Almost large enough to be considered a theme park while remaining free to the public, Terrace Park is rumored to have been the site of the Grand Hollowheart's defeat, leading to the Hollowhearts first accepting a pact with humans. (+2 Fame, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Terrace Park

Slot 6: Sori, Toxic, and HUN

Postby Soriana » 05/18/2011 2:21 AM

Alfie made her way to the main event area, tearing up the grass with her claws. She was a little more eager than usual, not having participated in something like this since her youth. The brown lucain began to introduce herself to the others in the field, hoping one or more of them would be her teammates. "Howdy! Hi! Hey there! Yer... walkin' away. Okie dokie. 'Scuse me, sir? Yeah, that's right. Yep, I--oh. Have a nice time."

Well, someone's gotta be here to help me out.

(I'm not enforcing a posting order, or anything. I think it'll be more efficient if we don't have one.)

The King beneath the mountains,
The King of carven stone,
The lord of silver fountains
Shall come into his own!

His crown shall be upholden,
His harp shall be restrung,
His halls shall echo golden
To songs of yore re-sung.

The streams shall run in gladness,
The lakes shall shine and burn,
All sorrow fail and sadness
At the Mountain-king's return!

one two three four five
Soriana
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 216
Donate

Re: Slot 6: Sori, Toxic, and HUN

Postby ToxicShadow » 05/18/2011 2:50 AM

Basket in her mouth, Margaret or Meg, as she very much preferred, crept along the edges of the crowd that had gathered for this little egg hunting event. She had heard all about from some sort of flyer and decided that she wanted to try it out for herself. Problem? She needed a partner to participate and she certainly didn't have one of any sort.

It was undeniable that she was feeling a little distressed at the amount of males that had gathered, which was her main reason for not jumping right on in. Instead, she moved in circles around everyone, until she spotted another female Lucain that seemed to have trouble finding a partner as well. Yep. That was her ticket, indeed.

Swallowing, she trotted toward her, setting the basket down at her paws in order to speak when she reached a few feet from her, "Ah, excuse me, I couldn't help but over hearing, and I happen to need a partner, as well." Her three tails swished back at forth in a friendly manner. "I'm Meg."

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2834
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 05/18/2011 3:16 AM

( Hope you don't mind if I just slip my post in >3> If you do, just bark at me, I'll remove it XD )

"What!? I have to be partnered up?" Came a shout from somewhere in the crowd.
A blue furred Lucain pushed her way through the crowd, an expression of annoyance on her face. This wasn't fair, she hadn't know that she needed a partner. Now she wasn't going to be able to join the fun. She looked around, everyone seemed to have a partner, no one left for her. She sighed, better luck next time? Her tails drooped at the thought, she was obviously disappointed that she wouldn't be able to participate.

( Sorry for the short post, it's late )

We're waiting every night
To finally roam and invite
Newcomers to play with us
For many years we've been all alone

.: ~Pen~ :.
.: ~Sales~ :.
.: ~Breeder~ :.
.: ~Imp. Doc~ :.
HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 263
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 05/18/2011 5:04 AM

Before even the chocolate-y female could respond, Meg's attention was yet again drawn, when she heard someone shout above the rest of those gathered. It sounded like a feminine voice, if she wasn't mistaken, and she soon found what she believed to be the owner of the voice. It was almost shocking to see yet another female Lucain that, apparently, wasn't having much luck with partners either. What was the world coming to these days?

She realized that she was probably being impolite, so her eyes darted back to the female that she had addressed. Maybe, if things didn't work out here, or even if they did, they could find a partner in the blue female as well?

"It seems we're not the only ones that were out of luck."

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Soriana » 05/18/2011 5:14 AM

Alfsigr hadn't needed to turn around; she was already facing in the other lucain's direction. She'd spotted her a few seconds before, but hadn't gotten a good look at her until she approached.

Wowza.

Alfie started to perspire, and crossed her tails nervously. Darn yer wretched eyes, don't stare! I sure hope they ain't wide. I already look like an ol' fool, I just know it. Where're yer manners? And why're you still thinkin'? Yer gonna let her walk away!

She instinctively reached a paw to her head to remove the hat she assumed she must be wearing, and then remembered that she had four legs and a pair of grotesquely large ears attached to her noggin at present. She drew her paw back to the ground, and opened her mouth. How she slid past the beginning of the conversation without mumbling, the world may never know.

"This here is Alfsigr, sometimes Alf, other times Alf the Elf, any combination o' words thereof involvin' the word 'elf,' simply 'You' or 'Hey you,' et cet'ra, et cet'ra... but Alfie'll do just fine. Origin of the name's Norse--think I'm pronouncin' that right--and it wouldn't surprise me if it had somethin' to do with elves. How d'you do?"

And just when Alfie thought she'd hit it off, Meg was already lookin' in a different direction. 'Nother gal havin' some social woes. Well, she ought to be able to fix that. "You get all that?" she addressed the blue female. "You know... the intro? Never mind. Get yerself over here; the more the merrier!"

"I dunno if it's luck so much as the right combination of folks. Personally, if it's luck, I think we came out on top. Heavenly bodies aligned, 'n all that. Us three amigos 'r bound to have a heck of a time, and I'm rarin' to go."

(Er... why would I bark at you? x3)

Shall come into his own!

one two three four five
Soriana
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 05/18/2011 5:47 AM

'She has beautiful eyes,' she found herself thinking as the other female stared her down, not otherwise concerned by the fact she was being stared at. Heck, it gave her a good chance to make eye contact. Without a doubt, she was certainly an eye type of gal.

Meg chuckled in warm amusement after the other female spoke, actually finding Alfie's chatterbox-like quality to be endearing. Random facts were always fun. "Pleasure to make your acquaintance, Alfie." She heaved a soft sigh of relief with the realization that she must have found herself a partner in all the mess. She was much more at ease now that she had company.

"I guess it'll be the three of us?" Her question came with a slight tilt of her head, looking between Alfie and the blue female. "Yanno, my name is actually Margaret, though I have no idea where it originated from. I don't much like it, never really have, so I've always gone by Meg."

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 05/18/2011 1:44 PM

Did that brown Lucain just tell her to join them? She looked over at the two females that seemed to be having a conversation. Looking at the rest of the crowd, she wondered if she might have just heard things? Rolling her eyes, she decided to just walk over and see if they had called her. What the heck? If they didn't then it was no fur off her nose.
"Hi!" She shouted, a little out of breath as her heart pounded with anxiety. "Did you call me?"
She tilted her head and sat down, trying to calm herself. She wasn't much for just jumping at new people, she'd rather slowly approach someone. But in this situation she had to just jump head first and hope that nothing would go wrong.

HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 263
Donate

Postby Soriana » 05/18/2011 9:29 PM

"Pleasure's all mine, ma'am." Her smile was, predictably, rather sheepish, yet unequivocally endearing.

Alfie turned to the other female who'd just sat down next to her, that sheepish smile turning sly by the second. "Naw, I just yelled over yonder ta look like an idiot. Of course I called you, camarada! Welcome to the pack."

"Margaret. That so? 'S real purty, if'n you don't mind my sayin'. Never was too attached to Alfsigr; thought it was ridiculous fer the first half of m' life, 'n' now 'm under the impression 's too fancy for a gal like m'self. But if Meg'll do, so'll Alfie." she said, winking at the green-furred female.

She sniffed the air. "Well, I ain't plannin' on sittin' here burnin' daylight fer much longer! We all know what do, where to go, 'n' hi-dee-ho, right?"

Shall come into his own!

one two three four five
Soriana
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 05/18/2011 10:42 PM

"Why, thank you. I find your name interesting," Meg replied. "Never heard of anything like it before." Alfie certainly had a whole lot of character to her and, compared, Meg felt a little plain. Her self esteem wasn't always the highest, and that could have gone back to a whole lot of different reasons that she didn't want to get into.

"The more the merrier. After all, three heads are better than one or even two," she added, eying the blue female while a friendly smile slipped onto her maw. "In case you missed introductions, I'm Meg, and this here is Alfie." As she spoke, she gestured with her paw.

Looking around, she saw that some of the pairs and small groups had already dispersed to start hunting for eggs. There was a whole lot of places to look in the unkempt area of the park. "Do you think we need some kind of strategy? Should we split up or stick together?" From what she could tell, she was the only one of the trio to bring a basket along with them.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 05/19/2011 12:23 AM

"Oh, well I wasn't sure..." She said shyly to the brown Lucain known as Alfie. "You could have been talking to someone else."
She stood up straight, trying not to seem shy, though it probably stuck out like a sore thumb.
"I'm Vale, nice to meet you." She smiled.
Even her smile was in a shy manner, she had to calm herself.
"Uh, maybe we should just stay together? Six pairs of eyes looking together will spot eggs better?" She suggested, knowing they probably wouldn't consider it.
She gave a light nervous chuckle. They probably think I'm a nervous wreck. She thought, scratching the back of her neck.

HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items