Almost large enough to be considered a theme park while remaining free to the public, Terrace Park is rumored to have been the site of the Grand Hollowheart's defeat, leading to the Hollowhearts first accepting a pact with humans. (+2 Fame, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Terrace Park

Halloween Trek {Raven & Wave}

Postby wave3girl » 10/19/2012 10:43 PM

The night when the kids and pets a like run around to get treats and sweets. Houses decorated with spooky ghosts,witches, angry  Kirund, sad Tatterdem, thorn thief,  and demons. The treats tempt while the few daring creature try to play tricks around some scary archways and darkened pathways. Some may run away from the tricks but what is this old Hallo'eves night with out them?
Some of the youngsters run from door to door while others plan out the most they can get from the community by how much they gave out the year before. No Trick-or-treater will go home empty handed this very evening. This night is to be a fun evening for everyone.
What will this night bring out?

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up.
The most certain way to succeed
is always to try just one more time.
~Thomas A. Edison~

Zoo Pen | Journal | Wishes
wave3girl
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 92
Donate

Re: Halloween Trek {Raven & Wave}

Postby wave3girl » 10/19/2012 11:01 PM

Tenten was unsure how this night would turn out. He had his pillowcase with his initials on it, "T.T." to put all the goodies he was about to get more of. He had a few handmade toffee twists and a mini Coffin Crisp bar. He walked by a few more houses before he thought he smelt something. What was that? It was sweet but hardy. He lifted his mask with his feathers bunching around the edge of it. It smelt of gooseberries and apples.
The chilly night air left him with a slight smirk, it was perfect for him. He was not a make- shift Dracula like many others, no he was Erik, the man who taught a woman to sing and scared an opera house to close. He would perform his best Phantom of the Opera impersonation all night. He will try to at least get three houses where they know exactly who is.
Muttering to himself over and over for his treat, "Trick or Treat, Christine?" and for his trick,"Will you come with me into the night Christine?"

~Thomas A. Edison~

wave3girl
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FrostyRae » 10/19/2012 11:19 PM

It was Halloween and there was a little boy running around in a costume like that of the Goblin King from a movie called Labyrinth. Parents would smile at him and ask where his guardians were. With a cheery smile and bright eyes, the little blonde would answer, "I don't know. Could you take me to the next house?" And of course they wouldn't refuse because letting a child roam alone just was cruel in their minds.

Thanking them each time, the little cutie came to a house where the man next to him dressed kind of funny. "Trick or treat!" he beamed after knocking on the door. Tugging on the man's outfit, he grinned and introduced himself to the stranger.

"Hey! My name is Jareth! What's yours, mister?"
FrostyRae
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby wave3girl » 10/19/2012 11:37 PM

Tenten was walking up to a house not as old as it tried to look. His mask being pulled down around his face still mumbling his lines, "Trick or Treat, Christine?" and "Will you come with me into the night Christine?". To night was like a play, a performance for both himself and others around him. Tenten proclaimed like it was his only line, "Trick or Treat; my Christine?" He held out his pillow case the best he could with his feathers getting in the way of the opening in the 'bag' His black satin cape with red fleece lining was dancing in the wind. It was not unheard of for Hallows eve to be gusty. He turned to the little squeak beside him. How could he not notice a kid dressed up like his idol; Jareth, the goblin king! Did this kid even know who he dressed up as?
Oh right, the kid asked a question, "I am Erik, the Phantom of the Opera."

~Thomas A. Edison~

wave3girl
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FrostyRae » 10/20/2012 12:14 AM

Looking over Tenten, Jareth could only giggle slightly. "Wanna trick-or-treat with me, Phantom?" he asked, his voice sounding a bit more mature than it should be for a child of his age. The blonde's hair not being in nearly as much of a mess as it would be if he were an adult, the boy scratched his head. It was still wild and sparkly as ever.

Receiving his candy, the little Goblin King strutted a little ways off before looking back at Tenten with a look that seemed just as sassy as if he could have been the Goblin King himself. While he waited, he plucked a small crystal out of his pocket, as if it had come out of thin air, rolling it around in his hands absently.
FrostyRae
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby wave3girl » 10/20/2012 12:40 AM

"I see no problem with this," he thought aloud with his voice muffled by the mask, "We could make this evenings performance more festive."
He looked at this Jareth who was playing with a crystal ball. This was something he always wanted to learn but never had the time to self teach. Oh this little guy seemed to really perfect that goblin king face. What was his story any ways?
He walked over to the kid and started to walk down the pathways to the next house. The house was decorated to not scare kids but to still have a festive Halloween feel to it.  He started to hum the opening song to Phantom of the Opera.

~Thomas A. Edison~

wave3girl
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FrostyRae » 10/20/2012 10:35 PM

Walking along side Tenten, Jareth grinned as widely as he could. Once the "Phantom" next to him started to hum, however, he stopped and let his face settle into one of thought and wonder. Continuing his little crystal playing, his eyes brightened when they headed toward the next house. "Oh~!"

Meanwhile, entering the neighborhood where Tenten and Jareth were, a frantic woman dressed up as Christine from The Phantom of the Opera was calling out the child's name. "Oof! Where could he have gone off too?" she whimpered to herself, ringing her hands together nervously. "Jareth! Where are you, you little brat!"
FrostyRae
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby wave3girl » 10/20/2012 11:57 PM

"Oh? What is Oh?" He asked still humming that starts into quiet singing to himself. He loved singing, it helped relieve tension for him when he doing things.
Tenten looked up at the next house, "shall we?" He made sure his mask was in place before knocking and declaring like every pet before him, "Trick or Treat." A salted fish snack was packaged and placed into his bag... What an odd treat.   Walking off of the doorstep he looked at his partner for the night, "How did you learn to do that? Can you teach me a trick?" A far off voice sounded like it was calling for his companion...

~Thomas A. Edison~

wave3girl
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FrostyRae » 10/21/2012 12:31 AM

"I like the look of this house, silly!" Jareth exclaimed, unfortunately receiving the same as his partner did, fish. Looking at Tenten when he was asked something, the child laughed softly. "I've always been able to do this! And sure, I guess...anything specific?"

A few houses away from Tenten and Jareth, the woman thought she spotted the little blonde and sighed in relief. "Jareth! There you are!-" But realizing she had the wrong child, she continued to search until she came upon the yard that the pair were at. Catching her breath, the relief returned to her face. "...Jareth, is that you?"
FrostyRae
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby wave3girl » 10/21/2012 12:59 AM

Stunned, is the best word for his thoughts. He heard an angels voice. How can that be? Was he so in character that he thought he heard 'his angels' voice. This was silly, he was just too excited for candy.
He walked beside Jareth with his wings starting to ache. He was use to flying from point A to point B not walking at a kid's pace. Flying was almost as relaxing as Singing, almost.  There was a chill in the air he liked, it help him think. Being grouped felt like he was stable too.
"Do you hear that? I think someone is..." He was about to state what he thought he heard hear when he side stepped away from  being almost knocked down by very excited Pets running ahead to the next house.  "HEY!" he barked almost sounding like a caw, "Watch it."

~Thomas A. Edison~

wave3girl
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FrostyRae » 10/21/2012 1:07 AM

Of course the child hadn't heard the woman calling his name, though he had heard her voice absently, Jareth was having too much fun with Tenten. When the other children ran into his partner, however, he glowered at them. "They should slow down and enjoy themselves. Trick-or-treating is for fun, not seeing who can get the most, 'least last time I knew..."

A frown settled onto the woman's face when the child had not heard her. "How rude..." she scoffed quietly. Until she confirmed if that was indeed Jareth, she would just have to keep trying to get the pair's attention. The thing she hadn't noticed just yet though was the Phantom of the Opera getup that Tenten was dressed in.
FrostyRae
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby wave3girl » 10/21/2012 1:21 AM

Coming up to the 5th house of the night or so, Tenten realises that he didn't answer this kids question. "How do you roll the ball from the front of your hand to the back?" He asked trying to understand more about this kid. It's odd to know someone with a hobby so close to the Character dressed up. "...Is it hard to teach when you don't remember when you started trying?"

~Thomas A. Edison~

wave3girl
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FrostyRae » 10/21/2012 1:36 AM

"Like I said, I've always known how to do this...I don't remember anybody teaching me." Thinking on it for a moment, Jareth giggled softly. "It's more illusion, gravity, and timing than anything else. Kind of hard to explain...hehe." He seemed nervous for a moment, as if not sure on what to say or do now. Deciding to avert the attention from himself, the child turned towards Tenten. "So...where you gonna go when we're done doing this?"

Somehow getting herself ahead of the pair, the woman was sitting on the side-walk, catching her breath. Where could have he gone off to? He just had to be around here somewhere because she had seen him run this way. "Oh Jareth...where could you have gone?" she mumbled, sounding a little exasperated.
FrostyRae
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby wave3girl » 10/21/2012 6:17 PM

"After trick or treating," he asked trying to understand the question, "or after tonight?" He was trying not to sounded like a fool but he answered both. "I'm going to a Hallow Eves party and after that I can get ready for tomorrow's play." He was thinking about how he was going to be the co-star in the "Red Death".  He thought it would absolutely awe inspiring but none the less fun.

~Thomas A. Edison~

wave3girl
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FrostyRae » 10/21/2012 7:29 PM

"Oh! Oh! Can I come with you to the party?! Pleaaaase~?!" he pleaded, eyes going big and shiny just for that extra incentive. A party sounded like fun to Jareth, especially if they got a lot of candy there too. Ignoring the bit about the play, the child seemed content on trying to beg the man to take him to the party after they finished trick-or-treating.

Feeling rather down, the woman decided to softly sing "Past the Point of No Return", a few tears dropping. Why did he have to run off like that and how could she have lost him? The brunette knew full and well that the little rascal could be very tricky, but he hadn't tried anything until now. Now she had to figure out how she was going to find him and still yet be able to trick-or-treat herself.
FrostyRae
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Next