Almost large enough to be considered a theme park while remaining free to the public, Terrace Park is rumored to have been the site of the Grand Hollowheart's defeat, leading to the Hollowhearts first accepting a pact with humans. (+2 Fame, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Terrace Park

Slot 3: GrayGriffin and Krystalolive

Postby GrayGriffin » 05/08/2011 2:57 AM

ImageImage

"Well, here we are!" exclaimed Loss. She knew she was supposed to wait for her partner, but he still hadn't shown up yet, which was disappointing. According to the rules, she couldn't start looking for eggs without her partner. Part of her wanted to ask Gain to scan the surroundings after all, but she resisted the urge. Instead, she simply looked around slowly, trying not to make it too obvious she was looking around. She was legally blind, after all.

I do believe there is something by that tree root, commented Gain. Loss' head turned back, and indeed, there was a bright white spot nestled between the roots.

[1,1]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
You're my crystal and clover
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot
What would you do if I stole you tonight? (Ahh ahh)
Why waste time? (Ahh ahh)

'Cause the world goes on without us
It doesn't matter what we do
All silhouettes with no regrets
When I'm melting into you
'Cause I belong in your arms
I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2597
Donate

Re: Slot 3: GrayGriffin and Krystalolive

Postby Krystalolive » 05/08/2011 3:31 AM

"We're going to be late."
Watanuki glared back at his monotoned companion, growling back a "I know, I know!" and quickly running into the park, then looked around. "We're meeting a girl here right? A kuhna I think." No Name nodded, looking at the Carol Kuhna.
"I believe that is her." Watanuki followed the fellox's gaze, then walked over to the kuhna with his silent helper following him, constantly looking around for one of these 'egg' things they were looking for. Watanuki walked up to the kuhna, giving her a quick head bow and trying to force a smile to seem friendly, since Krystal told him to be nice. "Hi. I'm Watanuki, and this is 'Temp'," he motioned to the fellox, who turned at his nickname and gave her a polite head bow as well. "I believe you're our partner for the egg hunt."

(I can change the speech font color if it's too similar, I tried to make 'Temps' lighter and Wata's darker.)
Krystalolive
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 549
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 05/08/2011 4:13 AM

(Oh, it's no problem! I can see the difference just fine.)

"Ah," said Loss, turning her head at the sound. "Great! I was wondering when you would show up. My name is Loss," she added. "I'm afraid I may be a small liability in this hunt, as I am blind, although my other senses are quite sharp enough to make up for it. I do believe I smelled an egg over there," she continued, pointing in the general direction of the tree root. Lying made her uncomfortable, but it would be more trouble than it was worth to explain...

I do not like the feel of that Palowockee... Gain added in her mind.

Why? Would he try to hurt us?

No...I just don't feel right around him. But you are in no danger.

That's confusing.

I know.

[2,2]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Krystalolive » 05/08/2011 12:19 PM

Watanuki forced that smile that he would probably have to have on his face the entire time, but luckily he did this alot so it looked like a real smile, and glanced over in the direction she pointed, seeing the tree and the egg. "Wow, we've barely been here for five minutes and you've already found one, that's amazing." He just kept going over what Krystal had told him. "Now remember Wata, be nice. And compliments are always appreciated."
No Name looked at Loss while she introduced herself and pointed out the egg. Something was... Off. He glanced around the kuhna, getting a feeling something else was there. Watching.
Krystalolive
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 05/08/2011 7:59 PM

"Yes. Shall we go get it? Unless you can see another closer..." added Loss. She wanted to tell Watanuki he didn't need to keep that smile on his face...but she had already told him she was blind. And now that Gain had mentioned it, she could definitely feel some sort of dangerous aura emanating from the others. Was one of them especially sensitive to the supernatural?

I believe that may be so. They could sense me, but not see me, as I am hiding within you...

[3, 3]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Krystalolive » 05/08/2011 9:37 PM

Watanuki nodded, heading over to get the egg. He realized that if Loss was blind, then he wouldn't have to keep the 'happy-go-lucky' smile on his face. Although, this still meant that he'd have to talk rather happily, but that didn't bother him any. He quickly went over, wrapping his tail around the egg and gently picking it up before walking back over to the group. "Now we just have to find the rest."
No Name watched as Watanuki went to get the egg, then glanced back at the kuhna. She seemed innocent enough, and the strange vibes weren't really from her. No Name shook it off, then glanced around, seeing an blob of red in a bush. "I believe there's another one." He spoke in a rather monotone voice, not like a robot, but like a person with no feeling. It WAS a temple pet after all.
Krystalolive
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 05/08/2011 9:59 PM

"What direction?" asked Loss, turning until she was approximately in line with the egg. "Over there?" She wondered if she was making herself seem too powerful, with her apparent ability to sense practically everything, but she didn't want to seem completely useless either...Without waiting for an answer, she started in that direction, calling over her shoulder, "Stop me if I'm wrong!"

You are taking a risk...

I don't think they'll suspect my being possessed by you.

[4,4]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Krystalolive » 05/08/2011 10:23 PM

No Name started to answer her first question. "At about ten o-" He paused, seeing her guess the correct direction and begin to walk over there. "That's right." He paused, then glanced over at Watanuki. 'Isn't she supposed to be blind?'
Watanuki almost jumped, but controlled himself and glanced over at 'Temp'. He had forgotten that Fellox's could communicate telepathically, and it had shocked him slightly to hear another voice in his head. Sadly, Watanuki could not communicate that way, but he gave a slight nod, meaning that he heard the Kuhna say she was blind. Watanuki didn't want to notice it, just continue to hunt eggs without caring, but now that No Name pointed it out, he couldn't help but notice. This blind Loss was able to find the first egg without them even being there, and had been able to find the second egg that 'Temp' pointed out. It seemed just a bit..... Odd. Which most likely meant Watanuki was about to be dragged into another crazy, somewhat supernatural situation again. 'Why can't I go out ONCE without something ghosty happening?
Krystalolive
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 05/08/2011 11:02 PM

Loss was unaware of the others' suspicion, as was Gain, as neither of them possessed any telepathic ability. The communication ability they shared was merely an afterproduct of Gain's inhabitance of Loss' body. Even if they had any telepathic ability, it would have been difficult, or possibly impossible, for them to pick up the communication of others.

Loss stopped when she laid her paw on the egg. "Ah, this is it, right?" she called to the other two behind her. She definitely wanted to look for more eggs, but she decided to wait.

[5, 5]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Krystalolive » 05/08/2011 11:21 PM

No Name and Watanuki looked from each other to back at Loss, and Watanuki smiled purely by habit. "Yes, that's it. That's two down. Who knows how many more to go." He mentally sighed, wondering why he was chosen for this boring, repetitive task. He knew that 'Temp' would have no complaints, he never seemed to have an opinion on anything, but Watanuki didn't really want to go 'Egg Hunting'. He wasn't a child anymore. And he was right. Who knew how many of those eggs were around? They could be hunting for hours and not find half of them.
While Watanuki was ranting in his head, No Name just looked at Loss, trying to figure out why she seemed so... Strange. He saw her get the egg, but he could care less. No Name tried to shake it off, then looked around to try and find another egg, glancing back at Loss every now and then.
Krystalolive
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 05/09/2011 12:30 AM

"You know, there could be eggs up in the trees too. I heard some others talking about them," added Loss, turning around to the others. "Do any of you see any?" Really, even with Gain's senses to help her, it was hard for her to find any eggs in the trees, seeing how short she was in comparison to said trees. Of course, she could utilize Gain's power of levitation, but that would give the game away.

The game may already have been given away...

I'm pretty sure that's a mixed metaphor. And we are under no obligation to say anything.

Tsk, tsk...am I a bad influence on you?
There was an implicit grin in that voice.

No. I'm just more cautious now.

[6, 6]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Krystalolive » 05/09/2011 6:06 PM

No Name looked at Loss, then glanced up at the trees, seeing a few. He paused, then glanced at Watanuki. "Watanuki. I can not climb trees, and I believe the young miss is not able to reach. If you could please-"
"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Watch this egg." Watanuki sighed, then set the egg down beside 'Temp', looking up at the trees. He spotted an egg, then crouched down and jumped up into the tree, close to the egg. He looked at it, then glanced back down. "Alright, here's one egg..." He paused, then glanced around, seeing another one on the other side of the tree. "There's another one on the other side. I'm going to try to lower this one down and get the other one, okay?"
Krystalolive
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 05/09/2011 7:43 PM

"Alright," said Loss, moving towards him. "If you keep speaking, it should be easy for me to locate you and take the egg from you..." She purposefully bumped into a tree root, giving a small yelp of pain, before moving to the actual location beneath the tree. "You're here, right?"

I'm not sure your attempt to throw them off the trail succeeded...

Well, it's all I could think of. You have any better plans?

I admit not...

[7, 7]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Krystalolive » 05/09/2011 8:35 PM

Watanuki tried to reach over to the other egg, then jumped when Loss bumped into the tree. He looked down, frowning. "You don't have to do that! Don't injury yourself for some stupid egg." He sounded worried, which he was. Even if he was a jerk, he cared about people.
No Name glanced at Loss, then glanced up at Watanuki. "Lower the egg." Watanuki glanced at the temple pet, then rolled his eyes and wrapped his tail around the egg, carefully lowering it down to Loss. "Here you go."
Krystalolive
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 05/09/2011 9:07 PM

"It didn't even hurt very much," replied Loss, annoyed. "I was just surprised, that's all. And don't either of you dare make a wisecrack about roots naturally existing under trees!" Of course, unknown to the other two, her declaration was actually directed towards the creature sharing her body.

Heh...d'you really think I would have?

It's your style.

You're beginning to understand me. Quite well, too.
Suddenly, Loss felt her body stiffen, and her head pivot all of a sudden in one direction.

Something's making off with one of the eggs! I can sense it!

[8, 8]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items