Almost large enough to be considered a theme park while remaining free to the public, Terrace Park is rumored to have been the site of the Grand Hollowheart's defeat, leading to the Hollowhearts first accepting a pact with humans. (+2 Fame, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Terrace Park

Small steps (P) (Lii Anne and me)

Postby ShadowStitches » 07/15/2012 12:06 PM

(bad title is bad)

They finally had managed to drag him out here...
After a little over a week of not setting one foot out of their flat, Ari of all people managed, after talking to him for literally hours, to
finally get him to go out with her.  She picked a nice little cafe, away from the city and too many people.
Still, Dex had the feeling like he was in the middle of a battlefield, with a huge red bullseye drawn on his back.
He knew she was still out there. The newspaper did write about the dead body not too far away from a club, drained of all his blood, but they did not mention that the killer was found. since then he first tried to gather
as much information about the case as he could, and then tried to shove all of the memories as somehow possible. He did not tell the police anything. He was far too scared that, if she would find out, she would...come and get him.

And now, after all that, he was sitting infront of a hot cocoa that was slowly getting cold. alone. Ari had
promised a other friend to pick something up for them, and she ran out of the cafe when she got a phonecall,
promising him to be back in an hour. the cafe was relatively empty, and the people who where sitting here looked all friendly and very unlikely to get dangerous in any way, he still sat as far away as possible from everyone, an aura of sheer terror surrounding him. It was surprising that he was not visibly shaking, while he stared at the table, the cup, and sometimes risked a look out of the window or towards the other people.
He avoided looking at the newspapers that lay on the neighbor table like it was something disgusting or dangerous tho. After a while of doing nothing but being scared out of his skin, he finally and shakily produced a slightly chewed up pencil out of his pocket, and began to draw on a napkin in front of him. Drawing always somehow relaxed him...maybe this time it would help too.

(I dont know if you want them to be in human or in pet form, which was why i was not too specific. he can draw in his kuhna form too^^)
Cannot say, I'm breaking the rules
If I can glue em back together.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 672
Donate

Re: Small steps (P) (Lii Anne and me)

Postby Lii Anne » 07/15/2012 2:19 PM

She'd somehow managed to get herself bogged down with life. Between balancing her education, which had recently come to an end for the summer, her need to have a place to live, and her inability to go without proper socialization for more than a day, Fiona rarely found time for herself - not that she even wanted such a thing. It was a down day, today, however. She was off work for the day - in fact, the next four days. The place didn't think to give a struggling young lady money to afford her home,- and somehow all of her friends managed to be busy at the same time.

Or.. were they ignoring her? Fiona didn't even think of that, didn't care to, and after only a few hours sitting alone in her third-floor apartment, she was already sick of the solitude. Okay. Today would be a day of new things. Though... what exactly, she wasn't quite sure of.

It wasn't long before she'd spiffed herself up, left her house and made her way to the streets, examining each and every building until one caught her eye. The outsides of it were simple, a brick wall with a sign above the wooden door reading "Crystal Cafe" in elegant cursive. Simple - yet just enough to catch her bright eyes and lure her in. Within its walls, she ordered a mocha cappuccino and scanned the place for someone to victimize. Er, talk to.

((Hmm, let's go with human? And bad title doesn't really matter xD))
Lii Anne
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 60
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 07/15/2012 6:44 PM

(alrighty then :D)

Dex sighed when he put the pen down and examined what he actually drew there. it was some pretty random stuff, nothing special, some faces, something that looked like a car, a sort of creature...
but it all had a certain...dark mood to it. he just recently began to draw and paint again, and since the incident everything he did he could not really show anyone without them thinking that he was a psychopath.
even the little scribbles on the napkin seemed more and more disturbing the longer he stared at them.

"can I bring you anything else, honey?" he quite literary jumped when the waitress went by his table, her question sounding somehoq concerned. "w..what?" he stammered, looking at her like she was a ghost, before catching at least a tiny bit of his cool again and shoving the scribbles to the side. He looked at his untouched cocoa like he just realized that it was there. "oh. no, I-Im good, thanks" he managed to choke out,avoiding to really look at her.

The waitress nodded and threw him a very concerned look, before hurriyng on.
Her appereance somehow pulled him back into the here and now again, and he did not really like that.
the cafe was a little more filled then it was before he began to scribble arround. just now, there was a
girl walking into the cafe, looking around. he did not know why, but his gaze somehow stuck to her.
when he realized that he was pretty much staring at her through the room, he quickly looked down,
grabbed at his cocoa and wished himself far away from this, at least to him, dangerous and scary place...

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Lii Anne » 07/15/2012 8:51 PM

Everyone seemed unfamiliar, not attention-catching, bland. No one seemed worthy of attention, not that she was able to notice. At least, it was that way for a little while. Shortly before she was about to give up and find somewhere else to force someone else to socialize with her, out of the corner of her eye she noticed a young man sitting by himself, off away from everyone else. Fiona had noticed his eyes on her, which brought a smile to her face.

Awh, she'd caught someone's attention. How wonderful. She knew who she would be meeting today now.

She sipped at her cappucinno quickly, and then weaved her way through the tables and people towards the boy that had caught her eye. Without a hello or anything signifying her presence beforehand, she pulled out a chair opposite to him, crossed her arms on the table, and leaned foreward.

"Hi, I'm Fiona. You are?" She asked, and then flashed the boy a friendly smile. She noticed that the napkin beside him had something scribbled on it, and went to reach over and see what exactly it was.
Lii Anne
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 07/16/2012 3:13 AM

This time, he did pay attention to his surroundings more, and thus was not really surprised by her appearance.
still, he was...quite overwhelmed by her entrance. he even shrinked back a little when she leaned forward. not the obviously unfriendly variant, more a...instinctive sceptic form of it. He might was an emotional swiss cheese and paranoid at the moment, but he was not impolite.

Still, it took him a while to know how to deal with this sort of situation, without panicking. First impression to him was a nice young girl. a little in your face, but nice. then again, Shahar seemed nice too at first...
she ended up sucking the blood of a guy in front of his eyes... the though of that was giving him a headache.
he still tried his best to return her smile, which failed quite spectacularly

"Dexter...I mean Dex" he corrected himself, his voice sounding meek. wow. even his entrance was wrong. he never introduced himself as 'Dexter'. "nice to meet you Fiona" he did not intend it to sound like it, but the last sentence actually seemed more like a question then a statement. He could not help it tho. he already was socially awkward before the incident, and what happened...did not exactly help. still, the 'old Dexter'
would have done better. When she reached over to the napkin, a small sound escaped him, that resembled a yelp of a kicked puppy. "ah...eh...those. you dont...they are...not very good." he stammered frantically
but not really forceful. he could not really rip the napkin out of her reach, could he.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Lii Anne » 07/16/2012 12:56 PM

He seemed nervous with her around, on the edge. He either had problems talking to girls, or was just generally socially awkward. Fiona wasn't going to let that get in her way, but this could either become wonderful fun, or get annoying fast, depending on how he acted about it. She'd dealt with many socially awkward people in her life, so he wasn't anything new to her... figuratively. Literally, he was as new as could be. She'd never seen his face before, she was sure.

"Dexter. Dex. Okay." Fiona stated, leaning back in to her seat. She felt no need to make this any worse for him than it already seemed to be. She kept the napkin, however, and looked it over. "They're interesting," she stated with a smile before sliding it back across the table. "You draw them?" The answer seemed obvious, given that there was no one else there, but she wanted some way to start a conversation. His interests seemed like a better option than bombarding him with things revolving around her.

Her eyes continued to scan the area, merely out of habit. Uninteresting and more uninteresting. Hopefully she'd be able to get a few good words out of Dex here.
Lii Anne
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 07/16/2012 7:58 PM

He watched her closely, tho avoiding too much eye contact. to be honest, he was surprised that she was not already driven away by his inpolite manner. He was not sure if that was a good or a bad thing, however.
He registred that she was leaning back, as if wanting to leave him some space. it irked him however that she got that napkin...

"thanks" he said lowly, even blushing a little. it was a much bigger compliment for him if someone thought his pictures where interisting, not 'great' or something like that. He finally looked up at her eyes when she slid him back the  paper. he saw that her gaze was drifting through the room, and for some reason, the thought of her going away was not a releaving as he thought it would be. Most likely, tho it stressed him big time, because
a conversation partner forced him to concentrate on something else then horrifying memories and the fear of being jumped and killed any second. "yeah I...I I study art at the moment so..." he fumbled uneasily with the napkin, before asking "what d-do you do? do you study something too ...or work?" this question seemed to be quite hard for him to ask, but for some reason, he decidet that he wanted her to stay for now. h just hoped she would not scurry off to find someone less boring and jittery

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Lii Anne » 07/16/2012 11:27 PM

Fiona was way too aware of how uneasy he was, and she wasn't about to force him to do anything more than minimal interaction.. He didn't even seem to like that much. Oh well, he'd get used to it if she had anything to say about it. Currently, she had something to say about it, as well. It was a perfect little situation for her.

He liked art. Okay, this was a good start. Art was interesting - not exactly her thing, but something she could find a way to work with that. He was at least trying to return conversation, as well, which was also good. Obviously he didn't find her too bad. Beautiful. Fiona sort of wanted to know why he was so anxious, but she wasn't about to ask.

"I'm going to become a youth councellor," Fiona stated in response, uncrossing one of her arms and supporting her chin on it. "So, I'm currently in school for that... Well, not right now, but when school starts back up I'll be starting my second year."
Lii Anne
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 07/18/2012 9:03 AM

(sorry for the lame-ness here, I'm kind of waiting for a call, so I'll have to get this done pretty quickly^^'')

He looked up when she mentioned what she was currently learning. "oh! one of my friends wants to become a
Youth Counselor too" he seemed to be a little less jittery, not really easy either, but at least he was a little less pale. Actually, he was afraid before that she had anything to do with art or, worse, writing, because then this would spiral more and more into a sort of horrific deja vu. a nice young woman who picked him of all people to talk to, at a crowded place, and who was not pushed away by his shyness? is she would have been an author too, it very much would have sent him running screaming out of the door. this however was...different enough to not make him freak out too much. besides, bright daylight was shinging in through the windows...vampires did not
wander around at day, did they?
"I...I can imagine that its quite interisting...but also a lot of...responsibility"

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Lii Anne » 07/18/2012 11:55 AM

((That's okay. I was rushed too.))

"Really? It's... a nice thing. Time consuming, and from what I've seen it might be a bit stressful, but rewarding." Fiona had always found something good in helping others, and given her own less-than-perfect adolescence, the idea of giving others the help she didn't try and get appealed to her.  She noticed that he seemed just a little bit more calm now. Okay, that was a good thing. She was also thinking about what he said - one of his friends wanted to go down the same path... Was he or she doing that? Did they go to the same school, if so? She knew quite a few people, and for all she knew, one of them could be his friend.

"I'm good with responsibility and the likes," she added, mostly to herself than anything.
Lii Anne
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 07/20/2012 11:33 AM

"yeah she wants to start school next semester...I forgot the name of the school tho" a small smile flickered over his face "maybe it's even yours" he listened curiously, then nodded "I can imagine that. its...great to see that its revarding to you. far too much people just pick a job because...i dont know, the money they can make, but not to actually help or do something good or...rewarding." whoa. that was a whole scentence! he seemed to be a little surprised by that himself, because he stopped for once to fumble with the now rather destroyed napkin.

on the last comment he said carefully " I...I could never do something like...you do. i mean" now the shy smile turned a little more grim "I'm not the most...relaxed guy, if you...have not noticed yet" A shy look to the side "but aside from that I could not...i dont know...deal with responsibility I guess. so...I respect you for what you do"

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Lii Anne » 07/28/2012 1:48 PM

She waited until he finished speaking before she responded, polite as she always tried to be. "I bet she'll love it. Only three of four first years seem to drop out each year.. At least, for the two years I've done it. At this school." Maybe it was different elsewhere, but she had no experience from elsewhere. Therefore, Fiona went from what she knew. She also knew that he was seeming to let go of his nervousness around her just a little bit, or it at least seemed that way... less stuttering and stammering, sentences. Success. Fiona Mae Atkins was winning once again.

She adjusted her arms and rested her head in them as she let him explain things. "Yeah, I took notice of your nervous. I hope I didn't make that worse or anything. I have a habit of not caring what people think and forcing them to associate with me." He didn't seem to find it bad, at least from what she had observed. She hadn't helped really, but he hadn't tried to get rid of her. "Well, I don't do much yet. But soon. One more year. Then you can respect me because honestly, right now, I only have the responsibilities of the average broke college girl." One year of school and then she could quit her cafe job and do something good with her life.

She was rambling now, wasn't she. Note to self, still need to get rid of rambling, she thought to herself.
Lii Anne
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 08/01/2012 8:49 PM

(gosh so sorry, I'm kind of stressed and unmotivated at the moment.
)

a weak smile showed on his face when she told him about her school. It was good to hear what she had to say.
"I will tell her that...will probably hype her up even more" he sad the last bit with a bit of a annoyed tone,
something that was pretty...surprising to hear from someone like him. his frend must be quite some hands full if she got even him annoyed...

His eyes went a little wide when she mentioned his nervousness "oh no, no no you did not make it worse...its just...me." he obviously was not ready to tell her yet why he was pretty much constanly seconds away from a heart attack...
He could sense a sort of bitterness in her words at the last part, and turned his head slightly. "yeah, I...I think I know what you mean." he said. "in art school we had to do some pretty boring and unsatisfying things before we even could think about drawing what we want. but...its even more fun once you finally get to do what you really want" he said sheepishly

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate