his own stories about the park; maybe something about a bench or a particularly aggressive bumblebee.

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jessari » 01/17/2011 1:53 AM

Okay, maybe she was worse than Cassidy. Kale was a tall, imposing man, dark-haired and broad-shouldered, which made it all the funnier to see him scooting around the base of the tree to put a little space between himself and the red-headed tree-climber. Someone had eaten too much sugar this morning, that was for sure. Without her dangling in front of him, he was free and clear to get up and escape, but unless he was under orders, Kale did his best to never be rude. And walking away in the middle of her chatter would be rude.

He blinked, shooting a guilty look towards the fallen bench as she brought up the topic of what she'd caught him doing. He really did feel bad about that, but it was better than all the alternatives the Barghest would gladly have suggested. Pitat didn't seem to be condemning him for it, though. In fact, she made up a convenient story to justify his actions before he even had a chance to open his mouth with an answer. It was an amusing story too, and for the second time that day, Kale found himself suppressing a smile. It was an odd feeling for him. Balancing the duties of being a nightclub owner with the rather unpleasant business of his family curse, Kale didn't have much chance to sit back and enjoy life. Perhaps...perhaps a few more minutes with this girl wouldn't hurt.

"No, it didn't take my wallet," he said, his face still as serious as the grave, "but it said a few things about the teeter-totter that I didn't like. I thought I'd squelch the rumors before any feelings got hurt." He eyed her warily as she rolled a bit of his dark green hair between her fingers, although he didn't twitch away. Then her face was directly in front of his, and he began edging around the base of the tree again. Once again, she asked him a question and answered it for him. At this rate, she wouldn't need him to carry on a conversation. All he'd have to do is sit back and listen while she told herself all about his life story. And what an interesting story it'd be, he mused.

"I only come here once every other week or so. I keep pretty busy," he said, his words coming cautiously as if he expected her to interrupt at any moment. "I've seen lots of squirrels, but I've never tried climbing the trees. Wouldn't you get in trouble for that if one of the park employees saw you?"

This is the way...

Jessari
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 01/17/2011 2:24 AM

When Kale inched away, Pitat followed on her hands and knees, her face remaining the few inches from him as it had been before, no matter where he went. Yeah, she might’ve had a bit too much sugar this morning. “How come you keep trying to scoot away from me?” she asked, genuinely curious and puzzled. Her eyes crossed as she stared at his nose, then she lifted a hand and blew her breath into it, sniffing dubiously. “I have bad breath, don’t I? See, I forgot to brush my tongue this morning. I brushed my teeth, but I neglected my tongue. Did you know bad breath particles are all on your tongue? Well, they are, and the reason you have bad breath is ‘cause you don’t brush your tongue. So I forgot to brush my tongue, so I must have bad breath. I apologize.”

But she didn’t increase the distance between them, and instead, settled her chin on his shoulder. “If I keep my mouth on your shoulder, you won’t smell my nasty breath, okay? Okay.” She nodded lightly, agreeing with herself. Yes, if Kale stayed silent long enough, she’d have a nice little chat with herself about all manner of things. At his explanation about his vandalism, Pitat’s pretty eyes widened, and she looked startled. “Oh, I knew that bench was nothing but trouble! Thank goodness you squashed those rumors in time. Can you imagine the scandal? Oh the poor teeter-totter. It would’ve been soooo embarrassed.” She looked distressed at the thought, but just as quickly, she switched gears.

Only every other week? What do you do? I’m a bounty hunter. I hunt down people for money. I’m busy a lot, just like you. But I still find time for my trees.” It probably seemed like a preposterous thing to say, and Kale would no doubt think she was insane, but Pitat was telling the absolute truth. “You just don’t know I’m a bounty hunter, ‘cause I’m not wearin’ my armor and I don’t have my spear with me. But I totally am.” She smiled brightly, and pressed her face closer, her nose now only a centimeter from his. “Oh yes. But trouble is what makes things so much more fun. Care to try?” she asked, giggling lightly.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jessari » 01/17/2011 11:43 PM

"There's this thing called-"

Kale was going to say 'personal space', but before he could continue, Pitat steamrolled over him, mixing an apology with a lesson on personal hygiene. He resisted the urge to smack himself in the forehead. People usually listened to him, whether out of respect for his position or because they were intimidated by his size and solemn demeanor. He wasn't used to having to assert himself in conversation, to push past the words of others to make himself be heard. It was working against him here. Pitat, as sweet as she seemed to be, didn't seem the kind to 'take turns' when it came to talking, and if he wanted her to truly hear him, he figured he'd have to fight for it.

It was hard, gathering up the courage to interrupt her so he could contribute something to the conversation. Her nearness made it all the more difficult. It had been a long time since any woman had gotten this close to him, if he didn't count the drunk floozies that occasionally hit on him when he passed through the night club. The Barghest seemed to have made it his personal goal to keep Kale from having any lasting relationship with the opposite gender, and after what had happened to the last girl, Kale had pretty much quit trying. It wasn't worth another woman ending up like his last girlfriend.

"I run a nightclub in town, Spirit's Ire. It's pretty much a full-time job." That wasn't all that kept him busy, but she didn't need to know the rest of it. Then her words sunk in. "A bounty hunter," he asked in disbelief, red eyes going wide. "You're kidding, right?" After he spoke, he realized how rude that must have sounded, and waved his hands. "I mean no offense, but you just seem too..." Bubbly? Naive? "Too sweet to be a bounty hunter. Isn't that a pretty tough job to handle?" Surely this was just another of her stories, made up to amuse both herself and him.

And then she was asking him to climb a tree, her face so close that he could feel the puff of each word upon his lips. The sensation set off various, contrasting feelings within him, spurring him to finally make a stand. Taking her gently, yet firmly, by the shoulders, he extended his arms, moving her torso back by about a foot. "Pitat, let's play a game." He didn't want to hurt her feelings, he really didn't, but this had gone on far enough. Too much more, and the Barghest might start taking interest. "Let's pretend I'm surrounded by a bubble that comes out to, oh, let's say about here." He held out a hand to indicate the distance he meant. "If anyone (and that includes you) gets too close, that bubble will pop and you'll lose the game. Understand?"

This is the way...

Jessari
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 01/18/2011 12:23 AM

Pitat’s face was a myriad of different emotions. She went from thoughtful to bubbly, to confused, to happy in the space of four seconds or so. She didn’t seem able to stick with just one thing. In the end, she settled for rapt attention as he interrupted her to speak. She didn’t mind him talking, she just wished he’d be a little more upbeat. Maybe share some more about himself. “A nightclub, you say?” she asked, turning her head slightly to regard him out the corner of her eye. For a brief moment, naïve, bubbly Pitat was gone, and there was another, sultry, smiling woman left in her place, eyeing him curiously.

“I love nightclubs! Dancing, having fun, the music and the lights! It’s all so pretty!” She clapped her hands together gleefully, smiling like a four year old who’d discovered a candy stash. “Oh, I’d love to go there! Does it have flashing lights? I really like the red. I like red. Obviously, my hair is red. But I don’t dye it. It’s natural. I know, its’ weird. But then, I’m sorta weird myself. You know these horns on my head? I’m like, part Zabrak, you know? Yeah, my mom  was half Zabrak. So my sister and I, we have horns on our head. They’re pretty neat, but practically useless. I mean, what is the purpose of horns? Nothing, that’s what.”

She huffed, looking faintly annoyed with the idea that the horns on her head had no purpose. She turned to regard him quizzically at his dubiousness of her profession. She laughed, or rather, giggled loudly, and smiled. “Of course I am. Looks can be deceiving, don’t you know? Take you, for example. You look like you could rip my arms off. But I don’t think you will. And if you try, I’ll just beat you into the ground, no problem.” She flashed him a charming smile, but it faded instantly when he pushed her away.

She sat a few feet off, legs folded under her, and hands clasped together on her lap. “Oh…I don’t like that game,” she muttered, the smile and happiness gone. “It doesn’t sound fun at all.” She folded her arms, and lowered her gaze. “If you wanted me to leave, you could’ve asked. I’m not as stupid as I look, you know. You can just tell me. I’ll understand.”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jessari » 01/23/2011 9:51 PM

Great, he thought as she perked up at the mention of his nightclub, now I'll never get rid of her. But even as he thought it, he knew he didn't quite mean it. This bouncy young woman had a way of making him uncomfortable, but it wasn't exactly a bad feeling. It was similar, he mused, to the way a glass of fine wine nipped at the tongue before settling pleasantly into the stomach.

"It has lots of flashing lights, blue, green, purple, and red of course." Kale didn't smile (it seemed to be impossible for the expression to find its way to his face), but his features took on a distinctly pleased quality. "I opened it nearly five years ago, and business has been booming since. You should-" He stopped suddenly, but it was too late to keep the incomplete invitation from hanging in the air between them. Kale kicked himself for letting his guard down. The pleased expression vanished, his features moving back into neutrality. "You should drop by sometime," he finished, his eyes flicking away from her face.

Pitat's next words didn't exactly take him by surprise. The Spirit's Ire seemed to attract the oddest clientele, as if the various races and creatures could somehow sense the shared oddity of the owner and his employees. Zabraks were less common, but not unheard of. He wouldn't say it out loud, but he found Pitat much more attractive than any of the full-blooded Zabraks he'd ever seen. He wondered if her sister was as...unique as she was. If that was the case, he pitied their parents.

Whether her claim was true or not, he was amused by her assertion. He just couldn't imagine her, as slender as she was, being able to do much in a fight. An image tickled his mind the memory of how easily she'd swung herself off the tree branch, and for a moment he wondered... No, it wasn't possible.

As soon as she turned her eyes upon him, he knew he'd overstepped his bounds in his suggestion. Once again, he was thrown off guard by her sudden change in mood, and this was a mood he'd never seen on her before. Her expression sent guilt racing through him, and he reached his hand towards her as if to settle it on her shoulder. Then he paused. Wouldn't she be better off if he cut off this friendship before it had completely developed? The Barghest still hadn't stirred, but he knew in his heart that it would see this as an opportunity to force him into doing something distasteful, to put it mildly.

"I don't think you're stupid, Pitat," he sighed, lowering his head to glare at his hands, "and it's not that I want you to leave. I just - It's not safe for you to be around me. Bad things happen to people who get close to me." He climbed to his feet, looking defeated. "I should go," he said quietly, still avoiding her gaze. "I'm sorry I spoiled your fun."

This is the way...

Jessari
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 01/23/2011 10:08 PM

Pitat’s expression of hurt melted away, replaced by a faint smile as she stared at his face with a strange intensity in her eyes. “You don’t need to go. Didn’t you hear me when I said I’d have no problem beating you into the ground? I can take care of myself, whether you believe that or not. Let the bad things come; I can handle them.” She canted her head, shoulders shrugging faintly as she did so, the bubbly smile returning. It seemed it was difficult to hurt her feelings for long. Pitat never took anything personally; she knew a lot of people had a hard time keeping up with her strange shifting moods and weird personality. But beneath that, she was just a normal, intelligent woman who simply liked to smile. People just didn’t stick around long enough to get past her weirdness, but when they did, they often found it worthwhile.

And while Pitat was somewhat worried she’d up and chase Kale away, she had a feeling he’d be sticking around longer than most people did. She watched his hand warily, as if waiting for it to settle on her shoulder, then frowned when he set it back at hi side. Her gaze followed him up as he stood, and her body quickly followed suit, practically bouncing in place as she leapt to her feet. Her hair twirled around her head, and she still stuck close to him. “No, no. Don’t go anywhere. I’m sorry if I upset you or something. I’ll stop talking if you want. Will that make it better?” She reached down and lightly took his hand, touching it with her fingertips, before drawing it away, as if asking whether it would be okay for her to hold his hand or not. She decided it was better to ask than assume.

“How about we go to your night club? It’s not night or anything, but maybe you could show me in the daytime?” She stared up at him hopefully, turquoise eyes wide and gentle. She was curious about what he meant by ‘bad things,’ and wondered if she should ask. Pitat had never been one to NOT speak her mind, so she decided to go for it. “What ‘bad things’ would happen if I stuck around you? And….why? Bad things like the bad thing that happened with the bench? Would you kick me to itty bitty pieces? I won‘t steal your wallet, I promise.”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jessari » 01/24/2011 2:09 PM

Kale's lips twitched into a ghost of a smile as Pitat's internal rubber band snapped her back into happy mode. He was of two minds about this, half relieved that he hadn't irreparably hurt her feelings toward him and half concerned that she still felt the desire to stay around him. It normally wasn't difficult to slip away from women who approached him; most of the drunk ones were easily sidetracked, and most of the sober ones were nervous, making it a simple thing to put them off with a few gentle words. Pitat, however, was neither drunk nor nervous, and he wondered if even a harsh refusal would be proof against her.

"You can talk as much as you like, Pitat. I don't mind."

As her fingertips brushed his hand, his own fingers curled slightly in response, but only touched air as she withdrew, a question in her eyes. Kale had to consciously stop himself from reaching out and taking hold of her hand, instead tucking both of his deep into his jacket pockets. He offered her a lopsided smile, hoping she wouldn't take offense. Although his instincts were howling at him to take the opportunity she held out to him so openly, he couldn't bring himself to ignore all his self-imposed boundaries, not all at once.

"The club doesn't open until later this evening, but I can take you on a tour, sure. Being the owner does have its perks. I have one condition, though." The half-smile remained, but his eyes were deadly serious. "When I tell you to go, you do so immediately, without hesitation. No question or argument." The Barghest was still dormant, but there was no telling how long it would remain that way. At the first sign that it might be returning to wakefulness, Kale planned on giving Pitat the high sign. He'd be able to shield his thoughts of her well enough to keep the Barghest from becoming suspicious, but he'd be undone if she was still in the room when the Barghest fully returned.

Inwardly he was kicking himself. What if he screwed things up? Why take the risk? "If it comes down to it," he told Pitat, a hint of dry humor in his voice, "I hope you can kick my butt like you say you can." He began walking back towards the park entrance, knowing she'd follow. He weighed his words, not sure how much of his secret he should reveal and how much he should guard. His own family didn't even know about the Barghest, although some of them might have suspicions. "It's a family curse," he finally said, deciding to start with common knowledge and see where it went from there. "My sister can't speak, one of my brothers gets lost no matter how good his maps are, another brother can't set foot outside without some type of storm blowing up, and the third brother's mind drifts between the past, present, and future.

"Me? I hurt people."
His eyes had grown distant, a pained look tightening the muscles of his face. "It's not that I want to - I don't. But I don't always have a choice. Doing other things, like tearing down benches or breaking windows, that makes it better. It's no guarantee that I'm safe to be around, though." He glanced sideways at her, gauging her reaction to his words. She was beautiful, he admitted to himself. Her lively spirit lit her from the inside, an almost physical glow that drew him to her. In trying to keep them safe, he'd built a wall between himself and the rest of his family, and although he was polite, he went out of his way to keep from making friends with others. It made for a very lonely existence. Pitat was like a summer wind to the frozen landscape of his heart, and Kale couldn't stop himself from reacting to her.

This is the way...

Jessari
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 01/24/2011 7:36 PM

Pitat had always been a bit off. Even as a child, she was constantly wandering away, constantly staring up a the sky, constantly spouting nonsense that had her more rational, level-headed sister giving her odd looks. Jair had always worried about leaving Pitat alone; even as she grew into an adult, Jair feared for her safety. She was too trusting, too naïve. She didn’t see the darkness in people, and she didn’t even try; she just took their words to heart and saw nothing but good in everyone she met, even if there was none there to be found. Pitat had never understood Jair’s protective streak. She might seem stupid, but she was highly intelligent. The bubbly act might have been just that; an act. Beneath the smiles, the laughter, and the almost child-like wonder, there was a mind sharper and more cunning than anyone could imagine, and a strength that was far from meek and helpless. Pitat was two people trapped in one; the bubbly, smiling young woman, and the deadly, serious bounty hunter. None of her bounties ever saw her smile, and none ever cared to.

She hunted and she killed with frightening intent, and she never let a quarry escape her. Perhaps if Kale knew what she really was, he would not be so quick to dismiss her as what she seemed. Pitat was as much of a danger to him as he was to her; the only problem was, he didn’t know it. The red haired woman smiled widely, regarding him with something akin to amusement. “You shouldn’t tell me that, you know,” she chirped, patting his shoulder. “I may never shut up!” Her gaze followed his hands as they settled in his pockets; Pitat didn’t take offense. Even if she didn’t recognize personal space, she did recognize a person’s desire to keep their hands to themselves. So Pitat laced her fingers behind her back, rocking back and forth on her heels, chest puffed out as she listened carefully; she didn’t dare interrupt. This was a breakthrough of massive proportions. He didn’t want her to get lost, and instead, wanted to show her his night club! His condition, though, made the smile fade from her face. “Hm…We’ll see about that. I don’t do well with orders,” she said, leaning forward so that her face was inches from his chin, half-lidded gaze peering up at him from beneath sultry, dark lashes.

She sounded quite serious, her lips quirking in a dark smile that curled the corners of her mouth upwards. “I’m a big girl,” she practically purred. “I can take care of myself.” Yep, definitely bi-polar. She seemed to instantly switch gears again, rocking back on her heels so she was no longer intruding on his personal space, her eyes bright again and full as she bounced where she stood. “Curse-shmurse. We’ll break a few windows and steal some old lady’s purse on the way there. Maybe even take some candy from babies while we’re at it. Then you won’t have to worry about me kicking your shebs if you get too out of control. It won’t be pleasant for you if that happens, I can assure you. Now let’s get going! I can’t wait to see the club!” She clapped her hands in front of her, bouncing on the balls of her feet where she stood.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jessari » 01/24/2011 11:33 PM

For a moment, Kale could do nothing but stare at Pitat as she thrust her face in front of his. Just when he thought he'd begun to get a handle on her, she transformed into a different creature entirely. It startled him just as much as her first appearance had, and he couldn't decide what to make of it. "I'd argue with you," he grumbled, a shadow of frustration coloring his tone, "but it probably wouldn't do much good, would it?" In fact, he'd be willing to bet that even if he put his foot down and told her she couldn't come, she would probably still follow him home like a puppy. "Just think about it, alright? Even if you don't think you need to worry about the consequences, it would make things easier on me." Not that he worried about her beating him up (Kale was blissfully unaware of what Mando women were capable of). It was the mental torment the Barghest would put him through if it thought he was trying to spark up a friendship behind its back.

But it was impossible to hold onto his frustrations around Pitat, even if she was the one causing them. A noise that might have been a suppressed chuckle escaped him, and his eyes sparkled with mirth. "I pity the old granny who gets in your way. The club is pretty close, though, so we probably shouldn't annoy any of my neighbors. They complain enough about the noise, and I'd hate to see what they'd do if they caught us throwing rocks through their windows."

Once they exited the park, it only took them a few minutes to reach the nightclub. It didn't look like much on the outside, just a large building with harsh edges that looked as if it might have been a warehouse at some point in time. The Spirit's Ire stood out in tall, stylized letters that arched across the front, and a simple overhang cast a shadow over the entryway.

Kale dug in his pockets for his keys, then fitted one into the deadbolt. With a squeak, the door opened onto darkness. "Okay," he said, turning to her, "give me your hand until we get the lights on. Don't want you barking your shins on anything in the dark." He was surprised to find how excited he was to show the club off to her.

This is the way...

Jessari
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 01/26/2011 10:51 PM

Pitat was quite happy to allow herself to be led along by Kale. “No, arguing does nothing against my amazing powers of argument resisting,” she said happily, punctuating it with a bubbly giggle. Pitat was surprised at how close the club was to the park. She’d spent only a few days in this particular town. She was after a ridiculously difficult bounty (Or at least, she thought he was being difficult; why couldn’t he just surrender and let her take him in?) so she’d ended up wandering around the town and finding randomly interesting places to check out. This one, however, had escaped her notice. With a name like Spirit’s Ire, she wondered how that had happened. She peered over Kale’s shoulder as they made it to the club.

The place looked like it had been warehouse, and for all intents and purposes, Pitat imagined it was all spooky inside with ghosts and stuff. But that was just her weirdness reasserting itself and forcing her to forget any possibility of being normal for a moment. “So,” she asked, placing her hand on his shoulder to get his attention while he worked at finding his keys. “Do you get a lot of Zabraks around here? They’re kinda weird looking, aren’t they? I mean, being part Zabrak and all doesn’t mean I have to like them. They’ve got those weird horns all over their heads and faces. How do they sleep on pillows at night? Do they shred them to pieces, I wonder? I’d hate to wake up to find I’d stabbed my pillow to death.”

She rambled on about her Zabrak musings and didn’t realize he’d gotten the door open. She peered over his shoulder again into the darkness, before she grabbed his hand in hers and practically hauled him inside the door. “Oh, don’t worry. My shins are pretty tough. But lead on, oh leader of things.” Her eyes caught the light of the door and practically glowed in the darkness. [b]“I can’t wait to see everything!”[/b]

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate