Almost large enough to be considered a theme park while remaining free to the public, Terrace Park is rumored to have been the site of the Grand Hollowheart's defeat, leading to the Hollowhearts first accepting a pact with humans. (+2 Fame, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Terrace Park

.: A Christmas Play :. (Open)

Postby Firetra » 12/09/2011 7:24 PM

Mendenhall over saw a large crane and a handful of workers as it lowered a roof on top of his now complete stage. "Perfect!" He said to the manager. "Thank you sir." The man just saluted and walked away. Mendenhall stood there, admiring his new stage, the place that he was going to perform a Christmas special. *Sigh*
  Mendenhall slowly turned around and walked a few places to his table that he had set up. He had not gotten a cast yet of people to perform in this play. Heck he was only halfway done with his script and he necessarily didn't know how to get people to join him in his play. He just set up a desk in front of the stage with a sign that said:
"Christmas Special"
"Written by Mendenhall"
"Looking For Actors"

And so far he has gotten nothing to show for it. For now all he could do was wait for people to come and join him.

Because I could not stop for Death,
He kindly stopped for me;
The carriage held but ourselves
And Immortality

- Emily Dickinson

Firetra
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2631
Donate

Re: .: A Christmas Play :. (Open)

Postby Freezair » 12/09/2011 10:37 PM

((Yay--a Christmas RP I can actually participate in, because I'm not hosting it! :P))

Gadda didn't usually venture above-ground unless it was for trade deals, but he tended to make an exception to his subterranean ways around Christmas time. Nobody in the caves--especially the neutral, mostly uninhabited ground where he worked--tended to decorate much for Christmas, and you certainly didn't get snow down there. He had to admit a fondness for lots of flashing, multicolored lights. They were quite hypnotic.

Terrance Park always decorated well for the holidays, and he generally made a habit of stopping there. This particular place, however, was new. He looked up and down the stage--it looked quite new--and cast his eyes around for an explanation. His eyes fell across a piece of paper, and he flitted over to it.

"Christmas special? Groovy two-shoes, man." He looked down the rest of it. "Actors? Cool, cool. HEY!" He called out across the cold park. "Is whatever cat's in charge of this still lookin' for actors? Sounds like a sweet way to spend an evening, man."

[1]

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby Firetra » 12/12/2011 10:57 PM

Mendenhall saw the creature stroll up and ask for a spot in the play. He heard what he the person had to say and then responded. "Ummm sure, okay!" He said, because frankly he didn't have many parts that he had thought up of yet and he was trying to think of one REALLY quickly. "Ummm what part would you want to be?" He asked in kind of a shaky voice.

(sorry for the crappy post.)

And Immortality

- Emily Dickinson

Firetra
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 12/13/2011 3:25 PM

Gadda looked up at the Hunter. Was this the guy in charge? He seemed a little frazzled, which did make a kind of sense, given that it was probably difficult running a whole play. Still, Gadda hadn't met many people whom he wouldn't tell to "Relax, man!"

For politeness' sake, though, he didn't, and went straight to his next question. "Sure thing, my man. What parts are available in this fine play? I'm, like, only kinda a so-so actor, y'know? So I dunno if it's smartlike to cast me as, like, a super-big role. But I'll do what I can, my man."

[2]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Firetra » 12/17/2011 9:40 PM

Mendenhall had to think of something, and to do it fast. He searched the bowels of his brain to find the information he needed.He thought of various characters that he thought of while he was working. Santa was out, the living Christmas tree was out also. So what to be?

"I know!" He said a bit loudly and all of a sudden. "You can be the Fairy Prince!" He said without even thinking on how it could fit into the play.

(Sorry for the wait.)

And Immortality

- Emily Dickinson

Firetra
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 12/18/2011 12:11 AM

"Fairy Prince?" Gadda's head reeled back. The little bit of fluffy Quikslyph hair hanging in his face bounced. "Groovy, man. But how'slike... a prince fit into a Christmas story? I don't know of any like that." He hovered to the left. "Oh! Or is it, like, that one story written by that one guy? Where Santa was raised by fairies? That was the Fairy Princess, though, wasn't it?"

He shuffled toward the stage. "I can be a princess, too. No big. Don't hate, maaaan." He hovered overhead. "Direct me, and I shall serve, brah."

[3]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Firetra » 12/19/2011 11:53 AM

"No no no." He said. "This play is kind of an, whats the word. A mash-up of different plays. But not all characters are the same. They may be similar but not entirely the same." And apparently that was the best he could describe his play. Which at the moment was a bunch of scrambled ideas in his head.
Mendenhall then looked up and saw the sun was high in the air. "Oh look at that! Its already high noon.Hey, you want to grab some lunch with me? I know a really good shop just down the street. I also might want some ideas for this play. Because honestly, its not yet completed." He said with complete sincerity.

And Immortality

- Emily Dickinson

Firetra
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 12/19/2011 3:03 PM

"A mash-up, man? Sounds, like, really groovy. Creative, 'n' all that stuff. I like it. I'm on board, man."

He tilted his head at the Hunter's words. "Not yet completed? So you're havin' a casting call without knowin' who should be in it...?" For a moment, Gadda's voice almost sounded accusatory, and if he had eyes, they seemed like they would narrow. But Gadda sprung back enthusiastically. "Rock on! A go-getter! You've got spunk, man. Right on."

He followed behind the Hunter, and urged him forward to lunch. "Never turn down vittles, man, you never when you'll eat next!" He bounced all around the play's leader through the cold and frosty air, and his little body seemed to glow from within.

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Firetra » 01/04/2012 9:29 PM

((Sorry, took me a while to get things together for in and outside of school))

Mendenhall stood up and started to move around when he saw a small shape come out from around a tree. He stared at it for a second then it darted back around the tree with a giggle. Mendenhall took no notice of it, till he saw a string tied to his foot leading to the tree. The little bugger went and tied a string to him while they were talking. "One second." He said to Gadda.
As he walked to the tree, he bundled the string up in a ball to make it look like the  line was still taught. He was just around the tree when he heard a snap come from inside the tree. Then he was catapulted into the air and soon was in the top of the tree with a bunch of silly string covering him. He then heard some laughter erupt from inside the tree. "Okay, you got me, now show yourself!"

And Immortality

- Emily Dickinson

Firetra
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 01/04/2012 11:01 PM

It took Gadda's brain a few seconds to register what was going on. One moment, Mendenhall was in front of him, and then, bam! His eyes weren't so good at following swift action, admittedly. He buzzed around, though, and began to get a handle on things.

"Woah, dude! You're like, up a tree. Heh. Up a tree without a paddle, right?" He scratched at the quiff dangling down from his head. "Wait... that's more like rivers, right? Uh... oh!" Something seemed to snap on in him. "Do you want, like, help getting down, man?"

[5]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Firetra » 01/07/2012 5:04 PM

"No, no thank you, I think I got it." And right as he said that a hand shot out and cut the rope that held Mendenhall up in the tree. And soon the Hunter was on the ground groaning from the pain. He then stood up and looked at the top of the tree. He then yelled at the top of his lungs. "Get down here! Or ill get some police on you at this very moment!" Then a small yelp came out from the top of the tree and a small furry creature glided down from the top.
"Hello, sir." It said.

{6/2}
[1/1]

And Immortality

- Emily Dickinson

Firetra
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 01/08/2012 2:03 AM

"Police, man?" The Quikslyph bristled. "Naaah. Leave the Man outta this, man. We're just chillin'. We don't need any authorities gettin' in our business, man. Plays ain't against the law!" He looked up at the small Perevei Drakel, though; if he'd had visible eyes, he would have narrowed them. "But, like, stringin' people up in trees ain't cool, dude. You could, like, hurt somebody, and that's, like, bad karma, man. I knew an Anura once who knew all about that stuff. He was a cool dude."

[6]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate