Almost large enough to be considered a theme park while remaining free to the public, Terrace Park is rumored to have been the site of the Grand Hollowheart's defeat, leading to the Hollowhearts first accepting a pact with humans. (+2 Fame, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Terrace Park

Slot 6: Thunder and Soriana

Postby Thunder » 05/09/2011 7:59 PM

Adey sighed as she walked around the park, poking through the grass and checking behind trees. What the hell was Azrael thinking, sending her on an egg hunt? Didn't they have a mission to worry about? And why would Azrael want her to look for small, colorful, plastic eggs anyways? He wasn't a kid, and neither was she. In fact, the most kiddy person she knew was actually an immortal demon lord who acted like some kind of hyper three year old.

She supposed, though, that it was a break from the usual search-everywhere-for-demon-prince schedule. And it was years since she had last done an egg hunt. In a way, it was kind of fun, acting like a kid again. She could see other people and pets walking around the park too. They all seemed to be in groups of three or two, and Adey wondered if someone would show up to join her...

"If everyone is one, none will be afraid."

Pen~Breeders~Trades~Wishes~Rentals
Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 877
Donate

Re: Slot 6: Thunder and Soriana

Postby Soriana » 05/10/2011 7:09 PM

Well, if it was princes Adey was after, she was indeed in luck.

However, this particular prince had been expecting... slightly more auspicious company than that which presently surrounded him. It looked like a commoner's paradise, really, and it upset him. Senkar had been told this was some sort of annual festival, which he immediately took to mean something that honors the gods--the gods of ancient Egypt, that is. (The gods were universal; it was an affirmed fact in his mind.)

What he saw around him, however, was unlike any celebration he'd ever seen. People crawling on their hands and knees, desperately looking for something. But what could they all have lost? Their marbles, perhaps, but anything beyond that was a mystery.

He approached the nearest searcher, and, without even acknowledging she existed, asked, "What manner of gathering is this?"

The King beneath the mountains,
The King of carven stone,
The lord of silver fountains
Shall come into his own!

His crown shall be upholden,
His harp shall be restrung,
His halls shall echo golden
To songs of yore re-sung.

The streams shall run in gladness,
The lakes shall shine and burn,
All sorrow fail and sadness
At the Mountain-king's return!

one two three four five
Soriana
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 216
Donate

Postby Thunder » 05/10/2011 7:15 PM

Adey jumped nearly a foot in the air when she heard a man's voice in her ear. Normally, she wasn't easily surprised, but she had been so intent on searching for plastic eggs that she didn't see him coming.

"Uhm," she began. "This is an Easter Egg Hunt, sir. You look for plastic eggs." Adey took a glance around, seeing if she could find an example of an egg to show him. There was a bright pink one in the grass nearby, and she hopped over, picked it up, and returned to Senkar. "Like this. You've never heard of Easter?" She raised an eyebrow at him.

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Soriana » 05/10/2011 8:39 PM

He moved his tongue around in his mouth, contemplating the unusual word. Easter. There was no such god.

Senkar narrowed his eyes in suspicion at the egg. It was of a color he had never seen before, at least on an item like this. The fowl that laid it must have been otherworldly.

"Whom do you honor by conducting this hunt? What is its significance? Who authorized it?"

(And she runs screaming in the other direction in five--*bricked*.)

Shall come into his own!

one two three four five
Soriana
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thunder » 05/10/2011 8:48 PM

(XD Oh boy.)

Adey continued to stare at Senkar. Where the hell is he from? she thought to herself. Gosh, couldn't there be a time where she wasn't around weirdos?

"Uh. Well you see, there's this guy called Jesus. And, uh, he's pretty important. And stuff. He had a lot of followers, but then some guys decided he was a troublemaker and nailed him onto a cross. He died, but got reborn. Easter is supposed to celebrate the day he came back from the dead. I don't really know much aside from that." Here, she looked down at the plastic egg. "And I have no idea why celebrating some reborn guy's rebirth involves looking for plastic eggs."

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Soriana » 05/10/2011 10:26 PM

He was somewhere between toppling backwards onto the grass in a fit of laughter and demanding that she renounce her unconventional worshipping practices. He chose the latter. "What is this mockery?" Senkar spat. "These people defile the name of Osiris."

He composed himself slightly. "I know not of this Jesus, whoever he was, but the story you relate is practically the story of Osiris, Lord of Silence."

Senkar prepared himself to explain, as a steady stream of inquiries was inevitable.

Shall come into his own!

one two three four five
Soriana
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thunder » 05/10/2011 10:40 PM

Adey became really confused when the man began spewing out some crap about ancient Egyptian gods. "Osiris?" she questioned, blinking rapidly at him a few times. "Do people even still believe in that guy? And how can you not know Jesus?" And to herself, she thought, Man, this guy is really off his rocker. Did he get punted in a time machine or something?

Adey was a bit curious about the tale of Osiris, as she did not know as much on Egyptian gods as she'd like to, but this whole conversation was rather...odd.

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Soriana » 05/11/2011 8:12 PM

Senkar chose to ignore her comment about belief.

"The story of Osiris is one of the oldest amongst my people. Many different versions have been brought forth as the millennia have elapsed, and all contain truth. Osiris was once a great pharaoh. But his greedy brother, Set, jealous of his power and his wealth and his kingdom, devised a plot to kill him and reap the benefits." It was here that Senkar paused, a hint of regret flashing across his face. He smirked ironically, and continued. "Set built a sarcophagus to Osiris' exact measurements, and during a party, Set offered it to any one of the guests who could fit inside. No one matched... That is, until Osiris approached and lied back inside it. Immediately Set closed and locked the lid of the sarcophagus, and threw it into the Nile. Later, when Isis, Osiris' wife, heard of his disappearance, she embarked on a quest to locate him, worried--and rightfully so--that he would not reach the Next World without the proper ceremonies. She found the sarcophagus along the coast of Byblos, embedded in the trunk of a cedar tree. Isis removed it and left it in an area of marshland while traveling back down the Nile. Set soons finds the exposed sarcophagus, opens it, proceeds to dismember Osiris' body into fourteen pieces, and scatters those pieces across Egypt."

The tale was not finished, but Senkar decided that she would have to earn the rest of it. "I am Senkar, and now that I have heartily indulged what I can only assume to be your fervent curiosity, you shall indulge mine." He gestured towards the ground. "I shall partake of this celebration, strange as it is. I will reserve judgment."

Shall come into his own!

one two three four five
Soriana
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thunder » 05/11/2011 9:12 PM

Adey payed attention to the story. She supposed she could see some similarities to Jesus, with the killing due to hate and all, but it seemed that Senkar didn't finish the tale. She heard nothing about revival, and simply shrugged. "Uh, sure, you can join me if you want." In truth, she didn't really want to team up with this weirdo Egyptian man, but she wasn't sure if she had a choice. "All you have to do is go around and look for these eggs." She held up the pink plastic egg again. "They're hidden in the grass and trees and stuff. Usually they have some kind of small prize inside, like money or candy, but I haven't opened any of the ones I found yet."

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Soriana » 05/13/2011 10:40 PM

He nodded. "It would be wise to acquaint myself with the currency of the realm. But this 'candy' you speak of... What is it?" It didn't sound like anything Senkar had ever heard of before, a concept which was rapidly descending into regularity in this strange land.

Not waiting for an answer, he dashed off into the trees, away from the majority of the participants. Senkar wasn't going to wound his dignity if he didn't have to. She would have to follow him.

And she still hadn't revealed her name. Was it this one's nature to be secretive?

(Sorry we weren't able to get this going. I was way busier than I thought I was going to be. And I'm probably a few hours behind you, so my 9:00 is your midnight, or something. :/)

Shall come into his own!

one two three four five
Soriana
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thunder » 05/13/2011 10:59 PM

(It's all right xD I've been pretty busy too, and there isn't much we can do about time zones. Where do you live, anyways? I forget.)

Adey was dumbfounded when Senkar said he didn't know what candy was. She was about to open her mouth and explain, when he rushed off without listening. "Hey!" she growled, feeling a slight wave of irritation at being ignored. She ran off after him, through the trees, away from the other participants. "Where are you going?"

He was a very strange man, indeed. Although Adey wasn't sure if he was weirder than her friend Acedia. That demon lord acted like such a kid.

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate