Almost large enough to be considered a theme park while remaining free to the public, Terrace Park is rumored to have been the site of the Grand Hollowheart's defeat, leading to the Hollowhearts first accepting a pact with humans. (+2 Fame, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Terrace Park

Re: Slot 2: Toxic and Moofius

Postby Moofius » 05/11/2011 4:43 AM

Cynder shrugged, trotting towards the center of the clearing, still keeping his eyes peeled for any obvious eggs as he went, "If we have a time limit, we might as well use up the entire time. A plan of attack sounds like a good idea."

He stopped so he was almost equal distances between Croquet, Karkaine and Tantic and sat down, "We could also see how much we've found so far. And if we can remember how many we might have found in certain places, maybe we can figure out which places might have more eggs hidden."
Seemed pretty logical, but Cynder wasn't entirely trusting of his own plans. Planning was not his forte.

(( Sorry my posts are starting to suck. D: <333 ))
Image :.: The Sun Will Always Shine For The Imperials :.: Image
:.: Let Us Free You From The Darkness Of Ignorance And Weakness :.:

PenWishBreedJournalTradeRecord
Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1065
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 05/11/2011 4:03 PM

Karkaine, Croquet and Tantic alike all set their collections of eggs on the ground, though Tantic suddenly sat down with her legs crossed on the floor, directly across from Cynder, with the two men continued to stand. Apparently, they approved of Cynder's suggestion, since they all took a silent moment to think it over.

The female of the group was the first to speak, "I covered that entire area of the treeline." As she spoke, she gestured toward the direction behind her. "But, if you look over there, and she pointed away from the area, there are some trees and brush over there. Did anyone cover that area?"

Croquet shook his head to answer her question," I only went in that direction. Most of my time was spent walking circles out there and digging eggs out of logs."

"They seem to like hiding the eggs in places that are somewhat more difficult to find them. There is a small rock formation where I looked, and a lot was hidden there." Perhaps the key to the game would be looking for these sorts of possible hiding spots.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2824
Donate

Postby Moofius » 05/11/2011 9:46 PM

"I did the grass, which was obvious "hiding" spots. But there were less spread out over a larger area." Cynder said, sitting down. Well one person was at his level. Admitting it out loud wasn't going to happen, but he did like being at equal eye level.
"There were a few eggs hidden in holes," Cynder said thoughtfully, "and I may have missed a few."
But the tree like seemed covered, along with the logs and the rocks.
"I checked out some bushes, but not all, and I don't know how far back they would go." Was there anywhere else to look? He stood up then, walking around the group and the sizeable pile of eggs, his attention not on the group, but the outer edge of the clearing.

Down low, most likely out of Croquets usually high vantage point was something, "Red," Cynder said, squinting his eyes. He'd almost gone all the way around the group standing somewhere between Karkaine and Tantic. Down look, close to the edge of the clearing was a bit of something red and brown. It looked rusty, but from this far away and with that much tree cover he couldn't be sure of what it was.
"Hey, Croquet. If you squat down low and look that way," Cynder said, gesturing with a paw (not that it was required, he'd been looking in that direction for a noticeable length of time), "can you see if there's something over there?"

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 05/12/2011 1:06 AM

Tantic was seen titling her head ever so slightly to the side as she listened to Cynder speak, seeming very intent. It was when he started walking around, though, that her head tilted farther to the side in curiosity. She even turned around to try to find what he was looking at.

Karkaine eyed Cynder as he wandered around, as did Croquet, without speaking. A "Hm?" escaped the younger male's lips. Croquet did as was asked of him without complaint, squatting down in his spot, eyes int he direction where Cynder had been staring. He spotted it instantly. "It looks like some sort of rusted down vehicle, maybe a truck or a tractor? Maybe even a boat on a wheeled rack." He could see great distances, but that didn't help if other objects got in the way, and the amount of cover the trees provided made it difficult to tell just what it was.

"Seems like a place of interest," Karkaine spoke, stating what everyone was probably already thinking.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 05/12/2011 1:46 AM

Well Cynder had managed to do something right and he was pleased with himself,even if this was just a stupid egg hunt. So he stood, tails wagging happily behind him. He grabbed his not-yet-full bag of eggs and started towards the truck. Hiding the spring in his step was almost impossible but he (mostly) managed it as he headed towards the wheeled vehicle. They didn't know what it was, but it probably hid a few eggs.

Oh look, another green egg. Cynder paused and picked it up, looking behind him.
"Are you girls coming or what?"

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 05/12/2011 1:57 AM

"Yep!" Tantic replied to Cynder, the cheefulness unmistakable in her tone, as she hopped up, grabbed her baskets, and ran to catch up with him. She skipped in the direction that they were all heading in.

Croquet's uncovered eye twitched at Cynder's name-calling and, though he seemed incredibly composed, as if the name-calling hadn't bothered him. It was an annoying gesture, but he knew that Cynder had done so only to attempt to get on their nerves; it was what people often did. Croquet was well trained to keep his composure and not to allow little threats get to him, to keep his mind clear and free of distractions. He grabbed up his bag and followed after Cynder, eying Karkaine only briefly, trying to anticipate his reaction.

The Blood Lucain, grabbed up his baskets, feeling fine and secure about his masculinity despite their activities and his pastel painted baskets. "I'm not the one practically skipping down the way, just like a little girl." He shot back at Cynder. Oh yea, that's right, he noticed just how much the gray male was pleased with himself. He could try to hide it all he wanted, but those tails of his gave him away every single time.

"But skipping is fun," Tantic interjected, not seeming bothered that the two men were shooting insults back and forth.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 05/12/2011 2:22 AM

He wasn't surprised that Karkaine had noticed. Karkaine noticed everything. It sucked that he said what he did, but again, not exactly unexpected.
"So what if I was? Maybe I'm exploring my feminine side." He said, not sure if that was gay or not. He thought he'd read somewhere that that was a healthy thing to do, "So I can understand Tantic. Why do you skip, Tantic?"

In reality though four legs wouldn't help him skip. He'd never seen a lucain, or any other four legged animal, skip. Humans (and birds) could, but Cynder wasn't sure he was going to be the first to skip with four legs, since he would almost assuredly fall flat on his face in his attempt.

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 05/12/2011 2:39 AM

"You are 'Mommy,'" Karkaine merely stated as he walked on. "If we're not gay, I'd say we're grandly past delusional." Which, hey, maybe they weren't gay, but so damn crazy that it ended up this way. As far as he was aware, he wasn't gay, but that didn't change his attraction that he had for Cynder and Cynder alone.

"Because it's fun~" Tantic replied automatically. Though, shortly after, she stopped skipping a moment and turned to Cynder. Her face made it clear that she was thinking about something. "Besides, skipping makes your legs stronger than walking or running does, which means your kicks will deal more damage. And it exudes the excitement of the skipper. If you're happy or excited, skipping makes you feel even better, and it might spread to someone else." She laughed, then continued on skipping. Needless to say, she was strange, too.

Croquet, well, he just stayed out of it, shaking his head at Tantic's first response. However, as she went on, speaking with more of an intellectual view, he was almost surprised.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 05/12/2011 2:48 AM

Cynder was just as surprised as Croquet, if not more so. Well that was... unexpected.
"You may have a poin there." He conceided before turning his attention to Karkaine, "See? Clearly I was wanting to get stronger to kick yer ass, so you better watch out."
What? Skipping didn't make him happy. Fighting did, so... Getting stronger was a good enough excuse for him.

All this talk of skipping and being motherly finally had them arrive at the bit of rusty red sticking out from the brush. Being this close the shape still wasn't entirely defined, but it was pretty big, whatever it was.
"We might need to tear away some plants..." Cynder said, looking at just how over grown this... whatever it was, was.

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 05/12/2011 3:02 AM

"You didn't bring any of your croquet mallets today, did you, Croquet?" Tantic asked once they had stopped and stared at whatever it was hiding being the brush. His spiked mallet variation may have been helpful for clearing the way, ripping the plant life to shreds.
Croquet shook his head.
"Aw, darn. I doubt your guns will be of any help," she stated. Okay, so she was pretty observant.

"Better get to work," Karkaine urged with his usual, commanding tone. He sat the baskets that he carried down, finding a few branches to snap in half. "I doubt this is a tractor. Regular ones are smaller than this."

Tantic jumped forward, gripping a large weed and heaving it out of the ground, while Croquet found other weeds to yank out, attempting to create the lot of them a traversable path. They would probably have to clear out the entire area around whatever this rust bucket was.

[[Boo. My posts are getting kind of suckish. D=]]

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous