Almost large enough to be considered a theme park while remaining free to the public, Terrace Park is rumored to have been the site of the Grand Hollowheart's defeat, leading to the Hollowhearts first accepting a pact with humans. (+2 Fame, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Terrace Park

S6:Toxic, Fire, Tal, Cookie, Middy, Silv, & Thunder [Terrace

Postby ToxicShadow » 06/11/2012 6:27 PM

(Just a reminder: there is no posting order. Post as you will, just don't double post.)

The young top hat wearing woman couldn't keep still as she awaited the arrival of some other "adventurers." Perhaps hunting for eggs wasn't all that grand of an adventure, but she had heard a secret. Rumor had it that not only were their eggs hidden within the depths of the park, but also some magical artifacts or even that the eggs themselves had spectacular properties. Now, Toxic didn't know the exact details, but it seemed worth pursuing, even if only for the fun of something to do. Going at it alone, however, couldn't possibly be fun, so she had thrown flayers around everywhere she went, hoping to attract a little attention.

"Hopefully, someone arrives soon," she mused, glancing down at the huge pile of baskets that she had gathered up especially for this, it not even occurring to her that she may have overdone it.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2854
Donate

Re: S6: Toxic, Fire, Tal, Cookie and Middy [Terrace]

Postby Kylo » 06/11/2012 6:34 PM

Since the boy had been far too lazy earlier to get out and do anything he figured he may as well use his last chance to grab some eggs. He had found the pamflet strewn on the ground and had come right away. He adjusted his steampunk goggles over his tiny mechanical head and looked around curiously before spotting the top hat wearing women. He smiled and ran over towards her grinning. "Hello! You're Toxic right? I'm here to hunt eggs with you! My name's Talcen."

Falling from grace, I watch it all come apart
Knowing I could've changed it all from the start
I can't breathe, I need to break free
From the anger that is constantly inside of me
"Fighting Myself" by Linkin Park

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 309
Donate

Postby Cookie » 06/11/2012 6:37 PM

Tiamit had received this invitation for a egg hunt, but wasn't quite sure if he was in the right place. But off in the distance he saw a strange woman with a top hat on, and a bunch of baskets around her. At first wondered if that was who sent the invite, but who else would be out here with baskets galore? He approached her kind of cautiously, just in case. "Uh... excuse me miss?" he took out a invitation paper from his pocket and handed it out to her "Did you by chance send these out? I'm here for the egg hunt, if you did." Tiamit was rather shy and soft spoken, and who knew if she even heard him. "I just saw the baskets here and figured you were the one who sent them."

Only then did he notice the Velix who he somehow missed before.
Cookie
Pets | Items

Postby SpringsSong » 06/11/2012 6:37 PM

ImageImageImage

"Come on, Mother!  Hurry up, Father!  We're almost there!"

The voice that said this had to belong to a younger girl, maybe in her early teens.  She came crashing into the park--almost into the pile of baskets--but she did not seem to mind too much.  However, the two who came into the park after her--a slightly tanned man with dark green hair and strange white tattoos all over his body, and a woman with pale skin, a scar over one eye, a bandana with the Purine's colors on her arm, a silver-and-sapphire necklace, and a Wood Garudor feather tucked into her black-and-blue hair--did not seem as amused.

"Youko.  You should know better than to run off like that," the man scolded, but the older woman laughed as she shook her head.

"Let her be a child for a few moments, Yuki dear," she said.  "After all, it's not every day you get to go on an Easter egg hunt!"

"Don't tell me that you're eager about this whole event, too, my sweet..." Yuki replied, and the woman with black-and-blue hair laughed.

"Loosen up, dear!  We've been trapped in our den in Idalani for too long.  Let's have some fun!" she said, and the other girl smiled as she nodded.

"Yeah, Father!  Mother's right!" she said, noticing the woman in the top hat.  "Oh!  Hello there!  Who are you?" she asked cheerfully.  Mentally, Yuki was shaking his head at his daughter's attitude.
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Postby Middy » 06/11/2012 6:39 PM

Flake hadn't had the chance to come out of his office in so long that he almost forgot what the sun looked like! He looked back down down at the flier that was posted outside when he was out making a rare shopping trip. It seemed like a good opportunity to actually do something else besides chemistry and science, something actually... fun was it? He almost bumped into a woman wearing a top hat and quickly backed away in surprise.

"Oh um... excuse me miss? You sent these out right? I.. am interested in joining in," he accidentally dropped the flier when his hand twitched, gasping he immediately reached back down to pick it back up. He took another look around noticing that he wasn't the only one joining in, thankfully.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 06/11/2012 6:46 PM

"Oh, yes, indeed, I am!" The woman said, a small smile coming to her face as she gazed down at the Velix. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Talcen." In no way did she mind that that he was a Velix, in fact, she had a few friends of the same sort at home. "I must say, I do like your goggles."

It only took a handful of moments for her attention to be drawn elsewhere, and she approached the man as he showed her the paper that she had strewn about everywhere. "Yes, that was definitely mine!"

Before she could introduce herself properly, however, they were joined by a few more guests. A family, it seemed, and another man. "Yes, we're having the Easter egg hunt right here! My name is Toxic, and it is wonderful to meet all of you!" As she introduced herself, she tipped her top hat in a polite gesture.

"I brought baskets for everyone, in case pockets and things aren't suitable."

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 06/11/2012 6:50 PM

Youko smiled brightly.  "It's nice to meet you, Toxic!  My name's Youko, and these are my parents~" she said, pointing back at the other two with her.  The woman was the first to speak, stepping forth and giving a slight curtsey as she did so.

"My name is Taliña Lanwë.  You may have heard of me before, and you may have not--it does not matter to me either way," she said as she laughed cheerily.  "It is truly delightful that you decided to hold this little gathering."

"Indeed it is," Yuki replied.  "I am known as Yuki, and as Youko said, Taliña and I are her parents.  It is a delight to meet you," he said.

"Ooooh!  Baskets!  That will definitely be helpful, won't it, Mother?" Youko asked as she grabbed one, moving to run off to search for eggs.

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 06/11/2012 6:58 PM

It was impossible for the woman not to smile as Youko introduced herself, glad to see someone else so excited about the event. Normally, Toxic may have been a little... out of her element in such matters, but her own excitement made these things much easier.

"Taliña," she tested out the somewhat older-appearing woman's name, and nodded. "Yes, I have heard of it before, just vaguely, but nothing ill." Being a Lucain herself, even if not by choice, Toxic had made a point to at least familiarize herself with the names of other well-known Lucain.

"Yuki means 'snow,' does it?" Her question, quite obviously, was directed to the man with them.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Cookie » 06/11/2012 6:58 PM

Oh dear, that's a lot of people. There seemed to be a small family here too. "My name's Tiamit, I'm pleased to meet you." Tiamit picked up one of the baskets, looking over to the family of three. The child of the family was already off searching for eggs, and he decided to follow behind and try to make friends. Tia wasn't too much older than her from the looks of it, and he didn't have a lot of friends his own age. Hopefully her parents wouldn't think he was some kind of creep. "Hey, wait for me!" he called, looking around for eggs as well.
Cookie
Pets | Items

Postby Kylo » 06/11/2012 6:59 PM

Talcen picked up the smallest basket he could find and actually grasp with his tiny forearms. He then turned to the family and smiled "Yuki? That means snow right? Can I call you Snowy? Please?" He smiled and his tiny lights flashed in excitement across his body. He then noticed the twitching man and smiled at him. "Oh hello there! I'm Talcen." The poor little velix seemed unable to stay focused on really much of anything for too long so far.

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 06/11/2012 7:07 PM

"Er..."

Yuki seemed a bit dumbfounded when the Velix asked him if he could call him Snowy; however, he turned his attention to Toxic first as he nodded and laughed.  "Yes, my name does mean snow--my mother decided to name my sister and I after 'fire' and 'snow', but alas, my sister did not live to see life beyond the ship we were born on.  However, her spirit lives on in mine and Tali's daughter."

"Ah, have you, now?" Taliña said, laughing slightly.  In her mind, she was wondering whether Toxic had heard of her because of her large family, or from the war--oh well, no matter; she could only smile as she saw Youko turn around when the other boy called out for her to wait up.

"Hello there!" she called happily, although she still continued searching around for eggs.  "What's your name~?  Mine's Youko!"

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 06/11/2012 7:07 PM

Flake grabbed for the basket, only barely being able to pick it up but he found himself managing to carry it now. His condition was going to end up embarrassing him he just knew it! He looked back up at the others that had joined in, a family of three with a rather hyper daughter, a man around 18, and a... was that a dinosaur? Flake wiped the embarrassed blush from his face and brushed his lab-coat off. "S-So where do we start?" he gasped just remembering that he forgot his name, "Oh so sorry! My name is Flake, or.. that is what people call me." Maybe he should keep quiet until he knew these people better lest his nervousness get to him any more.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby Kylo » 06/11/2012 7:15 PM

"I like you Flake! You twitch like me!" He laughed and his lights flashed again as he head butted him lightly. "I want to partner up with you! Can I? Can I? Please~?" He swung his little basket as he looked around before getting distracted by a butterfly and chasing after it trying to eat it. Once the butterfly faced a gruesome demise he ran back over laughing and ran around Flake in circles. "So so so Flake are you going to be my partner?"

((Yes I am this bad off my meds. I'm not even kidding.))

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 06/11/2012 7:16 PM

"I'm sorry for your loss," Toxic replied, slowly, seeming rather sincere. Having not come from Evelon, she had left behind a lot of family and, now, didn't know rather they were alive or dead. "But I do like your name."

Her gaze shifted back to Taliña rather quickly. "Yes, I've done... a lot of research about Evelon, you could say." Taliña's name had turned up on more than one occasion, but Toxic felt it rather rude to make comments on it. After all, she didn't know the woman, personally, nor did she know Yuki.

"Oh, if you'd excuse me!" She hurried to grab three baskets, offering one to each Yuki and Tali as well, while keeping one to herself. "Might as well have some fun, too."

She turned away from them to address Flake, a very interesting man, if she did say so herself. "Oh, well, anywhere, really. I've heard that there are eggs all over the place." Her words came with a warm smile. "It's nice to meet you, Flake. The main idea is to have fun and maybe we'll discover something interesting!"

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Cookie » 06/11/2012 7:21 PM

"My name's Tiamit. You have a... strange name, but its very pretty." he offered a small smile, looking for eggs. "So you're here with your family?" he asked, wishing his own was here too. But alas, he didn't think they would enjoy something like this or have the time. Something seemed rather off about the man in the lab coat, so he decided to keep an eye on him just in case. Dealing with enough crazy people at home, he didn't want to get involved with another one. He could see the others still talking, and figured the girl in the top hat was probably around his age too.
Cookie
Pets | Items

Next