Almost large enough to be considered a theme park while remaining free to the public, Terrace Park is rumored to have been the site of the Grand Hollowheart's defeat, leading to the Hollowhearts first accepting a pact with humans. (+2 Fame, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Terrace Park

Re: Slot 4: Draiz and Mojave

Postby Mojave » 05/03/2011 11:39 PM

Not really, thankfully the architect of our home built it over a natural lake, and since the sun doesn't reach it, it doesn't evaporate to become a puddle. Plus, the mountains are only a few miles away behind us so we have it pretty easy where we are. I just cause problems at home, that's all.

She realized she would have to tell Yura something, so she left all the blame on her own shoulders. But having slipped this much, she didn't want to discuss it any further. She didn't want Yura to see her like everyone back home did- useless and a burden. She longed to, not to get anyone back home in trouble, but because that would mean they were a friend. They wouldn't treat her like she was used to.

So, where should we look for food?
Pen . Docs . Sales . Wishes . About . RP Records . Journal . DA . FR
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 584
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 05/03/2011 11:44 PM

It felt as though there was more to it than she was being told, but Atayura would push Beltain no further. She knew that when someone didn't just come out and say it that typically meant they either couldn't due to the trouble it would cause them later or that they just did not want to tell someone. If Beltain had told her though she wouldn't have seen her as any different. Sure they hadn't been doing that well during this hunt, but she didn't see any of that as Beltain's fault. She had caused her own fair share of trouble after all.

"Uhmm... Well, if you like fruit I should be able to find something of the like relatively easy if I scan the area from above.. I'm not really sure what other sort of things we could look for. What sort of foods do you like?"
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1620
Donate

Postby Mojave » 05/03/2011 11:53 PM

At the lack of questioning, Beltain relaxed. Maybe time would prove Yura as the friend she so desperately wanted. For now, their dark secrets would have to remain private. She sat down, giving up on trying to walk. The more she tried, the more it began to hurt. "I enjoy fruit." She smiled, "I'm not a picky eater. Would you like me to see if I can find anything like nuts around here? I noticed some pecan trees and the like close by."
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 05/04/2011 12:04 AM

"Sure. That would work," she said with a small nod. "Try not to stress your leg too much though. If it starts hurting too much just sit down and take a break. I'm sure we have plenty of time, so there is no need to rush. I'm certainly not in a rush myself at least." She had figured that since Beltain sat back down that meant that she was in more pain than she was letting on. Or well, more pain than she was trying to make it seem like.

"I'll do my best to be back soon. I'm sure that with how overgrown this place is there's sure to be some sort of fruit tree nearby." With those final words she turned from Beltain and walked a few feet away before taking to the air, her form seeming to change as she was almost out of sight.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 05/04/2011 12:21 AM

Beltain watched her fly away, wishing she was that confident to change in front of others. But she felt naked as she changed, even though fur or the clothes of her human form were always there to cover her. Once Yura was out of sight, she began to to wander slowly through the trees close by, searching for fallen pecans that weren't moldy or already harvested by the squirrels and such.

After some time, she managed to get the basket pretty full of pecans, walnuts, and acorns- the three growing close to each other. Once the basket was half full, she made her way back to the blackberry bush she had fallen into to gather what was left and worth taking. She wasn't in the mood for them, but Yura might be. With her contribution to lunch gathered, she sat upon the rock Yura had left her at, and waited for her friend to return.
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 05/04/2011 12:44 AM

Atayura soon found that in this much smaller form things were a lot more heavy..... A lot. The basket alone was terrible to carry and created a lot of drag as she held it in her talons. Luckily she didn't have to fly too far before finally finding a patch of apple trees, the likes of which she tossed a couple of in to the basket. A little bit of traveling brought her to various places in search of a variety of food before she returned to Beltain, landing a few feet from the rock and using the basket itself as a perch.

As she huffed and puffed trying to catch her breath Beltain could probably tell that there were apples, plums, and a few peaches as well. There was also a surprise within. Two little eggs, with pastel markings, were nestled in the basket as well.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous