Almost large enough to be considered a theme park while remaining free to the public, Terrace Park is rumored to have been the site of the Grand Hollowheart's defeat, leading to the Hollowhearts first accepting a pact with humans. (+2 Fame, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Terrace Park

Slot 4: Rebel & Thunder

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 05/17/2011 9:32 PM

Daishou
{ 8 -::- 37 }
Only the strongest will survive
Lead me to heaven when we die

The camouflaged colored Kuchi Nagi walked onto the green grass of Terrace Park, red and black armor glinting in the bright mid-morning sun. Eyes scanned the area, already keenly searching. They were so intent on searching, it seemed as though the brute was searching for some enemy, as if he were on the battlefield. But, this was not the case. At the moment, Daishou was waiting to meet his partner in this 'game'. He was still uncertain about playing, as he felt a little silly to be playing such a childish game, but he had made a promise to Souretsu to at least try the game, and therefore he would. There, obviously, wasn't much to the game except to find eggs. Daishou could recall going on Easter egg hunts as a child, but that seemed like such a long time ago. But, his promise was a promise, and he wasn't about to break it. Souretsu was his friend, and Daishou would keep his promise. Not only that, Daishou would not make a promise he could not keep. His mind drifting off slightly, the brute suddenly started staring off into the distance, his eye a bit hazy, clearly showing that his mind was not really here...

((Fail post is fail Dx))
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 796
Donate

Re: Slot 4: Rebel & Thunder

Postby Thunder » 05/17/2011 10:02 PM

Viktorey trekked through the grass of Terrace Park, looking rather ill-fitting among the small children running around, screaming and looking for Easter Eggs. He was supposed to find a strangely-colored Kuchi Nagi to help him with this little game. It came as a bit of a pleasant surprise to Victor when he heard that his partner would be a Kuchi Nagi, as opposed to...say... a hyperactive little kid. He had lived with Kuchi Nagis for a while, after all, and was accustomed to their ways.

He nearly walked right past the Kuchi Nagi, who blended in very well among the grass and trees. Victor had taken one step past the reptile before he stopped and took a double take. He could see his partner now. A green and brown scaled lizard with red and black armor. Strangely-colored indeed.

"Are you Daishou?" he asked, lowering his head to the Kuchi Nagi's level.

"If everyone is one, none will be afraid."

Pen~Breeders~Trades~Wishes~Rentals
Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 877
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 05/17/2011 10:23 PM

Daishou
{ 8 -::- 38 }

Daishou's mind was drawn back to his past, thinking on how he'd first met Souretsu. Their meeting, then, was one that Daishou had not been happy about. Before Souretsu, Daishou was a loner, and he was quite fine with that. Although he did well at leading squadrons, his time alone was his favored time, and he preferred that to being with another. Especially someone as hyper and active as Souretsu, but, over time, Daishou had gotten a soft spot for that Taigra. Perhaps it was the Taigra's protective nature, Daishou wasn't sure, but, there was just something about that young Taigra.

Before his thoughts could continue, Daishou was pulled out when he heard a voice and his head turned to see a large Battleheart who was speaking to him. It didn't take Daishou half-a-second to realize that this must be his partner, the one called Victor. With a nod, the brute replied, "That is me. You must be Victor. Pleased to meet you." The Kuchi Nagi dipped his head in a respectful manner, when he'd otherwise had used a handshake... but considering the size difference, Daishou figured a respectful nod would work just the same. He had to admit, he was relieved it seemed that his partner would be someone level-headed, rather than like the... hyper kids running around. Daishou could only take one Souretsu in his life.
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thunder » 05/17/2011 10:34 PM

At Daishou's bow, Viktorey proceeded to make a little bow of his own, bending his legs just a bit and dipping his head before rising up again. "Daishou. It's good to meet you." Victor had a very strong sense of courtesy, unlike some of his Battleheart breathen that he had met, and looked down upon those who did not make proper greetings. Now, he took a look around the park, blinking at the sight of children running around with small, brightly colored eggs.

"I suppose," he said, looking at Daishou, "that we're supposed to find these plastic eggs? I have never done anything like this before." Most of Viktorey's life was composed of training, finding people to fight, and fighting them. That was his definition of fun, and he certainly did not spend much time on "fun" little games like these.

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 05/17/2011 11:23 PM

Daishou
{ 8 -::- 39 }

Daishou couldn't help but allow a soft smile grace his features. To be shown a sign or respect or courtesy was highly valued to the Kuchi Nagi, and it also said a little about the one before him. Daishou had a feeling the two would get along well. In fact, it seemed there was something that they shared in likeness. The Kuchi Nagi couldn't quite place it, but he just felt comfortable around the beast. He could only imagine what Souretsu would do if he were here at the moment. Victor probably wouldn't hang around for long if that were so.

At the beast's words, Daishou's smile broadened and he nodded his head, replying, "Aye, that's how it goes." He couldn't quite believe that Victor had never done such a thing as egg hunting before, but he knew not everyone followed these customs. Daishou could only recall a very few times as a child he had done so, but only with other friends who were common with the idea. "I recall Easter egg hunting as a child. Heh, that feels like long ago. Nothing much to it, though." Daishou scanned the area quickly, and caught sight of a brightly colored egg shining a bit in the sun. Walking towards it, he continued, "Just find these oddly colored eggs and collect as many as you can." Still holding a smile, the brute stopped at the half-hidden egg in grass, bent down and picked it up. He felt a little silly at his age, hunting for easter eggs, but a promise was a promise. Standing up, the Kuchi Nagi held the egg up as if to inspect it, and proceeded to tuck it away in the pouch on his side.
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thunder » 05/18/2011 4:23 PM

Victor watched closely as Daishou scouted the area. Soon, the Kuchi Nagi had found one of the plastic eggs. "Is there some other purpose to this?" Victor asked, looking around the ground nearby for other eggs. "Aside from just searching for them, that is." His eyes caught sight of a bright green egg near his foot, and he picked it up, holding it between two of his claws. Unfortunately, he had failed to bring any sort of container for the eggs, so he moved the egg to Daishou and gestured at the bag. "It seems most of the people participating in this event are children..."

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 05/18/2011 7:23 PM

Daishou
{ 9 -::- 40 }

A purpose to the egg hunting. Now, that was certainly a question. Exactly, what was the purpose to this game? And, for what reason were they to be collecting eggs? Obviously, it had to be for some reason, but Daishou could not recall the Cuniflare who had set up this game mentioning anything about a prize or a purpose for this. "Well, for the children, I think they simply like the hunting part of it." Seeing Victor with a newly found egg gesturing to his bag, Daishou nodded his head and took the egg, placing in his pouch. "However, I haven't heard if there is a prize or not... Which is odd." They would be able to store quite a number of them there. Glancing around, Daishou could obviously see that Victor was right. Youngsters were running about excitedly, screaming and giggling and laughing. Daishou had never been that way as a child, and even now, he was still the collected individual. The brute couldn't help but chuckle lightly at the thought of them being among all these kids. "Yes, it is a child's game... But, I made a promise that I would come out here and play this game to a young friend of mine." Daishou sighed, shaking his head, thinking of that young Souretsu. The kids were starting to get very noisy and it was giving Daishou a headache. "Say, Victor. Why don't we head to the more wooded part over there? These kids are going to drive me nuts if we stick around here." Daishou pointed to a less populated area where it looked as though it were a rather thin forest. There were sure to be some eggs there.
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thunder » 05/18/2011 9:20 PM

Victor let out a quiet "mmm" as he mused about the purpose of the egg hunt. "Well, perhaps there will be some prize later," he said. "I guess we should focus on searching for now." It didn't seem like someone would participate in this childish game if there wasn't some sort of award at the end.

He nodded at Daishou's idea of heading to the more wooded area. If there were fewer children there, there would likely also be more eggs to find. And the yells and screams of the children were rather annoying. Viktorey knew that children were excitable, but he could only endure them for so long. He began making his way towards the wooded area, walking slowly enough for Daishou to keep pace with him.

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 05/18/2011 9:39 PM

Daishou
{ 9 -::- 41 }

Daishou nodded in agreement, certainly hoping that this childish work would pay off in the end. He couldn't help but wonder though, exactly what was the prize for finding these eggs. He couldn't recall Souretsu speaking of one... Nor had one been mentioned by the Cuniflare. Either way, he was in the game now, and he was going to see it through.

The smaller brute started to make his way towards the wooded area, keen eyes searching the ground for anymore eggs. Glancing to Victor, Daishou couldn't help but feel a certain difference of the massive beast from others of his kind. Most Battlehearts that Daishou had come across were not so tolerable of others. Eyes spotted another egg hidden among the grass and Daishou quickly scooped it up, tucking it away in his pouch. "I recall you saying you hadn't participated in things like this before." The Kuchi Nagi started, continuing a rather fast-paced walk to keep up with Victor, although he could tell the brute was not using his natural gait. "I don't mean to pry, but didn't you play any games as a child?" Daishou went on to add, in his respectful tone and a nod of his head, "Please don't feel obligated to speak of your past. I certainly don't wish to pry."
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thunder » 05/18/2011 10:08 PM

Viktorey took a good look around the wooded area, and saw that indeed, there seemed to be more eggs here than in the more populated areas of the park. He picked up two that he saw nearby and placed them in Daishou's pouch. The question about his past surprised him a bit, but he did not mind answering.

"It is fine," he replied, after putting the eggs in the pouch. "I played a few games, but not anything like this. I was raised by Kuchi Nagis like you." Here, he looked into Daishou's eyes and blinked. "I don't remember where I came from, but the Kuchi Nagi tribe was like family to me. I played lots of different sports with the children, games involving lots of running and exercise. Not simple little egg hunts like this. It was a sort of 'fun' way to train for battle."

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 05/18/2011 10:44 PM

Daishou
{ 9 -::- 42 }

It seemed coming here was an excellent idea. Daishou could already pick out several eggs with one glance. He guessed that younger ones were probably not to keen on venturing to these darker, less opened woods, therefore allowing for Daishou and Victor to be relatively at peace from those eager youngsters. Daishou unclipped his pouch from his armor, placing it on a rock near to them so that they could both have easy and free use of gathering eggs. He hoped he had enough room for one trip, rather than having to venture back and forth through the sea of kids.

At the mention of Victor being raised by Kuchi Nagis, Daishou froze, looking over to the beast with surprise. No wonder he felt a familiar sense around this brute. "There was some sort of familiar feeling when we met. Now I see why..." The brute thought to himself, realizing how it seemed to have a comfortable air about them. That was not often when being in the presence of a Battleheart, although not all were like the bad name they had been given. Daishou listened with great interest to the beasts story, nodding his head in understanding as the brute finished. "That's certainly amazing." Daishou had to cut his sentence short when he nearly stepped on another hiding egg. He quickly picked it up, returning to the bag to collect it, and continued, "I remember those types of games. Considering my father was a leader of troops, I was trained to follow in his footsteps. As a young child, playing games with others that honed our skills was the best way to get us started on training." Daishou couldn't help but smirk. "It feels quite strange to be playing this silly game at my age and with my rank."
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thunder » 05/19/2011 5:49 PM

Daishou seemed shocked when Victor revealed his background, which made the Battleheart feel slightly amused. That's the reaction of most others, he thought to himself. Although, other Battlehearts would just sneer... Victor believed that fighting was an art, and refused to use the dirty tricks employed by others of his kind. Thus, he was usually looked down upon by the other Battlehearts.

"Your father was a leader?" he asked Daishou, while strolling over to another egg he found. "I suppose you'd be important in your family as well, then." He picked up the egg and placed it in the pouch.

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 05/19/2011 7:34 PM

Daishou
{ 9 -::- 43 }

At the question of his father's leadership, Daishou nodded his head, replying with a "Mhmm." However at the mention of being important in his family, Daishou stopped, eyes suddenly growing cloudy with thought. Daishou had never spent much time thinking of his family, but when he did, it hit him hard. With a weak smile, the brute replied, "I suppose I used to be. They've probably long since forgotten me."

Continuing on, the Kuchi Nagi approached a tree, catching sight of a brightly colored egg in its boughs. Just how did that Cuniflare get eggs up there. Normally, he'd climb the tree, but in this case, the lowest branch was too far out of reach, and the Kuchi Nagi had left most of his gear home. Reaching to his side, he looked down to realize he had no rope with him this time. He'd have to find another way. Seeing the end of a branch bent down, the brute grabbed it, testing his weight on it, before nimbly leaping up and wrapping his legs around the branch. Quickly, he swung himself on top of the branch, using his tail to reach back and knock the eggs out of the tree. It was a good thing they were plastic! Suddenly, a couple of those youngsters came from no where, grabbing the eggs and throwing them in their basket, and running off. "Hey!" Daishou was taken by such surprise at this, he lost his balance and fell to the ground with a thud! Groaning, the brute shook his head, looking in the direction of the disappearing youngsters and grunting in annoyance.
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thunder » 05/19/2011 9:19 PM

Viktorey simply nodded at Daishou's statement, unsure of whether to push the topic further or not. Victor himself wasn't sure if his adopted family remembered him, and he still had no idea who his true parents were. He always told himself that he'd try to find the Kuchi Nagi tribe someday, and face off against their strongest warrior. But now wasn't the time for such thoughts; there were eggs to be found.

He watched as Daishou attempted to reach a plastic egg stuck on a tree branch. Now how did that get there? the Battleheart wondered to himself. He took note of the way Daishou's body moved as he navigated towards the egg. A large creature like Victor would never be able to move that swiftly, but it gave him an idea on how others would act in the scenario. Victor let out a grunt when some children ran out and stole the egg Daishou just knocked down, but he let them go, knowing that they couldn't take an egg from some children. He snorted and looked back at Daishou. "You know," he said, with a hint of laughter in his gravely voice, "you could have just let me get the egg. I'm much taller than you."

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 05/20/2011 8:48 AM

Daishou
{ 9 -::- 44 }

At first, Daishou's annoyance at the children for taking those eggs was all he was focused on, until he heard Victor's laughter as the brute spoke. Embarrassment set in, however, Daishou, being the good-hearted brute he was, smiled and laughed it off, replying, "I suppose that would have been the better way to go." Standing up, the brute dusted himself off and looked over at the disappearing kids, sighing. "Kids... I suppose they didn't see me up in the tree." Reminding himself they were just kids, Daishou couldn't stay angry, although he was still a might bit annoyed about it. "Of course, that reminded me of something Souretsu would've done." The brute added as he started to resume his search for some more eggs.
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next