Almost large enough to be considered a theme park while remaining free to the public, Terrace Park is rumored to have been the site of the Grand Hollowheart's defeat, leading to the Hollowhearts first accepting a pact with humans. (+2 Fame, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Terrace Park

Re: Millie's Spring Contest Event [2 Slots open 5/20!]

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 05/20/2012 8:37 PM

Oh, the poor woman, how awful to have lost her wedding ring... And on her wedding day too. Laika still wasn't sure about what she was, but she couldn't just not help her...

She looked up at the drop, and frowned. She could just about see a little white flower at the top, all alone on that peak, but it was quite a climb... And the rocks didn't look particularly stable. She frowned and hesitated, but she couldn't leave the woman in such distress. She began to climb the path to the drop, walking slowly to prevent any unnecessary falls...

When she got there, she was panting, but she immediately began to search the area around the flower for any sign of the dropped ring. She made sure not to touch the flower, though, just in case she damaged it... or it damaged her!

Searching Area 4

7/10
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2201
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 05/20/2012 9:14 PM

Talcen:

Boris scowled as he glanced up from his book, seeing the two newest participants lounging around on the bench. “Hey!” he barked, setting the old tome down carefully and smoothing it over with his tiny claws. He marched on over, looking annoyed. “You.” He pointed a little claw in their direction. He might be more menacing if he wasn’t so darn adorable. “Get off my benches! If you want to join the contest., then do it. But don’t lounge around like lazy good-for-nothings!” He turned to stalk off (Adorably) and return to his book with an (Adorable) scowl on his face. “People always comin’ in and bothering me.” He snorted and turned a page (adorably). “Can’t get a moment’s peace.”

((Welcome aboard! Your ten posts begins now! Please make sure to read the rules, and have fun!))

Krypto:

“Crazy! Crazy!” The fairy accused, pointing her finger wildly in Allie’s direction. “You’re crazy!” But it was too late for her to say anymore. She clenched her little hands in Naomi’s shirt, holding on tight as the Chombones slowly turned it’s empty, unblinking eyes towards Allie. It made a sort of hissing noise, it’s fur standing on end like a cat, but made no move towards her. Sitting just behind it…there was something strange. Something round and polka dotted with some kind of weird thing going on with it. Could this be the egg? Maybe so. Whatever you’re going to do to distract the Chombones, better do it now, and grab that egg, quick!

Toxxic:

The ring, of course, had been there for nearly 200 years. There was no way it would still be there…right? Well, good thing for Laika, that the old, nearly rusted through, and decrepit ring had fallen in such a way that the lily had grown right up through the middle. The woman followed after her, the fog and dark clouds hanging around her flickering form as she wept openly and loudly. “There it is,” she cried. “The ring. Please, oh please. Can you get it for me. If you do, I can help you find what you’re looking for!” She held out her hand; obviously, Laika was meant to put it on her ghostly finger.

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 05/20/2012 9:35 PM

Laika frowned as the ghostly woman pointed out the ring, and demanded that it be put on her finger. How was she supposed to get it, when the lily had grown up through it? She would need to break the lily stem, or at the very least damage the plant... What was she going to do?

She grit her teeth in frustration. She didn't want to break the lily stem; the flower was so beautiful, and it seemed like quite a rare example. But she also didn't want to let the woman down, especially when she had been searching for it for so long...

She decided to look at the stem closely, to see if there were a way to remove the ring without damaging the plant... Ah! The way the petals were arranged seemed to indicate that they could be twisted in such a way to narrow the bud without pulling them off or squishing it. Carefully and slowly, she slid the ring up the stem and worked it over the bud, until at last it came free!

Leaving the lily to uncurl on it's own, she bounded back towards the ghostly woman. "Here's your ring!" She called out happily to her, as she went to place it on the woman's ghostly finger...

Searching Area 4

8/10
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 05/20/2012 9:50 PM

Sedimus was taken aback at how seemingly rude this Boris was towards them though his younger brother didn't seem much bothered by it and instead gigle at him. "You're so cute! We're sorry for being lazy Mr. Boris but we'll get to work right away, right Sedimus?"

"Uh yeah sure."

With that Likaro got up and began to SEARCH the area for any signs of an egg while Sedimus followed close behind him looking around carefully. It was not long before Sedimus grew bored of the cheery place but reminded himself that he was here for his little brother. Forcing a smile back on his face he continued to search around with his brother.

"How about you take a little break Likaro and get something to drink? I don't want you getting dehydrated."

"Alright Se, but then we go right back to searching alright?"

"Alright."

Sedimus smiled as he brother sat down at the pinic table and took a long drink of some nice bottled water. Sedimus grabbed a bottle for himself as well and looked around the table. Maybe the egg was hidden inside one of the baskets? No that couldn't be. It would be rude to hide something in someone else's stuff, right?

"Can we go now Sed? It's been fifteen minutes. Please?" Likaro looked up at his brother with big puppy eyes and hoped he would say yes.

"Yes we can go. Just don't push it."

"I know Sed!"
[1]

Falling from grace, I watch it all come apart
Knowing I could've changed it all from the start
I can't breathe, I need to break free
From the anger that is constantly inside of me
"Fighting Myself" by Linkin Park

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 314
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 05/20/2012 10:06 PM

Toxxic:

The ring slowly slid onto the woman’s finger, a strange feat considering the finger wasn’t solid. With a teary-eyed smiled, she lifted her hand and gazed adoringly at the ancient ring, which slowly began to become as ghostly and transparent as she was. Even as it happened, the ring also seemed to revert back to the look it held in it’s glory days, nearly 200 years ago, when a loving man had placed it on his beloved wife’s finger. As the woman stood, her gaze brightening and her body lightening until it was nearly nonexistent, the shadowy figure of a man in an ancient suit appeared beside her, holding out his hand and beckoning for her to follow. With a smile, she gently placed her newly ringed hand in his, and turned to leave the mortal realm. Before she disappeared, however, she turned back to Laika. “Thank you,” she whispered, her voice distant and faraway. “For your kindness, I will help you in your search.” The woman linked her arm with the shadowy specter of the man, and the two strolled off into the distance, growing fainter, and less visible until they were gone completely. In place of the woman, sitting there on the ground, was a strange egg. A ghostly version of the egg the contest was giving away, it seemed to shine with an eerie light. Maybe if you open it, you’ll get your prize.

Talcen:

This area was perfect for families. With the food all spread out and laid out, and the picnic table full of cheerful, talkative people all chowing down and enjoying the summer sunshine. There didn’t seem to be anything unusual here (unless you counted the very odd sight of a moving hotdog, which, because it was being hijacked by a group of ants, looked as though it was floating along the ground). It might be best if you move on; your chances of finding something here are poor.

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 05/20/2012 10:12 PM

Laika couldn't help but smile as she watched the ghostly couple fade. At last, the woman would know peace! She turned her attention to the egg, which seemed to be... sort of glowing, with a lovely purple light. It was so beautiful, she almost didn't want to open it, but she was intrigued at the thought of what it could hold...

Eventually, her curiosity became too much for her, and she just had to know what the egg held. She bounced up close to it, and resting both front paws on it, pushed down, until the egg gave a satisfying "crack!" sound. She pulled away the broken pieces of shell to reveal what was inside...

Searching Area 4

9/10

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 05/20/2012 10:23 PM

Didn't do anythin' huh? Allie wavered, unsure as to what to do. The creature wasn't like a dog, or a cat, or any animal of the streets she knew how to deal with. It just... didn't move. Unperturbed, Allie just decided to do all the things that she would do to every animal that she knew of. Goddamn run as fast as she could.

"...Huh." She spotted an egg behind the the creature, and a plan formed in her mind. This was something she might be able to do. Naomi could take the fairy to the sunflower, and she'd grab this egg, and... hope the Chombones stayed still? And then she'd be able to go home, it was an excellent idea. Plus, grabbing things from behind other people's backs and making off with them was her specialty.

"Get. Go!" Allie hissed waving her hands at the pair.

Naomi nodded, made sure the fairy was still secure on her shoulder and cautiously backed off, before turning in the direction that the fairy had pointed out earlier. Despite also seeing the egg, she felt an obligation to deliver this fairy to a new, safe home, and she'd stick to her agreement. "Where now? Are we close?" She whispered, walking as fast as she could. She looked behind her to see if the creature had decided to chase her or stick with Allie.

Allie eyed the creature nervously, before backing up a couple of steps, and then lunging around one side of the creature. The intent here was to use her speed - her most valuable attribute - to get around the creature, grab the egg and then back up just in case the thing took it up in it's mind to chase her around.

Searching Area 5
7/10

Stare in the darkness
Are you scared? Are you free?
I can be fair or a monster
Tell me now, which one do you need?

I can feel teeth tear into me
Rip me to pieces, rock me to sleep
I can feel eyes staring at me
Getting uneasy, ready to feed
I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 892
Donate

Postby Kylo » 05/20/2012 10:27 PM

After searching for at least a hour Sedimus decided that it was time to head over to the next location. Gently taking his brother's hand he began to walk towards the gazebo from which a rateh rloud racket came from. He winced slightly at the loud sounds but kept a smile on his face none the less for his dearest brother.

"You really think we'll find something there brother? It's so noisy and has soo many people. It doesn't seem like a good place to me for hiding an egg."

"Well maybe that Boris would hide an egg there Likaro just to be a bother. He seemed rather rude to me. I know he is being somewhat nice by setting this thing up but he didn't have to be so rude to us back there."

"He's probably just like Vance is all Sed. He means to be nice but isn't very good at it."

Sedimus froze at the mention of his former childhood friend's name. He faught to keep the frown off of his face but failed and squeezed Likaro's hand lightly.

"Let's not talk about him okay Lika?"

Catching his brother's drift Likaro nodded and grew silent. He had forgotten that his brother and Vance had had a falling out, and a rather bad one from what little he had heard of it. Sedimus refused to tell him much and just asked that everyone forget about Vance.

"Oh look Sed we're almost there! Man there's a lot of people dancing! Maybe we should dance a little too!"

Likaro laughed and smiled at his brother trying to lighten up the mood. Sedimus smiled back at him and pulled him into a hug.

"Maybe after we look around a bit there alright?"

((Moving to area 2))[2]

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 05/20/2012 10:33 PM

Toxxic:

The egg shells broke apart, to reveal a small note laying in the bottom of the shell. Scribbled on the note, was what appeared to be some sort of rodent, with horns and a long bushy tail. The note also had some messy hand writing on it. It said;

This pet is not a squirrel,
Not a rodent or a rat.
It’s a combination of many things,
You can be sure of that.
So without a wait, I say goodbye
It’s been a lovely game,
Fare thee well and all that jazz,
Goodbyes are all the same.

((Congratulations, Toxxic! You’ve won a Perevi Drakel! Your prize will be sent shortly! You may make your exit post. Thank you for playing!))

Krypto:

The Chombones, like most creatures with poor depth perception and no peripheral vision, was unable to follow Allie’s speed. Instead of lunging with her, it tripped over it’s own massive paws and ended up tumbling to the opposite side, away from the egg. Now would be a good time to grab it and run! The fairy, meanwhile, hung on for dear life. “Yep!” she cried happily, pointing ahead. “There’s a sunflower. Just up there. I’ll be able to make a lovely new home in it.” She turned to the giant person who’s shoulder she rode on. “Thank you for helping me, even if it was your clumsy oaf of a friend who stepped on my house. I’ll make sure Faechomp won’t chase you out of the flowers.” She smiled secretly. “We fairies have our own special traps set to keep the monster at bay!”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 05/20/2012 11:07 PM

Before too long Sedimus and Likaro arrived at the gazebo and they both looked around at all of the people there noisily dancing and chattering to each other. Sedimus resisted the urge to cover his ears and turn tail and head off somewhere else but Likaro pulled him determinedly towards the band that was playing.

"I want to listen to the band! Besides maybe they hid the egg near them!"

Sedimus sighed inwardly but allowed himself to be drug to the band by Likaro. He looked around carefully and hoped that no one would be dumb enough to hit on his little brother. If they did he would make sure they regretted it. He was not about to allow some random scum try to use his little brother. He had to to protect him from the world...he just had to.

"They're pretty good aren't they Sed? I don't see any eggs though yet. What about you."

Sedimus returned his gaze momentarily to the band and forced a smile, the band was in fact terrible in Sedimus' opinion but he would not tell his brother that. He also looked quickly for any signs of an egg.

"They're alright. I don't see any eggs though Likaro. Maybe we should SEARCH over there."

He pointed to a far less crowded area in the gazebo where it was slightly less noisy and hoped his brother would agree and follow him. He also hoped to stop receiving, what he believed anyway, to be looks of interest towards his brother. Then again it was most likely just Sedimus' paranoia and not anyone atcually checking Likaro out. Sedimus had a tendency to be paranoid over his little brother.

[3]

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 05/20/2012 11:17 PM

(adlkjDSAKJL. One of these days I'll remember to put my post count in... before I post. :'U)

Allie noted the creature's fall and without a moment of hesistation, darted around the side of him and grabbed the egg off the ground, and continued to run a couple of feet away, before pausing to catch her breath and find the others. She gave a backwards glance at the Chombones, not really sure what the initial fuss was about any more. Especially since instead of being dangerous, it had gone and fallen over.

She puffed and stuck her free hand in her pocket, and managed to pick out Naomi and the fairy. She started trudging towards them, this time watching her feet just so they didn't have to help any more fairies find new homes. Dear gods, she'd break down and cry if it came to that.

"Right. Not too far then." Naomi replied brightly, slowing her pace down to a fast walk, since the Chombones wasn't chasing her. She briskly walked in the direction pointed, occasionally slowing her pace down a step or two to examine some of the prettier flowers along the way. She wasn't usually the kind of kid who'd go dreamy eyed over visions of fairies, flowers, nymphs and the like, but she found the whole concept so very surreal and it was like she had managed to step right into a storybook. "Oh, thank you. And it's no problem at all, I'm sorry we caused you the inconvenience." She beamed. "I think that'll comfort my friend very much."

"'Ey kid. Here's your goddamn egg." Allie panted, having jogged the entire way and handing the egg over to Naomi. The girl's expression shifted to a scowl at Allie's words for a split second, before taking the egg from the thief. After catching her breath, Allie turned and noted the sunflower the fairy had pointed to just a moment earlier. "Hey. Look. The sunflower. Excellent. We can go home now. Before that brute decides to get us again." She stated, between breaths.

Searching Area 5
8/10

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 892
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 05/21/2012 1:01 PM

Laika bounced as high as she could in happiness; she had always wanted a pet! She laughed as the confused little creature copied her bouncing, and grinned as she began to think of what to call it. Picking up the Drakel, she began to walk back to the exit whilst hugging the cute creature to her chest. All the things they could do later! The Drakel was scared at first, but soon relaxed in her arms. It never even crossed Laika's mind to question how it had gotten into the egg; she simply accepted it. After all, if there were ghosts and faerie-folk and paragon and sabbits, why shouldn't there be magical eggs with pets inside them?

She passed through the archway she had originally crossed under when she entered the contest, and walked up to the socross that was sitting in the sunlight, reading his book.

"Thank you so much for letting me enter the contest! I had a lot of fun, and gained a new friend. Many thanks!" She skittered away, still holding her new pet in her arms... before running back to the socross. "Again, many thanks! See you next time hopefully!" She bounced away before he could get annoyed, happily planning her afternoon whilst the Drakel fell asleep in her arms...

Exit Post

Many thanks Millie! It's been awesome XD

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thunder » 05/22/2012 4:54 PM

Devoc flushed a little. He didn't pick that wish just to "please spirits"- he really did want to see people succeed. But he said nothing and looked up at the tree, frowning. He wasn't terribly good at climbing... Devoc was short and, although healthy, was not very strong... He thought for a moment before a strange, blue fire emerged from his hands. Even though it looked like a fire, it didn't burn the paper. He let go of the wish, and staring at it very hard, somehow made it float in mid-air.

He gradually raised one hand, and the paper floated upwards, seeming to move with his hand. The blue flames flickered as he tried to concentrate on keeping the paper moving. It wasn't as easy of a task as it looked, especially since there were obstacles he hand to move the paper past like branches and leaves. Eventually he found a good, high branch and tried to get the string around it. Working with the string was difficult though, as it was thin and hard to see from down on the ground.

But somehow, Devoc managed to successfully knot the string around the branch with his space powers. Once it was done, he let out a loud "phew!" and wiped some sweat off of his forehead. He turned back to the little girl, giving her a small smile. "Erm...is that all right?" he asked.

((Searching Area 1, 5/10))

"If everyone is one, none will be afraid."

Pen~Breeders~Trades~Wishes~Rentals
Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 877
Donate

Re: Millie's Spring Contest Event [1 Slot open 5/22!]

Postby MillietheWarrior » 05/28/2012 7:37 PM

((I do apologize for the wait, guys! But now we’re back in business!))

Talcen:

A man was leaning near the side of the gazebo, looking unconcerned with the world as he fiddled with his flute. As he glanced up, he spotted the brothers, and an interested look passed across his face. Well, the Boris fellow had said he was welcome to use the contestants in any way he could. Maybe here he’d find someone to help him. Clutching his instrument in his hand, the man trotted over to the two brothers, looking rather amusing with his goatee and curly, floppy hair. He grinned when he reached them, bending at the waist in an elegant bow. “Good afternoon gentlemen! My name is Paein and it is a pleasure to meet you! I bet you’re here for that contest, aren’t you?” His eyes twinkled with glee, and he laughed. “Oh, but don’t worry about that right now. I actually have a favor to ask of you.” He elbowed Sedimus good naturedly. “Will you help me?” If you do, your chances of finding something here are very good.

Krypto:

The fairy scowled at Allie, but fluttered obligingly down from Naomi’s shoulder. She hovered near the sunflower, and with a wave of her little hands, a door suddenly appeared on the front of the flower. She grinned, turning back to the two girls with an impish expression. “I’ll make sure that nasty Faechomp runs into a little surprise before it can get to you. Thank you for helping me!” She waved, and then indicated the egg, looking rather amused. “You should open that, by the way. You know, before it dissolves.” Indeed, the egg looked rather strange as it appeared and disappeared, seeming to be breaking into different particles. Maybe you should open it?

Thunder:

The little girl looked rather put out. “You were supposed to climb up there yourself. That’s the point of the whole thing!” she growled, stomping her foot in annoyance. Turning her nose up into the air, the girl ‘hmphed’ and crossed her arms. “You’re no fun at all! You cheater!” But he had completed the task she’d asked him to do, so she was bound by her words to help him find the egg. Grumbling to herself, she pointed over to the picnic table. “Behind the watermelon, you’ll find what you’re looking for.”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: Millie's Spring Contest Event [1 Slot open 5/22!]

Postby Redd » 05/28/2012 8:31 PM

Allie gave a sigh of relief at the fairy's words. That thing was not... scary, nor dangerous (well, if you weren't a tiny fairy, or at least had some speed about you) it just... was creepy. She never had been one for small animals, since most were posted as guard dogs and as a Kuhna, that just wasn't what you wanted.
Still, the fact that it wasn't going to bother them any more made the sullen Citrus Kuhna-woman brighten up significantly. Well, it was either that or the fact that she got to go home soon.
"Thank Zu'hai for that." Was all she said in reply to the fairy, however.

Naomi nodded, already having thanked the fairy. Her expression shifted to one of surprise when the fairy made a door in the flower, but immediately that surprise's subject swapped to the egg. "Oh." She gasped in surprise when she noticed it starting to dissolve in her hands. "I better open this then, right?" She looked up at Allie for confirmation.

Allie wasn't really paying attention, so when she turned around to glance at Naomi, she came face-to-face with the girls eyes. "Oh you were talking to me. Right, yeah whatever you want." She shrugged. "That was the point of this, right?"
Naomi nodded and applied some pressure on the egg, until it began to slowly split open.

Searching Area 5
9/10

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd