Almost large enough to be considered a theme park while remaining free to the public, Terrace Park is rumored to have been the site of the Grand Hollowheart's defeat, leading to the Hollowhearts first accepting a pact with humans. (+2 Fame, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Terrace Park

Re: Slot 2: Toxic and Moofius

Postby Moofius » 05/08/2011 1:33 AM

Let the record show? Cynder snapped up the basket and walked away with it, setting it down roughly.
"Let the record show that even a finger fumbling IDIOT, like me, takes all of two seconds to switch out coats." He glared at Karkaine's back pointedly before stomping off, roughly grabbing eggs.

He was far from emotionally mature or stable, and maybe he wasn't as capable as Karkaine in this world, but he was learning pretty damn fast and adjusting as he could so if Karkaine was gonna' be all Miss Prissy-Pissy then he could go right ahead. Cynder knew he was right. Also he was being way smarter about this egg business, spreading out and collecting all the eggs in one area.
Image :.: The Sun Will Always Shine For The Imperials :.: Image
:.: Let Us Free You From The Darkness Of Ignorance And Weakness :.:

PenWishBreedJournalTradeRecord
Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1086
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 05/08/2011 3:06 AM

'Unless it has buttons or straps of any kind,' Karkaine thought, choosing to keep to his silence rather than to speak.

Before he knew it, he had overturned many rocks and gathered all the eggs in the direct vicinity of the rock pile. It seemed that while eggs were laying all over the ground, many more were hidden in the nooks and crannies of many different things. If there were eggs hidden among rocks, there surely must have been many more eggs in similar things, like groups of bushes or logs.

Karkaine continued his search, heading in a direction away from Cynder, as he had no intention of speaking to him now. They both were grudge holders and he wasn't in the mood to break first, at least not right now.

As he walked, he continued to gather up any of the eggs that he came across, hunting for yet another natural structure of some sort.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2834
Donate

Postby Moofius » 05/08/2011 3:16 AM

Cynder ran out of knots of grass and ran into a prickly bush. It did little to stop him as he dropped to his belly and wiggled underneath, looking around in the bush until he found one egg, then back out to place the egg in the basket. He repeated the operation a few times, small scratches decorating his face. It felt good though, as if each scratch allowed for some of his pent up anger and frustration to get out.
It wouldn't make him apologize, though.

"How's the hunt going?" Cynder asked after placing his latest find in the basket. This WAS a little fun. Only a little though, "There shouldn't be any in the grass over here..."

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 05/08/2011 3:27 AM

It seemed that they had managed to wander closer to one another again, without Karkaine paying it any attention until Cynder spoke up. "Well," he replied, taking a moment to do so as he glanced at the three baskets lining one of his arms. He had kept one of them empty, while working on filling two of them. So far, it wasn't going that bad, especially given the fact that he wasn't willing to crawl into a sticker bush as of this moment, not in his form. He hadn't failed to notice the scratches on Cynder's face and, had Karkaine been in his Lucain form, he probably would have wanted to join the other Lucain.

"Are you enjoying a task that allows you to remain a Lucain?" As Karkaine would, he ignored that the had previously had an issue, seeing as neither of them often apologized, and moved on to another subject matter.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 05/08/2011 4:54 PM

Karkaine seemed to be doing well, baskets getting ready to overflow. They were running out of basket space pretty quickly though. The eggs were too easy to find, they weren't restricted by time, but by space.

"No Karkaine, I'm hating it." Cynder said, rolling his eyes before mentioning their problem, "We're running out of baskets. Do you think we should get more...? Maybe we should have brought bags..."

(( Homygawd, sorry I suck. :|;;; ))

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 05/08/2011 5:30 PM

With two of his baskets nearly full and Cynder's basket left in the same situation, they were left with an odd predicament. They had a time limit, but it seemed that they would be more limited by what they could carry.

He thought about Cynder's question a moment. Surely with what they already had the children would be happy, but they would probably be even more pleased if their fathers brought back even more eggs then what they had expected. "I could use my coat pockets," he thought out loud. His strange coat did have an awful lot of extra pockets, seeing as it was designed to be able to hide various props for their performances. "We have one basket left, as well. Perhaps we could hide our gathered eggs somewhere and recollect them when we're done?" It might take awhile to go somewhere and get more baskets. "Unless you want to buy more baskets." They were too far away from home to go retrieve anything from there easily.

A moment later, something else dawned on him. Why not take advantage of his status? "I could call one of our members and have them bring more."

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 05/08/2011 10:41 PM

"And the coat comes in handy!" Cynder says, "Well I guess it's good you didn't change. Though the eggs might mess up your coat a little. Think it's worth it Miss Prissy?" he asked, rolling one egg towards Karkaine since carrying eggs in his mouth often made it difficult to speak.
"I'd rather not have to go out and buy some. More than likely I'd just get grocery bags to carry them in but," and Cynder seemed to be trying his best to hide the childish glee he was feeling at the idea of dragging one of the other troupe members down into his own misery, "it would be nice if somebody came down. Then we could keep hunting."
He was failing quite miserably at hiding his feelings, the two grey tails thumping against the ground at a quick, energetic pace.

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 05/09/2011 12:36 AM

"Watch your tongue," Karkaine warned with slight agitation in his voice. He let the name-calling mostly roll off of his back, not mentioning any more on it. If he said he could use it, then he would, simple as that. Fighting here got them nowhere. He reached out to take the egg that Cynder rolled toward him, carefully pocketing it.

It was impossible to miss the growing joy that filled the gray Lucain, his tails being his dead giveaway, like usual. Karkaine smirked. "Don't get too excited about it," his voice had an almost mocking tone to it as he teased him.

However, the blood Lucain procured a phone from his pocket and, after a moment of recalling everyone else schedule's for the day, he called the only one that he could, which happened to be their soul female out of the five leaders. He dialed her number by memory, "Hello, Kez. That is correct. We need more baskets. ... Yes. Croquet? That's fine. Goodbye." The conversation went quickly and without any fuss from the woman on the other end, she not stepping out of line regardless of the silly request that came from her leader.

"Croquet will be coming to join us," he said, as he replaced the phone in his pocket. While it wasn't Aros or Strages, it was Aros' son that would be coming to assist them.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 05/09/2011 12:46 AM

The lucains ham tongue rolled out of his open mouth and Cynder barked a laugh, "I try, but my nose is often in the way. It has a mind of its own. You know that, better than anyone," Cynder said standing and turning around and away to find some more eggs while Karkaine phoned for help, his tail still wagged and created a small breeze.

He would be as excited as he wanted to be, and hey, it was one of the kidlings, too! Not his kids, but one of the troupe's kids. Cynder didn't have the memory for these things but if memory served (and it often did not) it was Aros'.
"Oh good. This should be fun." Though in reality he did not know much about Croquet. Hopefully he could take some teasing and maybe a fight (if he could take a joke). No, no, you have to behave, Cynder. Just look for eggs.
"Have you tried any of the trees?" Cynder asked, again changing the subject. Heights didn't work in Cynder's favor when he was in his preferred form.

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 05/09/2011 2:01 AM

"He should arrive before long," he informed his companion. "Kezarec had already asked him to come out this way, so he is in the neighborhood."

Karkaine chose to bite his own tongue, keeping his comments to himself. It seemed that Cynder didn't quite fully realize who Croquet was, though it didn't seem to surprise the mafia don. After all, though there was only five head mafia members, not including Cynder as his personal right-hand-man, there was a lot of the mafia's children running around; most of them belonging to Aros.

Croquet was probably just as emotionless as Karkaine and Cynder when they weren't with each other or their children. He was a serious character and was assigned the job as the soul security for the theater. Even though he was younger then Karkaine and Cynder both, he still looked like he was at least twenty, and he was an excellent brawler and gunman. Let is not forget his favorite battering weapon of choice: a croquet mallet.

"No, I haven't checked any of the trees yet. We should, while we wait."

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 05/09/2011 3:44 AM

Well it sounded good to Cynder. Croquet would be along with more baskets (or bags. Please bags.) and they could fill more baskets. It would be awhile before he showed so for now it was back to egg hunting. Joy.

"Yeah, I went around an oak tree earlier," Cynder said, turning around to point to a very large, gnarled tree, "since it was sort of tall. But I think it might have quite a few good nooks and crannies we could look into."
It was an impressively old tree, many long, thick branches reaching towards the sky. It was budding, not quite leafy and green. It's trunk was thick and full of hollowed out knots and things. Perfect for hiding eggs in branches and other areas. Not to mention the large roots which seemed to spread out to the edge of this open area.

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 05/09/2011 3:56 AM

Indeed, the tree was a fairly impressive thing, despite Karkaine not appearing all that impressed. Then again, very little impressed said Lucain, so it wasn't much of a surprise. His opinion on the matter may not have been the best to take. Yet, he couldn't deny that Cynder must have been right, eggs would have to be hidden in such a structure.

"You're getting an eye for this," he said, now heading toward the large oak. Just because they were waiting another party member didn't mean that they should stop looking. "Don't tell me that you're actually having fun?"

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 05/09/2011 4:03 AM

His ears flicked backward and his tails stopped wagging for a moment at Karkaine's... What was the word... Accusation? Well whatever the term Cynder wasn't exactly pleased.
"Not even if you paid me, Karkaine! This whole holiday and event is stupid! It's for children. Slow children, if you've already forgotten."

An egg that he'd apparently missed was spotted and placed in the basket he carried before he managed to arrive at the oak.
"You can look high and I'll look low." Cynder said, crouching down and starting to move around the tree, checking the roots which were raised in places; so much so that in some places Cynder could even squeeze under the roots, with great faith and pushing and scrambling, but he could. Was he gaining weight? He needed to get out more, this life was too comfortable.

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 05/09/2011 4:22 AM

"When we met you were a completely uneducated pit fighting Lucain," Karkaine reminded the other male. "By all means, you were slower than myself." It was the Blood Lucain's version of a 'considerate' insult. He only compared Cynder to himself, and they had already both seemingly accepted that he was more educated in worldly, cultural and artistic things. He liked the gray Lucain too much to compare him to anyone else. It was a secret fact that Karkaine had found Cynder's inabilities endearing and, as he had once called him, 'cute.'

He agreed, though only with a casual nod. However, rather than taking directly to branches and knot holes, Karkaine set the baskets that lined his arm down on the ground. He took this opportunity while they were still alone to suddenly crouch down near Cynder and nip at his ear in a somewhat playful manner. Regardless of their different forms, they both had their ears still, and they both, privately, enjoyed such antics. It didn't deter Karkaine that he looked much like a human while the other male remained a Lucain. Why the hell should he care?

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 05/09/2011 12:25 PM

Cynder rolled his eyes and his fur raised a bit, "EVERYONE is slower than you, Karkaine. Everyone."
And as far as Cynder could tell it was true. Karkaine was a man/lucain/monster of very rich tastes. He had little to no hope in ever being on par with Karkaine in manners, temperament, education or much of anything, really. The two got along by fighting for the most part. It was something Cynder truly enjoyed; it let him know he was still alive and that it was all worth living.

He'd had his snout in a hole under the tree, sniffing around for the all too familiar smell of the egg shells when he felt a very familiar sensation in his ear, sharp and beautiful. He pulled himself from where he was looking, dirt and bits of old, dead wood caught in the fur around his face. Cynder didn't seem to mind (or maybe he didn't even notice) as he was busy trying to nip his... whatever Karkaine was, back.
"For being the smartest person I know, that wasn't a very bright move." If Karkaine stood up he wouldn't go after him, if only because he didn't want to invoke Karkaine's wrath over a stupid coat. No, he would just get him at a later time. Cynder wasn't the patient sort, but he was learning a few things from Karkaine.

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext