Almost large enough to be considered a theme park while remaining free to the public, Terrace Park is rumored to have been the site of the Grand Hollowheart's defeat, leading to the Hollowhearts first accepting a pact with humans. (+2 Fame, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Terrace Park

Re: Slot 2: Chayden, Pickle and Mousen Heath

Postby Chayden » 04/29/2011 8:04 PM

"Oh jeez, what's wrong with all of the eggs around here? This one looks like an acorn..."
Beire held the thing away from him, examining it disapprovingly. What a letdown! There'd better be a jackpot around here to make up for all of the fail eggs...

"Woah, hey, now, pushing's not necessary... Unless you don't mind being pushed back~" Arcaina flipped a few drops of water at the Wockee with her tail, giggling. What she had thought to be an egg was really only just a brightly colored rock. "We'll have to get into the water, anyway, if we want to get to the eggs on the island..."
Chayden
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 106
Donate

Postby Mousen » 04/29/2011 8:22 PM

"Guys? Can you see that orange thing up there? What do you think it is?" Felix shook the tree gently, trying to see if he could shake loose whatever it was, though it seemed to be stuck fast.

"Hey! I'd rather not get mucky pond water in my eye, thank you very much." Ty responded happily, rolling his eyes from beneath his mask. "I just hope the water isn't too deep, I'll be murdered if I end up getting covered with mud." With that he headed toward the little island in the center of the pond.

We’re all hysterical & going nowhere together.

C’mon rapture. Let’s go bedazzling.

Nothing gets futured without its own spitshine
& I’m already not not not not not not miraculous.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 160
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Postby Chayden » 04/29/2011 8:29 PM

"Orange?" Beire asked. "Oh, is it up in that one there?"
He inched himself along the branch that he was on, trying to get a bit closer to it. "Sorry, I don't think I can reach it..."

"Oh, don't be silly. A little mud never hurt anyone. And, hey, it's great for facials!" The Fenling splashed along behind Ty. The water was a bit cold on the pads of her feet, but it would be well worth it if they got something neat from the eggs out there.
Chayden
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

2.1 - 1.2

Postby Remedy » 04/29/2011 8:41 PM

"Wheeee~"  Zhi said as she fell off of the tip of Bryan's nose and onto the rock-egg in his hands.  He lifted her back up, and she used her tiny wings to help her climb her way back on top.  

Bryan decided to keep the rock-egg he found and was about to swallow it so it would be safe in his stomach compartment, but he stopped himself.  Isn't that where Zhi came from?  What if there was another one in there?!!

"Zhi, are there any more leaves in my stomach?"  Bryan asked.

"No, I don't think so.  I was mad at the others so I left and fell asleep in you."  She said.  The last sentence didn't quite compute with him, so he just drew the conclusion that "the others" were in a different robot.  Probably one of those Viral Velixes at the Village that run on gas.  Somehow that made sense to him.

"Okay."  he said, swallowing the rock-egg.

I think back to the time when my search first began,
I left behind those shores of sand
For the endless everlasting world out there.

I know that with this burning passion driving me
Someday, somewhere I'll finally see
The light I have searched for everywhere!

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

HomeLogWishTradeImp. Docs
Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1982
Donate

Postby Mousen » 04/29/2011 8:54 PM

"Yup, that's the one." Felix said, twisting his head to get a better look at the tree. "If you come down, I'll have another go at shaking it out, just be careful that you don't fall." The poor palowockee had probably been chewing his claws off at that moment, the branches of that tree looked awfully unstrurdy.

"It's what I get for living in a house full of clean freaks." Ty said as he made his way though the water, thankfully it wasn't very deep. At the very least it would save him another lecture on dragging mud on the carpets when he got home.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Postby Chayden » 04/29/2011 9:12 PM

"Alrighty, I'm coming down. Bryan, Zhi, Felix, watch out!" Beire, after scrabbling down a bit, hopped to the ground. There went his bells jangling again, of course.

"It's a good thing that the island is so close to the riverbank, don't you think?" Arcaina asked, if only to keep talking. Being a young girl, talking was her specialty. In fact, if she hadn't been trained not to do so, she'd probably spill all of the mob's secrets to any old passerby!
Chayden
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

2.2 - 1.3

Postby Remedy » 04/29/2011 10:15 PM

Bryan looked up and made sure he and Zhi stayed a safe distance from Beire before he jumped off.  Once he was on the ground, Bryan ran over to him.  

"Do you think we should keep searching in this area or try somewhere else?"  He asked.  He had searched through the grass around the area as well as he could, and neither he nor Zhi found anything besides the rock-egg.  That Cuniflare had hidden these eggs pretty darn well...

"Bryaaan, what about the one in the tree!  It's an egg, right?  The orange thing?  Go see!  Go see!"  She said, bouncing up and down on his head.  Bryan figured she might not leave him alone about it until he went up to help figure out what it was.

"Uh... I can try to get it out if it doesn't come loose, Felix.  Or maybe Zhi can.  She's lighter than a feather,"  Bryan told them, willing to offer his and Zhi's help if needed.

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Chayden » 04/29/2011 10:31 PM

"Yeah, so much for leaving the easy ones, huh?" Beire shook his head. He wasn't disappointed, though. Actually, he was glad that the egg hunt wasn't a cakewalk. That way, the eggs that they did find would be all the more rewarding! "I guess we should probably move on after this."
Chayden
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 04/30/2011 8:25 PM

Thankfully, the tree was barely more than a sapling, in width atleast. It wasn't much trouble to get the whole thing to shake, and after a few minutes, sure enough the orange egg fell from the tree and into a some long grass at the base of the trunk. "Well, it's a start. Let's hope there's some more eggs close by."

"Yeah, I wouldn't like to be traipsing though here for half an hour." Ty said as he ran up onto the little island. "Right, let's find some eggs, Felix will never let me live it down if he finds more than we do." Well, after a day or so everything would have been forgotten, but it's the principle of the thing.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Chayden » 04/30/2011 8:47 PM

Beire clapped with excitement. "Oh yeah, we got it! Nice, Felix!" He hopped around a bit, eager to find more.
"Let's get going, dudes!"

"Hey, d'you think there'd be any down here?"
Arcaina had nearly fallen into a hole on the island. It had been covered over with grass, but she held it aside in order to peer in. "It's pretty deep."
Chayden
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 04/30/2011 9:29 PM

Felix nodded, scanning the area for yet more colourful eggs. "I think that we should maybe try a bit further ahead, where the grass is a bit longer. There could be some eggs hiding in there, you wouldn't be able to see them from over here so it's easily overlooked." It was worth a shot, right?

Ty seemed to consider this for a moment. "I'm not sure... It's possible that an egg or two might have rolled down there, but you don't know how deep it is. You'll want to be careful if you decide to have a look." While he wasn't sure that it was altogether a wise idea for Arcaina to explore down there, if she really wanted to, there was nothing he could really do to stop her.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

2.3 - 1.4

Postby Remedy » 04/30/2011 10:23 PM

"Good job,"  Bryan said to Felix when the egg fell out.  He was all for moving on now, though.  

"Yeah!  Let's look over there, Bryan!" Zhi said before Bryan could reply.

He just nodded his head in agreement before heading to the taller grass to help look for eggs.

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Chayden » 04/30/2011 10:41 PM

"Okay. Where the grass is longer, then." Beire agreed with the others easily. The taller grass would shield even the most brightly colored of eggs, if not combed properly. He hurried away after Bryan and Zhi.

"Yup. I'll be careful." Arcaina poked her nose into the hole, then withdrew and replaced it with her paw. "Oh! Here's one! It wasn't very deep, after all." She presented him happily with a pink egg, grinning.
Chayden
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

2.4 - 2.0

Postby Remedy » 04/30/2011 11:44 PM

Bryan hadn't needed to go far into the taller grass before he found an egg.  He hadn't seen it while he was walking, probably because it was pitch black and blended in a bit with the shadows.  Due to it's camoflague, he accidentally stepped on it and heard a loud crack.

You broke it!!" Zhi cried, as if it had actually been living instead of being plastic.

"Oops... Sorry.  Look, it's all right.  He said, picking it up gently.  It hadn't fully broken open; there was just a long crack from the top to the bottom.  He swallowed it carefully, trying not to make it break any more as it reached his stomach compartment.

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Chayden » 04/30/2011 11:48 PM

Beire and toddled a bit beyond Bryan and Zhi. He flashed them a thumbs-up as he went by. They were finally finding some eggs! The Evercold had seen one himself, and that was why he had not stopped. It was glittering in the sunlight, calling out to him.
A purple sparkly egg!
"Hey, Zhi - this may not be blue, but it is sparkly. Here!" He grinned as he presented his find to the Neuleef.
Chayden
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext