Almost large enough to be considered a theme park while remaining free to the public, Terrace Park is rumored to have been the site of the Grand Hollowheart's defeat, leading to the Hollowhearts first accepting a pact with humans. (+2 Fame, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Terrace Park

"Prayers" [P: PM to join][Hunt][M:E]

Postby HappyHappyHierophant » 03/05/2012 1:47 AM

"Have all the Mr. Wilson's left for winter?"
In the center of the sunken marble terrace, a small pallid girl of about twelve or thirteen peered out into the rings of trees hoping for a fleeting blur of gray, blinking at the faint winter sun. She suddenly faintly recalled a moment when she was smaller, and less sick: a soft, watercolor brushstroke sky, faint lavender with touches of peachy orange. It had seemed much larger, as she had been much smaller. Her older brother, Darren, was carrying her over his shoulders, so handsome and robust with his short brown hair combed back, in his scratch tweed overcoat that felt like sandpaper on her cheek. He spun around and around, the clouds whipping in and out of her vision and she squealed until her cheeks turned rosy pink with delight and February cold. After nearly half an hour, he finally stopped, panting for breath. And then she had asked him the same question she did now. "Have all the Mr. Wilson's left for winter?"
[Elise: 1, Darren: 1]
HappyHappyHierophant
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 40
Donate

Re: "Prayers" [P: PM to join][Hunt][M:E]

Postby HappyHappyHierophant » 03/05/2012 1:58 AM

She had a the time desperately wanted to see the Mr. Wilsons, and they had traveled far just to get here. Wiping the tears of her cheeks, Darren had told her at the time, with a laugh that rumbled through his shoulders, trying to console her, that the Mr. Wilson's were just hiding. But it wasn't the Mr. Wilson's that were hiding. It was time. Time may be thought of something of Xai're's realm: progressing steadily behind your back, waiting for oppurtunities, slinking behind you when you need it, and striking you when you're down on the cement. Darren had moved and taken her to Lydon, a neighboring town, after the radiation went around in their hometown when the factory exploded. Mother had fallen ill, and father wanted to stay with her. It was suicide. The entire town was quarantined within a week, and her father was trapped there until the last letter arrived. Not that her father would have minded. He loved Mother in a way that she could only hoped to be loved one day, and Darren had understood that. And thus he had willingly traveled alone with no one but a small bundle of money, a suitcase, and her to the other side of Lambastia after the school was closed down. Now they were in Terrace Park again. But now there was no room for smiles and deep rumbly laughs. And his smooth young chin had been replaced by a rough stubble over the year. Time had forced him to grow up. Maybe even grow out of her.  "Perhaps. Perhaps not. Are you warm enough, Elise?"
[Elise: 2, Darren: 2]
HappyHappyHierophant
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: "Prayers" [P: PM to join][Hunt][M:E]

Postby HappyHappyHierophant » 03/12/2012 8:52 PM

"I'm fine, Darren," Elise sighed. "I don't see any Mr. Wilson's."
"They'll come Elise."
"Darren.... I don't think they exist."
Darren remained silent.
"Darren. Brother. I love you. But I'm not a little girl any more. I ... I don't know. I hate the fact that you have to take care of me. You could be so much more. If I could walk."
"Elise. Those are the fantasies you should be worried about. The radiation was no one's fault, and least of all yours. You never chose this. I'm your brother, Elise. I couldn't leave you if I tried. As for me ... don't worry about me. I'll always be here for you."
The sky was darkening and yet growing more intense and saturated, and the streetlight flickered on. But Elise watched them through a blur of tears.
"Darren.... I'm scared to die."
HappyHappyHierophant
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate