Almost large enough to be considered a theme park while remaining free to the public, Terrace Park is rumored to have been the site of the Grand Hollowheart's defeat, leading to the Hollowhearts first accepting a pact with humans. (+2 Fame, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Terrace Park

Dave: Catch up with the Witch. (Self, L)

Postby Thunder » 09/02/2012 5:02 PM

(Note: The following RP will likely contain traces of Dave x Jade, so if you don't like the shipping then don't read! There may also be some spoilers if you haven't caught up with Homestuck.)

It was a warm autumn day in this weird place called Evelon.

Dave had been in this world for quite some time now, two months at least. He had been in the middle of a game called Sburb with his friends, but somehow the game threw them into Evelon without any warning. He got turned into a feathery asshole just like how his alternate time clone turned himself into feathery orange creamsicle Davesprite, and while he was aware that creatures in this world could take on human forms, so far he hadn't been able to work out how. Sometimes Dave would wake up in his human form only to turn back into a Corbine later. He supposed that being a crow had its uses, like being able to fly, but it was a mostly inconvenient matter.

He had laughed when he found John and saw that John became a goddamned dog. Finding his best bro made him hope that his other chums were around, but so far John was the only one he had run into. Dave heard rumors that Karkat was somewhere in Evelon, and Jade too, and perhaps even Terezi, but all of his searches proved futile. He didn't have a device with Pesterchum on it, so he couldn't exactly IM anyone. He decided that the only thing to do was to ask around and hope for some word of his friends.

And so Dave found himself in Terrace Park. He questioned some passersby about sightings of a snarky gray-skinned troll with nubby candycane horns, or a bucktoothed girl with round glasses and a ridiculously optimistic attitude, or a cackling blind girl who liked stuffing chalk into her mouth. But no one had heard of any of these people. Frustrated at his lack of luck, Dave decided to take a break and perched himself on a bench, gazing at his surroundings behind his shades.

"If everyone is one, none will be afraid."

Pen~Breeders~Trades~Wishes~Rentals
Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 877
Donate

Re: Dave: Catch up with the Witch. (Self, Slight L)

Postby Thunder » 09/02/2012 6:46 PM

There were all sorts of people- and animals- running around the park. To Dave's left was a huge dragon sleeping soundly in the grass. Several human children were climbing around on its body, but the dragon didn't notice and continued to snooze. To his right, he could see two women walking their dogs, which oddly resembled the species John had become. Dave had seen some strange beasts in Sburb, but they were all pretty aggressive and ended up dead at his feet after attacking him. He could only imagine what the trolls would think of Evelon; from what Terezi taught him, trolls didn't have parents- he recalled being utterly baffled when he heard about this- and instead were taken care of by monstrous white beasts known as Lusii. He wondered if it was weird for trolls to have pets for this reason, but his train of thought was soon interrupted by a strange shape flying overhead.

Dave looked up towards the sky. There, right by the sun, was a winged, orange figure that seemed to be coming towards him. A sense of familiarity stirred in his Corbine heart, and he pushed off the branch and began flying towards the figure. He hoped he wouldn't suddenly turn into a human mid-flight. It had happened to him once before, and thankfully he hadn't been too far off the ground and only got some bruises, but he really didn't want to think about what would happen if he fell from higher up. There wouldn't be any Unreal Air to catch him.

But if he was correct about who the flying thing was, perhaps that other feathery asshole would feel helpful enough to rescue him before he plummeted to his doom.

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: Dave: Catch up with the Witch. (Self, Slight L)

Postby Thunder » 09/02/2012 10:22 PM

As Dave flew closer, the figure turned out to be a blindingly orange avian. His crow eyes could make out a pair of shades much like his own, shielding the other bird's eyes. His intuition had been proven correct, and he flew right up to the other bird and greeted it. "'Sup?"

Davesprite, that other version of himself born during Sburb, stopped in mid-air, regarding Dave's crow body with raised eyebrows. The sprite obviously hadn't expected to see a fellow feathery asshole, and while birds didn't resemble humans at all, he could tell that the Corbine was Dave, perhaps because of the shades. The two Daves hadn't seen each other for quite some time, but as Striders do, they both kept the reunion chill and cool.

"Gog damn, you got turned into a bird too?" Davesprite sighed. "Well shit, at least you became a crow. I have no fucking idea why this place decided I should be a parrot instead."

"Being a crow is sweet and all but I really need to find out how to control turning back into a human," Dave grumbled. "I nearly crashed into the earth like a meteor the size of fucking Jupiter since I was about to fly in this form and reverted to a coolkid a few feet into the air. Do you know the trick?"

"I can turn back into my usual awesome sprite self just by thinking about it, but then again I was already bird-like enough. So maybe it's easier for me. I honestly have no fucking idea. Maybe you just have to get used to it."

"Really? Show me, man."

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: Dave: Catch up with the Witch. (Self, L)

Postby Thunder » 09/03/2012 12:11 AM

Parrot-Davesprite began to glow, and soon enough his shape morphed into that of the bird-boy Dave was familiar with. Davesprite had the head of a boy, but surrounding his orange-skinned neck was a fine ruff of equally orange feathers that made him look like he was wearing a boa. Two huge, brilliant wings sprouted from his back, and below his waistline were not legs, but a long, tangerine tail that seemed solid enough, yet petered out like smoke at the end. Still, there was something off about the sprite that Dave couldn't quite put a finger on. Something was missing, and he wasn't sure what.

"Wow. I wish transforming was that easy for me," Dave muttered. "But whatever. That's not the big problem right now. Have you seen any of the others? Our friends, I mean. I found John a while ago but I don't know how anyone else is doing."

"I thought I caught a glimpse of Jade a while back but she vanished into a crowd like one of Egbert's stupid Ghostbuster ghosts. I don't know about anyone else."

"Well that's kind of a relief, I guess. Where did you see her?"

"Some random town. I didn't even know the name of the place. This world is pretty huge and my sprite powers don't tell me jack shit about what to do if Sburb suddenly drops you into LOTAAMF."

"LOTAAMF?"

"The Land of Talking Animals and Maybe Furries. Seriously, this shit is more bizarre than those nakkodiles on LOHAC. But maybe less annoying. Maybe."

It never struck Dave as strange, talking to what was essentially a replica of himself plus a Kernelsprite and a bird. It was just like he had an identical twin who mutated to grow feathers. He figured he had more in common with Davesprite, now that he had some wings too, but he knew there was a disturbed side of the sprite that he might never have. Davesprite, after all, had come from a doomed timeline, and in that timeline John and Jade died. That trauma would never leave, and perhaps the closest feeling Dave got to that was the stunned sorrow he felt when he learned that their Bro died.

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate