Almost large enough to be considered a theme park while remaining free to the public, Terrace Park is rumored to have been the site of the Grand Hollowheart's defeat, leading to the Hollowhearts first accepting a pact with humans. (+2 Fame, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Terrace Park

Finding a Friend {Self}

Postby jobiehanna » 06/25/2011 10:51 PM

Terrace Park was a nice place to take a walk, right? Derek wasn't sure, as he was hardly ever out anymore. He was too busy wallowing in self-pitty and being depressed to think about going out. He was still nursing his latest broken heart, though it had been nearly a year ago now. It had hurt him so much when he found out that she was cheating on him and spreading his secrets. Therapy had helped a little, but... putting his heart back together was always hard for him. Yeah, he had experience in the matter, but, it still hurt.
Upon waking this morning, there was a note on the counter that told him, 'You need to get out of this cavern and live a little, sweety.' He knew exactly who it was from too, Rhea, the young hyrdokuhna at his place of residence. She was always so motherly to everyone, especially since she had her litter. Derek understood her concern, but he really didn't want to leave. He wanted to mope a little more. But, he had obeyed the small kuhna. After all, mother knows best. And she was like a mother to him recently. She listened to him and never asked him to speak about what he didn't want to. He loved her, like a child loves his mother. It wasn't romantic in the least. He just enjoyed the young woman's company. And he was glad that her husband understood Derek's need for a mother figure. Especially after all he'd gone through...
The lucain continued to walk through the park with a sad expression on his face. It was depressing to see all the couples walking around the park at this time of day. He sighed, and continued to walk, keeping his eyes on the path beneath his feet.

And I was runnin' far away
Would I run off the world someday?
Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and
I was dancing in the rain
I felt alive and I can't complain

Sale Breed Thoughts Wishes Records Home
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4169
Donate

Re: Finding a Friend {Self}

Postby jobiehanna » 06/25/2011 11:00 PM

Liwet found herself in Terrace Park for once. She usually trained in more dangerous places like the Tengel or the swamp, but she wanted to take somewhat of a break today. She had been working very hard, after all. She jogged threw the park now, watching the scenery for people that might want to cause her harm. As she watched, however, she saw a very, very sad looking guy walking her way. He looked so sad, she wanted to cheer him up. It was an odd feeling for her, as she never wanted to make anyone happy. But she figured she could try so cheer this lucain up a little.
So, the dhampir slowed her pace so that she was walking toward him instead of running. Her breathing evened and she put on a happy face. As he got closer, Liwet slowed even further, and then panicked. What was she supposed to do to cheer this guy up anyway? She looked to her feet for a suggestion, though they weren't much help. What was she thinking? He was a complete stranger, and she had no idea what he was like.
Liwet was about to turn altogether and turn off, but she was suddenly face to face with the stranger. Neither of them had been watching where they went, so here they were, in a rather awkward situation. Liwet was as quiet as ever as she stared into the male lucain's bright blue eyes. She could see the sadness and surprise she ahd just caused him.
She backed up ever so slightly and giggled. "Sorry, I didn't see you there, too busy watching my feet I guess," she said with a rather bubbly and shy tone. Well, here was her conversation starter.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 06/25/2011 11:05 PM

Derek was so embarrassed! He had been too busy not paying attention to notice the pretty lucain walking his way. The sight of her chocolate brown eyes and pretty features so close to his own made his heart race. What was wrong with him? She was just another girl, and probably another heart breaker to. But when she spoke, Derek couldn't help but smile.
He flashed her a shy smile. "I guess I was preoccupied with my own feet as well," he said. He wigged his toes and chuckled. He couldn't help but be happy around female company sometimes, even if they all broke his heart to pieces in the end.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 06/25/2011 11:13 PM

Liwet smiled back at this stranger. Her plan had worked, and, this guy was kinda cute when he smiled. She wiggled her toes as well, giggling in the process. "Toes are fascinating, aren't they?" She asked coyly. She looked up from their paws to look at the other more fully. The light colored mask around his face made him seem mysterious, but sad at the same time.
"Well, I'm Liwet," she said happily, looking back into the others blue eyes. They were gorgeous, she could feel herself developing a crush at this moment. Why? She had no idea. She had barely met the guy, she didn't even know his name, and she liked him. Just like a school-girl again, though, as a school-girl, she never, ever spoke to any of her crushes, she was far too busy training for the perfect body and defenses for that.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 06/27/2011 8:42 PM

Derek smiled yet again. What was his problem? Girls were bad news, but... they were always so nice in the beginning. "I'm Derek," he said with a small bow and another smile. He watched the female, and decided that she was rather pretty. Perhaps he was just addicted to the companionship he always felt when around females. It was nice that this Liwet character was speaking to him, and Derek appreciated the thought.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 09/05/2011 9:22 PM

Liwet smiled once more. So, Derek was his name. He looked like he was a Derek, come to think of it. With his light blue eyes and pelt, yes, definitely a Derek. She wondered if his parents had named him that because it was a family name or because he just looked like a Derek. A handsome Derek, at that. She mentally kicked herself for that train of thought. She just wanted to make this guy appear happier, not get into him and ask family questions. "So, what brought you to the park today?" She asked this question instead, hoping to distract herself.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 09/12/2011 8:26 PM

Derek looked down at his feet again at her question. He would really not like to go into that with a perfect stranger. Well, she wasn't a perfect stranger, but he had just met her and he really didn't want to put his heart out on the line again. "Well, I've come to get away from daily life," he said a little hesitantly. It wasn't exactly a lie, but it wasn't the full truth either. The male lucain looked back up at the other after a few more seconds of hesitation. He knew she could tell he wasn't telling the full truth, but he wasn't ready to delve into the details of his life with this lady, no matter how pretty she was and how caring she seemed. Women could be deceiving, especially with him around.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 09/12/2011 9:43 PM

Liwet immediately noticed Derek's hesitation, but didn't want to intrude. She diverted her gaze as well. When she looked back up he was looking at her once more. She opened her mouth to ask about his hesitation, despite her better judgement, but the words didn't come out. She closed her mouth once more and continued to look at him and his icy blue eyes. She was taken by those eyes; her gaze was stuck. She swallowed her mouth dry, before she gained her composure. "I, uh... sorry," she said quietly and looked away. "You've just got such beautiful eyes."

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 09/13/2011 9:42 AM

As Liwet looked into Derek's eyes, Derek felt feelings inside him that he just wanted to push out of his life forever. Her deep brown eyes reminded him of chocolate and their fierce innocence made him want to take her into his arms... but he couldn't do that. Women were dangerous, no matter how appealing their eyes were. When Liwet broke the contact Derek felt as if she had taken a part of him with her, but he didn't really know what to say. "I, uh, thank you," he said nervously. "You have nice eyes too." He mentally slapped himself for that last part. He didn't want to be complimenting her, because he knew how a girl's mind worked, sometimes. They tended to take compliments and harbor them away, thinking the guy likes her. But... he couldn't help but return the compliment.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items