Almost large enough to be considered a theme park while remaining free to the public, Terrace Park is rumored to have been the site of the Grand Hollowheart's defeat, leading to the Hollowhearts first accepting a pact with humans. (+2 Fame, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Terrace Park

I Am What I Am...For Now. (Millie and I)

Postby Jessari » 09/26/2011 11:14 PM

Terrace Park, it seemed, was nearly as popular after dark as it was during the day, although the nature and species of its visitors had changed. As Emma followed Boo along the path that led to the lake, her Moroi eyes caught glimpses of the supernatural in the shadows: a gnarled dryad crouching in the branches of the aged apple tree, the quick brightness that could've been a firefly had it not been for the childlike laughter of the fairy as it passed.

Each small motion drew a quiet gasp from Emma. She quickened her steps to keep pace with Boo, who, Emma noted enviously, seemed as calm and self-assured as if they were taking a noon-time stroll. Her own heart fluttered with the furious cadence of a startled rabbit's, as if she'd run the entire distance from the apartment to the park.

"I can take you back to the van, if you wish," the Damphir offered, tilting her head to regard Emma with eyes that burned a brilliant shade of turquoise. Emma shook her head, moonlight illuminating wisps of blue hair as it swirled about her face. The offer was tempting. Although she was nocturnal, the night held many dangers for her as a Moroi. The scent of her blood drew the soulless Strigoi like beggars to a bakery, and since the park hadn't been warded to keep them out, the two women had no guarantee that their mission wouldn't be interrupted by a Strigoi looking for a midnight snack. Boo was more than capable of taking on any attackers, but that knowledge didn't lessen the fear that filled her lungs and made taking a full breath impossible.

Only one thing kept Emma from turning tail and running like the frightened child she felt herself to be: Petrov. The Pack's beloved lunatic was fading fast, thanks to the virus he'd been injected with. After the promise of an antidote had proved to be a lie, the Pack had begun investigating other options. As precious time passed, relying on the doctors to find a solution was beginning to look more and more like a fool's hope. The original creator of the virus was dead, murdered by the Strigoi who'd injected Petrov. Every path they'd pursued had been cut short by one complication after another.

Then they'd stumbled across a rumor about another family of vampires in town, vampires who were neither Strigoi nor Moroi. These vampires, it was said, were able to change others into vampires as well, much like the stories human children told to keep each other up late at night. If they could find one, they were told, it might be possible to persuade him or her to change Petrov. It wouldn't be pleasant, but it would save his life.

After a bit of detective work, during which more time passed like priceless diamonds dropped into a well, the Pack came up with a name: Rai Varro. They were also given a list of places he was likely to be spotted. They'd begun their hunt tonight, Zeke and Bosco club-hopping and Emma and Boo patrolling the park.

It was a desperate venture, and Emma found herself distracted from her fears of Strigoi by thoughts of Petrov. He'd been so weak when they'd left; what if he died before they could bring him help? What if she would never see him alive again? As they approached the lake, Emma entwined her fingers with Boo's for reassurance. How she wished she had Boo's level head!

The lake shimmered, transformed into a silvery mirror by the moonlight, and had she not been worrying about other things, Emma would've found it beautiful. Instead, her eyes traveled the banks, searching for the dark figure of the man she hoped would save Petrov. "There," Boo murmured, extending a hand to point towards a gazebo that stood on a small hill near the lake. Shadows shifted within its bounds, and as the two women drew closer, Emma realized this was no traditional couple taking advantage of the romantic view. From the sound of it, there were at least three people in there, and they weren't sharing campfire stories either.

When they reached the gazebo, Emma paused just outside, embarrassed by the knowledge of what they were intruding on. Boo apparently had no such qualms, striding into the small, open structure and putting her hands on her hips. Looking rather intimidating in a black tank top and cameo pants, she surveyed the scene with a lofted eyebrow. "Excuse me for interrupting," she said in a firm voice that indicated she didn't really regret doing any such thing, "but I need to speak with you. Now." Her voice was directed at the only male in attendance, the one who fit their description of Rai to the letter.
Feed me chicky nuggies and chokky milk.

This is the way...

Jessari
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 673
Donate

Re: I Am What I Am...For Now. (Millie and I)

Postby MillietheWarrior » 09/27/2011 12:24 AM

A night out with a lovely lady was just what the doctor ordered. Having a night out with two lovely ladies was a step right up into awesome territory. Rai couldn’t honestly say this was his first time spending the night with two women at once. And he honestly couldn’t say he remembered either of their names. He didn’t care what they were called, as long as they were female, and willing. And both were most certainly that. “Ladies,” he purred, an arm wrapped around the shoulders of each immortal female vampire, who tittered stupidly and clung to him like a second skin. Rai wasn’t complaining, that was for damn sure. “What say we take this somewhere more private?” And what place was more private than an unlit gazebo in the middle of a deserted park, right?

The three vampires strolled pleasantly through the night, making their way to their intended spot with only a small amount of distraction in the form of kissing, hugging and even a bit of groping (and not even on Rai’s part, at that). As they stumbled up the dark steps, Rai found that the women certainly weren’t shy, and they were most definitely responsive. “Ladies, there’s enough of me to go around, really,” he rasped, his voice husky with desire as they pushed him onto one of the benches in the gazebo. One of them straddled his lap, while the other curled up beside him, and Rai was very quickly shed of his shirt. The cool night air danced across his scarred torso, and the women’s dark red lipsticks left marks along his neck and cheeks. He stretched his head to the side, baring his neck to their hungry gaze, when the hair on the back of Rai’s head stiffened, and his body froze as the faint breeze swept through the open gazebo patio.

His gaze snapped up to stare around the female blocking his vision, and a low growl rumbled in his chest. The woman sitting on top of him whimpered faintly, and tried to tug his head back down for another kiss, while the second woman tugged at his arms, but Rai studiously ignored them. God damn it all to hell. Every flippin’ time I get a moment to myself, some idiot has to come along and ruin it. What did I do to deserve this? Rai carefully placed his hands on the hips of the woman sitting on top of him, the low growl rising in crescendo until the two female vampires froze instinctually, carefully lowering their gazes and averting their eyes from the more powerful, dominant male. Even as the two figures loomed in the darkness, Rai’s eyes had begun to bleed a furious, angry red, and he glared up at the two females who stepped into the gazebo. All at once, his eyes flashed back to blue, and a smirk curled across his lips as he bared them a fanged smile.

“Sweetheart,” he purred, his gaze roving up and down the camo clad woman’s body, and then levering on the smaller female behind her. “I think you’re a little lost. This here is a private party. So make like the trees and leave. I’m not in the mood for a foursome; two is about all I can handle.” He paused, and then considered, his smile turning wicked and his eyes flashing red. “Although you do smell rather good. I don’t like to tangle with people who aren’t my kind. So, you know-” He made a waving motion with his hand, and shrugged one broad shoulder, pulling the woman beside him over with one arm until she was practically draped across his chest. The female vampire shot the two women a disgusted look, arching one delicate blonde eyebrow, and the first female vampire didn’t seem concerned with them at all, and was intently studying Rai’s neck with her lips. “-shoo.”

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby Jessari » 09/27/2011 10:00 PM

Emma gripped the gazebo's railing, her tensed knuckles nearly as white as the paint beneath her fingers. Their sources had said this type of vampire retained their souls, and she'd foolishly hoped... But what she'd neglected to realize was that having a soul didn't necessarily mean one would act in a civilized manner. Rai Varro was having no problem driving that point home. The fear Emma felt right now, watching as his hungry eyes were doused in red, was no less potent than what she'd experienced upon each encounter with Strigoi, and yet she couldn't look away. She was frozen in place, quivering prey caught in the predator's glare.

Boo shifted to stand between her and the vampire trio, breaking the line of contact. Emma dropped her eyes to the floor, consciously attempting to slow her breathing and quell the panic beating against her breast. "You'd be surprised how close our kind is to yours," Boo said conversationally, a small smile stealing across her lips. Her eyes remained steely, however, locked onto Rai's own as if his companions were no more than ill-trained puppies that didn't merit her concern. "But we're not here to 'tangle' with you, as you so delicately put it. We're here to ask a favor, and you'll find it hard to get rid of us unless you hear us out first."

The Dhampir crossed her arms and tilted her head a few degrees, looking both stubborn and mildly amused. "I'm sure you have much more interesting things to do with your night than trying to convince us to leave you alone, so why not send your 'pets' on a walk around the lake while we talk?"

Emma, still shielded from the vampires' view by her friend's body, observed the set of Boo's shoulders. She had no doubt her friend had every intention of sticking around all night if that's what it took to secure Petrov's safety. From the look of the vampire male lounging on the opposite bench, however, she wasn't quite so sure they could trust him not to drain Petrov dry out of spite.
Feed me chicky nuggies and chokky milk.

This is the way...

Jessari
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 673
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 10/21/2011 1:08 AM

Rai certainly didn’t seem impressed with either of the interloping females. In fact, if he could’ve wished them to the other side of the world at that point, he definitely would have. Why did he always get the crazies? The ones who wanted to ‘talk’ to him, and always ended up either asking him for a favor, try to punch him in the face, or make out with him in a back room. Okay, so the last one was pretty sweet, but the other two didn’t sit well on the ‘good scale’ with Rai. He noted Emma’s shaking, saw her form frozen when his gaze traveled to and locked onto her.

Pathetic. These women weren’t humans, but they weren’t vampires, and he knew at least one of them was faint of heart when it came to dealing with his kind. “Think what you want, sweetie,” Rai said, turning his crimson gaze onto Boo and holding it steady. The two women twined around him were trembling with anger at the insults being hurled their way, but they made absolutely no move towards the women; they knew better than to interfere with Rai’s business.

“Listen, lady. I don’t really know who you think you are, or what you think you are, but I don’t have time for people who barge into my personal life and demand I ‘come with them’ like some fucked up version of the Matrix. And I sure as hell don’t do favors for people I don’t know and don’t like. In fact, let’s just stay safe and say I don’t do favors. Period.” He flashed them a fanged smile, his eyes darkening even further, before he leaned forward and sank his teeth into the neck of the woman in front of him.

She gasped quietly, arching against him as he took a long, slow pull of blood, and then withdrew. He licked his lips, his eyes riveted on the two invaders the entire time, and smirked. “I sure as hell do have more interesting things to do. So shove a rusty pitchfork in your ‘favor’ and hit the road. Or you can stay and watch. That might be pretty hot. Either way, I don’t really care.”

(I apologize for Rai and his mouth. He’s just…he’s Rai. I can’t explain it any better. XD)

Last bumped by MillietheWarrior on 10/21/2011 1:08 AM.

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate