Almost large enough to be considered a theme park while remaining free to the public, Terrace Park is rumored to have been the site of the Grand Hollowheart's defeat, leading to the Hollowhearts first accepting a pact with humans. (+2 Fame, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Terrace Park

Re: Millie's Spring Contest Event [Wonderful Prizes, Open!]

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 05/12/2012 4:38 PM

Laika tumbled amidst the flowers, feeling overjoyed. Every time she moved, she sent a flurry of petals into the air around her. She was so happy, she almost forgot about the contest! After a while, though, she calmed down enough to remember what she was there for... But how was she going to find anything in a carpet of flowers so thick, she couldn't see her feet? She sighed, and sat down to think.

Just then, she noticed that she could see under the flower carpet, especially the taller ones, if she lay down. She gave an excited whoop!, and began to crawl around on her belly, looking to see if there was anything beneath them. She didn't really bother to sniff the ground, as there were too many powerful scents coming from the flowers. Instead, she used her eyes, and hoped for a find.

Searching area 5

3/10
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2176
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 05/13/2012 8:52 PM

Krypto:

As the two girls walked through the flowers, a tiny, almost inaudible voice suddenly cried; “Look out!” It was too late however, and they’d already stepped on what appeared to be a mushroom. However, if one were to look closely, they’d see a very small, very strange looking little…thing standing beside the mushroom and looking stricken. The thing had the body and features of a very young human girl, but from the antennae on her head, the yellow skin, and the fact that she was wearing a leaf dress and had wings growing out of her back (not to mention the fact that she was only about four inches high) indicated that she was most certainly not human. “Look what you did!” the little thing cried. “You’ve destroyed my home! And now I won’t have anywhere to hide when the Faechomp comes by! How could you?!” Maybe if you stick around to help her out, you’re chances of finding something here will be very good.

Thunder:

A little girl sat at the picnic table, swinging her legs and munching on a slice of watermelon. She was watching the boy searching very carefully. Her eyes s glow an unnatural green as she wiped some stray juice from her lips. “Hey there,” she called, when he got too close to the tree. “What do you think you’re doing? That’s my tree, you know. You shouldn’t get near it.” What was so special about this tree? And what did she mean it was ‘hers’? Maybe if you talked to her a bit and found out more, your chances of finding something here were good.

Toxxic:

Here there didn’t seem to be much but flowers. An occasional breeze blew through the fields, rustling the petals and sending the sweet scent up into the air. The foxgloves  bowed their heads, and the Sunflowers turned towards the sun, following it faithfully and living up to the legends of old. But still, there was nothing. It seemed that the chances of finding something here are poor.

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby Thunder » 05/14/2012 3:40 PM

Devoc was very concentrated on finding an egg when he heard the girl's voice. He jumped a bit, startled, and swiveled around to face her. He stared at her green eyes. Something about them looked a little...funny. But he knew it was rude to stare, and he snapped out of it.

"O-oh!" he stammered, looking embarrassed. "I'm sorry! I didn't know this was your tree." He wasn't sure why the girl would call it hers, though. "I was just looking for one of those plastic eggs that everyone else seems to be looking for..." He scratched his head, still feeling abashed. "I-is there something dangerous about this tree...?"

((Searching Area 1, 2/10))

"If everyone is one, none will be afraid."

Pen~Breeders~Trades~Wishes~Rentals
Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 877
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 05/14/2012 7:41 PM

Eventually, Laika grew tired of searching for things she couldn't see. The flowers were so inviting, with their pretty colours and their exotic perfumes... She skipped through the field, twirling to chase her tails, all thoughts of contests and prizes long forgotten...

As she skipped, she failed to notice the flowers thinning out, and the new presence of trees around her. She carried on, deeper and deeper into the new-found forest... As she went, she thought she could hear little voices calling, and see little specks of light dancing through leaves... The presence of the leaves finally registered with her, and she stopped, confused as to where she was.

Moving to Area 4

4/10
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 05/16/2012 9:52 PM

"Heist?" Allie tilted her head. "Kid, you're like. Ten. I don't think your carers would appreciate if I told you about robberies."

Naomi opened her mouth to voice a retort, but a small voice on the ground caught her attention.
"Oh no." Naomi exclaimed gently pushing Allie away from the creature and kneeling down to inspect the remains of the mushroom. She examined the small little thing with bright eyes, before turning back to Allie, sternness in her eyes and voice. "You destroyed her home. Watch where you are walking."

Allie's mouth twitched into something of disgust and surprise - a look she usually reserved for the most ugliest of sewer rats. "I'm... sorry?" She replied, unable to keep the skepticism out of her voice. Were these flowers like... opiates or something? Was she seeing things? "You shouldn't put your goddamn house where other people can step on it."

This earned her another scornful look from Naomi. "I apologise for my friend's words and actions. Are we able to help you find another home? Or... what's a Faechomp?"

Allie crossed her arms and grumbled to herself while they spoke. "What are you? Some... kind of fairy?" Allie asked, just to make sure she had an idea of what her brain must have been hallucinating.

Searching Area 5
4/10

Stare in the darkness
Are you scared? Are you free?
I can be fair or a monster
Tell me now, which one do you need?

I can feel teeth tear into me
Rip me to pieces, rock me to sleep
I can feel eyes staring at me
Getting uneasy, ready to feed
I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 892
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 05/16/2012 11:36 PM

Thunder:

“There’s only something dangerous about the tree if I say so,” the little girl replied, hopping from her bench and wiping her mouth with the back of her hands. “You see,” she circled the tree, and popped out from behind it, a mischievous look on her face. “This is a magic tree. Of sorts. And I am it’s guardian. The tree is part of me, and I’m part of it.” She folded her hands behind her back, looking smug. “But I’m in a bit of a bind, you see.” She pointed upwards, where the withering, barely leafy branches could be seen. Hanging from the branches were a plethora of old charms, ribbons, and small tags. “You see…This tree is a wishing tree. And I’m afraid no one has been by to wish on it in a very long time. Without wishes, it will die. And I can’t have that.” She narrowed her eyes slightly. “If you can make the proper wish upon my tree, I will help you find your prize.” With the spirit’s help, I’m sure whatever you will find will be rare.

Krypto:

“Yeah!” the fairy cried, shaking a tiny fist. “Watch where you’re walking, you big ogre! And you shouldn’t put your realm-forsaken foot on other people’s houses!” It was a good thing the other girl, the one with the nice face and kind voice, was there to temper the fairy’s rage; it was unwise to upset one of the fair folk, especially in their own realm. “Yeah, you better help me find a new home,” the fairy replied, looking annoyed. “Or the Faechomp will eat me!" She spread her arms wide, her eyes growing big. “The Faechomp is a giant monster with teeth like knives, a head of bone and a body of red fur and empty, soulless eyes! It goes around at night and eats any of us Sidhe who are out after dark! It’s dangerous!” It sounded like a common, if not somewhat small, animal of Evelon; what could it be? She turned an angry glare onto the other woman. “And yes, I’m a fairy, you giant, badly dressed buffoon! What else would I be, huh?” She turned back to the kind voiced girl. “I need a new home…but not just any home. I want to live in a sunflower.” She smiled dreamily, looking excited. “I hear there’s some on the west end of the flower patch. But you have to be careful, that’s near where the Faechomp wanders sometimes. I don’t know how you big folk will deal with him.” She pointed at Naomi’s shoulder. “Lemme ride on yer shoulder, tall one.” If you help her find a sunflower, I bet you’ll find a very rare prize.

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 05/17/2012 2:53 AM

A smile crept across Naomi's face at the fairy's antics towards Allie. Really, Allie needed to be more open minded, it would help her a lot, perhaps that's why she was here today. Naomi thought to herself, considering the thief, before turning back to the fairy.

"A Chombones?" Allie cut into whatever Naomi was about to say, crouching down so she could hear the fairy - although she carefully kept her distance.
Naomi didn't shoot Allie any glance this time, but nodded in agreement. "I know what those are. They're sorta scary, but I'm sure it wouldn't bother us if we ran into it." Naomi replied, her head bouncing enthusiastically. "If we do run into it, I'm sure Allie could even pick it up and carry it out with us, if you wanted."

"... WHAT? And have my arm bitten off?" Allie retorted, grabbing her arm protectively and jumping back up to full-height, glancing around for the creature, like it was nearby and she could hear it.

"Relax, they're usually no bigger than a Kuhna." Naomi replied. Allie snorted but otherwise made no further comment.
"Oh, that sounds like a great home." Naomi agreed with the fairy. "Sunflowers are just the most beautiful thing. And they're nice and tall too. Here, hop on, me and Allie will help you find it. And, she will help with the Faechomp, don't worry." Naomi said the last sentence with such conviction, Allie was sure the kid must of had some weird vision or something.

Searching Area 5
5/10

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 05/17/2012 10:05 AM

Laika sat suddenly, beginning to tremble. The forest around her looked so strange, with little lights twinkling between the leaves... She couldn't be sure, but she thought she heard a high-pitched giggle coming from them. When had the forest gotten so dark? She couldn't even remember when she had left the flower field...

"Hello? Is anybody there? Can anybody hear me?" she called out, confused as to what to do. She had been lost before, plenty of times, but never like this... She fidgeted a bit, then decided to try and find her own way out. Picking a course at random, she made her way hurriedly through the trees.

Unfortunately, she only succeeded in getting herself more lost! Eventually, she had to sit down between some massive tree roots for a short rest. She suddenly remembered about the contest... didn't that Solocross say there would be eggs hidden around? She ducked under the roots to check...

Searching area 4

5/10

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thunder » 05/17/2012 7:59 PM

Devoc, who had already been somewhat confused by Boris and what he was supposed to do for this competition, was now even more perplexed by the little girl's declaration about being a tree spirit. He didn't question it though, and he looked up at the tree to see the various objects hanging from its branches. He hadn't noticed the charms and such before, having been too focused on looking for eggs at the base of the tree.

A...wish tree?" he thought to himself. Devoc knew people etched hearts with names in them on trees as a symbol of everlasting love, but he never heard of a wish tree before. He considered the little girl's proposal carefully and tried to think of a good wish. World peace? That was a nice ideal, but lots of people wished for that, and having studied philosophy and history extensively, Devoc knew that sadly, world peace seemed almost impossible... But then again, that was part of the beauty of the wish.

"Well, what should I do to make a wish?" he asked the girl. "Do I write my wish on paper and put it on the tree? Or do I just need to think of a wish?"

((Searching Area 1, 3/10))

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 05/17/2012 9:36 PM

Krypto:

The fairy looked rather skeptical as she fluttered her wings and flew up to settle on Naomi’s shoulder. “You can’t PICK UP the Faechomp!” she cried, aghast. “It might eat you!” She looked rightly terrified; to a fairy, a Chombones must be the size of a house! She pointed her little arm. “They’re that way,” she instructed. “A part of the field full of sunflowers and-” She was cut off by the sound of something crashing through the underbrush. “Oh no!” she cried. “The Faechomp!” Indeed, a few seconds later, an abnormally large chombones appeared form under the brush and hissed at them, gnashing it’s wicked looking teeth and advancing on them. Maybe picking it up isn’t a good idea. But I bet you could distract it with some kind of game, right? It is, after all, kind of like a cat. Don’t cats like to chase toys?

Toxxic:

In the darkness of the forest, the lights swirled around the leaves. The darkness was abnormal for the light of the park, and off in the distance, an unearthly fog rolled through the trees. The sounds of someone weeping moved along with the fog, and if one looked close enough, they could just barely discern a woman in the mist, dressed in long, flowing white as she moved towards the trunk of the tree where the Lucain was now exploring. The air grew colder as the woman approached, her weeping growing louder. “Oh please,” she suddenly cried, and her voice sounded like a far off echo. Through her body, the forest could be seen, and it was clear she was not of this earth. “Oh please, help me!” If you help her, I’m sure the chances of you finding something here are very good.

Thunder:

The girl smiled widely, and waved her hands. Out of seemingly thin air, a pretty scrap of paper with a string tied to it, and a ball point pen appeared. She held it out for him to take. “Write your wish down on here,” she explained. “And make sure it’s a good one.” She nudged it towards him. “Then you’ll have to climb up and tie it onto one of the branches. But after you’ve told me what it is first.” She frowned, looking faintly concerned. “Only a really good wish will help my tree.”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 05/18/2012 5:02 AM

Laika stopped dead in her tracks. There was fog rolling in from somewhere, it seemed, and she could hear weeping coming from within it. A moment later, a woman dressed in white appeared, and seemed to beg for help, weeping as she did so...

"What's the matter? Are you alright?" Laika asked, careful to keep her distance. She didn't know what this woman was, after all, and she didn't want to wind up in serious trouble... But there was nothing that she felt deeper than someone else's sorrow, and she couldn't bear to listen to weeping... She took a small step closer to the woman, and repeated her question in case she hadn't been heard. Who was this woman, and why was she crying in a forest? Laika completely forgot about being lost, and the contest, and focused entirely on this new arrival...

Searching Area 4

6/10

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thunder » 05/19/2012 12:35 PM

Devoc squeaked when the girl conjured the paper out of nowhere. He was a jumpy fellow, easily startled by even small things. He took the paper gingerly and stared down at it. What could he wish for? What kind of great wish would make this tree better? He stared at the tree and then back at the paper. Think, Devoc, think! he ordered himself mentally.

He didn't want to make a wish for himself. That would be selfish, and he doubted it would be good for the tree. After a moment's pause, he looked back up at the girl. "I- I wish," he stammered, "I wish that all the good people in the world can reach their dreams." Devoc dearly hoped that was a good wish.

((Searching Area 1, 4/10))

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 05/20/2012 8:08 PM

((Since Eunwon and Kitzu have not posted since the 7th, and it is now the 20th, I’m going to have to disqualify them from the contest. Which means two slots are open. Please, please, PLEASE don’t post for them unless you plan to participate fully. I understand being busy in real life, but it shouldn‘t take more than four or so days to post, please.))

Toxxic:

The woman continued her weeping, seemingly unable to stop. “Oh, I’ve lost it!” she cried, raising a hand to dab at her damp face. “My ring! My wedding ring!” She wailed again, and the fog seemed to grow thicker around her. “I was supposed to be married today.” She didn’t realize that her ‘today’ was actually 200 years ago.  “And I’ve lost my ring! I was sitting near the edge of a cliff!” She pointed near a large drop that had a rocky path leading up to it, just near the grove of trees and roots Laika was sitting on. “And I’ve lost it. It was somewhere near the white lily of the forest. Can you help me find it?” The white lily? That must be some kind of special flower. But wait a minute…if you look up near the top o the precipice, just nearing the middle of the drop, there is a white lily growing on the edge. Now…if only you could get to it, maybe you can find her ring, but be careful not to pluck the flower…or fall to your death.

Thunder:

The girl wrinkled her nose. “Typical,” she muttered, though she was smiling widely, her eyes gleaming with amusement. “You’re just like most humans who try to please the spirits. Thinking of something selfless. It’s a good thing you didn’t wish for something selfish, otherwise…” She chuckled, looking interested and motioned for the tree. “I do hope you can climb. Why don’t you go and hang it up there? Somewhere near the top would be good.” After all, you can’t have something for nothing. There had to be effort involved, right?

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: Millie's Spring Contest Event [2 Slots open 5/20!]

Postby Redd » 05/20/2012 8:29 PM

"See, the tiny fairy sees reason." Allie retorted, folding her arms across her chest. "Even if she might be some figment of both of our imaginations. Somehow." She didn't try to argue just how both of them were seeing and hearing this tiny fairy, or the oversized Chombones heading towards them. Allie scratched the back of her head idly, before visibly jumping back, barely able to contain her arms from flailing. "Shhh-" She hissed, resisting the urge to melt back into her Kuhna form and puff up like an irritated cat.

"Oh no. It's so much bigger than the other Chombones I've seen." Naomi exclaimed, backing up a few paces. She turned her head to her older caretaker, a pleading expression in her eyes. "Allie what do we do?"

Allie scowled at the bigger creature, an all too familiar feeling sinking in her stomach. She'd been in this situation before; it was a robbery on a big house, and on an earlier visit neither of them had noted the large Baskerville that patrolled the property, and of course, much later when her and Match had gone to hit up the house, the slower Kuhna and her had run into the brute. Match had the cargo, so it had been up to Allie to take care of the dog.

"I'm going to hate this but. Ugh. You sneak off on my signal. I'll take care of this brute." Allie clenched her teeth. Man, that had been the scariest night of her career, she'd barely escaped with her tails and limbs intact, and now she was going to have to relive it? Still, she'd try. Losing the creature would prove interesting.

"Hey, you!" She barked at the Chombones, taking a few paces forward and pulling herself out of her slouch and up to full height. She decided against angering it for now, just to try and catch it's attention.
Now, to bait it. A devilish grin played on her face as she quickly sidestepped, darting to one side of the creature, and took a few paces back. Hopefully the noise and the quick movement would draw the creature's attention exclusively to her.

Searching Area 5
6/10

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: Millie's Spring Contest Event [2 Slots open 5/20!]

Postby Kylo » 05/20/2012 8:30 PM

ImageImage

Sedimus was not normally one for pinics or egg hunting but he had been informed that he could win great prizes. Deciding that just maybe he would find something nice for his younger siblings he decided to the hunt along with his younger brother Likaro.

"Isn't this exciting Sedimus? We might find you a new bunny or maybe a bird as a new pet! I know you've been missing Hallow."

"That we just might. I hope you have fun with this Likaro, but be sure not to push yourself too hard. I wouldn't want you to get ill."

"I'll be careful I promise!"

Likaro giggled and looked around at pinic tables that were full of food. Children ran around laughing and screaming in delight. Likaro smiled happily and walked over to the tables hoping to find the person to talk to so he and his brother could join the hunt.

"Where do you suppose this Boris is at Likaro?"

"I don't know brother. Maybe he's busy with the other participants?"

"I suppose so. Let's wait at one of the tables until he gives us the okay to start. We wouldn't want to not follow the rules now would we?"

"Alright Sed!"

With that the two brothers sat down at one of the tables to patiently wait for Boris to arrive and give them the okay. Sedimus watched the young child with a smile thinking of how his little brother had once been able to run around and play like that. Now he was more restricted in what and how much he could do without putting too much strain  on his frail body.

Falling from grace, I watch it all come apart
Knowing I could've changed it all from the start
I can't breathe, I need to break free
From the anger that is constantly inside of me
Falling from grace, I watch it all come apart
Knowing I could've changed it all from the start
I can't breathe, I need to break free
From the anger that is constantly inside of me
"Fighting Myself" by Linkin Park

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer