Almost large enough to be considered a theme park while remaining free to the public, Terrace Park is rumored to have been the site of the Grand Hollowheart's defeat, leading to the Hollowhearts first accepting a pact with humans. (+2 Fame, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Terrace Park

Re: Slot #5 Jackie125 & kabuto_rocks

Postby kabuto_rocks » 05/21/2011 5:31 AM

"Thanks!" She smiled down before turning her full attention to climbing the tree. Going at a reasonable but safe pace, she began clawing her way up. Fortunately it wasn't very tall. It took her a few minutes but finally she had reached the top. Scrambling up to sit on one of the larger branches, she waved down to Claw.

"I think there's a nest up here. I'll check it out." Sure enough, searching among the leaves she found a tiny bird's nest. There were four eggs inside-three were plain white and obviously contained baby birds. The other one was a bright orange colour. Taking care not to disturb the others, she scooped it out slowly. Hopefully the mother bird wouldn't return at this point. She didn't fancy trying to explain herself whilst plummeting rapidly to the ground.

{Posts: 2/5, 27, L5}
kabuto_rocks
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 217
Donate

Postby jackie125 » 05/21/2011 5:43 AM

L~6 P~28

Claw looked up, the sun glaring in his eyes so he had to turn away, he moves over. So the tree blocked the sun from his view. He saw that she had successfully reached the branch with the nest. She waved down to Claw, and continued searching the branch.

Claw now more relaxed, was sitting near the bottom of the tree. "Hey, Vol? Did you find anything?" He sat waiting for a sign of her to start climbing down. All he could do was hope that she didn't fall. If she did fall, he would be there to catch her or help.
jackie125
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 47
Donate

Postby kabuto_rocks » 05/21/2011 6:33 AM

"Yep! I got an egg." She called down-then immediately wished she hadn't. Because in calling down she had looked down. Suddenly the ground seemed really far away.

Shaking her head, she instead tried to focus on the egg. Hmm...she couldn't very well climb down whilst holding it. Dragging it wasn't very easy either considering how round and liable to roll away it was. But, perhaps if she tossed it down first. It looked pretty sturdy. She couldn't imagine an easter egg would just break like that.

"Hey Claw? I'm going to toss this egg down okay? If it doesn't hit the leaves well...catch it." Here goes nothing. Wincing in anticipation, she gently picked up the egg and leaned over as far as she dared, dangling it over the leaf pile. When she felt her grip on the tree slipping she quickly let go, watching it plummet worryingly quickly. With the egg dropped, it was time to come down herself. Fortunately this was far easier than getting up. A quick claw-slide down and she was at the bottom, grinning triumphantly at her partner.

"Piece of cake. Is the egg okay?"

{Posts: 3/5, 28, L5}
kabuto_rocks
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jackie125 » 05/21/2011 9:18 AM

L~6 P~29

Claw caught the pretty orange egg as it dropped to him. Vol asked him if it was okay. "Yes, the egg in fine Vol.", he hollered back up the tree. When she looked down, Claw saw that she was a little scared, but then she slid down the tree without any problems. Once she was settled on the ground Claw asked, "Where do you want to search now. We don't have much time left." He looked around for a place to hunt, but came up blank. "You can pick where we go."
jackie125
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby kabuto_rocks » 05/21/2011 11:29 AM

"Good, good," She beamed, "Nice catch." Stretching a little, she surveyed the park. Hmm, choosing a good place was kinda difficult. After all, she wanted to pick the best place possible. Her gaze fell upon a pretty pond, surrounded by a few flowers and various reeds. Her nose wrinkled slightly. She hated water. Still, any eggs in those reeds would be well hidden.

"How about the pond?" She gestured, getting back to her feet. As long as she kept away from the water itself she would be fine. Besides, the Werecain could probably swim. Right?

{Posts: 4/5, 29, L5}
kabuto_rocks
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jackie125 » 05/21/2011 1:19 PM

L~7 P~30

"Sure the pond looks like a great place to find some Easter eggs." Claw was a bit dissapointed that he hadn't seen the pond, but at least Vol found it before another team. As he was walking to the pond he decided that he would search the left side of the pond. It wasn't too big, so it shouldn't be too hard to search. The only thing would be if there was deep water. The chance of a pond that size being very deep wasn't very good though. At least he could swim. "Come on, lets go over to the pond!"
jackie125
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby kabuto_rocks » 05/21/2011 3:15 PM

Trotting alongside her new friend, Vol wondered how they must appear to other people. Probably quite an odd pairing-after all, canines and felines weren't usually the best of friends. But she actually liked this Werecain quite a lot. Considering she found most people tiresome after a while, it was a refreshing change.

"Sure." Spotting Claw heading for the left, she decided it would probably be best if she took the right. Once they reached it she began digging through the reeds furthest away from the water first. They were quite tough but her sharp claws seemed to do the trick. She began sawing through a group of them, her teeth clenched in concentration.

{Posts: 5/5, 30, L6}
kabuto_rocks
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jackie125 » 05/21/2011 3:58 PM

L~7 P~31

Claw saw Vol using her sharp claws to saw through the grass. The technique was much easier then trying to pull out each piece. With each swipe of his paws the reeds were getting thinner and thinner. A small bird's nest was tucked into the reeds. Before continuing he bent down to see what was in it. Two eggs, one a mottled brown and the other an unnatural pink color. Claw stooped to pick up the pink egg, put it in his bag and proceded to tell Vol:"I found one, Vol."
jackie125
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby kabuto_rocks » 05/22/2011 5:38 AM

"Excellent!" She purred, "I'll just finish checking this side." When she'd cleared all of the reeds, she was disappointed to see nothing but dampened mud. She was about to report her findings to Claw when she suddenly felt something hard beneath her paw. Drawing back, she looked down to see a strange lump poking out of the mud.

"Hang on...I might have another one here." Ignoring how sticky the mud was (it would be hell to get out of her fur later) she began scooping it up, the clumps sticking to her claws. Finally she saw a gleam of yellow. A pretty yellow and green egg had been hidden under the dirt. It was somewhat marred by the mud, but Vol was certain it wouldn't really matter. Pulling it out with a loud plop, she presented it to Claw.

"Voila!"

{Posts: 1/5, 31, L6}
kabuto_rocks
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jackie125 » 05/22/2011 6:48 AM

L~7 P~32

"Okay good."Claw went through his bag to check how many eggs they had found. In the bag in all they had found eight eggs. "Vol, including that one," Claw pointed with a claw to the egg she had, "we have eight eggs. I think we might find some more over by the trees. Do you want to go over to look? It couldn't hurt." Claw carefully put all the eggs back into hid bag, and started to walk over. "I'm going to head over. You can come over when you finish here. 'Kay?"
Claw was heading towards the trees, when he saw something reflecting the sun into his eyes. He walked over and found a metallic silver egg. "I found one!"
jackie125
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby kabuto_rocks » 05/22/2011 11:23 AM

Eight? Not too shabby. If only her owner or some of the other pets from her pen were here so she could gloat accordingly. Oh well, she'd brag about it later. Obviously with a few added embellishments to make it seem more dangerous.

"The trees seem a good place." She agreed with a nod. While Claw headed over there, she took once last glance around the pond. Better quit while she was ahead, and still dry. Scurrying after him, she caught up just in time to see the silver egg.

"Great job!" She beamed brightly, "I'll go check under those trunks I think."

{Posts: 2/5, 32, L6}
kabuto_rocks
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jackie125 » 05/22/2011 11:57 AM

L~7 P~33

Claw was going to check in the trees where there was pockets, while Vol checked under the roots. Like where two big branches meet in the middle. He climbed up a bit so he was about five or so feet off the ground. He figured most of the eggs wouldn't be any higher than this. He checked the pockets in the tree he had climbed. Nope. He leaped over to another tree, but his one was just straight  nowhere to hide an egg. The next tree had an large bunch where four or so branches meet. In the middle of it all there was a large grey and blue egg. "I just found our tenth egg!!"
jackie125
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby kabuto_rocks » 05/22/2011 2:58 PM

Striding over, Vol glanced between two trees. Which one should she check first? She went to the left one, purely because it seemed more unconventional and so in her eyes that made it all the more likely to hide an egg. She strolled round the trunk of the tree, checking under each root in the hopes of spying something. Nope. Nothing. Not so much as an insect.

She was starting to feel disappointed until she reached the right tree. About halfway through her walkround, she spotted a tiny glimmer. On closer inspect she found a bright red egg, a colour which would have stood out almost anywhere else in the park but blended quite nicely with the brown roots.

"And I have number eleven!" She called back, filled with glee. Who knew running round a park could be this much fun?

{Posts: 3/5, 33, L6}
kabuto_rocks
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jackie125 » 05/22/2011 3:37 PM

L~7 P~34

"Good job Vol." Claw slid down the remainder of the tree."Its getting late. Do you think we should start heading back towards the Cuniflare? We can still look for eggs on the way. I just thought it would be good not to be late giving our eggs back. And besides, there isn't much time left to hunt." He pulled out the eggs he had to show Vol, and collected the ones she had found. "We can still look for eggs when we're heading back."
jackie125
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby kabuto_rocks » 05/23/2011 6:51 AM

"Yeah, I suppose you're right," She glanced up at the sky, noting that it was later than she expected, "Erm...I don't really know the way though." Her short term memory was somewhat flawed. She was good at remembering things, when she could be bothered. Unfortunately for whatever reason she hadn't deemed her initial location as 'important'.

It was disappointing to be heading back, but they had a good haul and she had certainly enjoyed herself. Hopefully they could pick up a few more on their way back. It just struck her that she had no real idea what these eggs were for. How bizarre! She'd just been collecting them aimlessly.

"I don't suppose you have any idea why we were collecting them? Except for fun I guess."

{Posts: 4/5, 34, L6}
kabuto_rocks
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous