Almost large enough to be considered a theme park while remaining free to the public, Terrace Park is rumored to have been the site of the Grand Hollowheart's defeat, leading to the Hollowhearts first accepting a pact with humans. (+2 Fame, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Terrace Park

Slot 3: Toxic and Moofius

Postby ToxicShadow » 04/27/2011 9:06 PM

Just how he ended up in this situation, the humanoid Suncheeka didn't know. It wasn't a common practice for him to visit the park, but, apparently, someone decided to pass the buck to him. It was a Cake Kuhna, if he hadn't been mistaken, that he had seen only once or twice before, if that had actually been her at all. She had approached him claiming that he was needed for some "adventure" in the park, so he came. Sadly, he was disappointed to find that the great adventure that she spoke of was merely finding brightly painted eggs that was hidden in the grass.

Nathan, as he had chose to go by as his real name was far to complicated and foriegn for most to make head or tails of, heaved a heavy sigh. He had also been informed that he needed a partner to participate, something that he definitely didn't have. He wouldn't have even been in these parts had he not been looking for a partner in the first place!

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2844
Donate

Re: Slot 3: Toxic and Moofius

Postby Moofius » 04/27/2011 9:31 PM

Near the edge of this "clearing", where the trees grew wild and thick, came the sounds of something crashing through, nervous giggles bubbling up at random intervals as the source of the racket approached.

Out from the brush emerged something consisting of similar greens, greys and browns of the woods around her, dirt, mud and blood streaked into a mess of brownish smudges on her face; her clothes being of lighter earthy tones and build for hiking and other outdoorsy activities. Besides being dirty and bloody they girl was not very colourful; a wash of drab and dusty earth tones. Bright gold eyes were the only thing that really stood out on the mess of a girl.And her rather tattered, navy blue book which was clutched tightly to her chest.
"Hahaha," She laughed as she stumbled out of the ticket, an eager tree branch catching the end of her shirt which forced her to stop. Still giggling the young woman bent in half, one dirty hand covering her equally dirty mouth as she giggled out a few curse words.

"I think I lost it..." She laughed. Whether she meant her sanity or something else was yet to be made entirely clear as she tried to drag her fingers through her hair, which forced the rather cliche English explorers hat off her head. As she started to calm down, giggles subsiding a little, the girl with the golden eyes noticed she was not completely alone.

"Oh! Hello!" She said, the giggles sneaking up on her again, "I'm not crazy, I'm Grid. As in that's my name. But really I'm not I'm just... hee hee, I think it almost got me that time... Ack, one sec."
Her lips seemed to purse a little but it was hard to be sure because she then turned her back to try and un-stick herself from the branch that had grabbed her shirt.
"... Why is there a colourfully painted egg on this branch?"
Image :.: The Sun Will Always Shine For The Imperials :.: Image
:.: Let Us Free You From The Darkness Of Ignorance And Weakness :.:

PenWishBreedJournalTradeRecord
Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1098
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 04/27/2011 10:13 PM

A mildly startled Nathan's turned abruptly when he heard an onslaught of giggling coming from the trees. That was when his vibrant fuchsia eyes met with a woman that looked just barely short of a disaster. Wait, no. With the combination of dirt, grim and...blood that had smeared all over her flesh, she really did look like a disaster and a half. Nevertheless, he noted that the crazy woman was wearing clothes that made her appear that she was ready for any sort of travel and outdoor activities, something that the young man missed with his almost obnoxious black, purple and neon green mage's cloak, along with the black and green green mask that concealed his face.

'I think you may have lost it, too,' he thought, only to himself. Behind his mask, however, he gave an awkward, unseen smile. "You can call me Nathan," he replied, attempting to ignore her giggles. He wouldn't have given his name out without reason in most cases, especially not to someone such as Grid appeared to be, but she had given out her name, so he had no other choice if he wished to hold onto proper etiquette.

"That would be an... Easter egg, from what I gathered from that rabbit over there." He gestured with a gloved hand somewhere off behind him. "There are painted eggs scattered all over the park which can eventually be exchanged for some sort of...mystery treasure? Everyone is supposed to partner up and hunt for them." He shook his head. "It seems like a bunch of nonsensical nonsense to me."

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 04/27/2011 10:22 PM

Grid untangled herself from the trees and awkwardly tried to rub the dirt off her hands, elbows and forearms pressed against the book to keep it from falling, "Nice to meetcha' Nathan!" She said before licking her palsm and rubbing her cheeks, "Bleh! Sorry I'm such a mess. There was this trewasure and a golem thing and, well, I' not gonna' get too far into the details but lets just say I had a really AMAZING morning!"

Her cheeks now consisted of comically round dirt smears and cuts, but a lot less dirt which let her rosey cheeks show through. She was also breathing pretty hard.
"Egg hunt...? OH! Easter! Wasn't that...? Well whatever, cool! I wish I could play..." She said with a pout, turning back to the tree and picking the egg up.
"Actually..." Her head turned, face exhibiting a serious look, "... I don't think I was slipped anything... You're real, right? Seriously I've had a crazy day and, no offense, but you're not exactly subtle. Are you going to a party or something? Haha."

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 04/27/2011 11:11 PM

Nathan managed a chuckle in amusement as Gird briefly explained her morning. "Sounds like quite the adventure, indeed." The idea of golems existing didn't appear to faze him. His voice came out as a little annoyed when he said, "I was promised an adventure if I came here, but I ended up being apart of this egg hunt instead."

Somewhere beneath all the grime, the man suspected that Grid must have had at least some cute features. In which case, perhaps she would do... His thoughts were interrupted by her questioning his existence, to which he frowned. "I can assure you that I am real, though I'm not attending a party, no."

He cleared his throat, then announcing, "I am a magi, a mage. This is my usual getup, I'm afraid, as I am to conceal my identity from those that are not my partner. I have a staff and everything, should you not believe me." Just then, he lifted his left hand into the air and before their eyes, a large staff made of dark, twisted wood appeared in his hand, seemingly out of thin air. It was to prove his point.

"Say, you said that you wanted to partake in this event, yes? Would you like to be my temporary partner?" Of course, his meaning of partner and the meaning that the Cuniflare meant were two entirely different things. "A magi may take a temporary partner, should the need arise, though it is an odd process involving, well, a magical contract."

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 04/27/2011 11:29 PM

"Magic, huh? You have to hide your face?" She asked, looking at his masked face again before returning to trying to clean her own. Grid seemed thoroughly unimpressed and unfazed by the fact that he was a mage, but then she'd just been chased by a golem so she wasn't completely unaware of the magical world.

"Didn't know mages were like superheroes though." Grid mused to herself, unslinging her shoulder bag and flipping the top open to stuff the mysterious book in there. She gave the painted egg a thoughtful look before also putting it in the bag.
"So what's this about some magical contract and magical partnership? Do you need one to look for eggs? That seems a little silly. What do you really need this partnership for?"

She seemed to have herself mostly together as she scanned her surroundings. Long grass, rocks, trees, was that a run down play ground? Oh yeah, and eggs. Lots and lots of eggs, some in plain view there were so many.

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 04/28/2011 12:01 AM

"From the world in which I came, it is customary to hide one's face should you be of the magical sort," he explained, only heaving a dry chuckle to the woman's superhero remark. "I'm sure that my home's laws vary greatly from the laws of this world and may be strange, but I have yet to betray those laws of my homeland despite not now being under their jurisdiction."

He eyed the egg that Grid had picked up as she put it in her bag, assuming that was somewhat of a sign that she may have been willing to venture with him, before his eyes snapped back up to her face. "The only partnerships I know of are of the magical sort, so if it meant something else, I shall never know. That rabbit only stated that I needed a partner, a fact I am already far too aware of."

"It is fairly complicated." Grid may have been a stranger by most means, but Nathan didn't appear to have any other options on the table before him. He had no choice but to explain,"Magi from my home must have at least one partner. Under usual circumstances, their partner doesn't have powers of their own, but only because two magi cannot form that particular magical contract easily. A partner is needed for various reasons, though they are basically as they sound, they team up with the magi in their adventures. A magi without a partner is weaker than a magi with a partner." As he spoke, Nathan gestured often with his staff. "In exchange for forming a partnership with a magi, their partner is imbued with some of that magi's powers, which is the point of the contract. Each person can only be the partner of one magi at a time, though the magi may have more than one partner, in which case, all of the partners are considered equal, as well, unless one is wedded to said magi."

"Temporary partnerships may also be formed, which only last for an agreed amount of time, though the non-magical being will retain the power for a temporary time after the contract ends."

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 04/28/2011 12:30 AM

This guy was a wall of big words and pompousry (if that was even a word). Or, at least, that's what Grid felt she was facing at that moment in time. She screwed up her face a little not being use to talking to people like Nathan. Grid worked with thieves, uneducated children with information and other less intellectually minded folk. Even her usual partner, Lusrd, had a serious accent from his native language and poor sentence structure.

"Talking like you're a laywer doesn't help ease the complication," Grid laughed good naturedly as she tried to sort this out, "Alright so... I partner with you, you give me magical powers... What do I give you? You know, here, we just say "lets team up!" and then do whatever we do. Depending on how hard or delicate the situation is we might get legal contracts of blackmailwhichischeaper... Anyway... Yeah, do I like... lose a piece of my soul or something? I mean I'm basically in and crap, but I don't need powers to find these eggs..."

With that said grid bent over snatching up an egg from the grass and pocketing it.
"See? No powers required. And if you need powers to find these things, well, that's kinda' lame super mage, haha."
Well she'd do this silly power trip thing if she had to, but Frid really didn't need magic. She had her map reading skills and a good sense for treasure and danger and that's all she really needed. Although it would be pretty cool if she could blow fire or something.

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate