Almost large enough to be considered a theme park while remaining free to the public, Terrace Park is rumored to have been the site of the Grand Hollowheart's defeat, leading to the Hollowhearts first accepting a pact with humans. (+2 Fame, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Terrace Park

Re: Slot 6: Snowy and Freezy

Postby Fallen_Snow » 06/05/2011 12:26 AM

"Ohmygosh, it is! We're being made into real superheroes! Maybe we can be like that BatGuy or whatever and get one of those cool sky signal things," said Woody, pushing her hands towards the clouds in an arch. "That way we can know when the adults need us."

Longshot nodded thoughtfully. "But what would our drawing be? He has a bat as his... we don't have a picture for the group."

"Well then we should get one!" said Woody. "Alright, who's good at drawlin' pictures?"

Reverb smiled at Barry. "No thanks are needed, Barry! It's all in a day's work for the Starbursts!"
About you and me: it's plain to see,
We only ever want to stay inside and watch TV,
Because that's just as good a memory,
You're just good company,
And I am finally accepting that.

Remember the time when we stole the whole day?
And nobody knows it, we took it away,
And it will be forever mine,
And it will be forever yours
Now we own the night, and it can't be undone,
We'll never forget how it feels to be young,
Cos it will be forever mine,
And it will be forever yours.

I did not make my avatar.
Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Freezair » 06/09/2011 5:39 PM

As the organizer and the bully's mother carted him away, grumbling in his ears, Barry came up to them happily. "Thank you for saving my eggs an' catchin' that guy," Barry said. "I'll be sure to tell everybody how cool you were! And--and then... You'll be famous! Maybe."

"It's OK," Minty said. "We're not in it for fame!" But privately, her heart swelled at the idea. First the adults, and now the kids! The Starbursts were really going somewhere! She patted the kid. "All in a day's work! ...Oooh, we're drawing now? Cool!"

"I brought my special crayons," Pomona said. "They're all-natural with extra bright bio-grayable dyes! I knew they'd come in handy," she bragged. "But I don't have any paper."

"Can we put stickers in it? I have lots of stickers," Jeremiah said. "Or... is that bad, 'cuz the stickers might be cobby-rided? I don't wanna get sued by some sticker guy 'cuz we put some cobby-rided stickers in our logo..."

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 06/22/2011 1:25 PM

"I think as long as the stickers aren't of other superheroes--like, if they're flowers or somethin', it should be okay." said Longshot to Jerry, looking at a few of his stickers.

Reverb and Woody looked at each other slyly when Pomona mentioned paper. "REEEENNNAAAAA!" They called out in unison, smiling at the woman from across the field. She smiled, but it was more like a grimace, and waved unenthusiastically. "WE NEED PAPER!" Woody continued, rubbing the side of her fist against her other palm to pantomime drawing to her guardian. Rena rolled her eyes and nodded and began to dig through her purse, ever-prepared now that she was forced to watch children. A few minutes later she pulled away from her bag and waved a small pad of lined paper. Woody ran to go get it.

"Thank you very much, Rey!" she said cheerily, taking the pad. Rena gave the little cowgirl another smile-grimace. "You're very welcome, Woody." she said through gritted teeth.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Freezair » 06/23/2011 6:04 PM

Pomona eagerly took a sheet of paper and began drawing. Being scientifically-minded, she drew things she knew about--atoms, beakers, and the works. But, she observed, although those were good symbols for her, the group needed one that fit everybody. She set her scribbles aside.

Minty went for the obvious, and started drawing stars. "Hmm... What color's best? Yellow, or blue, or pink, or rainbow?" Minty was partial to pink, since it was her favorite color, but rainbow would be a good way to make sure no one was left out.

Never without his stickers, Jeremiah began creating patterns with them. He made one of a bunch of leaf stickers and a rainbow he thought looked rather nice, but they didn't use leaves. Making logos was hard.

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 06/24/2011 10:21 PM

Reverb tapped her chin. "Hrm... I like pink and yellow and blue together. Especially when it's that cotton candy and it's really sunny out and the cotton candy's all shimmery..." Reverb licked her lips. She was getting sidetracked. "How about we do a circle... and put a star inside... like this." She dragged her finger around on her bracelet a bit, frowning and going over what she did before. Once she seemed satisfied, she pressed a button on the side and a projection of her work flickered onto the paper.

"Whatcha think?" she asked.

Longshot winced a bit. "Are you trying to tell us we have to all wear pink t-shirts?" He looked to Minty quickly. "Not that pink's a bad color, but me and Jer are boys. I mean, Jerry, do you wanna wear pink?"

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Freezair » 06/26/2011 3:37 AM

"I don't mind pink," Jeremiah mumbled. OK, OK, so he knew that it wasn't exactly "typical" for boys to like pink. But he thought it was a nice color. A lot of cool things were pink, like Plush creatures, or flamingos, or the insides of watermelons, or strawberry candy, or socks after you accidentally threw them in the washing machine with a red shirt. But it wasn't bad.

"Ooooh! I have an idea!" Minty said. "I think that's really good! But!" She raised her hand. "I think we should all do, like, our own version of it! So we have our group logo, but everybody who's a member adds their own thing to it and gets to make their own colors for theirs! But the inside's still yellow, I think. But we can all add stuff to the shape."

"If we have to choose different colors, I call red!" Pomona shouted. Then, remembering, "Err... Unless somebody else wants it. ...Do we all have to pick different colors?"

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 06/26/2011 8:37 PM

Longshot smiled at Minty. "I like that idea! I mean, we're not all the same superheroes, and the only ones I've seen with matchin' uniforms are families. And you guys are my bestest friends, but we're not related. So I think that that works." he said, scrutinizing Reverb's sketch to get an idea of his own.

"Wait, wait, then I call blue!" he shouted after Pomona. "Can I have purple?" Woody piped up, who had promptly sat down in the grass and had a fairly good dandelion crown going. Reverb stared at the others and shrugged. "I'll take black if no one else wants it."

(Pffft. Not family. PFFFT.)

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Freezair » 06/26/2011 11:57 PM

"I can definitely be pink if nobody else wants it," Minty said. Given Longshot's reaction, she'd hopefully have it to herself. Pomona already wanted red, so she looked worryingly to Jeremiah.

"Oooh--which should I be? Yellow or white or green?" He scratched his chin. "Yellow is the color that lightning always is when people draw it in cartoons, right? An' my hair is yellow! So that's right for me... But real-life lightning is white? Should I be more real, or more like a cartoon? My favorite color is green, but I don't think it fits... Hmm..."

"You should be yellow," Minty said. "That way, we'll have red and blue and yellow, like the primary colors in art class! Pink, purple, an' black make good back-up colors, too."

"Now we need to know what we're gonna put on 'em," Pomona said. "I want test tubes and stuff on mine! I call it!"

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous