Almost large enough to be considered a theme park while remaining free to the public, Terrace Park is rumored to have been the site of the Grand Hollowheart's defeat, leading to the Hollowhearts first accepting a pact with humans. (+2 Fame, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Terrace Park

Forever is a Long Time (Private)

Postby jobiehanna » 03/25/2012 4:17 PM

The weather was perfect for their meeting today. Yakira was thankful for such beautiful weather. If it was raining they would have to postpone the meeting, and Kira was too excited and nervous for that. They needed to meet and then start planning the wedding. It was exciting, getting married. She looked down at the ring on her hand, admiring its glittering in the sunlight. Her thoughts traveled to the man who gave it to her, her wonderful fiance. He really was wonderful, and she was so happy to be engaged to him.

Kira walked along one of the paths in Terrace Park as she thought. The meeting was to take place in one of the pavilions. She finally reached the one and entered, sitting at one of the table.She crossed her legs and one of them started bouncing up and down nervously. Kira tried to push her nervous thoughts away, but it was so hard. She was to meet Theta and Eta today, if they were the right names. She got the names confused because they were all so close. She twirled her long blonde hair in her fingers nervously. What if they didn't like her? That was the thought that scared her the most.

And I was runnin' far away
Would I run off the world someday?
Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and
I was dancing in the rain
I felt alive and I can't complain

Sale Breed Thoughts Wishes Records Home
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4169
Donate

Re: Forever is a Long Time (Private)

Postby Kitsumi » 03/25/2012 4:35 PM

For once, Storm's companion wasn't his lovely young fiance, although she was the one they were going to meet. On the left side of him, Eta walked. She was all smiles, excited to finally meet the fiance of the man that she had openly adopted as her 'brother' the first time they met when they were younger. On his right, Theta walked as if she were on a catwalk, and not just in the park. Her eyes scanned the area, looking for a good-looking man to settle on. Eta and Storm's eyes met, and Storm ever so slightly inclined his head in Theta's direction, and then rolled his eyes. Eta held in a chuckle.

As Storm caught sight of Kira, he excused himself from the two young ladies flanking him. "I'm going to run up and meet her; you guys can take your time...no, Theta, not too much time! I mean keep walking over, not stopping and talking to cute guys and then eventually getting here." As Theta huffed, Storm ran forward, eager to see his fiance. Every time he saw her, he felt the same burst of excitement. It never wore away, and for that, he was grateful.

"Hey, love," Storm greeted Kira with a kiss, as usual. "Sorry if we're a bit late. This time it wasn't my fault, I swear. Theta had to have her hair and makeup perfect...I did tell you she's one of those fashionista types, didn't I?" He chuckled, and then gestured towards Eta and Theta, who had just walked up.

"Kira, meet Eta and Theta, my two self-adopted sisters. Ladies, this is the girl who has made me happier than I ever thought possible - Yakira." He watched them, wanting to see how they'd react.

Eta immediately went in for a hug. "Oh my gosh, I've heard so much about you!" She hugged Kira briefly, and then pulled back to look at her. "You're just as beautiful as he said. I'm already imagining how you'll look in a wedding gown! You'll probably be the most beautiful bride of the year."

The other sister, Theta, hung back a bit. Once Eta moved aside so that there was room for her to move up, she hugged Kira too, although a bit awkwardly. "It's great to meet you," she said.

((Just for the record, Eta is the purple one, and Theta is the red one xD))

like sunlight shining through the leaves
we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Pen :: Wishlist ::Breeders :: Docs :: Rentals :: Journal
Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 7194
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 03/25/2012 5:34 PM

Kira smiled happily as she saw Storm approaching with the other two women. If she wouldn't have known better, she would have been jealous. But she did know better, so it wasn't a bother to her. "It's alright," she said with a smile. "I wasn't waiting long," she continued. "Yes, I believe you did," she went on with a small chuckle. Kira herself had never been one to care much about her looks and make-up, although she did like to look good when she went out.

Kira blushed slightly at the introduction. She was a little stunned at the first woman's reaction, but glad none-the-less. She returned the brief hug, "Thank you," she said, her cheeks turning pink at the compliment. "It's nice to meet you," she added with a smile.

She returned Theta's hug as well, although it was more awkward than the others. "Nice to meet you too," she told her with a smile. Kira really was glad to meet them, and couldn't wait to get started on the planning an getting to know the sisters.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 03/25/2012 5:41 PM

Deciding to hang back for a bit, Storm allowed both Eta and Theta to talk to Kira for a while. He was ready to step in if they began overwhelming Kira, but for now he wanted the girls' to get to talk, and see how they interacted. It was important to him that they all got along, since Eta was sure to consider Kira part of their family once she and Storm were married.

"It's nice to meet you too," Eta and Theta spoke at the same time, and both giggled. Motioning towards a bench, Eta said, "I think that one should fit four, if we all want to sit down?"

((Bleh...short post is short >.>))

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 03/25/2012 6:15 PM

Kira giggled along with the sisters at their unison. She wished she had a sister to laugh along with and do silly things with. But hopefully, after the wedding, maybe the sisters would accept her as a sister. "Yes, let's sit," she said with a smile. She went to sit on the bench, "So, although Storm has told me a bunch about you guys, why don't you tell me about yourselves? I'm sure he's left a few things out," she finished with a giggle. She glanced at Storm and smiled.

((Mine's short too. D:))

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 03/25/2012 6:27 PM

Storm grinned back at Kira. Eta sat on one side of Kira with Theta sitting next to her, so Storm sat on the other side of Kira. There was quite a bit he hadn't told her about his 'sisters' because it was their place to tell her if they wanted to, not his.

Taking a deep breath, Eta said, "Well, first, we should tell you what we are. I'm fairly sure that Storm wouldn't have told you - he always holds our secrets in the highest regards." She bit her lip slightly, a bit nervous. "I hope you won't think of us differently after this. My sister here, as well as our brother Epsilon...we're bean sidhe. But you guys would probably call us banshees.

"You see," she continued. "Theta and I scream whenever someone dies. Not just screaming, mind you...but a full-out ear-shattering wail. We can't help it...it just happens. Our screams send the souls of a recently deceased person into the afterlife. Without beings like us, their souls would either sink into the earth, and the spirit of the person would be forever trapped on the earth. Or, a reaper would come and harvest the soul...but that only happens when someone has sold their soul to a demon. Reaped souls are tortured for...well, all eternity."

She didn't mention Zeta at the moment, not knowing how much Storm had spoken of her. He was closer to Zeta, for some reason, and may have already told Kira what Zeta was...but then again, he probably hadn't.

((There...that one's longer xD))

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 03/25/2012 6:41 PM

Kira felt comfortable on the bench beside Storm and Eta. As she listened to what Eta told her, she raised her eyebrows at Storm. He definitely hadn't told her that. But her initial reaction was more interest than anything. "Do you get any kind of like, warning before it happens?" She asked. "If you don't mind me asking," she added. "It just sounds so interesting, to me at least." She smiled sheepishly because of her interest in them. She had heard of banshees and stuff, but she didn't really know what they did.

But then she thought about her secret. Should she tell the sisters? It wasn't like it affected her or anything, but it would probably be courteous to reveal her identity as well. "Since you told me that, I've got something to tell you too," she said. She was nervous about telling them; she glanced toward Storm, taking strength from his gaze. "I'm the daughter of a wind god," she said quietly. "I have some control over the wind, but that's pretty much it," she confessed.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 03/25/2012 6:55 PM

"Of course we don't mind," Eta said. "You're actually reacting pretty well to this. Most people think of banshee's as evil creatures, so it's good that you don't. We kind of get a warning...we can see something that we call a 'death shroud' or 'death aura' around somebody when they're about to die. They become darker, and we see them as if they're through a glass...wavering, not entirely there. That's how we know when someone is about to die. We're able to lessen the scream a bit when we're prepared for it - enough so that people think we're just normal girls, screaming because somebody just died."

Theta, who had been busy checking out guys, suddenly looked up. "You can control the wind? That is so cool. If you're the daughter of a wind god, does that make you a demigod? Do you know any hot demigod men?" She glanced at Storm and grinned. "I mean, hot in the opinion of a single lady...like me, for instance."

Rolling her eyes, Eta chuckled. "You can ignore her and her boy-craziness," she said. "But thank you for trusting us with that. It'll be good to know that, since we're gonna be...sisters." She blushed a bit, hoping that Kira wouldn't think it stupid that Eta wanted to invite her into the family as a sister.

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 03/25/2012 8:31 PM

Kira listened intently to Eta as she spoke about the death thing. It was quite interesting, "Interesting," she said simply. "Does it happen often?" She asked curiously. She hoped she wasn't asking too many questions.

"Well, yes, I suppose I am. But, I , uh, don't know any hot demigod men, sorry," Kira said with an apologetic smile. She wished she could help the other out in her quest for attractive men, but she really didn't know any, accept for Storm, of course.

Kira wasn't expecting Eta to mention the sister thing so soon. She blushed as well, because the thought had been on her mind moments ago. "I can't wait," she said happily. "I've never had any sisters, or any siblings," she said with a sad smile.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 03/25/2012 8:46 PM

"Well, I've only experienced five people die, and one of those people I brought back to life. So I'd say no, not very often. I mean, people die every day. But we only scream when one dies within a certain mile radius of us." As if reading the other girl's mind, she added, "You're free to ask as many questions as you want. I honestly don't mind...you should have heard the way I questioned my parents when I first found out what I was." She chuckled slightly.

Theta opened her mouth to speak, but Eta cut her off. "Oh, it's all the better that you don't know any. Theta would be through with him in about a week. After emptying his pocket book, that is." Eta shot a fond smile at her sister, showing that it was only a joke.

This time, it was Theta who spoke first. "Oh, you weren't missing much," she said with a mischievous spark in her eye. "My sisters and brothers annoyed the hell outta me when we were growing up."

Storm continued to watch, smiling at the way they all seemed to get along. Finally, he cleared his throat. "I don't mind if you guys want to keep talking...we have all day to make plans. But are any of you guys hungry? I could go grab us a few hotdogs or hamburgers while you're talking, if you like?"

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 03/25/2012 9:13 PM

"You can bring people back to life?" The question was off her lips before she could stop it. The idea was strange and foreign to her; it was something she had never heard of. Her eyes widened in embarrassment, but then she caught herself. Eta didn't mind the questions, at least that's what she said.

Kira giggled, catching onto the joke between the sisters. "I suppose there are ups and downs to having siblings," she said. "But it would have been a whole lot less lonely growing up," she added. Having siblings may have helped with her grief when her mother died. She wouldn't have been alone so much and so often.

Yakira glanced toward Storm when he spoke. He had been sitting to quietly, if she hadn't felt his warmth from him sitting beside her she wouldn't have known he was there. "Yeah, now that you mention it," she said with a smile. Her stomach rumbled as if emphasizing her point. "If you don't mind," she added with a smile. "You know what I like."

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 03/25/2012 10:08 PM

"Well, not just me," Eta admitted. "Both a male and a female bean sidhe need to work together to bring someone back to life. See, the female screams, but holds the soul in place instead of letting it either sink or rise. And then the male guides the soul back to the body. But even then...another life needs to be taken. For a person to live again, they need to exchange their death date with someone else's. So they get all of the years that the other person would have lived, and the other person takes their place in death. The time we did it, a drunk driver killed a young lady. We brought her back, and the drunk driver...took her death."

Before Eta could answer about siblings, Theta interrupted her. "Ooh, get me a hotdog, okay? But just one...I'm on a diet. Actually, would you share one with me, Storm?"

Storm laughed. "I'll get one for myself, and then I'll eat whatever of yours that you don't. Alright?" He walked off to get some hotdogs for all of them.

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 03/25/2012 10:50 PM

"Well, it makes sense to have to take a life if you're bringing one back," Kira said slowly. "But why does it have to me one male and one female? Why not two females? Or two males?" The thought of bringing someone back to life was still foreign to her. Once someone was dead, they were dead for good, or not. She wondered if anyone ever abused the power, but it was probably true.

As Storm got up and walked away to get their hotdogs, Kira found herself watching him. When he was gone it felt as if there was something missing from her life. Even though she knew he'd be back shortly, she missed him already.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 03/26/2012 12:23 AM

Eta shrugged. "Well, that's just the way it is. Because females have the gift of screaming and holding the soul, while males don't. And then males have the ability to guide the soul and anchor it into a body, while females don't. We both have to use our gifts together to bring someone back. Luckily, I had our brother Epsilon with me that day. He helped me bring the girl back."

When Storm came back, he handed a hot dog to each of them. "Here you go, guys. Eat up." Sitting beside Kira, he kissed her cheek. "I missed you," he whispered in her ear.

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 03/26/2012 12:31 AM

"Oh, so males and females have different abilities then," Kira summarized. "I hadn't realized that," she added. "You have a brother too?" She didn't recall Storm mentioning the brother, but maybe she had just forgotten.

"Missed you too," she said with a smile as she took the hotdog from him. Then she began to eat the hotdog, her stomach finally satisfied.

((Ack, fail post. D:))

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items