Almost large enough to be considered a theme park while remaining free to the public, Terrace Park is rumored to have been the site of the Grand Hollowheart's defeat, leading to the Hollowhearts first accepting a pact with humans. (+2 Fame, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Terrace Park

Slot 5: Kabuto and Talcen

Postby kabuto_rocks » 05/01/2011 2:43 PM

Wow, she'd gotten a slot. She was still a little dazed about it. Normally she wasn't so lucky. Now she was just eager to start hunting those eggs. Of course, she was polite enough to wait for her partner first. She knew that if the shoe was on the other foot, she'd be bothered by someone not waiting for her. It was hard though. Her tails were wiggling madly and she kept tapping her front paw on the ground. She had no idea what an Easter egg smelt like, but she was sure she could scent one all the same.

She couldn't have wished for a better day for hunting. The park did indeed look beautiful, the warm spring sunshine only illuminating its natural beauty. It was one of her favourite places-she could remember wandering among the grass even when she was just a pup. Would that help her find eggs? She would just have to wait and see

{Posts: 10}
kabuto_rocks
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 217
Donate

Re: Slot 5: Kabuto and Talcen

Postby Kylo » 05/01/2011 7:14 PM

"Wow! The park is great! I can't wait to get started!" Talcen zoomed into the park as if his feet were on fire and skidded to a stop in front of the lucain. "Hi! I'm Talcen! So I heard you needed a partner to hunt eggs! Well let's go!" He was itching to get started and wanted to get some eggs, like right now! "Let's go, let's go, let's go!" He grabbed her paw and started to drag her over to where he had heard from his not so socially acceptable friend that eggs where often hidden. In bird's nests and trees.

He sniffed the air for egg dye and boiled eggs and caught a feint scent on the wind. "They're near by! They got to be! Or at least eggs of some sort are nearby!" He bounced up and down and sniffed at every leaf and rock around. If anyone had never met Talcen before they'd probably swear that he was on a sugar high.

You can't wake up, this is not a dream
You're part of a machine, you are not a human being
With your face all made up, living on a screen
Low on self-esteem, so you run on gasoline

I think there's a flaw in my code
(Oh, ooh-oh, ooh-oh, oh)
These voices won't leave me alone
Well, my heart is gold and my hands are cold

Are you deranged like me?
Are you strange like me?
Lighting matches just to swallow up the flame like me?
Do you call yourself a fucking hurricane like me?
Pointing fingers 'cause you'll never take the blame like me?
"Gasoline" by Halsey

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 294
Donate

Postby kabuto_rocks » 05/02/2011 2:53 PM

"Hi, nice to meet you!" Iota greeted her partner with a bemused but friendly smile. They certainly seemed active, perhaps even bouncier than her. That was probably a good thing though. If they had a lot of energy then they were certainly more likely to find eggs. She was even more bemused when he dragged her but she didn't really mind. She had been eyeing that tree herself.

"I'm Iota by the way." She smiled before beginning to sniff herself. She could smell something, hopefully something worthwhile. Picking a random bush she began to look under the leaves. She was a little slower than her partner but she wanted to make sure she checked as many places as possible thoroughly. After checking that plant she moved on to the next, making sure not to stray too far from her partner.

"Where do you think we should look?"

{Posts: 11}
kabuto_rocks
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 05/02/2011 5:10 PM

"How about by the fountain? I'd hide stuff there if I was a bunny." He began to work his way towards the fountain carefully sniffing everything in sight. "So where are you from? I'm from the Slums." He decided to make conversation with Iota. Afterall she may turn out to be a great new friend.

"It's really fun there if you know where to go! This one alley is full of neat stuff to explore!" By now he had made it to the fountain and was sniffing around. There's go to be one around here somewhere, he thought. He continued to sniff around, looking for any sign of hidden eggs.

(Oh, ooh-oh, ooh-oh, oh)

Are you strange like me?
"Gasoline" by Halsey

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby kabuto_rocks » 05/03/2011 11:37 AM

"The fountain's a good idea." Water might not be all that great for eggs usually, but she doubted Easter eggs would be affected badly by it. After all, every single one of the eggs she'd found last year had been in the sea. It had been exhausting swimming for them, even with her love of water.

"The Slums? That must be interesting. I've never been there myself, but I think my dad and maybe my sister have," Actually, she was pretty sure her sister went there a lot. Typical of Kay really. The Slums was rumoured for some unsavoury figures and she knew her sister would prefer a place where people were unlikely to speak to her. The fact that Talcen was from there though was surprisingly. Mind you, she had learnt not to make snap judgements about people (or places for that matter), "I suppose Roraldi Forest would be the closest thing I have to a home. I've been going there ever since I was a pup. It's quite quiet I suppose but it's so beautiful." Having searched the bushes, Iota skipped over to a nearby flowerbed. It would be a secure place if you were looking to hide eggs, and the fact the flowers grew close together would hide anything which might be inside. She began poking her nose in hopefully, getting a lovely smell in the progress. Hopefully she wouldn't disturb any angry bees while she was at it

{Posts: 12}
kabuto_rocks
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 05/03/2011 4:42 PM

"I think I've been there before. It's really quiet there. I wonder why it's so quiet." He finished looking by the fountain and bounded over to the flower beds to help Iota look. There was still no visible sign of any eggs to be found. Hey! Maybe they're buried! You know like treasure chests are!" He then started to dig where he thought he had scented eggs. He'd make sure to put the dirt back when he was done digging.

After several moments he determined that the likelyhood of the eggs being buried was zilch so he shoveled the dirt back into the hole he dug. "Well it was worth a shot. Hmmm, where would you hide eggs if you were a bunny Iota?"

(Oh, ooh-oh, ooh-oh, oh)

Are you strange like me?
"Gasoline" by Halsey

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby kabuto_rocks » 05/04/2011 11:33 AM

The flowerbed had smelt great and she had spotted a butterfly, but she hadn't found an egg there. Trying to hide her disappointment, she instead focused her thoughts on the question Talcen had posed.
"I guess the people who live there usually like it quiet. I imagine not as much wildlife would want to stay if it was noisy." The idea that the eggs could be buried was good. She nodded excitedly, darting back to by the flowers where the dirt was softer.

"That could be the case!" She smiled, then began to dig herself. She got quite deep but then began to ponder. Would the bunny be able to hide eggs deep under the ground? Probably not. It wouldn't be fair on the pets who couldn't dig. Mind you, it was supposed to be a challenge.

"Well..." She sighed, sitting down briefly by the hole she had dug. She would fill it in later after she'd rested a bit, "Bunnies like grass, plants...Easter bunnies might like chocolate. We could look by the food stands." She could remember a few food stalls from the last time she had visited. Normally they just sold bread, but perhaps they might stock something a bit more festive?

{Posts: 13}
kabuto_rocks
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate