Almost large enough to be considered a theme park while remaining free to the public, Terrace Park is rumored to have been the site of the Grand Hollowheart's defeat, leading to the Hollowhearts first accepting a pact with humans. (+2 Fame, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Terrace Park

[OPEN] A Beautiful Day for Ice Skating

Postby SpringsSong » 12/02/2011 10:46 AM

(This lovely lady IS seeking a lifemate... so keep that in mind~)

Freewind drew in a deep breath as she looked out over the lake, which was covered with ice.  It felt like it had been too long since she had skated; in reality, though, it had only been about a week since she and her team had last met for a practice, even though they did not need to meet at this time (or so their coach said).

You're not a figure skating team; you're a long track speed skating team, the coach had said.  Here's the only part of the deal that's important:  Trimbasi starts the relay off, followed by Hamac, who can take back the lead if we've lost it, and then Tauni can hold us steady through the third round, and then Freewind finishes the relay strong, like she always does.  And there's no need to practice what you guys already do so spectacularly.

Freewind, however, always thought otherwise.

To her, it wasn't a matter of who should run what position in the relay (or who held the position of the opening and closing skaters), it was about remaining in top form--and remaining in top form meant practicing.

Today, however, the Fairy Paragon was out here simply to have fun.

[1.2]
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5883
Donate

Re: [OPEN] A Beautiful Day for Ice Skating

Postby Artemis » 12/04/2011 8:24 PM

Ouran stood looking out over the frozen pond. His skates made him unsteady on his feet, and he wobbled as he slowly slid onto the ice. At first his skating was slow and unsure, but it gradually grew steadier and smoother, and soon he was skating with full grace and speed. He was smiling from ear to ear, proud of himself. he did not usually find his pace so quickly.
Zoo Pen
Because who I am
Isn't who I used to be
And I'm not invincible
I'm not indestructible
I'm only human
Can't you see
The beauty in me
Artemis
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 18
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 12/05/2011 11:02 AM

A few spins and twirls here and there would indicate to anyone else watching that Freewind was more than just a racing skater.  Her form, near flawless, would seem to indicate some past experience with figure skating--something that Freewind would neither admit to if it were true, nor claim to be if it weren't.  However, she was rather skilled at figure skating--that would have been her fallback, had the long track team not taken her.

The Paragon, however, was desperately trying not to "show off" here; there were several people, she could tell, that had never set foot on the ice before, and the last thing she wanted to do was discourage them before they could discover the fun behind ice skating.

[1.4]
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5883
Donate

Postby Artemis » 12/05/2011 6:56 PM

Ourán noticed a Paragon across the ice, doing a few spins and twirls. Her form seemed so flawless, and her grace was delightful. Paragons had a much sleeker form than the Tali, who were bulky, muscular creatures. Ourán felt the urge to skate over to the young woman and compliment her, but her felt he would end up saying something unintelligent.
Zoo Pen
Because who I am
Isn't who I used to be
And I'm not invincible
I'm not indestructible
I'm only human
Can't you see
The beauty in me
Artemis
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items