Almost large enough to be considered a theme park while remaining free to the public, Terrace Park is rumored to have been the site of the Grand Hollowheart's defeat, leading to the Hollowhearts first accepting a pact with humans. (+2 Fame, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Terrace Park

Slot 2: Toxic and Moofius

Postby ToxicShadow » 05/07/2011 7:48 PM

The blood Lucain stood out like a sore thumb in the middle of the grassy field, and the pulsating red aura around him didn't help matters even one bit. It made him stand out even more, as a matter of fact. He was hating his life right now, without a doubt.

He had traveled to the park as a Lucain, not wanting to risk being seen going to a public park. It just wasn't right for famous actors to be seen doing monotonous, daily activities. They did those things all behind closed doors. Otherwise, the mystery that the stage presented was destroyed. Just because he was an actor second didn't mean that he didn't take things seriously, besides, mafia leaders shouldn't really go out in the open either.

The words of his children still echoed in his head; they were his only reason for being here. Under no other circumstances would he be hunting for Easter eggs. What nonsense!

"Cynder, will you get a move on?" Karkaine called out, not looking behind him, but rather taking the time to observe their scenery. He was sure that his mate had caught up by now, despite his complaints.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2834
Donate

Re: Slot 2: Toxic and Moofius

Postby Moofius » 05/07/2011 8:01 PM

"Just letting you know, since you clearly haven't gotten it yet, but this is so, so lame and embarrassing."

He'd done everything in his power to get try and get out of this but the kids had won. They always won, in the end anyway. So here he was laden down with empty Easter baskets wishing he were dead. Though maybe Karkaine would have killed him if he'd said no enough. So maybe he didn't really wish he were dead, at least not at the house. Once he'd traveled from the house to the park he was ready and willing to die.

"The kids are great, but nothing is worth this." Cynder growled, stepping into the unkempt clearing also in his lucain form with his ears back, head lowered and tail down. Strapped to his back were four baskets, one for each of the kids, and an extra in case they found more eggs. They jostled against his sides and made this whole experience one million times worse; everyone knew for sure what he planned to do.
"Nothing."
Image :.: The Sun Will Always Shine For The Imperials :.: Image
:.: Let Us Free You From The Darkness Of Ignorance And Weakness :.:

PenWishBreedJournalTradeRecord
Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1086
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 05/07/2011 8:13 PM

After scoping out scene, it became painfully clear that egg hunting wasn't going to be all that difficult of a task. Colorful eggs were seen spotting the ground at every turn. It wouldn't even be much of a challenge to fill the baskets for each of the children; both a blessing and a curse for the pair. It was going to be an easy task, but oh so very boring.

Finally, Karkaine turned to face his mate, letting out a growl from deep within his throat. "I paid good money for this," he reminded him harshly. Not only had he paid for the stupid spot in the hunt, but he had to negotiate with some whack-job Meji in order to get it. "I don't like this any more than you do, my love, I have a reputation to uphold, but we don't have any other choice." His words came from between his bared teeth. Apparently, by his tone of voice, he didn't want to argue about it anymore. He'd already heard enough. "With the children being sick, it's the least we can do for them." Yea, he'd become a softy for his kids.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 05/07/2011 9:33 PM

Cynder huffed but didn't continue the argument. As much as he'd love to get kicked out of this venue for bleeding all over the place, he didn't want to if only for the kids.
Stupid kids.

"I could think of a few things we could be doing. Like... anything but this, for starters." Cynder grumbled,shaking the baskets off, all of them tumbling to the ground around him, the strings that had been tied to the handles getting caught around his paws.
"Oh yes, yes lets degrade me some more..."

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 05/07/2011 9:51 PM

Karkaine merely shook his head, not bothering to respond, as he returned back to being a man of few words. Knowing that it was nearly impossible to hunt eggs while both as Lucain, the blood Lucain took it upon himself to change back into his human form, luckily, fully clothed. He was still wearing his outfit from the theater, not bother to change, though he had removed his mask and left it at home.

"Need help?" He questioned his companion, smirking. It was difficult not to chuckle at Cynder's predicament, especially given how much he enjoyed teasing the gray Lucain. Perhaps this would be enjoyable, after all.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 05/07/2011 10:00 PM

Cynder was not fazed by the change and figured Karkaine would make it when he was safely out of view. Instead he tried to fully ignore whatever the master of the theater was doing and tried to untangle himself. Of course he was too annoyed and embarrassed to think straight, only making the whole situation worse. By the time Cynder really needed help getting out his two front paws were tied together, but it was very unlikely that he would degrade himself further by asking for help. Instead he tried to turn his back to Karkaine in a futile attempt to hide his plight while he tried to chew the thread through.

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 05/07/2011 10:20 PM

While Cynder turned his back to him, Karkaine became even further amused, despite not showing the emotion. He waited without a word for a minute or two before he had grown impatient and was tired of waiting. "Just let me help," he insisted, walking around the Lucain in order to face him. Before Cynder could turn away again, he knelt down, using his hands to untangle the thread that had wrapped itself around his mate's paws. He could help him out some of the time, after all, and besides...

"You're wasting time messing around like that. There is a deadline." They didn't have all day to hunt for the eggs.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 05/07/2011 10:27 PM

Cynder was beyond tempted to bite Karkaine's hands, ears laying flat but allowing him to untie him.
"You could have started looking without me," Cynder  huff as he stood, butting Karkaine lightly (by their standards) in the chest, "It's not exactly hard. Look, there's one right here." He said, flicking one paw just to his left. He didn't even look; he didn't have to as the eggs were everywhere.

"Does it even count as an egg hunt with eggs not even trying to hide or run. What kind of hunt is that?" He snorted, "I have more trouble hunting down the kids toys after a day of play, and they must have at least as many toys as there are eggs here, if not more."

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 05/07/2011 11:27 PM

"And where would the fun be in that?" The blood Lucain responded in a flat voice. It was far too entertaining to tease Cynder whenever he had the chance. Their teasing, taunting and fighting seemed to be the entire foundation of their relationship. Definitely an odd couple, but it worked for them, apparently.

"It's geared toward children," he stated, flicking his Lucain tail that he retained even in his human form. "Perhaps, not for too far advanced children..." Surely, this would be easy even for their kids. But, then again, living in a theater must have made them a little more cultured them some children.

Karkaine leaned down to grab the multitude of baskets from the ground, resting three on one arm, and just one on the other; the hand belonging to the arm with only one was designated as his grabbing hand. He then promptly picked up an egg that had been near his foot and placed it into one of the baskets.

"There is no use in complaining."

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 05/08/2011 12:16 AM

"Slow children," Cynder huffed, hoping the stupid string problem wouldn't come back and bite him in the ass since he was giving Karkaine an opening there. Then again, he kind of deserved it, stupid string.

Cynder trotted off, easily picking up an egg in his jaws and trotting back to Karkaine and plopping the egg in the basket that was at the lowest height.
"Bleh, I think that one had sparkles, bleh." Cynder licked his paw, contemplated licking Karkaine's hand and opted for his coat instead, "No use in complaining, but that won't exactly stop me, Karkaine."

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 05/08/2011 12:30 AM

Indeed, it would come back to bite Cynder in the ass. How could Karkaine miss the opportunity? He had already been nice enough to help untangle him. The gray Lucain just should have thanked him when he had the chance, then the insults could have been avoided all together.

When Cynder licked his coat, Karkaine's eyebrows knit together and he growled. "Must you?" Did he have any idea how much these clothes cost? Yet, he was trying not to fight all that much with his mate. It would only make this process even more tedious, as they wouldn't accomplish much.

"I have the right mind to knock you out and take you to get neutered," he warned, his tone having grown dark. "Don't test me."

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 05/08/2011 12:40 AM

"Oh Karkaine I am SO frightned." Cynder laughed as he trotted off, "Pfft, besides you should thank me. by the end of the day your coat will be all nice and sparkly."

He left again, not going far before he stumbled across the another egg and returned it, unable to talk with the egg in his mouth, "I'd love to see you neuter me and not manage to make a mess of the baskets. You'd upset the kids if I didn't come back... With eggs."

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 05/08/2011 12:51 AM

A growl escaped Karkaine's throat. No, instead of neutering Cynder, he really just ought to kill  him and get it over with. "You have no sense of what anything costs, Cynder." The Blood Lucain had quickly grown agitated with the other male. It wasn't Cynder that had to deal with the costs of living which, in their case, included the expenses of maintaining a theater and all of their members.

"As long as I returned with eggs, I doubt the children would care if you didn't," he retorted. However, with as annoying as the gray Lucain was, Karkaine took it upon himself to walk away from him, heading deeper into the tall grass. If he hadn't been mistaken, there was a good sized pile of rocks just in the distance, and he was sure there would be a multitude of eggs hidden there.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 05/08/2011 1:05 AM

Cynder's ears went back. Why should he know these things? It's not like he'd ever dealt with money before. Besides, what was he doing out in an expensive coat anyway?
"Just give me a basket to fill if you're going to be like that. I don't need to take this crap from you. It's not my fault you decided it would be a good idea to wear an expensive coat to go trek through dirt and grass and trees to find eggs, you big dope."

Sometimes he hated Karkaine and his pampered ways. He hated his human form more than he should because of the clothes and the rules. So many rules to being a person it was just stupid. Leave him to be a dirty dog anyday. It was always better than being in a human form, even when he was caught in strings and trying not to break the baskets.

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 05/08/2011 1:17 AM

Karkaine stopped in his tracks to drop one of the baskets on the ground. If that was what Cynder wanted, then so be it. "Have it your way. But, let the record show, I was wearing it when we left because of the rehearsal prior." Should it not be obvious that he was wearing it because of the hurry that they had left in just to make the event? It wouldn't have been his choice to ruin the show outfits had he had any other option.

He continued walking, then, without another word. His assumption was correct. When he reached the rocks, he found several eggs nestled between the larger boulders and some attempting to blend in as rocks, themselves. He gathered them up quickly, dispersing the collection evenly between two of the three baskets that remained with him.

Right now, he didn't appear all that interested in dealing with or speaking with Cynder. He may have loved the idiot, but that didn't make up for his lack of common sense on money matters. He acted like such whining, sulky puppy at times.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Next