Almost large enough to be considered a theme park while remaining free to the public, Terrace Park is rumored to have been the site of the Grand Hollowheart's defeat, leading to the Hollowhearts first accepting a pact with humans. (+2 Fame, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Terrace Park

Benji [10] lvl

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 12/11/2007 11:53 PM

The little Kuhna did not respond to his father's voice, seeming to be fast asleep and dreaming. His eyes moved beneath the eyelids, and his fingers and legs jerked a bit as he envisioned chasing something in his mind. There was a smile on his face, though, so it was most likely a game that he saw behind closed lids. He was feather-light. More so than he had been since the last time Ente picked him up. And his little heart was beating so fast that it was shaking his entire body. Not dangerous yet, just proving that he probably hadn't had much to eat, and little to no sleep He only stirred the very tiniest bit. Probably just utterly exhausted.
Since it was a sunny day, he'd probably be a lot more comfortable curled up in his father's arms - on the cool grass in the shade below the huge tree he'd jumped out of in the first place. It would also be a bonding moment for father and son. They really hadn't had very many of those moments, to be perfectly honest. Would also be a good time to re-bandage that head wound, and check his heartbeat.
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 424
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/12/2007 1:49 AM

Still no response. This wasn't good. He was growing aware of health problems due to his twin brother and his nephews. He never figured that he'd have to use any of the few things that he learned, but Ente was the skilled one out of the two siblings. He was supposed to be the healer, be extra aware of health problems. Since Blix was addressing the other two, he figured it alright to check on Benji. Ever careful, he slid two of his fingers onto the boys neck, checking the pulse and then and ear to the chest, checking the breath and double checking the heart. The beat was fast, that was easy to determine, but not deadly. He was sure of that one. After a little bit more of an examination, he gave a diagnosis in his head, fairly accurate.

He hefted the Kuhna up in his arms, cradling him there against his chest with ease. He turned to face the two, shaking his head. "No, it's alright. Not a condition that a doctor is needed for. Exhaustion and fatigue would be more accurate. Food, water and some sleep should do it. Unless he happens to get worse." he explained. "Sir, do you happen to have any fresh bandages?" that was directly to Blix, obviously.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2854
Donate

Postby Ke'ra » 12/12/2007 12:52 PM

"Bandages?" replied Charlie "Yeah we have some." and she threw the bag on the ground and started to search though it for the medical supplies that she ahd packed.  Finally she came upon the medical supplies and pulled them out.  She opened it up and their were some bandages, and a whole case of things to go with it.  

"Well this do?" she asked.
<center>Image<br>Blaze Polly</br></center>

Name: Alpine
Level: 1
Ke'ra
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 154
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 12/14/2007 7:58 PM

Nothing interesting yet.... He'd not bother them right now. Let the thieves think that they were going to get away with everything and make others think they were regular beings. Etzlij would find some way to toy with them soon. But first he'd let them all take care of the young kuhna. He didn't want to see such a unique creature pass away of course.
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1625
Donate

Benji [11]

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 12/14/2007 11:58 PM

Benji started to whimper a little, and stirred in Ente's arms as he came to. He gave a huge yawn, and squeaked at the end of it as most young animals did. It was cute. Actually, Benji pretty much -defined- cute. But that was a given. Curling further into his father, he nipped at the questing fingers playfully, rolled onto his back to allow Ente further access to his chest to do whatever he wanted to it. He didn't have a lot of energy - but this kid was a good child, and he knew when was the time to shut up, and when was the time to talk. Now, he thought, was a pretty good time to shut up.
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/15/2007 2:53 AM

Ente chuckled slightly as Benji nipped at him, but that didn't stop him from any of his work. Right now, he was very much appreciating that his adopted child was a good and cooperative one. He looked away from Blix to Charlie when she offered medical supplies. It seemed that everyone was stocked up on this stuff. Though he had asked Blix, who had originally bandaged up the Kuhna, he didn't seem to have any problems taking it from the women. He didn't care about much else aside from his son, so his worries rested there. "Hey Ben, would you sit up for me?" He asked, as parents would when tending to wounds that their child had, rather it was a scrape or something a little worse. They always had the same tones, keeping it best so that they get a good response.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Ke'ra » 12/15/2007 1:45 PM

Charlie noddded.  "Keep the bandages, I have a lot more back at my home. Besides I have to go, got some important things that have to be done."  Picking up her bag and strapped it to her shoulders she took off with a quick paced run with Alpine following right behind her in flight.   She was looking for a way out of the park to go to Linna's home.  Then she spotted the exit of the park.  She smiled.  

"Hey Alpine do you see what I see?"  

"Yes I do Charlie"  

The two took off running and crossed the streets.  The two stopped again to get their bearings.  

"We are several blocks west from where we should be Alpine"

Alpine clicked his beak and Charlie got the message.

"What is wrong Alpine?"

"Charlie I wanted to tell you this back at the park but I didn't at the time, during the time we were helping those strangers someone or dare I say something was watching us"

Charlie smiled "The Shadow?"

Alpine nodded.

"Yeah I know looks like something is toying with us again. Somethings never change eh?"

Alpine and Charlie started to walk again laughing all the way to Linna's house.   Arriving at the apartment 302 Charlie knocked on the door.   When it opened their was a young but very tired woman behind the door that appeared shocked at the presence of Charlie and Alpine.  

"Charlie?  Alpine?  Oh I am so glad you are okay I was so worried your robbery has been all over the news"

"Yeah but I haven't the time to watch the news I have been hiding but that is that can we come in?"

Linna nodded and let them in.  The children that were there were so glad that Charlie and Alpine showed up.  The two had a blast playing, singing, reading, and painting.  Even the two sick children that Linna and Charlie were caring for were up and about.  Their names were Deyna and Zayl.  When Charlie met Linna several years ago the two were in worse condiition and the Hospital wouldn't do anything for them.  So Charlie used her skills as a theif to get them the care that they need.    While the children were playing Charlie and Linna met in secret and Charlie gave her the supplies that she had stolen along with over 50 percent of the money she had stolen.  That was the agreement the two settled on when they met.  There were some times were the agreement was broken but that was in rare cases.  Charlie and Alpine stayed for over 4 hours before they said their goodbyes and agree to meet again in a week.  

Once outside the apartment Charlie and Alpine had another good laugh about the kids.  

"I am so glad the Denya and Zayl looked better today, they were even laughing and smiling." said Alpine.  

Charlie nodded "Yeah it made me so happy to see them up and about."

The two ran back to the park.  Now they were heading home.  The only problem was that she had to run to the other side of the park just to reach her home which was nothing more than a abandon warehouse.  

"Which direction?" she asked

"That way" replied Alpine pointing in the Northeastern direction.

Charlie nodded and she took off running in the direction which Alpine pointed while Alpine took off in flight just to follow her.

Ke'ra
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Asrya » 12/16/2007 3:53 AM

(Apologies for taking so lon to post. I had a long and really fun birthday :D )

Blix was cautious about accepting medical supplies from random people. Despite the fact that Benji was as random a person he had come across. He eyed Charlie as she left, frowning as the pair ran off to do... whatever it was they were going to do.
Good, Thought Blix. I don't like too many people around anyway.
The rexxel looked back to Benji and Ente. He fell silent so as not to disturb the pair then turned his eyes back up and around. Respectful, Blix backs away a step, giving them their space.
Suddenly it dawned on Blix what he had forgotten. His book, tea and blanket had been left by that large tree.
With a heavy sight he loked again toward Ente and Benji and turned back the way he had brought Benji to return to his  quiet spot in order to gather his belongings.
The dark-coloured human formed Rexxel steps lithely past Etzlij.

Asrya
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 120
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 12/16/2007 10:08 PM

Drat... The thieves had left before he had come out of hiding to reveil what they were... Well that run was ruined. What to do now? Maybe follow the Rexxel and cause some chaos to happen for him...? But then Benji and Ente might leave before he could get to find more about the younger male. Choices, choices. Sometimes he really hated having to make choices...
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Benji [12]

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 12/17/2007 2:54 PM

Benji obeyed his father, and sat up. He was used to doing as told. After all, he was often ill. His heart, his lungs - both of them had the tendency to be weak. He was used to having his breathing and his heartbeat checked. So the request wasn't an odd one. However, he did seem to peer at the shadows - to lock eyes with something that wasn't there. He tilted his head, and blinked a little, as if asking without words why the other didn't come out and play. But then he lost interest. And his own mind brought up a question he wanted an answer to. The problem with that was... Ente probably didn't have one.

"Daddy? Why are my heart and lungs always so sick?"
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Ke'ra » 12/17/2007 7:47 PM

The repeated sounds of feet hitting the gound echoed in the air as Charlie ran looking for the exit to the park so she could go home.  After several minutes she arrived at the exact location that she had fled to earlier that day.  She stopped to catch her breath.  She knew that she was close.  

"Hey Alpine is that shadow following us?" Charlie asked after she had caught her breath.  

Clicking his beak Alpine replied "No it didn't follow us after we left the area where we were helping those people"  

Charlie nodded quite happy that they were not being followed anymore.  "Wonder why it was following us?"

Alpine let out a harsh laugh and replied "Who cares it isn't following us anymore no point in worrying over it"

Charlie sighed and said "Good point we should get out of here it is quite apparent that we are not wanted no matter how helpful we are. "  

Alpine nodded and the two resumed their search only this time they were walking.

Ke'ra
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Benji [13]

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 01/03/2008 11:08 AM

Receiving no answer from his father, Benji sighed, and wriggled a bit to get comfortable, lying down on the grass again. He had a headache now, and he wanted to go to sleep. Sleeping was one of the ways he got rid of those headaches and stuff after all. So he curled up against his father, and closed his eyes, slipping into the world of dreams with a smile on his face, and his white hair tousled and messed up from his previous adventures.

He woke a few hours later with not an inkling of where he was. It was dark now, and most of the other people in the park had gone home. This wasn't where he wanted to be right now, and it was scary. He didn't like the dark. Looking around for his father, he found him not there. Fear started to set in. It wouldn't be until much later that he realized this was an elaborate dream.
Another boy was standing a little outside his field of vision, and he got up to investigate, moving over to the boy to find that he looked exactly like him. White hair, orange eyes, pale skin. Only this boy had a scar over one eye.

"I'm Ben." the other said, quietly. "You're in great danger. I came here to protect you. But you're not safe here. Your dad can't protect you here. He can't even come here."

Benji's eyes went wide, hearing that, and he cringed, snatching his hand away from the stranger.

"I want my daddy. DADDY!" he called, afraid.

"He can't hear you, and he won't come. You've got to get out of here, though. It's not safe here. Take my hand. Follow me."

Reluctantly, Benji took the other boy's hand, and was led from the park quickly and quietly, being dragged to a small 'cave' that he didn't remember being there.

"Where's this?" he asked his doppleganger, shivering slightly. When had it become cold?

"This is a safe place. I'll stay with you here for now. You can't go back there for a while. Not until it's safe again. Your daddy can't see these things like you and I can."

The other boy pointed to a large, scary something that had entered the park they'd just left. Benji almost screamed, but the other boy put his hand over his mouth.

"Shhh. Don't attract it. It can't get in here, but I don't want to take the chance. Just relax. Relax, and everything will be okay. I'll take care of you. It's just going to be a while before you can go back. Hey... do you want to play a little game while we wait for it to go away?..."

In the waking world, Benji's body had gone limp. Cold. The boy's eyes had fluttered shut as if he'd passed out, and he was senseless to everything. His hand twitched maybe once or twice before going still. His breathing plummeted, and his heart rate followed. There appeared to be no cause. But whatever the reason, Ente's little boy was now completely unresponsive. Comatose.
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 01/03/2008 8:03 PM

Of course the adoptive father wouldn't know the answer to his son's question. The source, he didn't know. The truth was something they'd never know, unless they happened to find Benji's birth parents, and that didn't seem like that was going to happen. Besides, even if they did, Incruente wouldn't trust them. How could he? The condition in which he'd found the Kuhna wasn't a pleasing one. He was trying to formulate some kind of answer for him, since dropping the matter without words wasn't a smart move.
And that's when the boy went limp. Alarmed though remaining calm, the Lucain hefted the boy into his arms. He was cold. Hardly breathing, hardly any beat of the heart. Something wasn't right. Being linked with more unusual aspects, he was aware that something wasn't right, not right to the laws of this world. He had faith enough in someone to have better advice to give him instead of jumping into action and ending up like a chicken with its head chopped off.
Shadows and light were pulled around his figure, wrapping up around his and the other's figure until they were no longer to be seen. When they all fell back and returned to their true placing, Ente and Benji were gone from sight, all abruptly.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 01/05/2008 4:38 AM

The odd little kuhna was gone now, meaning that the Elder kuhna had no purpose of hanging around the park now. He let out a small sigh and shifted into the shadows, off to look for something that interested him. Who knew. Maybe one day he'd run into that little guy again and get to figure out how he came to be.

(Etzlij goes poof! He's gone now)
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous